PDA

View Full Version : NJBA Registration - Rio Bravo Closed!

BUSBY
10-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey everyone ... I was just informed that the Rio Bravo has closed. Possibly for good. We will be moving registration to the track Friday 5pm until ??? 7:30pm ??? It will be held right next to the tower tralier.
Saturday morning will be as it always is ... front gate starting at 7:00 am ...
We have been aware of the condition of the hotel/property and it's decline ... it is unfortunate, but we all have watched the place go downhill over the last 6-7 years ...
See you all at the track!
Brian

WILDERTHANU
10-18-2005, 09:49 AM
That place really turned in to a pile o shit. What happened???

BUSBY
10-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Dunno ... the last 2 owners just didn't care about it I guess. It was about 6 years ago when the original owners sold it and it's been horrible ever since.
I think that they are waiting to sell it to developers ... to make lake view homes ... but there is no proof of that ... just a hunch ...
It does suck though ...

Her454
10-18-2005, 11:27 AM
... to make lake view homes ... but there is no proof of that ... just a hunch ...
And that will be the beginning of the end for racing there. Next will be noise complaints etc.
The Rio used to be a nice place back in its day, but it got to where I wouldn't even stay there. The service was even worse than the condition of the property lately.

BUSBY
10-18-2005, 12:18 PM
And that will be the beginning of the end for racing there. Next will be noise complaints etc.
The Rio used to be a nice place back in its day, but it got to where I wouldn't even stay there. The service was even worse than the condition of the property lately.
you are 100% correct ... which is SAD ...
The last time I stayed there was about 3 years ago, I was taking a shower and a piece of the ceiling fell down and almost hit me ... apparently, the shower upstairs had a leak which they fixed but the drywall finally fell apart, unfortunately, when it did ... I almost was taken out by it.
When I complained to the front desk & Manager ... they said that they would clean it up, but they couldn't do anything about it ... no new room, no discount, not even an APOLOGY!
I never went back ... instead we bought our new enclosed trailer w/ living quarters ... staying in the pits now ... I like it better ...

Her454
10-18-2005, 12:54 PM
The last time I stayed there was about 3 years ago, I was taking a shower and a piece of the ceiling fell down and almost hit me ... apparently, the shower upstairs had a leak which they fixed but the drywall finally fell apart, unfortunately, when it did ... I almost was taken out by it.
When I complained to the front desk & Manager ... they said that they would clean it up, but they couldn't do anything about it ... no new room, no discount, not even an APOLOGY!
I never went back ... instead we bought our new enclosed trailer w/ living quarters ... staying in the pits now ... I like it better ...
I had a similar issue, and on top of that they incorrectly over-charged my credit card. It took them at least 45 minutes to correct it, and when the statement came it STILL was not corrected on that end. I received no apology and as a matter of fact, they were rude and irritated I even bothered to complain. I have never been back.

BUSBY
10-18-2005, 01:52 PM
What sucks is that they didn't contact us to notify us that they were closed & we couldn't hold registration there. We found out because members were calling us to find out where they were supposed to stay. I called the back line and got through ... and as you said, they were irritated at me for asking what the deal was ... I let her know that we are their best customers, and they should have (at the least) called us to give us a heads up.
I asked if they were closed, they said, "we're closed" ... I asked if it was due to remodel, they said, "we're closed" ... I asked if it was for good, they said, "we're closed".
So, I figure that they're closed. I could get nothing else outta them.

O.B eddie
10-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Hmm kinda sound's like the power's to be of the N.J.B.A!! 50 dollar fee's no discount and cant do anything about it!! Hee Haww for the mgrs. of the rio running the N.J.B.A :rollside:

BILLY.B
10-20-2005, 06:43 AM
The hotel went down hill after years of being a pretty cool place to hang. Like were all fearing it won't be long until the developers get a hold of that whole area and your racing days will be done :( :cry: :cry: . My cousins who owned Mesa Marin speedway held there last race there last Saturday night after some 30yrs of business. What ashame that developers can come in to an area that is already established, build some house's and put you out. Where will it end. :hammerhea :hammerhea :argue:

BUSBY
10-20-2005, 08:25 AM
My cousins who owned Mesa Marin speedway held there last race there last Saturday night after some 30yrs of business.
I watched that race on ESPN or Speedvision, can't remember which it was, it is sad that it closed down.
What ashame that developers can come in to an area that is already established, build some house's and put you out. Where will it end. :hammerhea :hammerhea :argue:
Isn't that the truth? It's just wrong.

steve d
10-20-2005, 09:07 AM
The hotel went down hill after years of being a pretty cool place to hang. Like were all fearing it won't be long until the developers get a hold of that whole area and your racing days will be done :( :cry: :cry: . My cousins who owned Mesa Marin speedway held there last race there last Saturday night after some 30yrs of business. What ashame that developers can come in to an area that is already established, build some house's and put you out. Where will it end. :hammerhea :hammerhea :argue:
Raceways haven't stopped closing since Lincoln Park in the late '40's, vets stadium,culver city,Gardena,El Toro, Ascot, Marine Stadium????etc,etc, etc---------------------TOO MANY PEOPLE!!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-20-2005, 09:31 AM
---------------------TOO MANY PEOPLE!!!
Too many boring people.... :cry: