PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern Republican

steelcomp
10-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Are you a Democrat, Republican or Southern
Republican?
The answer can be found by posing the following question:
You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children.
Suddenly, an Islamic Terrorist with a huge knife comes around the
corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, praises Allah, raises the
knife, and charges at you. You are carrying a Glock cal .40, and you are an
expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.
What do you do?
Democrat's Answer:
Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the Glock have appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus .....
Republican's Answer:
BANG!
Southern Republican's Answer:
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG! click.....
(sounds of reloading).
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG! click
Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?
Son: Git-r-Dun Pop! Can I shoot the next one!
Wife: You ain't taking that to the Taxidermist!

steelcomp
10-20-2005, 04:47 PM
He was...I just got tired of writing "bang"...:D

Steve 1
10-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Good One !!!

Jeanyus
10-20-2005, 05:02 PM
I guess I qualify as a republican. I am more likely to conserve ammo, and avoid colateral damage from ricocheting bullets.

steelcomp
10-20-2005, 05:08 PM
You need to learn good gun control...like hitting what you aim at. Aim center mass. (for me, that's the head) :burningm: There ought to be gun control laws that stipulate everyone who wishes to own a gun must be able to hold a required group size at a given distance. :lightsabe
Ammo's cheap. Even for a .40. :D

1978 Rogers
10-21-2005, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't even have to think about. BANG.

riverfamily
10-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Oh yea Im sending that to all my friends!

Jeanyus
10-21-2005, 05:14 PM
You need to learn good gun control...like hitting what you aim at. Aim center mass. (for me, that's the head) :burningm: There ought to be gun control laws that stipulate everyone who wishes to own a gun must be able to hold a required group size at a given distance. :lightsabe
Ammo's cheap. Even for a .40. :D
I was thinking about the bullets that go all the way through the terrorist. The thought of missing never occered to me :wink: :wink:
The reason I would conserve ammo is, where there is 1 Islamic Terrorist , theres bound to be another.

steelcomp
10-21-2005, 06:30 PM
I was thinking about the bullets that go all the way through the terrorist. The thought of missing never occered to me :wink: :wink:
The reason I would conserve ammo is, where there is 1 Islamic Terrorist , theres bound to be another.
As always with you, Ron, good point!!! :D

Forkin' Crazy
10-21-2005, 09:44 PM
LOL! That's an old one! :D
BTW, if you have some good rounds, you line their heads up in a row and shoot through the bunch!! ;)

SmokinLowriderSS
10-22-2005, 04:28 PM
A good hollow-point, delivered at proper velocity, will only penetrate aprox 7 inches of terrorist (the head shots go plumb thru because that's like hitting an empty cookie jar), and even the most devout non-bacon-craving terrorist durring the Ramadan fast is usually more than 7" thick. Seldom a problem of shoot-thru's, unless the wrong ammo is used (non-expanding, wound-em-only, liberal ammo.
Boom, boom, ..... boom. (I prefer .45acp, the hollow points make a freight train-like whistle when inbound (or so I hear) :wink: Failure drill in case of body-armor: 2 to the chest, 1 to the head.
Yankee Republican. :cool:

Forkin' Crazy
10-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Have you shot a .50 ACP? You talk about bad ass!!! :eat:
I want one, but might settle for a .40. :)

Red Horse
10-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Yall forgot one. The Texas Republican would also take the rifle/shotgun out of the truck and warm the barrel of that one as well!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :boxed: :rollside: :cool:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Have heard of the .50 ACP but have never seen one. Have seen a few of the "50-Magnums" (.50 Action Express or .50AE). That sucker is a handfull that not many can handle without flinching.

Boy Named Sue
10-23-2005, 02:05 PM
When I saw a thread by Steelcomp I thought it would be gay but this was incredibly entertaining, yet socially accurate. Thanks for the cool thread you degenerate hillbilly!

steelcomp
10-23-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm just awash with humility oh great Sue! :D

steelcomp
10-23-2005, 09:47 PM
A good hollow-point, delivered at proper velocity, will only penetrate aprox 7 inches of terrorist (the head shots go plumb thru because that's like hitting an empty cookie jar), and even the most devout non-bacon-craving terrorist durring the Ramadan fast is usually more than 7" thick. Seldom a problem of shoot-thru's, unless the wrong ammo is used (non-expanding, wound-em-only, liberal ammo.
Boom, boom, ..... boom. (I prefer .45acp, the hollow points make a freight train-like whistle when inbound (or so I hear) :wink: Failure drill in case of body-armor: 2 to the chest, 1 to the head.
Yankee Republican. :cool:
Hollowpoint through the cranium hasn't got much left to do any damage if it does make it through. Besides, there's nothing more satisfying than a good head shot. I totally agree on the .45, though. As much as I like the .40, the .45 is still my favorite.
Here's a few pieces of my anti terrorist hardware. The .45 is loaded with 185g Winchester Silvertips. The 586 is loaded with 145g Winchester Silvertips, and if you make it into my bedroom un-invited, you're liable to meet the COP...also loaded with the 357 Mag. 145g Silvertips. :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1729pistolas2.JPG

SmokinLowriderSS
10-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Definitely good equipment for "permenant attitude correction". :crossx:

Forkin' Crazy
10-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Well I just carry my puney 9mm with me. Got some nasty looking 115grain hollow points. Did I mention that I have 60 rounds in clips in my console? :2purples:
That Desert Eagle .50 is one bad MFer!!!
Still thinking .40 though. I can't remember who, but some one makes a staggered clip .40 that holds 15 rounds. Same co. makes a .45 in a staggered clip configuration that hold 13 rounds.
:crossx:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Para-ordinance make a double-stack 45 that holds 15 rounds (14+1 in the pipe, ONLY way to carry). :supp: The 14-45 LDA. The LDA's even have what is reputed to be the best trigger pull next to a genuine single-action 1911A1 (the king of crisp releases). I'd love to try one someday.
I just keep plenty of single-stack mags arround and know it won't take 10+ rounds to get a perp's attention, no matter WHAT "chemical modification program" he/she is on. :D 1 or 2 will do. :jawdrop:
As much as I dislike 9mm Parabellum, it is a capable round as long as it is loaded with Hi-velocity Hollow-points. The 115 grainers are a good call IMO.
I've handloaded both these rounds a fair ammount, some .357 mag and .38 special as well, the .45 a lot more tho.

steelcomp
10-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Colonel Colt designed the 1911 for one reason, and one reson only. To knock a man off his feet, and stop him in his tracks. Job done. :skull:

rrrr
10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Colonel Colt designed the 1911 for one reason, and one reson only. To knock a man off his feet, and stop him in his tracks. Job done. :skull:
It's true that great designs endure forever...... :skull: :crossx:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-25-2005, 05:37 PM
The building of it was done by Mr Colt, but the design had nothing to do with him. The entire design belongs to 1 man, a certifiable genious in firearms design. Mr John Moses Browning. Also creator of the 2 finest machine guns the US Army ever used (the 30-06 cal. water cooled M1917 and the M-2 (Ma-Deuce) .50 BMG), the venerable BAR which served from 1917 through Korea. The entire idea of a slide containing a barrell and locking mechanisms is a Browning orriginal.
His long history of designing firearms for Winchester include the Winchester Model 1886 Lever Action Repeating Rifle, Model 1887 Lever Action Repeating Shotgun, Model 1897 Pump Action Shotgun, Model 1894 Lever Action Repeating Rifle, Model 1895 Lever Action Repeating Rifle and others. Winchester also in 1883 purchased the rights to manufacture his first rifle ever designed and produced, a breech loading single-shot which was also his first patent in 1879.
His was the first repeating shotgun, the Browning A-5 made by FN of Belgium after Winchester refused to produce it. Remington also licensed it as the Model 11 ( I am priviledged to have 1 or each). The relationship with FN continues to this day as the BAR hunting rifle has always been made there as well as the 9mm Browning High Power, the sidearm of the Brittish Military for many decades.
John Moses Browning passed away in Liege, Belgium, the day after Thanksgiving, 1926. He died of heart failure while in his son Val's office at the FN factory. It was the last day on earth for this ingenious person who invented more firearms than any other gunmaker in the history of the world.
The 1911 was designed (as spec'd by the Army) to duplicate the effectiveness of the .45 colt round's effectiveness against intoxicated, machete-weilding, Morro Headhunters in the Phillippeens (sp.) who had killed quite a few .38 special armed marines but then died shortly after of 6 wounds recieved & blood loss. The .45 colt was a hammer that put them down and saved any soldier who could get one sent to him. The army basically spec'd a .45 with similar specs to the .45 colt, and Browning wanted to make an autoloader. Enter the model 1909, which included a hammerless version. A few minor refinements and the weapon was adopted as the M-1911 in 1911. The orriginal 6,000 round non-stop reliability test was passed FLAWLESSLY. Not a single malfunction or stoppage. When the gun got too hot to hold durring the test, it was dunked in a bucket of water, shaken out, loaded, and firing continued. That's 857+ magazine-fulls.

steelcomp
10-25-2005, 07:06 PM
The building of it was done by Mr Colt, but the design had nothing to do with him. The entire design belongs to 1 man, a certifiable genious in firearms design. Mr John Moses Browning. Also creator of the 2 finest machine guns the US Army ever used (the 30-06 cal. water cooled M1917 and the M-2 (Ma-Deuce) .50 BMG), the venerable BAR which served from 1917 through Korea. The entire idea of a slide containing a barrell and locking mechanisms is a Browning orriginal.
His long history of designing firearms for Winchester include the Winchester Model 1886 Lever Action Repeating Rifle, Model 1887 Lever Action Repeating Shotgun, Model 1897 Pump Action Shotgun, Model 1894 Lever Action Repeating Rifle, Model 1895 Lever Action Repeating Rifle and others. Winchester also in 1883 purchased the rights to manufacture his first rifle ever designed and produced, a breech loading single-shot which was also his first patent in 1879.
His was the first repeating shotgun, the Browning A-5 made by FN of Belgium after Winchester refused to produce it. Remington also licensed it as the Model 11 ( I am priviledged to have 1 or each). The relationship with FN continues to this day as the BAR hunting rifle has always been made there as well as the 9mm Browning High Power, the sidearm of the Brittish Military for many decades.
John Moses Browning passed away in Liege, Belgium, the day after Thanksgiving, 1926. He died of heart failure while in his son Val's office at the FN factory. It was the last day on earth for this ingenious person who invented more firearms than any other gunmaker in the history of the world.
The 1911 was designed (as spec'd by the Army) to duplicate the effectiveness of the .45 colt round's effectiveness against intoxicated, machete-weilding, Morro Headhunters in the Phillippeens (sp.) who had killed quite a few .38 special armed marines but then died shortly after of 6 wounds recieved & blood loss. The .45 colt was a hammer that put them down and saved any soldier who could get one sent to him. The army basically spec'd a .45 with similar specs to the .45 colt, and Browning wanted to make an autoloader. Enter the model 1909, which included a hammerless version. A few minor refinements and the weapon was adopted as the M-1911 in 1911. The orriginal 6,000 round non-stop reliability test was passed FLAWLESSLY. Not a single malfunction or stoppage. When the gun got too hot to hold durring the test, it was dunked in a bucket of water, shaken out, loaded, and firing continued. That's 857+ magazine-fulls.
You're right, the 1911 was John Browning's design. I used Colt's name 'cause that's what most people relate it to. Great post!! BTW...it's Philippines. :D

SmokinLowriderSS
10-26-2005, 04:46 PM
I nevr cud spel worth a durn, specally $2 werds like that thar un. :D

steelcomp
10-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I nevr cud spel worth a durn, specally $2 werds like that thar un. :D
LOL!!!
I just uze spell chek. :notam: :D

FuelInMyVeins82
10-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Funny shit I love it

rrrr
10-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Huh, didn't know that about Browning. My dad has a Belgian made Browning 9mm with a side-by-side 14 round clip, bought it in 1969 and it was old then.
Prolly a classic.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-27-2005, 06:08 PM
Mr Browning is sorta an idol of mine. :cool:
I'm priviledged to have (all made by Fabrique Nationalle of Belgum) an A-5, a Broadway trap gun, a BAR in .308 Winchester, and an Auto .22. Dad bought quality when he bought back in the late 60's. I also have a Llama IXA clone of a 1911A1, it's as reliable as the orriginal and more acurate than I am. If it fits in the magazine, it goes in the pipe. If it makes it in the pipe, it goes bang.
A few notable firsts:
J.M.'s first rifle was built by him at age 14, for his brother.
His first autoloading shotgun was introduced in 1900 and remained in production for 99 years. (I still feel the world is now a lesser place without the A-5) It is also the fastest moving action of any autoloading shotgun from firing to closed in battery and ready again. Remington license-built a copy (the model 11) from 1905 to 1949.
The BAR of civilian nature with 7 locking lugs was the first autoloading rifle ever with a strong-enough locking setup to be made available in the belted magnum cartridges (7mm Remington Magnum, .300 Winchester Magnum, .338 Winchester magnum) It was introduced to the world in 1967 (so was I).
Unfortunately, I believe COLT will be dissapear within the next 7 to 10 years. They are in financial trouble, competetors are making BETTER 1911's quality-wise, AND for less $$$ (Kimber is killing them here), competetors are making better quality AR-15's (what a piece of aluminum and plastic trash with a horrid gas system design, Eugene Stoner's one poor design), and selling them for equal or less, F.N. AGAIN has the contract for US Mil long-weapons (M-16's and machine guns), for a truly solid, forever reliable, and hell-strong revolver, you don't buy a Colt, you buy a Sturm Ruger (single OR double action) and (the number 1 reason Colt is a gonner) Colt is banking it's futire on, and spending every spare dime on research into "Smart-Guns" and "Smart-Gun" technology to make it work right, each and every time, perfectly, without a single error or mistake (which would close the company from lawsuits). I don't forsee a trustable technology for at MINIMUM 10 years, I don't see it widely marketable for 20. I will be among the last to trust it.
I want a dumb firearm that works 100% of the time, every time I pick it up, not one that I have to hope recognizes me, wrong-handed, bloody, muddy, wet, dirty, wearing gloves, more than an arm's reach from my waist, that my wife (or children) can use if I am unable to, if I forgot to wear a "magic ring", my pager-activator, etc, etc, etc.
Anyone notice the "Colt Light Rifle" of the late '90's?
It was made By Sako (good quality, do you want a 5 pound 7mm or .300 magnum!!!!!!)
Ever notice 1 shipment is all there was?
Know why?
They wanted paid after the first shipment before they'd ship the 2nd. The 2nd never shipped that I know of.