PDA

View Full Version : Legalization of Marijuana

Boozer
10-18-2005, 02:03 PM
The feds need more tax revenue. People want marijuana legalized. Why don't the feds see this as a blessing? Legalization of marijuana would provide the feds with billions annualy in tax revenue if they were to legalize marijuana and yet they keep holding out. For what?
Next month a prop is going to be on the Colorado ballot. The proposal calls for the legalization of marijuana, if passed it will allow Colorado residents to be in posession of one ounce or less of marijuana. With the amount of people in Colorado who use marijuana regularly being the highest per capita in the entire country the bill should and most likely will pass with flying colors.
So why do the feds continue to fight what the people want? This is a HUGE oppurtunity for the feds and they will be able to tax the hell out of marijuana. I just don't get it.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-18-2005, 02:14 PM
While it may pass in CO, it is still a federal crime, correct?

Boozer
10-18-2005, 02:28 PM
While it may pass in CO, it is still a federal crime, correct?
Correct. However, state and local law enforcement agencies will not enforce the federal laws.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Hmmmmmmm Interesting. The LE are required to enforce fed laws. I guess we get to see how much deriliction happens. I wonder if they'll hire any ex-NOPD folks to assist.
I'm actually not really AGAINST legalization, BUT, I would want to see it done where employers have the right to deny employment should they wish on Marajuana use.
BTW, the fed govt doesn't need any more tax revenue. What they need to do is spend waht we give them WISELY. more wisely than they do. I know, I know, it's a pipe dream. Hmmmmm Did I just use "pipe dream" in a thread about Marry-Jane????? :D

Boozer
10-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Hmmmmmmm Interesting. The LE are required to enforce fed laws. I guess we get to see how much deriliction happens. I wonder if they'll hire any ex-NOPD folks to assist.
I'm actually not really AGAINST legalization, BUT, I would want to see it done where employers have the right to deny employment should they wish on Marajuana use.
BTW, the fed govt doesn't need any more tax revenue. What they need to do is spend waht we give them WISELY. more wisely than they do. I know, I know, it's a pipe dream. Hmmmmm Did I just use "pipe dream" in a thread about Marry-Jane????? :D
LE is going to enforce the laws that best suit the state and local politicians. However the feds could threaten to reduce federal funding to the state if the state were to enact the new law.
Look at San Fran and Oakland. The feds still say that medical marijuana is not legal and yet San Fran and Oakland are both allowing Dispensaries to operate.
Also, in the even that the law did pass employers would in theory still be able to drug screen and deny employment to those who test positive for marijuana. If they can now deny you employment for using tobacco products why wouldnt they be able to deny employment for marijuana use?
I also feel that in the event that legalization does occur there should be laws for operating motor vehicles while under the influence of marijuana just as there are for drinking and driving.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-18-2005, 03:36 PM
I also feel that in the event that legalization does occur there should be laws for operating motor vehicles while under the influence of marijuana just as there are for drinking and driving.
We agree.

Blown 472
10-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Where does Gary Webb come into play?

Boozer
10-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Boozer, as I'm not a pot user and won't speculate on what effect or influence the substance would have on a body after what length of time, just how would you define "under the influence". As you can show positive for a much longer period of time after use as compared with other 'chemical's' where would you put the "cut-off"?
Rio
ps...don't take this as I'm against the legalization of pot, just a ?
That's a hard question to answer. However, I'm sure that with a little research and development a testing method could be developed to determine how heavily a person is intoxicated and what level of intoxication is deemed acceptable and unacceptable.

Wicky
10-18-2005, 04:11 PM
That's a hard question to answer. However, I'm sure that with a little research and development a testing method could be developed to determine how heavily a person is intoxicated and what level of intoxication is deemed acceptable and unacceptable.
Yeah, take the Canadian Olympic snowboard team for instance, if they get a gold in the Olympics it meant they were RRRRRRREAAAAAALLLLYYY Stoned!!!!
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
I believe Ben Johnson won a gold medal while he was stoned too!!!!
They took it away though.
Damn stoners,
Wicky

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 04:26 PM
puff puff pass :redface:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Hold it man!! Don't waste it! Hold it! Hold it!
Hey, don't bogart the doob either man........... :D

riverroyal
10-18-2005, 04:39 PM
i havent seen it in awhile,need to watch it again

Creator
10-18-2005, 04:56 PM
There is a field test for checking if someone is under the influence. Much like a dui test for drunks, they check your pupils and eye movement. While these are not 100% correct it is the first step for checking. As I understand it they also have blood test that can determine the "THC"(active ingredient in weed) levels in the blood. While a certain amount of THC stays in your system for 30 days it is not recognizable by this blood test. You will only be able to see active levels with in a 4-6 hour period of smoking.

78Eliminator
10-18-2005, 10:06 PM
As I understand it they also have blood test that can determine the "THC"(active ingredient in weed) levels in the blood.
There is a test that I believe Southern Californian police officers have in their cruisers. It's a saliva test. They swab the inside of your mouth and can get the results right there on the spot and then throw you in the clink for a DUI.

Outnumbered
10-18-2005, 10:13 PM
http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/T/tosh_legalf.jpg

78Eliminator
10-18-2005, 10:17 PM
When Tosh stares out his back yard and notices that he has to grow 50 plants to support his habit, then maybe it's time to step back and cut down a bit..... :wink:

Sleek-Jet
10-19-2005, 01:48 PM
They tried this before in Colorado and the courts killed it after the election... I wouldn't hold my breath (no pun intended). :D

1978 Rogers
10-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Reading though this, here is the best quote. But, making politicians accountable, your asking for some trouble here.

1978 Rogers
10-19-2005, 02:36 PM
I also feel that in the event that legalization does occur
there should be laws for operating motor vehicles while under the influence of marijuana just as there are for drinking and driving.
Washington State does have 2 different laws. DUI, Drive Under the Influence and DWI, Driving While Intoxicated. DUI covers all other substances that impair a driver.

HighRoller
10-19-2005, 04:29 PM
This is hilarious. Pot smokers trying to justify legalization sating"it's good for the government". First of all, let's be honest here. People who are in favor of legalization don't care about tax revenues. They want it legal SO THEY CAN GET STONED LEGALLY!!! Don't blow smoke up my ass and call it a prostate massage.
Second, it doesn't matter how many millions, billions or trillions of dollars you send to government, they will ALWAYS spend it all and more. And that has been absolutely, positively been shown to be 100% true for as long as we can remember. Case in point: Tax revenues in California have risen 17% in the last two years due to increased economic activity. Has the deficit disappeared? No. They still spent every dime of the extra money.
Wake up! The government is like a hungry dog. He'll eat a bowl of food for dinner, but he'll also eat the whole bag if you give it to him because he doesn't know any better. As long as we let the government call a blank check for spending a "budget", it will continue. We need to tell them how much they have to spend and let them fight over how it's spent. Isn't that why they are there?

Schiada76
10-19-2005, 04:30 PM
No way in hell could you tax it.
I've heard (just heard mind you) that you could grow a single plant in your backyard tomato garden that would yield well over two #'s of the stickiest nastiest bud as long as your forearm that would scare you so bad when you take one hit of it that you would never smoke pot EVER again.
At least that's what I've heard. :D

78Eliminator
10-19-2005, 04:49 PM
No way in hell could you tax it.
I've heard (just heard mind you) that you could grow a single plant in your backyard tomato garden that would yield well over two #'s of the stickiest nastiest bud as long as your forearm that would scare you so bad when you take one hit of it that you would never smoke pot EVER again.
At least that's what I've heard. :D
I was just about to make that point. People are lazy, let's face it. It takes time and patience and a lot of bad batches to make your own beer or alcohol. So, the government will always get their taxes when it comes to booze. Pot is so easy, any idiot can grow it. They can simply buy it, pull the seeds out of the buds, plant it and in a couple months they will have more than they can handle. It's not in the governments best interest to legalize it because it will be so difficult to tax, so it will never happen.
:clover: <-----Pot leaf

Creator
10-20-2005, 12:59 AM
You guys are idiots(meant in the most loving way). :) :) :) I don't smoke but I do know that growing it is much more involved than you are claiming it is. I urge you to buy a book and read about it before you go making rediculous statements like that. I'm all for legalization and yes the gov. can tax the hell out of it. Plenty of people brew their own beer but that doesn't stop the vast majority from buying it off the shelf. Also who ever told you a plant will yield pounds of the stuff was the one blowing smoke up your a$$. On a good load a plant will yield about 4oz-6oz. Again do some reading or some research and you'll find that the average backyard grower can't produce the amount they want nor the quality. On anohter note, the US farmers can grow this year round and make quite a bit of cash as well. That by itself will save the govenment money. I was a psychology major in college and did plenty of research studies on this very topic, there is plenty of good books out there on the subject.
Hows that for a massage? :rollside:
I will agree that most of the people speaking out for the legalization are smokers and just want to smoke legally but I don't hold that against them. I would much rather be around a group of stoners than a bunch of drunks, but that's just me. There are still plenty of good arguments why it should be legal. Not to mention, it was legal until the mid 30's, it wasn't criminalized until the government propaganda films came out, like Refer Madness.

Schiada76
10-20-2005, 07:07 AM
You guys are idiots(meant in the most loving way). :) :) :) I don't smoke but I do know that growing it is much more involved than you are claiming it is. I urge you to buy a book and read about it before you go making rediculous statements like that. I'm all for legalization and yes the gov. can tax the hell out of it. Plenty of people brew their own beer but that doesn't stop the vast majority from buying it off the shelf. Also who ever told you a plant will yield pounds of the stuff was the one blowing smoke up your a$$. On a good load a plant will yield about 4oz-6oz. Again do some reading or some research and you'll find that the average backyard grower can't produce the amount they want nor the quality. On anohter note, the US farmers can grow this year round and make quite a bit of cash as well. That by itself will save the govenment money. I was a psychology major in college and did plenty of research studies on this very topic, there is plenty of good books out there on the subject.
Hows that for a massage? :rollside:
I will agree that most of the people speaking out for the legalization are smokers and just want to smoke legally but I don't hold that against them. I would much rather be around a group of stoners than a bunch of drunks, but that's just me. There are still plenty of good arguments why it should be legal. Not to mention, it was legal until the mid 30's, it wasn't criminalized until the government propaganda films came out, like Refer Madness.
You really don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.
Your college edjuamacation doesn't mean jack shit in real life.
The FACT is I don't smoke weed either not for about thirty years anyway but I did used to grow a vegtable garden every year. I still had friends that smoked weed about ten years ago and one of them stuck some seeds in my garden and low and behold POT PLANTS grew! The first one to bud had GIANT, sticky, stinky, buds on it, 2 #'s, I weighed the shit. I did actually try to smoke some, one hit and I've never even thought about trying it again. Gave it to the nitwit that put the seeds in my garden and played a lot of poker with him and his friends. Won a lot of money from the stoned out players. :D One of the other plants grew to 7' high, only because I trimmed it to keep it below the fence, and at least 10' wide. It had buds all over it when I tore it out and threw it in the compost heap.
So IDIOT go read your books and play with your building blocks, dumb fu*k! :mad:

1978 Rogers
10-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Being a landscaper and having a degree in Hort. I know a little about growing. It really depends where its grown for sun light exposure, soil type and making sure they get plenty of water. I new a couple guys I worked for after graduating that grew in there basements up here in WA. Can't grow outside, the season is too short. They grew in 20 gallon pots with that small trees come in. Filled the containers with composted mulch, 1 gallon of water a day and no fert. They yeiled a good crop. Bud likes nice rich soils and lots of water. You guys down south should be able to grow pretty easy outside. The more sun, the more dense a plant grows.

Creator
10-20-2005, 10:45 AM
So IDIOT go read your books and play with your building blocks, dumb fu*k! :mad:
Brilliant.

Schiada76
10-20-2005, 12:42 PM
If you don't like the response don't fcking call people idiots when you're talking out of your frequently reamed asshole. :mad:

Creator
10-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Listen BUD.... Mine was done in humor, obviously your uneducated mind can't grasp that. See the Smiley faces moron. Take a chill pill and lighten up!
BTY I know plenty of people that have grown for years and without exception the plant your talking about is not the average, but I guess because you grew 1 that makes you a pro. Good logic. Too bad you're so narrow minded you can't figure that out. Now I was trying to not sink to your level of stupidity but appearently you don't understand jack sh!t.
So FAH-Q.

Boozer
10-20-2005, 01:49 PM
You really don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.
Your college edjuamacation doesn't mean jack shit in real life.
The FACT is I don't smoke weed either not for about thirty years anyway but I did used to grow a vegtable garden every year. I still had friends that smoked weed about ten years ago and one of them stuck some seeds in my garden and low and behold POT PLANTS grew! The first one to bud had GIANT, sticky, stinky, buds on it, 2 #'s, I weighed the shit. I did actually try to smoke some, one hit and I've never even thought about trying it again. Gave it to the nitwit that put the seeds in my garden and played a lot of poker with him and his friends. Won a lot of money from the stoned out players. :D One of the other plants grew to 7' high, only because I trimmed it to keep it below the fence, and at least 10' wide. It had buds all over it when I tore it out and threw it in the compost heap.
Well here's what I can tell you.
The marijuana market is like any other in the fact that supply and demand is key in being a successful grower and seller.
This weed you grew in your garden may have been some decent stuff. That is if you are a hippy and dont mind seedy stemmy buds. However todays pothead is as much a conisseur <sp> as an avid cigar smoker or wine drinker and will not smoke seedy stemmy buds anymore. The market for that type of marijuana is pretty limited to hippies and gang bangers.
Todays pothead smokes seedless weed. They like light fluffy buds that are coated in THC crystals. In order to successfully grow this type of marijuana a lot of research and work goes into it. This type of marijuana is not grown in vegetable gardens it is grown via hydroponics that require a LOT of upkeep. The PH balances must be rigorously monitored and maintained, the light cycles must be like clock work they can not even be off by a few minutes or the result could be detrimental to your harvest. A high yielding plant of this nature will produce (if you're lucky) a half pound of premium smoke after it has been properly clipped but in most cases 3-4 ounces. The equipment to support this type of grow operation by itself will run a person roughly 7-10K dollars and that is before factoring in the cost of electricity, chemicals, labor, and most of all a few bad harvests. This being the reason that good buds can sell for as much as $35-$40 a GRAM!
Now I dont know how much you know about potheads but they just want to get stoned. They don't want to invest 7-10K and countless hours maintaining their precious crops, they just want to give the dope man their money and start taking bong rips.

Schiada76
10-20-2005, 01:57 PM
You guys are idiots(meant in the most loving way).
Umm psych major huh? Would this be defined as passive aggressive?
You know, just for us idiots?
Funny EVERYONE I knew that grew weed got the same results as what I experienced. Maybe you or your friends are the idiots? :D
Azzhole :D
Oh looky! A smiley! That means I don't mean it!
Oh yeah almost forgot, the plant I was talking about was about 1/4 the size of the one that went into the compost heap. I must just have magic fingers. Can you see this one waving? :D

Boozer
10-20-2005, 02:03 PM
This is hilarious. Pot smokers trying to justify legalization sating"it's good for the government". First of all, let's be honest here. People who are in favor of legalization don't care about tax revenues. They want it legal SO THEY CAN GET STONED LEGALLY!!! Don't blow smoke up my ass and call it a prostate massage.
They can also justify it by saying that it's good for the economy and for people in general. When the feds stop trying to scrutinize potheads with their bs propaganda like showing TV ads where a kid shoots his friend with a gun, another runs a little girl over on a bike, and another showing how buying marijuana is funding terrorist cells the REAL facts can come out.
If marijuana really is so bad then why is it that the pharmacuectical industry is pumping billions into the research and development of marijuana derived drugs? Could that also be the reason that the Feds say marijuana is a no no? Afterall they dont want their precious pharmacuetical manufacturers going bankrupt when people start using marijuana to treat their headaches and any other woe they might have, instead of going to the doctor and being prescribed a bottle of pills that costs $250 and causes side effects like nausea, dhiarrea, loss of appetite, loss of sleep and millions of other things they will then need to go to the doctor to be treated for and once again prescribed another bottle of $250 pills to treat those side affects.
But aside from the medical benefits we should also look at other factors. Whens the last time you heard about guy going home, taking a few bong rips then beating the sh*t out of his gf? If and when this type of activity does occur alcohol or some other narcotic is a factor. When's the last time you went to a bar and seen two stoned guys get in a fist fight over a pool table? It DOESN'T happen because they are stoned and could give a rats ass.

lucky
10-20-2005, 02:11 PM
ok people ,
Mendicino county , get a phoney permit from a doctor ( $134 bucks ) get your # painted on a 4x8 piece of plywood - you are able to grow more pot then you could possiable smoke in one year ! label it medical marry jane !
Be a non working , non productive , ( more than likely - well fare recipient ) type person - bend the rules and sell outside of the "net work "
buy your new hummer , pay people to watch your garden , ... bla bla blal
5 years go by and the goverment pulls your taxes -- and aduits you ... where are you now ...
shit creek
I believe registering to grow will have it's repercutions , as it cost tax payers money right now , with no added tax flow -- feds can still confinscate your permitted mary jane -- county still fly's looking for illegal gardens - insurance company still having to pay on stolen pot ( home owners policy ) YES THIS IS TRUE !
more theft realated incidents in our county , less hippies, more trash !
young kids wanting to take the easy way out , and grow instead of working - who's going to contibute to social security , that is already in disrepair ! anit nothing going to change ..
So i say screw it -- TAX The SHIT OUT Of It -- give back to the working man - with more emergency service, police , paved streets, schools --
Pot is not a good thing for our younger geneations , it will corupt them - as it did me -- During my formitable years of school - I'd get high during spelling class ........ budump budump .... :D
tax it - and do somthing productive with the money !

Schiada76
10-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Boozer, I'm telling you, this shit was seedless,thick, sticky as hell (you had to wash the resin off your hand when you touched) bad ass one hit weed. It was fcking scary! I must just have one finely amended garden because out of three female plants two were huge and covered in buds. Just from sticking some seeds in the ground.
Maybe it's that So Cal sunshine?
Btw the guy that stuck the seeds in my garden grew these freaking monster plants that made the ones I'm talking about look like.............well, weeds. :D
Oh yeah buds aren't fluffy they're tight! :D

Creator
10-20-2005, 02:32 PM
You guys are idiots(meant in the most loving way).
Umm psych major huh? Would this be defined as passive aggressive?
You know, just for us idiots?
Funny EVERYONE I knew that grew weed got the same results as what I experienced. Maybe you or your friends are the idiots? :D
Azzhole :D
Oh looky! A smiley! That means I don't mean it!
Oh yeah almost forgot, the plant I was talking about was about 1/4 the size of the one that went into the compost heap. I must just have magic fingers. Can you see this one waving? :D
Once again making yourself look like an idiot by acting like one. So I guees in my previous post I should have specified that I was joking, NOPE, everone else figured it out but you....I see your finger and raise one.
No more time for you IDIOT....

Schiada76
10-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Once again making yourself look like an idiot by acting like one. So I guees in my previous post I should have specified that I was joking, NOPE, everone else figured it out but you....I see your finger and raise one.
No more time for you IDIOT....
But.......but I don't get it? I used the smiley face??? Does that only work if I go to kawledge and take syke kourses? :D
Look another smiley!
Looks like you lost the passive on your aggressive there perfesser! :D :D

Creator
10-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Looks like you lost the passive on your aggressive there perfesser! :D :D
Hi Pot, I'm Kettle!

Schiada76
10-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi Pot, I'm Kettle!
Hey what happened to your smiley?
You musta slept through your lecture on PA behavior 'cause there was no passive in my response. Don't brag about your advanced education if it didn't take.
BTW your post was CLASSIC PA.
Don't spout invective and expect no response, well unless you just talk to IDIOTS. :hammerhea :wink:

Creator
10-20-2005, 03:04 PM
:cry: Now not only are you a professional pot grower you're a doctor too. Yeah for you. :cry:
Did I brag? Hmmm. Nope just mentioned how and why I knew about growing. That's called Qualifing a statement not bragging.
CYA :D

Schiada76
10-20-2005, 03:19 PM
:cry: Now not only are you a professional pot grower you're a doctor too. Yeah for you. :cry:
Did I brag? Hmmm. Nope just mentioned how and why I knew about growing. That's called Qualifing a statement not bragging.
CYA :D
HMMMM gee I think you got me now. Bragging about taking pysche courses to qualify your pot growing expertise. Hmmmmmmm yeah, ok that makes sense now! Are you sure you don't smoke that chit? :D
Sorry I made you cry! :rollside:

79Challenger
10-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Well here's what I can tell you.
The marijuana market is like any other in the fact that supply and demand is key in being a successful grower and seller.
This weed you grew in your garden may have been some decent stuff. That is if you are a hippy and dont mind seedy stemmy buds. However todays pothead is as much a conisseur <sp> as an avid cigar smoker or wine drinker and will not smoke seedy stemmy buds anymore. The market for that type of marijuana is pretty limited to hippies and gang bangers.
Todays pothead smokes seedless weed. They like light fluffy buds that are coated in THC crystals. In order to successfully grow this type of marijuana a lot of research and work goes into it. This type of marijuana is not grown in vegetable gardens it is grown via hydroponics that require a LOT of upkeep. The PH balances must be rigorously monitored and maintained, the light cycles must be like clock work they can not even be off by a few minutes or the result could be detrimental to your harvest. A high yielding plant of this nature will produce (if you're lucky) a half pound of premium smoke after it has been properly clipped but in most cases 3-4 ounces. The equipment to support this type of grow operation by itself will run a person roughly 7-10K dollars and that is before factoring in the cost of electricity, chemicals, labor, and most of all a few bad harvests. This being the reason that good buds can sell for as much as $35-$40 a GRAM!
Now I dont know how much you know about potheads but they just want to get stoned. They don't want to invest 7-10K and countless hours maintaining their precious crops, they just want to give the dope man their money and start taking bong rips.
I have been a regular smoker for a number of years now. I have also tried my hand at cultivation on numerous occations. I must agree. Producing a truly fine final product is a tedious and expensive task indeed.
Throwing a handful of seeds into a garden will undoubtedly produce some sort of plant. In my experience this will be an undesirable, harsh, all around bad smoke. If one wishes to grow quality buds indoor is the key. An indoor garden will be complicated and costly to setup. It is more than just a light over a pot. From co2 injection to ozone production. It has become more of a science, than just dumb luck in the backyard.
Don't get me wrong. I have sampled some amazing backyard boogie, but it definitly was not what I would be willing to pay a tax on.

Schiada76
10-20-2005, 03:38 PM
I have been a regular smoker for a number of years now. I have also tried my hand at cultivation on numerous occations. I must agree. Producing a truly fine final product is a tedious and expensive task indeed.
Throwing a handful of seeds into a garden will undoubtedly produce some sort of plant. In my experience this will be an undesirable, harsh, all around bad smoke. If one wishes to grow quality buds indoor is the key. An indoor garden will be complicated and costly to setup. It is more than just a light over a pot. From co2 injection to ozone production. It has become more of a science, than just dumb luck in the backyard.
Don't get me wrong. I have sampled some amazing backyard boogie, but it definitly was not what I would be willing to pay a tax on.
So a bud, as long as your forearm, crystal covered to the point of being shiny, with a nice slight purple tint, that would stick to your hand when you let go of it is an undesireable, harsh, all around bad smoke? Well the straight up pot heads that I gave it to would beg to differ. The seeds were from a long time grower however. This was ten years ago and if the smoke you guys partake in is beter than that chit, it should be classified as a hard narcotic and the jail sentences ramped up for possession and sale. :jawdrop:

79Challenger
10-20-2005, 04:04 PM
So a bud, as long as your forearm, crystal covered to the point of being shiny, with a nice slight purple tint, that would stick to your hand when you let go of it is an undesireable, harsh, all around bad smoke? Well the straight up pot heads that I gave it to would beg to differ. The seeds were from a long time grower however. This was ten years ago and if the smoke you guys partake in is beter than that chit, it should be classified as a hard narcotic and the jail sentences ramped up for possession and sale. :jawdrop:\
I am not saying that what you had there was not a good product. Merely that in my experience outdoor grown isn't of the greatest quality. Seeds these days are usually aquired from a seed bank, with a costly pricetag. 10 seeds will run anywhere from $40 to $300. The smoke of these perfected strains contain up to 27% psycotropic substances. Though there was no experimentation done ten plus years ago to measure these levels, most professional cultivators will agree the strains have come a very long way. When I get together with the old timers that I know, they are all amazed. Not to mention they can never keep up. It is a good bet that marijuana in general, is alot stronger than that of previous decades.
As far a legalization goes. I don't care. I agree that there would be some diffuculty with regulation, taxing, and vehicle operations. If California ever has another measure on the ballot, I will surely vote in favor. Right now, I will continue to smoke, and cutivate when I feel the need, whether it is legal or not.

69cougar
10-21-2005, 10:20 AM
It may interest you to know that the government did a study on pot smokers.
One of the things that was revealed in this extensive study is the number one word used by pot smokers. And the word is "ear".
Puff, Puff , Hold-it ,Hold-it , "ere" :hammerhea

Old Texan
10-22-2005, 06:42 AM
I'm thinking that a lot of folks on this thread are having some flashback highs.
Hydroponic growing technique is the ticket for growing the good stuff. As mentioned, the science has progressed over the years to produce some excellent refined hybrids.
I would suggest a week in Amsterdam to truly understand pot sensibility and how it can work in the real world. It is really a very reasonably priced vacation and an interesting city and culture.
I don't smoke anymore except on a rare occasion with old friends perhaps, but pot use like anything else isn't detrimental unless taken to extremes. I just don't see our society getting to the point of acceptance. The chism between Libs and Conservatives seems to make any sensible decision making and debate difficult. Tobacco smoking is nearing extinction much less pot.
;) ;) ;) ;)

Her454
10-22-2005, 07:23 AM
I've been thinking alot about this thread. And I've been thinking alot about this thread too. I think that they should legalize it. Just because they should. Like, its cool to get loaded and theres nothing wrong with it. It doesnt effect you like people think. It doesnt effect you like people think and its safe. Theres nothing wrong with smoking pot and they should legalize it. Just because. I smoke it all the time and there is nothing wrong with me. I function just fine in society. I dont care about all the political bullshit, they should just legalize it. Just because.
And thats my 03.

Schiada76
10-22-2005, 07:40 AM
I've been thinking alot about this thread. And I've been thinking alot about this thread too. I think that they should legalize it. Just because they should. Like, its cool to get loaded and theres nothing wrong with it. It doesnt effect you like people think. It doesnt effect you like people think and its safe. Theres nothing wrong with smoking pot and they should legalize it. Just because. I smoke it all the time and there is nothing wrong with me. I function just fine in society. I dont care about all the political bullshit, they should just legalize it. Just because.
And thats my 03.
I really don't care if it's legalized or not but one thing I've noticed as I've I gotten older is all my friends( every single one of them ) that still smoke as they approach their fifties are wigging out big time. Don't know if there is a connection or not but that's my .01 cents. :D

lucky
10-22-2005, 08:46 AM
And thats my 03.
damit - another pm revealed

AZKC
10-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Puff Puff Give Bro :chi:

CA Stu
10-22-2005, 03:09 PM
There comes a time to put away childish things and become a man.
I can't take any adult seriously that still smokes pot, they're like some college kid that plays grown-up once in a while.
Grow up.
Getting stoned can make you miss a lot of life's pleasures and opportunities.
Thanks
CA Stu

79Challenger
10-24-2005, 07:40 AM
There comes a time to put away childish things and become a man.
I can't take any adult seriously that still smokes pot, they're like some college kid that plays grown-up once in a while.
Grow up.
Getting stoned can make you miss a lot of life's pleasures and opportunities.
Thanks
CA Stu
I don't know one adult that doesn't have some kind of vice. Whether it is smoking, drinking, gambling, pill popping, or even sex. We all have something that we rely on to help us cope with the everyday stesses of life. Some of us bury ourselves in work, while others rely on prozac or a drug of the like.
I do not feel that I have missed out on pleasures and opportinities in life. On the contrary, I attribute alot of my openess and vaunerability to people in my life, to marijuana. For myself, there was an understanding and acceptance that came when I smoked for the first time. This allowed me to take alot of gambles in my life that I would not of, had I not felt this way. I truly feel I am better for it. I realize these past few statements must read like typical stoner propoganda. I implore you, look into your own life and take an inventory of what is there that helps you along. You may be surprised.
Lastly, I ask you. Do you think it would be fair to say that you may be missing out on some of lifes pleasures and opportunities, simply by writting some people off as pretend adults and refusing to take them seriously?

wsuwrhr
10-24-2005, 08:26 AM
But aside from the medical benefits we should also look at other factors. Whens the last time you heard about guy going home, taking a few bong rips then beating the sh*t out of his gf? If and when this type of activity does occur alcohol or some other narcotic is a factor. When's the last time you went to a bar and seen two stoned guys get in a fist fight over a pool table? It DOESN'T happen because they are stoned and could give a rats ass.
Word.
Brian