PDA

View Full Version : Cingular Sales Peeps

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Okay, I decided I am going with Cingular for my cell phone, I would rather give the business to someone here on the boards than a store, anyone want the business???????

Outnumbered
10-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Okay, I decided I am going with Cingular for my cell phone, I would rather give the business to someone here on the boards than a store, anyone want the business???????
Don't do it. Cingular has the absolute worst reception. Do a search on it. I just got rid of two Cingular phones for Verizon. Could not be happier. If you can't do Verizon, do Sprint. Cingular BLOWS!!!

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Don't do it. Cingular has the absolute worst reception. Do a search on it. I just got rid of two Cingular phones for Verizon. Could not be happier. If you can't do Verizon, do Sprint. Cingular BLOWS!!!
Thanks for the heads up. I will check out sprint. :notam:

NOTALENT
10-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I will check out sprint. :notam:
I got sprint...Have never had a reception problem in the last 2 years. Great customer service. Definatley worth a checking out.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-19-2005, 11:54 AM
We have Cingular and the reception sucks ass. :supp:

WaTchTheGelCoat
10-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Cingular was a really good company b4 the AT&T merge. However they now suck donkey balls.

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 12:07 PM
okay, anyone want some business? I don't mind sprint, seems a bit high, but might be worth the $$

Outnumbered
10-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Cingular was a really good company b4 the AT&T merge. However they now suck donkey balls.
You nailed it.....Donkey Balls LMFAO!!!

essexjet
10-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Your in Ontario, go with Verizon! I have nextel and they suck cant wait to switch to Verizon

topless
10-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Cingular was a really good company b4 the AT&T merge. However they now suck donkey balls.Donkey balls?????????????? :confused:

WaTchTheGelCoat
10-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Donkey balls?????????????? :confused:
Horse balls? LMAO

H20 Toie
10-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Remember nextel and sprint are the same and you saw how good my nextel worked at the river, oh wait you never did get through to me since i never did have service. :mad:

Boozer
10-19-2005, 12:56 PM
It is my understanding that the Nextel/Sprint merger occured because the US government is giving Nextel a limited amount of time to stop operating on the IDEN network. Here in the coming months all current Nextel subscribers will be required to switch their handsets over to CDMA handsets which is going to result in network traffic of ungodly proportions that can and most likely will cause a lot of problems with Sprint service. Also Sprints customer service is by far the absolute worst I have ever personally dealt with in my life. A good portion of their customer service is handled over seas.
I am unfamiliar with the quality of cingulars service in California now that they have switched over to AT&T's GSM network. I know that in the past AT&T's GSM network was definitely not the most reliable but had heard from several sources that during the AT&T aquisition the majority of the network issues were resolved and the network was operating at acceptable levels hence their reason for selling the entire California based Cingular network to T-Mobile. Based on what you guys are telling me that is not the case and I'm sorry to hear that because I think Cingular has some great product offerings.
Verizon is a great company in my opinion. Their network is rock solid and their coverage is second to none. Unfortunately their reliability does come at a cost and they are the second most expensive carrier with Nextel being the first. Unfortunately for Mrs Dreamer Verizon isnt a viable option as she is having legal problems with them.
Lastly there is T-Mobile. T-Mobile has made great strides to increase their coverage and network reliability. I used T-Mobile for over a year in California and had little to no issues with coverage my phone also worked amazing well in Havasu. So well that I was able to drunk dial at 1am on the waters of Lake Havasu and lose my blackberry :( While T-Mobile will not provide you with the coverage that Verizon offers they come in at a close second and do offer the most minutes for the money not to mention all but 1 of their plans do not have roaming charges anywhere in the US.
I've sold Qwest wireless, AT&T Wireless, Sprint Wireless, Verizon Wireless, and T-Mobile Wireless. Of all those companies the most customer satisfaction I have seen has been with Verizon and T-Mobile. Personally my loyalty has and will remain with T-Mobile.
But then again I've only spent 8 of my 9 working years in the wireless industry so what would I know??

mbrown2
10-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Remember nextel and sprint are the same and you saw how good my nextel worked at the river, oh wait you never did get through to me since i never did have service. :mad:
To add to that, if you boat on Parker Strip, Verigone, NextoHell, and Splint don't work for $hit, so Cingular is the only thing I use cause it works there.

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah... :rolleyes:

little rowe boat
10-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Cingular has the best reception of any service that I have ever had. By far.

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 01:35 PM
OOOOOOOOOO I sooo confused :messedup: :(

nextel4u
10-19-2005, 01:38 PM
I am in our Vegas office right now, 702-263-9393 or toll free 800-491-7121
We will hook you up with a great deal on Sprint or Nextel.
Ask for John or Christa

dicudmore
10-19-2005, 01:41 PM
ah he beat me to it...
msdrmr call John aka Nextel4U... He'll take care of you, and he's a boater :D

nextel4u
10-19-2005, 01:46 PM
We need to meet up soon on Lake Mead!

dicudmore
10-19-2005, 02:13 PM
We need to meet up soon on Lake Mead!
yeah I'll bring the new boat up there...better chance of keeping up with "the twins" :wink:

nextel4u
10-19-2005, 02:14 PM
How about the Cheetah, have you sold it yet?

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Hey Nextel, check your pm's

Outnumbered
10-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Here this will clear up the confusion. It pretty much confirms what most peeps are saying on here:
http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases/pressrelease.asp?ID=2005130

Caribbean Jet
10-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Don't go by this. Sprint and Nextel just merged and they are not even using the same technology yet. So if he was getting bad service it had nothing to do with Sprint. I've had sprint since they opened the doors and never had a major problem with anything. Sprint has great service and I have used my phone from Hawaii to Florida to the mountains and all over the desert and river. Don't get me wrong I have dropped calls and a few dead areas but I don't think anyone can claim no dropped calls or dead areas. Sprint would be a good choice.

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Don't go by this. Sprint and Nextel just merged and they are not even using the same technology yet. So if he was getting bad service it had nothing to do with Sprint. I've had sprint since they opened the doors and never had a major problem with anything. Sprint has great service and I have used my phone from Hawaii to Florida to the mountains and all over the desert and river. Don't get me wrong I have dropped calls and a few dead areas but I don't think anyone can claim no dropped calls or dead areas. Sprint would be a good choice.
Don't take offense, it's an inside joke. You would have had to be there to understand what he's talking about.....trust me (as I am part of the inside joke.....actually, I am the inside joke)

Boozer
10-19-2005, 02:35 PM
**Excerpt from the JD Power Article**
T-Mobile performs particularly well in the study, ranking highest in all six regions (including four ties), largely by demonstrating a competitive advantage in service plan options, cost of service and billing. Verizon Wireless also ranks highest in a tie in four regions: Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, North Central and West. The carrierÂ’s main strengths are in the call quality and brand image dimensions. U.S. Cellular is the only other provider to rank highest, tying with Verizon and T-Mobile in the North Central region.

Outnumbered
10-19-2005, 02:38 PM
**Excerpt from the JD Power Article**
T-Mobile performs particularly well in the study, ranking highest in all six regions (including four ties), largely by demonstrating a competitive advantage in service plan options, cost of service and billing. Verizon Wireless also ranks highest in a tie in four regions: Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, North Central and West. The carrierÂ’s main strengths are in the call quality and brand image dimensions. U.S. Cellular is the only other provider to rank highest, tying with Verizon and T-Mobile in the North Central region.
To me its a clear choice, T-mobile, since Verizon is not an option.

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 02:42 PM
it all comes down to "different strokes for different folks"

HotDogz
10-19-2005, 02:47 PM
If you live in NorCal, dont go with Sprint!!! The worst reception I ever had, always trying to roam when I am still in town. Horrible customer service, CHUMPS! never have received my rebate yet!! :mad:

Caribbean Jet
10-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Don't take offense, it's an inside joke. You would have had to be there to understand what he's talking about.....trust me (as I am part of the inside joke.....actually, I am the inside joke)
No worries, In understand being the joke...JK :)

dropt98chevy
10-19-2005, 03:19 PM
I have never really had a problem with Cingular except for their merge with AT&T which has created a lot of havoc. I want to witch to Nextel because a few of my friends have it but they don't have any plans that fit me that I can afford.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-19-2005, 03:19 PM
I am in our Vegas office right now, 702-263-9393 or toll free 800-491-7121
We will hook you up with a great deal on Sprint or Nextel.
Ask for John or Christa
Well....
I have 30 Nextel units in the field....
I have been with Nextel since it was called "Fleet Call".....
The service SUCKS......
I am looking to change to another service....
The "Direct Connect" sounds like shiat these days.....Sounds like both people are drunk......
The direct connect was the reason I got the service. These days the only use for the direct connect is to tell someone that your gonna call them....
Two Nextels side-by-side.....one works, the other has no service....
Nextel "I'm DONE"..... :mad:
CJG

clownpuncher
10-19-2005, 03:21 PM
My experience with cell phones is this...........No single provider is the best all around. For instance, our cell phones we use in the desert are Sprint. Great service and performance, but, it doesn't work for us at all at the river house. We had to get a separate Cingular phone to use at the river. We just call forward our Sprint phones to the Cingular when going to the river. Cingular is hands down the best phone for the Water Wheel - Aha Quin - Big River area.
Nextel is worthless in the Parker area and other services are spotty at best.
Havasu seems to be pretty cell phone friendly.
As said earlier, Sprint is a good service.
Good luck
Roland

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 03:22 PM
No worries, In understand being the joke...JK :)
so you feel my pain huh...it's tough :D

lalhc
10-19-2005, 04:08 PM
I work for Sprint (Legacy Nextel employee) and now that the merger is completed, Nextel users WILL NOT be migrated over to Sprint CDMA. The Nextel (iDEN) network will continue to operate through the year 2010. Not until Sprint upgrades it's CDMA network to its 4G technology (approx 2007 or 2008) that you'll see Nextel users pursuaded to migrate over to Sprints CDMA network.
Consumers have the choice to purchase Sprint CDMA or Nextel iDEN. Both operate off completely separate networks.

mbrown2
10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
I am looking to change to another service....
The "Direct Connect" sounds like shiat these days.....Sounds like both people are drunk......
The direct connect was the reason I got the service. CJG
I know Cingular has just lauched their Push-To-Talk service....if you are interested, PM your Email Address, I am will have the Push-To-Talk Rep contact you...