PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to rebuild my pump

NavalOfficer
10-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Looking for someone to rebuild my pump. As stated before, new to jets, what little I know is in v-drives. The plan for the boat is an all around fast ski boat that I run hard once in a while. Finally sold my last boat (ended being shipped to Australia!)
-18Â’ Belmont, small v-bottom, lifting strakes, full length stringers, similar to Nordic I believe.
-1969 Ford 460, mild performance, 10.5 compression, cam/roller rockers, 750 carb, rpm performer intake.
-Berkeley JG jet, I was recommended to get an A2 impellor. (open to advice)
Anyone interested or any advice, I’ve already boxed up the pump and am ready to ship. Looking for the full meal deal on mine. Standard overhaul including impellor/wear ring – including labor. If possible, not to shop in overload with a big backlog. Want it back in a reasonable time.
Thanks and respect.
Frank

BUSBY
10-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Okay Frank ... you've given all of he bascis other than where you're located. Being a Naval Officer, should I guess San Diego area (if you're in Calif.)?
It's best to find someone who is local to you, for questions, etc. There are a lot of great pump builders out there ... just want to guide you in the right direction.
Brian

BUSBY
10-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Okay did some more homework ... Lemoore, correct?
Well ... I would have to say that a lot of the more experienced pump builders are located in Southern California, but it appears that you have already been in touch with one ... Jim Brock of Cyclone Speed & Marine. I know Jim well and if you have already established a realtionship with him, you can rest assured that he is a very good pump builder. He has many records held by his drag boat (mod jet, right Jim?) ... you can reach him at 818-890-1867.
Good luck ... (there are others out there, Duane @ HTP, Neil at San Diego Performance Marine, Jack McClure @ MPD, Tom Papp @ TPR, Greg Shoemaker @ GS Marine, etc. etc. etc. they're all good, you just need to find the person you "click" with ... )
Brian

sdba069
10-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Let's not forget, Performance Marine, Kopperl, Tx.

NavalOfficer
10-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Thank you very much. That's all I needed! Can't seem to find anyone local in the Fresno area to just drop it off (and save shipping), so will email and ship!
thanks again and respect!
Frank

NELSON#109
10-19-2005, 06:48 PM
There Is, Or Was A Good Jet Guy In Fresno About 10 Years Ago I Think... Not Sure If He's Still There, But You Should Be Able To Find Him In The Yellow Pages. Name Was Somthing Real Origional Like Fresno Performance Marine... He Did A Jet For Me A Long Time Ago, And It Turned Out Good.

tahitijet
10-19-2005, 07:11 PM
There Is, Or Was A Good Jet Guy In Fresno About 10 Years Ago I Think... Not Sure If He's Still There, But You Should Be Able To Find Him In The Yellow Pages. Name Was Somthing Real Origional Like Fresno Performance Marine... He Did A Jet For Me A Long Time Ago, And It Turned Out Good.
He is still here. However it is probably cheaper to ship your pump from lemoore to costa mesa or wherever then it is to make the drive out to his place.. He is way out on 41 just short of the millerton turn off. I'm sure he does good work his shop is always full (usually with v-drives) but he is not much of a people person unless your racer.

BUSBY
10-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Let's not forget, Performance Marine, Kopperl, Tx.
Sorry Gary ... just typed a few off of the top of my head ...
Naval ... Gary's just as qualified as all of the others mentioned ...

Squirtin Thunder
10-20-2005, 11:02 AM
What about JR Performance Marine ???
I hear they give Hot Boat discounts !!!

kachina_labala
10-20-2005, 11:52 AM
MPD
Marine performance (http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/)
has doen lots of pumps and is well respected.

Jet Hydro
10-20-2005, 12:14 PM
I use www.Hi-TechPerformance.com for mine :D

sdba069
10-20-2005, 04:21 PM
I did a pump about 10 years ago and I took pictures and kept notes so I am qualified. BTW, thanks Busby.

keithmenard
10-20-2005, 04:44 PM
noticing no one on that list from the north east :)

BUSBY
10-20-2005, 05:16 PM
I did a pump about 10 years ago and I took pictures and kept notes
:D :D :D ...

Caribbean Jet
10-20-2005, 05:53 PM
GS Marine in Corona did a good job for me.

76elimspecial
10-20-2005, 06:17 PM
B&d Marine In El Monte Is Great For Pump Rebuilds. Brian Knows His Stuff And Has Been Doin It For A Long Time. He Did My Pump And The Thing Pulls Out Of The Hole Awesome. Great For Puilling Up A Skier. (626) 443-3721

Cheyenne372
10-21-2005, 04:16 AM
BUSBY: that would be GARRY...with 2-R's! (It's an Old School thing!)
2-R's:
Now that's sayin' something to be "...just AS qualified AS all of the others...." You should know that the only ones that know anything about fast boats are those guys on the Left Coast!

MikeF
10-21-2005, 05:18 AM
You should know that the only ones that know anything about fast boats are those guys on the Left Coast!
And the closer you get to the coast, the better it gets. :D
Choose mpd (http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/).

TRG
10-21-2005, 05:50 AM
And the closer you get to the coast, the better it gets. :D
Choose mpd (http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/).
Or you could go with Tom Papp Racing "The home of the fast guys!" 951-734-4606! :crossx:
would you have expected anything else from me Mike???lol
Todd

riverbound
10-21-2005, 05:55 AM
GS Marine in Corona did a good job for me.
Greg did mine too......he also handles all the maintainence on my Spectra. I have been dealing with him for a couple years now and he has always done right.
GS Marine= 951-272-6060

MikeF
10-21-2005, 05:56 AM
Still.....mpd is home of the QUICK and FAST guys! :D

TRG
10-21-2005, 06:07 AM
RRRRIGHT! :rolleyes:

MikeF
10-21-2005, 06:20 AM
In my best Stripes/Bill Murray voice.
AND THAT'S A FACT...JACK! :D

MikeF
10-21-2005, 06:28 AM
You need to do a little maintenance to your INBOX! :)

TRG
10-21-2005, 06:44 AM
Just did!...JACK! :D

Cs19
10-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Still.....mpd is home of the QUICK and FAST guys! :D
:boxingguy :D
I hate this debate everytime, but Im a fan of MPD's work.
there is my .02
Chris

Squirtin Thunder
10-21-2005, 11:46 AM
there is my .02
Chris
MPD does great work on Performance set-ups !!! There impellers are second to none.

TRG
10-21-2005, 03:08 PM
there is my .02
Chris
Mike just does not like anyone to soil his Masters/leaders name in any fashion!
Although, i must say, he is in bed with MPD/DNE pretty deep though!
Come up for air mike at some point in time, you might get a clear head!(surly not a discount though!) Touche' :lightsabe LOL :cry:

BigBlockOldsJet
10-21-2005, 03:54 PM
What about Jetpump Dynamics (Walt's Hot Boat) in Modesto, that is close to Fresno.
Jetpump Dynamics (http://www.netfeed.com/~waltshbs/)

MikeF
10-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Come up for air mike at some point in time, you might get a clear head!(surly not a discount though!) Touche' :lightsabe LOL :cry:
Man, I know you know what I know, I'm just letting the ones who don't know, know what I know. :mix:
If you can use it, then you'll know what I know....and probably like it.
He takes care of his own reputation by the end result of his work. All's I know is that it's good and the history shows the same.
It all costs $. I like to believe that I'm being as wise with it as possible.
I know you're just messin w/ me (just as I'm messin w/ you :cool: ).
God is in the details.
:D

TRG
10-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Man, I know you know what I know, I'm just letting the ones who don't know, know what I know. :mix:
If you can use it, then you'll know what I know....and probably like it.
He takes care of his own reputation by the end result of his work. All's I know is that it's good and the history shows the same.
It all costs $. I like to believe that I'm being as wise with it as possible.
I know you're just messin w/ me (just as I'm messin w/ you :cool: ).
God is in the details.
:D
LOL!!!!!!

TRG
10-21-2005, 05:48 PM
I must not have seen what you posted there jimbo??? care to re-post???

Squirtin Thunder
10-21-2005, 06:07 PM
I will just let this go for now.

Squirtin Thunder
10-21-2005, 06:08 PM
I must not have seen what you posted there jimbo??? care to re-post???
Not right now !!! I need to stay calm and cool !!!

ChetCapoli
10-21-2005, 06:15 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to read this 3 times to make sure it wasnt a misprint!!!!!!!!!! Are you guys feeling ok? Guess what i stated all these years does come around in some sort of way...... i gotta go read this again to make sure. :jawdrop: Besides if the thread wasnt on top i would've missed it. This place is good for an occasional joke once in a while thats for sure!
CHET
P.S. hey thunder you take a class in promotion or something? "authorized"??? WTF is that? Gettin a little thick i must say!

TRG
10-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Not right now !!! I need to stay calm and cool !!!
Come on now pal,...you've never been one to stay calm in a heated little debate, now have ya, gimme a little of what you edited earlier???we're all friends here,...well most of us anyway! lol
Todd

TRG
10-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Sniff Sniff!! does anyone smell that awful stank???
Its a rare amell but it still stinks, any idea of what it is?? :D

Squirtin Thunder
10-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Come on now pal,...you've never been one to stay calm in a heated little debate, now have ya, gimme a little of what you edited earlier???we're all friends here,...well most of us anyway! lol
Todd
Stop stirring the pot Todd. I don't see an edited post of mine in this thread !!!

Cs19
10-21-2005, 08:11 PM
I think Todd needs a little air myself.

TRG
10-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Ya ive been in this house for the better part of a wek and a half!
should be a bit mellower this weekend!
BTW, chris i have a little somethin for ya!
Todd

Squirtin Thunder
10-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Ya ive been in this house for the better part of a wek and a half!
should be a bit mellower this weekend!
BTW, chris i have a little somethin for ya!
Todd
Eawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Yucky !!!