PDA

View Full Version : Any Blue Rhinos Left?????????

Dusty Times
10-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Are there any blue Rhinos left?
I can't remember who was getting orders together recently. I gotta have one. I just finally got the ok from the wife but she is still unhappy about all the other toys that just sit in the garage :hammerhea

TOBTEK
10-20-2005, 05:43 AM
I was up at ALBA a few days ago and they had a few BLUE ltd editions there available. BUT I have to tell ya, I wouldnt do a LTD ED. The arent worth the extra money. The ONLY thing worth while is the blue plastic. The wheels and tires dont have the off set you NEED. They dont have a sport steering like stated on the website. ID do a reg green one, get it painted the way YOU want, Get a set of REAL wheels and tires.....and you'll be in it the same amount of money. IF you do call ALBA PLEASE ask for my buddy Geoffrey Walters @ 858-486-4380 ALBA YAMAHA.......either way GOOD LUCK, Toby

orange picker
10-20-2005, 08:01 AM
I was up at ALBA a few days ago and they had a few BLUE ltd editions there available. BUT I have to tell ya, I wouldnt do a LTD ED. The arent worth the extra money. The ONLY thing worth while is the blue plastic. The wheels and tires dont have the off set you NEED. They dont have a sport steering like stated on the website. ID do a reg green one, get it painted the way YOU want, Get a set of REAL wheels and tires.....and you'll be in it the same amount of money. IF you do call ALBA PLEASE ask for my buddy Geoffrey Walters @ 858-486-4380 ALBA YAMAHA.......either way GOOD LUCK, Toby
Tobtek I am trying to figgure out which rims and tires to get for my Rihno I was looking at the ITP 14" rims with 27" Tires is this the way to go?

TOBTEK
10-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Tobtek I am trying to figgure out which rims and tires to get for my Rihno I was looking at the ITP 14" rims with 27" Tires is this the way to go?
I had those on the first one I built, which is now RiverRoyal's ride. "IF" you add a rear cage and seats they will rub the black fender skirts....SO you will need to have them trimmed back a few inches. ALSO someone said that the larger tires and wheels REALLY hurt the performance out in the dunes. I havent had our new one out there yet, so I cant speak from experence. Heres a pic of the new set-up I have on the newest build....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135BEADLOCK_WHEELS.jpg
bought the 12" polished ITP's and had them sent out to OMF for the beadlocks. Tires are the ITP 589's 26" tall on the 12" wheel. I have heard that if you air way down, its easy to roll a tire off the wheel, because of the heavy weight of the vehicle, hense the beadlocks. Here is a pic of the 14" set-up thats pretty popular right now.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/13514_inch_rhino_wheels.jpg
On my paddles Im having built, im gonna do 25" tall tires...hopefully keeping the OEM gear ratios for better duning.....HAVE to spank WetWillie and RiverRoyal :D

orange picker
10-20-2005, 10:06 AM
I had those on the first one I built, which is now RiverRoyal's ride. "IF" you add a rear cage and seats they will rub the black fender skirts....SO you will need to have them trimmed back a few inches. ALSO someone said that the larger tires and wheels REALLY hurt the performance out in the dunes. I havent had our new one out there yet, so I cant speak from experence. Heres a pic of the new set-up I have on the newest build....
bought the 12" polished ITP's and had them sent out to OMF for the beadlocks. Tires are the ITP 589's 26" tall on the 12" wheel. I have heard that if you air way down, its easy to roll a tire off the wheel, because of the heavy weight of the vehicle, hense the beadlocks. Here is a pic of the 14" set-up thats pretty popular right now.
On my paddles Im having built, im gonna do 25" tall tires...hopefully keeping the OEM gear ratios for better duning.....HAVE to spank WetWillie and RiverRoyal :D
Thanks this is very helpfull is their a certant offset that is good I would like to get them out a little further?

Dusty Times
10-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the info
The only one that I have found would be green or the camo edition wich is the same price as the limited (don't know why) I was told if you are going to paint you should by the camo because the paint sticks to the rough texture better. All I know is that I need to pick one before they are all gone.

TOBTEK
10-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the info
The only one that I have found would be green or the camo edition wich is the same price as the limited (don't know why) I was told if you are going to paint you should by the camo because the paint sticks to the rough texture better. All I know is that I need to pick one before they are all gone.
Thats TOTAL B/S about the painting over camo! The camo's are more money and MORE difficult to paint then the std green units.....DONT DO IT! Here are a few links off Ebay. You want to either contact my buddy at ALBA YAMAHA in Poway (GEOFFREY WALTERS 858-487-4380 ) or someone like David Glassman at Tousley in MN. There IS NOT a shortage of Rhino's!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Yamaha-Rhino-SE-Steel-Blue-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6725QQitemZ45826412 99QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-06-BLUE-LIMITED-EDITION-YAMAHA-RHINO-RINO-4X4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6725QQitemZ45838645 16QQrdZ1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-YAMAHA-RHINO-660-4X4-BRAND-NEW-GREEN_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6725QQitemZ458333 2258QQrdZ1
just a few examples.....also search on the online ATV trader, they are everywhere! you may have to ship it out from back east, buts it NOT a big deal at all. Just make sure you buy form an AUTHORIZED YAMAHA DEALER. GOOD LUCK....Toby

Bella
10-21-2005, 12:16 PM
I have a blue "special" Edition in Phoenix. $10,700 OTD just PM me.

RAW DEAL
10-22-2005, 07:04 AM
P.M. sent. i called alba asked for geoffrey walters, told him toby said to ask for himl......... $13,500.00 o.t.d. ouch. with freinds like that who needs enemys?

riverroyal
10-22-2005, 10:53 AM
get you into this one for 20k ;) http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2371rhino_oldsmobile.JPG

andy01
10-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Hey tob,
What have you done to your new. I don't care about rear seat or cage. I am talking wheels/tires, seats in the front, suspention? I won't have mine for a couple of months.
Andy

TOBTEK
10-22-2005, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=andy01]Hey tob,
What have you done to your new. I don't care about rear seat or cage. I am talking wheels/tires, seats in the front, suspention? I won't have mine for a couple of months.
Andy[/QUOTE
YOU FOUND THE ITCH AGAIN :) ....COOL, GLAMIS WILL BE FUN THIS YEAR. WE WILL HAVE TO DO A BIG H/B RHINO GET TOGETHER SOON. I did a set of ELKA shocks, no longer A-arms or axles. A little paint, rear seats/cage. a little powder coating on the cage, bumper and some other pieces, Digital dash, steering wheel, Black Rhino CDI box. wheels/tires, Dropped it off at WIRED FOR SOUND for a few weeks worth of stereo and fiberglass mod's... Just the basic's :)

Burley1
10-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Toby,
Who's red one is that in the little picture? I have a red one being built as we speak, just waiting for back seats.
Rick

TOBTEK
10-22-2005, 09:08 PM
dont know. Was a picture the wheel retailer was using when I was looking on RiverRoyal's build.

andy01
10-23-2005, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE=andy01]Hey tob,
Andy[/QUOTE
YOU FOUND THE ITCH AGAIN :) ....COOL, GLAMIS WILL BE FUN THIS YEAR. WE WILL HAVE TO DO A BIG H/B RHINO GET TOGETHER SOON. I did a set of ELKA shocks, no longer A-arms or axles. A little paint, rear seats/cage. a little powder coating on the cage, bumper and some other pieces, Digital dash, steering wheel, Black Rhino CDI box. wheels/tires, Dropped it off at WIRED FOR SOUND for a few weeks worth of stereo and fiberglass mod's... Just the basic's :)
Sounds like a little more then I will do. I will do the samething I did to Deanos. Wheels/Tires all Alum. Skid plates and this time I will do the digi dash. I may paint this one, not sure yet. Would like to paint it red to match everything else, but was thinking of match painting to my boat. Then when I throw it up on the back of my toter and hook the boat up it would just look SICK! Im getting ready to buy a bigger flat bed so I can get my baja, new bikes and Rhino to the desert.
Andy

andy01
10-23-2005, 07:14 AM
Toby,
Who's red one is that in the little picture? I have a red one being built as we speak, just waiting for back seats.
Rick
I NEED PICTURES! I don't want to copy it but I really want to see one all done in red! I am on my eleventh truck in red, red is my color!
Does anybody know how durable the paint is? My green on e had a couple of scratchs in the plastic so I was afrad to paint it. I will use mine for desert not so much sand.
Andy

riverliver
10-23-2005, 04:59 PM
What is the best bang for your buck on getting more top end on a Rhino ?
:idea:

Dusty Times
10-23-2005, 11:03 PM
I also posted in the Sandbar wondering what everyone thinks of the Arctic Cat Prowler?

riverliver
10-24-2005, 07:16 AM
P.M. sent. i called alba asked for geoffrey walters, told him toby said to ask for himl......... $13,500.00 o.t.d. ouch. with freinds like that who needs enemys?
I did the same thing...$13,500 dose he think we are stupid.. LA Yamaha has them for $10,999 OTD.... I got mine for 10,800 OTD and got a 4yr warrnty for $399 at Chapparal.

WetWillie
10-24-2005, 08:07 AM
I went there looking for quads for the kids. Quoted me $3300 out the door.
said they dont make squat on them. I asked them how they paid for this big building. :rolleyes: I Left and called around. I got the same two quads for $5k out the door at another dealer.. :yuk:

riverroyal
10-24-2005, 09:04 AM
alba and north county yamaha dont move much on prices,amazing with those huge places,what are looking for anyways?I have a small connection depending on the quads

TOBTEK
10-24-2005, 09:26 AM
WOW......... sorry for the referal :redface: they have allways treated me GREAT! I didnt pay ANYWHERE near the above quoted prices.....MAYBE ya just have to kick some tires untill you wear down the management. That way they BLOW OUT the unit to get rid of your butt...... ;) :D

riverroyal
10-24-2005, 09:31 AM
what are you doing awake so early??we still going next friday?,,wifey needs to make work schedule.

riverroyal
10-24-2005, 09:33 AM
one more thing,they dont move much on kids quad prices because there is much room to move on them,so Ive heard.Plus they sell easy,Ask Charity case,she works at a polaris delership i think,get the real prices

riverliver
10-24-2005, 11:37 AM
WOW......... sorry for the referal :redface: they have allways treated me GREAT! I didnt pay ANYWHERE near the above quoted prices.....MAYBE ya just have to kick some tires untill you wear down the management. That way they BLOW OUT the unit to get rid of your butt...... ;) :D
They must want to make there money back for selling you one so cheap :wink:
I even told the guy I could go and get one for $10,999 OTD and would like to give him the chance to match it, he said no ! :(