PDA

View Full Version : All inclusive resorts????

havasujoe93
10-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Has anyone been to one or have any experience with them??? I am doing some early planning for next years vacation. :mix: :mix:

uvindex
10-17-2005, 08:03 PM
I've been to some.
Club Med Cancun -- Had a great time there, but it was several years ago -- not sure how it is these days.
Sandals Negril (Jamaica) -- Was there two years ago. it was OK. Nothing significant to complain about, but won't go back there.
Paridisus Riviera Cancun (actually near Playa Del Carmen) -- went in August. Very, very nice. Highly recommend the place.

havasujoe93
10-17-2005, 08:06 PM
I've been to some.
Club Med Cancun -- Had a great time there, but it was several years ago -- not sure how it is these days.
Sandals Negril (Jamaica) -- Was there two years ago. it was OK. Nothing significant to complain about, but won't go back there.
Paridisus Riviera Cancun (actually near Playa Del Carmen) -- went in August. Very, very nice. Highly recommend the place.
Are these 7 day trips??? What do they tend to cost, I have been looking on line and none of the resorts have any prices. I am just trying to get an idea.

uvindex
10-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Are these 7 day trips??? What do they tend to cost, I have been looking on line and none of the resorts have any prices. I am just trying to get an idea.Yes, mine have been 7 days, but there are plenty of packages for 5 or even 3 days if that's what you're looking for.
I can't really remember exactly how much these have been. Best recollection is maybe $2K-$3K for two people, seven days, with round-trip airfare (that was for a pretty upscale resort -- there are lots of ways to go cheaper if you're more interested in having a place to crash in a nice resort city, versus having lots of amenities).
You should be able to find prices online. Try www.americanexpressvacations.com, or even www.costco.com. Also, old-fashioned travel agents are still a good bet, even though the Internet is so popular. I booked my last cruise and second-to-last all inclusive using brick and mortar travel agents, 'cause they were able to beat the best deals I had found on the Internet (doesn't cost anything to get a quote from them, you know).
Good luck! :)

pebo
10-17-2005, 08:20 PM
Went here two weeks ago. We liked it. Is all inclusive and 18 and over only. (no kids) There is a kid one next door if you like. It wa 6 days 5 nites with airfare from LA for 1800 bucks. http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv&itty=new&from=m&shtl=1&htid=117967&mdpcid=21187-1.ExpediaHotels%20Hotel_ReviewTOP%20none%2012&eapid=21187-1&&zz=1129514947380&

havasujoe93
10-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Went here two weeks ago. We liked it. Is all inclusive and 18 and over only. (no kids) There is a kid one next door if you like. It wa 6 days 5 nites with airfare from LA for 1800 bucks. http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv&itty=new&from=m&shtl=1&htid=117967&mdpcid=21187-1.ExpediaHotels%20Hotel_ReviewTOP%20none%2012&eapid=21187-1&&zz=1129514947380&
Is that $1800.00 for 2 people??? Where was the resort????

uvindex
10-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Where was the resort????When I click on the link he provided it shows a resort in Puerto Vallarta. :)

havasujoe93
10-17-2005, 08:53 PM
When I click on the link he provided it shows a resort in Puerto Vallarta. :)
Yeah, my dumbass clicked on it and I have been on it ever since. Thanks for all the help.

a catered life
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Has anyone been to one or have any experience with them??? I am doing some early planning for next years vacation. :mix: :mix:
all inclusive is a great way to travel especially with the family everything is paid for inadvance the one and only problem with it is you have to be at your resort to enjoy it so if your going to be away for most of the day rethink the expense otherwise its great

Rexone
10-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Joe the 49ers have a resort I hear. It's weusedtowinfootballgames.com. Everything's included except the celebration parties.
(sorry couldn't resist). :)

BajaMike
10-17-2005, 09:25 PM
I went to this place for my honeymoon....Peter Island Resort....In the British Virgin Islands. :D
http://www.pi-resort.com/images/con_activities1.jpg
It's expensive, about $500 per night per couple for the beach front suites, includes all food but not drinks.
:eat:
Peter Island Website (http://www.peterisland.com/)
It is considered one of the best resorts in the world...the whole island is completely private....and they pick you up at the Tortolla airport in one of the islands private yachts.
The BVI is really nice....I've sailed there three times and honeymooned there once.
:D

KineticoH20
10-17-2005, 09:28 PM
The best all inclusive is a cruise, we do 10 day caribean every year, for the money you can't beat it.

a catered life
10-17-2005, 09:29 PM
I went to this place for my honeymoon....Peter Island Resort....In the British Virgin Islands. :D
http://www.pi-resort.com/images/con_activities1.jpg
It's expensive, about $500 per night per couple for the beach front suites, includes all food but not drinks.
:eat:
Peter Island Website (http://www.peterisland.com/)
It is considered one of the best resorts in the world...the whole island is completely private....and they pick you up at the Tortolla airport in one of the islands private yachts.
The BVI is really nice....I've sailed there three times and honeymooned there once.
:D
whata so great about it all inclusive and no drinks :mix:

havasujoe93
10-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Joe the 49ers have a resort I hear. It's weusedtowinfootballgames.com. Everything's included except the celebration parties.
(sorry couldn't resist). :)
How did I know you would find a way to post a comment. Thanks for the advise. Atleast we didn't lose this weekend. :p

Rexone
10-17-2005, 09:38 PM
How did I know you would find a way to post a comment. Thanks for the advise. Atleast we didn't lose this weekend. :p
Keep the faith Hjoe, there's always next weekend. :D
Go 49er's (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1605080#post1605080)
http://ww3.sportsline.com/b/apphotos/Fumble1696.jpg

havasujoe93
10-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Keep the faith Hjoe, there's always next weekend. :D
Go 49er's (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1605080#post1605080)
Hahahahaha. I am going to keep my fingers crossed for a win against Washington, you should to we need all the help we can get. :clover: :D :D

uvindex
10-18-2005, 04:16 AM
The best all-inclusive is a cruise, we do 10 day caribean every year, for the money you can't beat it.I love cruises too. One thing to keep in mind when comparing a cruise to a land all-inclusive is BOOZE. Every cruise I've been on the alcohol was extra $$ (and I always end up with a significant bar tab at the end of the cruise) while the last two land all-inclusives I've been on included alcohol (all you can drink 24x7). Again, I love cruising but unless one is a non-drinker the alcohol factor should be taken into account when comparing prices. :)

Infomaniac
10-18-2005, 05:49 AM
I love cruises too. One thing to keep in mind when comparing a cruise to a land all-inclusive is BOOZE. Every cruise I've been on the alcohol was extra $$ (and I always end up with a significant bar tab at the end of the cruise) while the last two land all-inclusives I've been on included alcohol (all you can drink 24x7). Again, I love cruising but unless one is a non-drinker the alcohol factor should be taken into account when comparing prices. :)
Occidental Carribean Village in Cancun is very reasonable.
And on a cruise Take your own bottle in your luggage man. Been there done that. Never been without. Just got lucky the frist time doing that.

Waist Deep
10-18-2005, 05:52 AM
Paradisius Playa Conchal in Costa Rica was great
Beaches Negril was good
Atlantis in the Bahamas was great esp if you got kids, exp. though
Going to the Dominican Republic this year, 8 days all inclusive from LA was $4,700.00 for 3 of us in a 5 star rated resort in Punta Cana. Best deal I've found.

superdave013
10-18-2005, 06:05 AM
all inclusive is a great way to travel especially with the family everything is paid for inadvance the one and only problem with it is you have to be at your resort to enjoy it so if your going to be away for most of the day rethink the expense otherwise its great
That's why the palace resorts chain is so nice. If you stay at one you can go to any of the others and use everything for no extra charge. Also more tours then I cared to take were included. We stayed down in the Riviera Maya area and I think it's much nicer then Cancun.
We went to the Aventura Spa Palace and spent alot of time at Xpu-Ha Palace. Also went on a few tours. I will say that Xpu-Ha is one the best streach of beach I've ever seen. That is just a really cool place.
http://www.palaceresorts.com/

uvindex
10-18-2005, 06:57 AM
And on a cruise Take your own bottle in your luggage man. Been there done that. Never been without. Just got lucky the frist time doing that.Agreed -- I learned before my first cruise the tricks for smuggling liquor aboard. :) Although that helps, I still always end up buying a bunch of drinks just 'cause there are lots of places on the ship (restaurants, lounges, poolside) where it is pretty hard to drink your smuggled-on booze. The last two all inclusives I went on were way cool, in that your room was stocked with booze (and a fridge) and there were bars all over the place where you just walk up and say "give me whatever." Same with poolside. Smuggling booze onto a cruise just isn't the same as a real all-inclusive. (I still like cruises, however, 'cause they offer a lot that all-inclusives don't).

AZKC
10-18-2005, 07:12 AM
That's why the palace resorts chain is so nice. If you stay at one you can go to any of the others and use everything for no extra charge. Also more tours then I cared to take were included. We stayed down in the Riviera Maya area and I think it's much nicer then Cancun.
We went to the Aventura Spa Palace and spent alot of time at Xpu-Ha Palace. Also went on a few tours. I will say that Xpu-Ha is one the best streach of beach I've ever seen. That is just a really cool place.
Excellent choice :cool: We stayed at the Moon Palace. Not the best Cancun beach but no waves and the women go topless :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-18-2005, 07:17 AM
I went to Club Med in Mexico somewhere and it sucked ass. I used to have a roommate whose mom was super rich and she took 4 of us for my roommates 30th birthday.
I wouldn't ever go to Club Med again. LAME!!!!

spectratoad
10-18-2005, 07:57 AM
We did this one too. Looking forward to going again. We stayed at Aventure Palace. Nice place. Drinks included, good food. We went through a travel agaent and if I remember it was around $3K. :D

havasujoe93
10-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Damn, this has all been a great help. We went on a cruise this year and the bar tab was about the same cost as the trip. Thats why we were looking for an all inclusive resort. Plus we have about 20 to 25 people that will be going. Does anyone know any travel agents on the boards that I can talk to????
Thanks again. :) :) :rollside:

pebo
10-18-2005, 09:07 PM
QUOTE]Is that $1800.00 for 2 people??? Where was the resort????[/QUOTE]
Yes that was for 2

crownie
10-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Try Aventura Spa Palace in Playa del Carmen Mexico. 3200 for two, days including airfare from LAX. Excellent adults only resort. Six individual restaurants two very large pools and two lagoons. The package includes access to the other five palace resorts in the area. All food and drinks included, including a bar in your room. very nice rooms with large two persom tubs in the bedroom. Best of all NO kids.