PDA

View Full Version : Nascar-Goodyear strikes again!!

HighRoller
10-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Talk about junk tires...I wonder how long it is before Goodyear kills someone with their rubber time bombs?

NashvilleBound
10-16-2005, 04:33 PM
What did we get....2 laps? Pretty bad!

HighRoller
10-16-2005, 05:10 PM
BANG!!!!!Bye Junior. Bye Bobby Jr. Bye Sterling. Who's next? Hopefully these guys are all checking their belts frequently.

Creator
10-16-2005, 05:17 PM
You blame the tires when it is clearly the track!

Moneypitt
10-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Not every car/driver is having the problem. Different set ups, different driving styles. Some are harder on tires than others, combine that with the "grinded",(sic) track and it becomes a crapshoot as to who will finish, and out of that group, who will win..........MP

HighRoller
10-16-2005, 06:00 PM
The track is an issue, but Goodyear does tons of testing before any race. It's not like this is the first race they've had on this track surface. This is what happens when you don't let tire companies compete for the teams' business.

schiada96
10-16-2005, 06:04 PM
The track is an issue, but Goodyear does tons of testing before any race. It's not like this is the first race they've had on this track surface. This is what happens when you don't let tire companies compete for the teams' business.
Nope first race with the new track surface at the cup level. Now nascar is telling them what tire pressure to run. Nascar sucks but I still watch it.

HighRoller
10-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Sorry, what I meant was this isn't the first time the cup cars have run on this surface. They always do thousands of laps of tire testing before each race to see if their tire works. Now Smoke just had a RR go down on him and spin him out. What a joke. You literally couldn't run a racing series any worse than they do. I especially enjoyed the shock fiasco from Dover.

superdave013
10-16-2005, 07:06 PM
What a joke. You literally couldn't run a racing series any worse than they do. I especially enjoyed the shock fiasco from Dover.
then step up and do it better. you sound like you have all the anwsers. :idea:

Supultlbich
10-16-2005, 07:12 PM
I missed it what happend to the #24????

phebus
10-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Gordon hit the wall early, knocking him out of thr race.
One thing for sure, with all theese yellows, this is one loooonnnnng race. :sleeping:

Supultlbich
10-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey Rick, today was open house!!!!!!! Good thing you missed it!

phebus
10-16-2005, 07:33 PM
That is one thing I won't miss!!, but I sure do miss work. Being retired out sounds great, but it is really a hard pill to swallow when you love your job, and you're not financially ready to leave.

Supultlbich
10-16-2005, 07:38 PM
I hear you loud and clear, whats the latest on the new house, when are you guys planning on moving??

phebus
10-16-2005, 07:41 PM
We haven't sold our house here, it's really slow right now, so the moving plans are waiting until we sell.
I am going to be pissed when we move out to Havasu, if guys from the department don't come by and see us. Allways cold beer and boat parking.

Supultlbich
10-17-2005, 04:30 PM
We haven't sold our house here, it's really slow right now, so the moving plans are waiting until we sell.
I am going to be pissed when we move out to Havasu, if guys from the department don't come by and see us. Allways cold beer and boat parking.
My house will be done in March, you cant count on me, I will spread the word!!!!!