PDA

View Full Version : flipping a V-Drive??

chasinTail
10-18-2005, 07:04 PM
hey, i know how to flip a jetboat but i dont know how you would flip a V-Drive.. my buddy has a flatty he wants to flip over and im lost as to how you would flip a V-Drive.. its a 1967 Belmont.. not a light boat.. any thoughts?
thanks
~George

YeLLowBoaT
10-18-2005, 07:19 PM
there are 2 ways I know of doing it...
1 get a bunch of friends and a case or 2 of beer.
2 buy 2 engine stands bolt then toegether with a long piece of steel. 1 to the front the other at the back taks alittle work to bolt them up but once done you can flip it as many times as you want.

GofastRacer
10-18-2005, 08:03 PM
hey, i know how to flip a jetboat but i dont know how you would flip a V-Drive.. my buddy has a flatty he wants to flip over and im lost as to how you would flip a V-Drive.. its a 1967 Belmont.. not a light boat.. any thoughts?
thanks
~George
Use whatever you have available to lift the boat high enough at both ends, on the back use the center drain hole and use a rope(truckers rope)with a piece of dowel or a socket extention inside, on the front use the same(type) rope on the bow eye but put the rope to one side of the beak now lift it up equally, have the wife hold the back corner and pull the trailer out, now lift it up high enough so it will roll over on it's own piece of cake!. If you don't have help I can tell ya how to do it by yourself, still easy!.. :)

spectras only
10-18-2005, 09:43 PM
you can flip these Nicson units . Extra fittings are on opposite sides to swap hoses , sight glass over.
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Champion%20Ace.jpg

chasinTail
10-18-2005, 11:33 PM
anyone have any pictures of themselfs doing any of these types of flips?

YeLLowBoaT
10-19-2005, 01:50 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62743

Carnivalride
10-19-2005, 03:45 AM
I used manpower both times. I layed 2 layers of carpet on the drive and we picked it up off the trailer, carried it back set one side down stood it up changed positions rolled it over, picked it up again and carried into the garage and set it on saw horses (they were located under the stringers).
Don't know if it was the best way but mine weighed about 700lbs and 8 of us did it before paint and 10 afterwards. Nobobody was hurt or strained either time.

Moneypitt
10-19-2005, 06:36 AM
Look in e tickets photo gallery............MP

QuickJet
10-19-2005, 08:51 PM
George, it's great seeing you posting on Hot Boat again. Of course we tend to talk more about boats and not who's bringing the Patato Salad to the next outing unlike some other boards (cough Banderlog, cough Jetboatsnmore cough ) :p