PDA

View Full Version : Identity Theft

Wet Dream
12-31-2005, 09:32 AM
Here's the deal. My wife's sister married a real piece of shit. Technically, my brother and sister in law, but I can't recognize them as such. So, after 6 years of marriage and living with her parents, they finally moved out, to KANSAS. Bye bye. They have a history of taking things that aren't theirs and lieing about it. Money that the inlaws had saved up for my kids, other cash, things of value. So when they went to Kansas, they took her mom's credit card and maxed out $5000 on it. Mom didn't know until the bill came in. That was 2 months ago. Well, this last week, she get s a bill from Capitol One, for a new credit card, that was maxed out at $500. My wife's sister took mom's info, and filled out a credit app in her name, got the card and spent it all. Is this Identity Theft? Mom want to press charges, and personally I think its time they went down. I'm tired of their shit.

hoolign
12-31-2005, 09:34 AM
It's fraud! get em! :mad:

Mardonzi
12-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Fry em.... :220v:

77charger
12-31-2005, 09:42 AM
public hangings and executions hould be brought back.Hell i'd even be happy with pay per view

Wet Dream
12-31-2005, 09:42 AM
Ok, so maybe its more fraudulent than Identity theft. What will the credit card company do to them? If they just repay the money, is it forgotten? These two will try to screw you if they get the chance.

hoolign
12-31-2005, 09:46 AM
Ok, so maybe its more fraudulent than Identity theft. What will the credit card company do to them? If they just repay the money, is it forgotten? These two will try to screw you if they get the chance.
The credit card company will go after them for the cash! I;m going through this right now. Lost wallet and someone had around 2K racked up before I noticed it gone then reported it. Got the guy on camera and they are looking into it.

NorCal Gameshow
12-31-2005, 09:51 AM
The credit card company will go after them for the cash! I;m going through this right now. Lost wallet and someone had around 2K racked up before I noticed it gone then reported it. Got the guy on camera and they are looking into it.
Are they really interested in going after them? they'll just pass the cost on to honest peeps...

canuck1
12-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Lost....BS... you put the card on the table and said I'm buyin, no limits were laid out

hoolign
12-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Are they really interested in going after them? they'll just pass the cost on to honest peeps...
yes! WhenI spoke with them last, they said they will credit my card the amount that was charged up by the thief. And pursue it themselves.

hoolign
12-31-2005, 10:13 AM
Lost....BS... you put the card on the table and said I'm buyin, no limits were laid out
ever sees what happens to guys who try to pull out a cheque at a poker game...nevemind a credit card :rollside:

Tinkerer
01-01-2006, 02:16 PM
You want to know how I sign the back of my credit cards.
CHECK ID
Then if the store doesn't check for my ID they it is their loss.
Someone steals my card and ID it's not likely they will look anything like my mug.

my21advantage
01-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Forgery, Fraud, Identity Theft...take your pick
I have no sympathy for people like them

Old Texan
01-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Sounds like 1 count of theft and 1 of theft plus fraud. Press charges and hope they get hung out to dry. Card company will press charges and seek redemption.
I'd advise your mother getting a lawyer involved to protect her interests and credit. Don't leave your interests up to the card compny or LE.

wantacat
01-01-2006, 06:57 PM
It's Identity theft and account takeover. The credit companies will investigate the charges and take them off. Its sad, but always most common with family members than lets say, a stranger. Have her get a credit report from all three companies and look over to see if any other accounts were open with her ss#. The credit report is free as long as she states that she is a victim of Identity Theft. She will also need to file a police report and forward that to all 3 credit compaines as well (transusion,experian,equifax). To prevent this from happening in the future, tell her to add a fraud alert to her credit report. That way they will need to contact her and verify all information before any new accts are opened.

BADASS38CHEVY
01-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Sounds like a tweeker move to me.

IN2-IN2MX
01-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Oh, steal from your own mom! :crossx: WTF! How low can they be! :220v:

H20Advantage
01-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Have mom file an ID Theft report with the locals and have them forward it to the local PD in Kansas. Also contact the Postal Inspector and file a report since they applied for the credit card through the mail.
Make sure she has all the backup documents and personal info and address for the suspect(s).