PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody see this Cheyenne at Pleasant

TJS
10-18-2005, 10:23 AM
http://www.tjsperformance.com/cheyenejet.htm
He said he was out on Pleasant on Sunday. He finally got it water ready.
He moved out there from CT. in June 05. I will be out there in November for the world finals at Firebird. During the week while I am there we are going to Pleasant I think. Thanks.
T.J.
www.tjsperformance.com

Some Kind Of Monster
10-18-2005, 10:24 AM
Dead Link :-(

BIGAMIST
10-18-2005, 10:37 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121Stilljet.jpg

TJS
10-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks..Big. I was just about to do that.
T.J.

Squirtcha?
10-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Generally speaking, you won't find too many of us low profile locals out on Pleasant on any weekend. That lake is rougher than crap.
In the summertime we'll go up on Friday night and it's usually pretty good (unless it's windy).
If you're lucky enough to get a day off during the week, it's pretty good too.
On the weekends it's like offshore central. You'd think you were on the ocean with all those 30+ footers.
This time of the year it might slow down a bit (speaking to the offshore thing here), but I still wouldn't go unless someone called me from there, and I knew it wasn't busy ahead of time.
Rock walls all around the lake. Wakes come at ya unexpectedly from all different directions. Ya really have to watch out for em.
I was born and raised on Lake Michigan so I'm used to rough water. Sometimes lil Lake Pleasant will rival the great lakes as far as conditions go.
I seem to remember that Cheyenne from quite a few years back. Didn't you post on RealJetBoats or banderlog regarding this one?

TJS
10-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Generally speaking, you won't find too many of us low profile locals out on Pleasant on any weekend. That lake is rougher than crap.
In the summertime we'll go up on Friday night and it's usually pretty good (unless it's windy).
If you're lucky enough to get a day off during the week, it's pretty good too.
On the weekends it's like offshore central. You'd think you were on the ocean with all those 30+ footers.
This time of the year it might slow down a bit (speaking to the offshore thing here), but I still wouldn't go unless someone called me from there, and I knew it wasn't busy ahead of time.
Rock walls all around the lake. Wakes come at ya unexpectedly from all different directions. Ya really have to watch out for em.
I was born and raised on Lake Michigan so I'm used to rough water. Sometimes lil Lake Pleasant will rival the great lakes as far as conditions go.
I seem to remember that Cheyenne from quite a few years back. Didn't you post on RealJetBoats or banderlog regarding this one?
Ya he said it was rough with off shore boats there. He lives in Surprise. Where do we go then squirt. Yes this is the boat I posted a long time ago on RJB.
thanks.
T.J.

AZKC
10-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Roosevelt or Apache are great this time of year just a longer tow. And the dirt road to Apache is always an adventure :rollside:

Squirtcha?
10-18-2005, 12:37 PM
I'd suggest Bartlett. You can almost always count on it being calm (especially this time of the year). If you can go on a weekday, there'll be zero law enforcement (not that they're usually a problem). Drive time from Surprise would be around 1.5 to 2 hours which is the only downside.
In my mind, the drive time is justified when I can pretty much count on being able to run fast as I like.
http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/data/500/19map_to_bartlett.JPG