PDA

View Full Version : So I went shopping for my birthday.....

andy01
10-19-2005, 09:20 PM
2005 14' ToterHome by Haulmark
2005 M2 freightliner
9,000 miles
I believe it has a 40,000 pound towing cap.
I looked at buying a toy hauler, didn't fit me. I looked at buying a nice class A Diesel pusher, it didn't fit me. I looked at buying a new Class C with the 5500 cab and a garage in the rear, it didn't fit me. I went and looked at new one of these and it just fit me and my needs perfect. Plus I have wanted a Freightliner for a while so now I get the best of everything that I wanted and Christina gets what she wanted out of a motorhome.
I put the deal together over the phone on Tue. night. We flew out on Friday am where the seller picked me and Christina up at the airport. We went back to his house and did the deal. (why any of us live in Cal. I don't know) Hung out Friday night, then got up on Saturday and went to Covington County. Covington is where they filmed the orignal Dukes of Hazzard tv show. I am fan, so I went and checked it out. I must say it was cool to make a small vacation out of it and see some cool stuff.
The toter will give me a place to sleep in the desert and something I can make a few more Havasu trips with my boat next year. I put off building a new boat and bought this...........
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/168Ga_4-4.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/168Ga_7-7.jpg
Inside
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/168Ga_10-10.jpg
Old owners wife.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/168Ga_2-2.jpg
When I get the pictures off of my camara I will put up a couple more.
Andy

djunkie
10-19-2005, 09:24 PM
Nice choice. Thats a great setup for a couple people.

riverliver
10-20-2005, 04:49 AM
Glad to see you made it home safe .

TOBTEK
10-20-2005, 05:37 AM
VERY NICE....Mr BIG BALLER :D

Mrs Luvnlife
10-20-2005, 05:38 AM
Nice choice and very nice! We use the heck outta ours and love it! Kinda the same deal here, the Totorhome just fit my husbands style, plus they look kinda nice pullin the boat ;) . We have 2 small kids and it has really served it's purpose. Have fun, you'll love it....oh, and Happy Birthday.

mbrown2
10-20-2005, 07:31 AM
Nice rig Andy...enjoy.

Dave C
10-20-2005, 07:47 AM
thats what I am talking about!!! that thing is sick!!... you scored!
I assume that the one behind it is more of the same (looks more my speed ;))
So thats got 40,000 lbs or so of towing capacity! hhhmmmmm.... that will come in handy when you get a bigger boat!!!
I imagine that thing cost more than your usual RV! :wink:

Jordy
10-20-2005, 07:57 AM
Nice. Now you're going to need a bigger boat to justify that. I'm sure you know that though. :D

hack job
10-20-2005, 08:18 AM
nice ! hope you enjoy it.

ADDICTED
10-20-2005, 08:35 AM
You did it! right on. Looks awesome!! :D

Jbb
10-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Where is the rebel flag?.....You never called.the bbq must have gotten to you... :p

Charley
10-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Killa!

alfonzo
10-20-2005, 07:42 PM
You are the man, that thing is the shizznitt!

tcook33
10-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Just curious if you don't mind. How much for the packge?

unleashed
10-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Very Nice Andy...that should be good for some desert fun!
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Phat Matt
10-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Wouldn't it be hard to launch with that? Especially with short ramps where you can't get straight before you back down? That thing is bad ass though. Congrats. My b-day is in February. I'll remind you when it gets closer. ;)

dicudmore
10-20-2005, 09:57 PM
congrats Andy...bitchin' :D

BIGAMIST
10-20-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm lookin to buy one of these.....could you send me a PM with a price?

andy01
10-21-2005, 07:03 AM
VERY NICE....Mr BIG BALLER :D
That's Jr.Baller.........
PSSSS I put my name on the list for another Rhino....

andy01
10-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Nice choice and very nice! We use the heck outta ours and love it! Kinda the same deal here, the Totorhome just fit my husbands style, plus they look kinda nice pullin the boat ;) . We have 2 small kids and it has really served it's purpose. Have fun, you'll love it....oh, and Happy Birthday.
What size is yours? 14' 16'? It looks nice in your avatar!

andy01
10-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Nice. Now you're going to need a bigger boat to justify that. I'm sure you know that though. :D
That was the first thing Herman told me when I showed it to him last week. I think a 39' MTI 3/4 Canopy laid over on it side would look pretty nice behind it. The only thing that keeps me from buying one is that I am $500,000 short.

andy01
10-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Where is the rebel flag?.....You never called.the bbq must have gotten to you... :p
You said you were to busy with work? I would have cruised up, especialy if you had offered a ride in that Daytona!

andy01
10-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Just curious if you don't mind. How much for the packge?
I'm lookin to buy one of these.....could you send me a PM with a price?
They tend to be near the mid to upper 100,000's depending on options and so forth, on a brand new one. Then lower to mid 100,000's on a pre-owned depending on options mileage and so on. You can find some pretty good deals on 2000's and a year or newer or older.
Andy

andy01
10-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Very Nice Andy...that should be good for some desert fun!
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:
You told me I needed a motor home......

Jordy
10-21-2005, 07:17 AM
That was the first thing Herman told me when I showed it to him last week. I think a 39' MTI 3/4 Canopy laid over on it side would look pretty nice behind it. The only thing that keeps me from buying one is that I am $500,000 short.
I know the feeling. The boat bitch keeps telling me I need the new GMC crew-cab 6500 (like Magic34 has) but I keep explaining that the 30' will look kind of silly behind it, so he says I need a bigger boat then. Where does it stop??? :D :D :D

BADBLOWN572
10-21-2005, 08:02 AM
IWhere does it stop??? :D :D :D
One of two ways....
1) With your own private island in the caribean with a 35+ cat with twin blower motors (or turbines ;) ) sitting on one side of the dock and on the other a 42' outerlimits. Both sitting on hydro hoists. Slightly anchored off shore is the 80' yacht. :)
2) With every last cent of your bank account going to more speed and more power. :)
I think that I fall into category #2. :(

UnionJack
10-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Andy that thing is Sick

Jordy
10-21-2005, 08:22 AM
I think that I fall into category #2. :(
I like #1, but I'm just a few mil short. :( :( :(
Guess I'll just stick with #2 for a while. Damn Powerball numbers... :notam: :D

Jbb
10-21-2005, 08:28 AM
You said you were to busy with work? I would have cruised up, especialy if you had offered a ride in that Daytona!
I said I was workin Sat & Sun....I am off on Friday....I would have picked you up at the Airport......maybe next time...glad you had fun....AND .... Covington....... (http://www.city-data.com/city/Covington-Georgia.html) ...Is a town.....In Newton County...... :D

Windy
10-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Plenty of room to take me with you crazies...sweet. :D

bohica
10-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Nice rig, congrats.
My buddy is selling this rig if anyone is looking. Great combo, room for all the toys
More details here:
Renegade (http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=56043)
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/652renegade1-med.JPG

Magic34
10-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Damn you Andy, I just got pimped over.
Congrats, that thing is nice!

Mrs Luvnlife
10-21-2005, 02:44 PM
What size is yours? 14' 16'? It looks nice in your avatar!
Ours is a 16' box. I like the cutout area in the cab where the bed is. I'm assuming that's so you can walk right into the cab area without having to duck down like we do in ours...it's a pain sometimes.

welk2party
10-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Do you have to stop in the scales with a set up like this?

Mrs Luvnlife
10-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Do you have to stop in the scales with a set up like this?
Nada for ours, it's insured as a motorhome (not a commercial vehicle) and just a class C license.....which is definitely a plus not having to stop at the scales :mix: .

THOR
10-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Totally f'n sweet Andy.

KROOZIN
10-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Andy, congrats on the new rig, and happy B-day.
How long of a trailer can you pull with that bad boy? :coffeycup :cool:

missboatnam1
10-22-2005, 09:40 AM
so what now a second level parking lot in your backyard, or are you cutting loose with the forklift and a dog to make room!

riverroyal
10-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Nice rig, congrats.
My buddy is selling this rig if anyone is looking. Great combo, room for all the toys
More details here:
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/652renegade1-med.JPG
I need this,Im not sure why,I just do

andy01
10-22-2005, 12:02 PM
I said I was workin Sat & Sun....I am off on Friday....I would have picked you up at the Airport......maybe next time...glad you had fun....AND .... Covington....... (http://www.city-data.com/city/Covington-Georgia.html) ...Is a town.....In Newton County...... :D
Sorry it didn't work out, next time. I will be back there again sum time in the future I am sure. If not for anything else you know the wifes parent are around the corner. We will hook up next time, this was a short trip...... well sorta.
Andy

andy01
10-22-2005, 12:03 PM
Plenty of room to take me with you crazies...sweet. :D
Yeah, it should be a good winter and next summer!
Andy

andy01
10-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Nice rig, congrats.
More details here:
What does he want for the trailer?
That's a very nice package and a great way to go! All motorhome with a trailer. Or better yet buy the true toter that is 42' with a garage in the back, then you have no trailer to pull around. That is also on a chassis bigger then mine. Mine is the M2 that is a Columbia, about 8 inchs taller and has a bigger cat. Sweet that is forsure!
Andy

andy01
10-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Ours is a 16' box. I like the cutout area in the cab where the bed is. I'm assuming that's so you can walk right into the cab area without having to duck down like we do in ours...it's a pain sometimes.
Yes you can walk right into the cab. I left it in one day and hit my head, I move it now!
BTW do you guys run "Not For Hire" On your doors? I was told that will save you hassle from CHP later since they want that or a CA number for comercial on the door.
Andy

andy01
10-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Andy, congrats on the new rig, and happy B-day.
How long of a trailer can you pull with that bad boy? :coffeycup :cool:
You can put a 44' goose neck style trailer on it, a lot of guys run two level race car trailer/cal hauler trailers on the back. I looked at one with the trailer on the back. (it was just a demo) the trailer was just as nice in side. Most expensive trailer I was ever in. 109K. But if you did you a goose neck for your next boat you could tow it no problem. Or is your trailer now?
Andy

andy01
10-22-2005, 12:12 PM
so what now a second level parking lot in your backyard, or are you cutting loose with the forklift and a dog to make room!
I was going to make your new back yard my "over flow" parking. Is that okay? I can start bringing some stuff over tonight if you like.......
Andy

rock hard
10-22-2005, 03:09 PM
great coach! we have been very happy with ours. It's a 41 ft showhauler with a c-15 cat that puts out 550hp and tops out at more then 120mph when my wife lets me. We wanted the garage in the rear and the bed so we mounted a hydrolic bed that lowers from the roof when there are no bikes in the back. It is registered as a motorhome and we tow a 45ft trailer behind it.I don't know what the law is as far a length and hope not to find out.

RiverDave
10-22-2005, 03:13 PM
In the words of a friend of mine..
"Jesus!" :D
Nice catch Andy! ;)
RD

Mrs Luvnlife
10-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Yes you can walk right into the cab. I left it in one day and hit my head, I move it now!
BTW do you guys run "Not For Hire" On your doors? I was told that will save you hassle from CHP later since they want that or a CA number for comercial on the door.
Andy
Very nice, that's high priority on my list for next time, having the ability to bypass the 'ducking' into the cab :messedup: .
Yepper, ours says 'Private Use, Not For Hire'. We've had ours just over 3 years and we've never been hassled.

welk2party
10-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Nada for ours, it's insured as a motorhome (not a commercial vehicle) and just a class C license.....which is definitely a plus not having to stop at the scales :mix: .
Thanks! I have been wanting to know that forever. I was trying to think if I have ever seen these rigs in the scales and could not recall. I like these way better than regular motorhomes. Probably have to worry about total length for those with big boats and or long trailers I would imagine. Nice rigs guys.

andy01
10-23-2005, 07:15 AM
In the words of a friend of mine..
"Jesus!" :D
Nice catch Andy! ;)
RD
Thanks Dave, I thought you might like it.......

andy01
10-23-2005, 07:16 AM
Yepper, ours says 'Private Use, Not For Hire'. We've had ours just over 3 years and we've never been hassled.
Would you post a picture of where you have? Thanks!
Andy

andy01
10-23-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks! I have been wanting to know that forever. I was trying to think if I have ever seen these rigs in the scales and could not recall. I like these way better than regular motorhomes. Probably have to worry about total length for those with big boats and or long trailers I would imagine. Nice rigs guys.
Yes you do have to worry about the lenght to some degree. Even with a motorhome. For me after driving a regular motorhome then driving this, it will be a long time before I will buy a motorhome. If you don't buy a diesel pusher then most class A motorhomes will only pull 3,500 - 5,000 pounds LEGELY. People over load them all the time, but they are responsable for that. They could loose they're insurance policy if they "neglect" to follow the safty rating of the motorhome. I went this route because it is fun to drive and I can pull what ever I want behind it. Now I am told that Ca. is 65 feet front to back. I have been told that nobody gets hassled for it. There are guys at 80 front to back and know when to leave and return with out getting hasseled. I wouldn't want any of that mess. I went for a ride in a truck with a 40' trailer and it was like 70 something feet, HUGE making turns getting on the freeway. You looked in the mirrors and you thought "where the hell does this end".
This thing is a lot of fun to own and drive.
Andy

Mrs Luvnlife
10-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Would you post a picture of where you have? Thanks!
Andy
Here ya go....I've seen it on the doors of the cab too, I suppose it's just personal preference of where you want it.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1112DSC01878.JPG
Kinda funny, I can hear your excitement when I read your posts.....very cool ;) !!

andy01
10-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Here ya go....I've seen it on the doors of the cab too, I suppose it's just personal preference of where you want it.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1112DSC01878.JPG
Kinda funny, I can hear your excitement when I read your posts.....very cool ;) !!
Thank you!
LOL that's funny! Your post is so true!!!!
I see you guys have tie down hooks on the back, can I get a picture of those too....... please..... :shift:
Today is "cut the eves off of the house day" so I can stick it in front of my boat.
Andy

Mrs Luvnlife
10-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Thank you!
LOL that's funny! Your post is so true!!!!
I see you guys have tie down hooks on the back, can I get a picture of those too....... please..... :shift:
Today is "cut the eves off of the house day" so I can stick it in front of my boat.
Andy
Hey, not a problem.
LOL :cry: , we thought we were going to have to cut our eves also, we didn't and it's a tight squeeze :eek: .
Here's a couple pics of the tie down hooks, please overlook the fact that our rig is dirty & dull :sqeyes: from being outside
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1112DSC01879.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1112DSC01880.JPG
If you're interested in these I can have the hubby get the information on them.

andy01
10-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Hey, not a problem.
LOL :cry: , we thought we were going to have to cut our eves also, we didn't and it's a tight squeeze :eek: .
Here's a couple pics of the tie down hooks, please overlook the fact that our rig is dirty & dull :sqeyes: from being outside
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1112DSC01879.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1112DSC01880.JPG
If you're interested in these I can have the hubby get the information on them.
Your AWESOME! Thank you! I don't know what I am doing for tie downs, I need to lay it out and figure out what I am going to need for my stuff. The eves are off and the toter fits. It touchs my trailer and is four inchs from the gate and about four inchs from the cut off eves. It's tight, but it's in my back yard! Now I need to find somebody to make a cover for it. If you need a detailer let me know. A friend of mine is a truck driver and knows of some operation (160 employees) that do mobile Semi washing and waxing. I guess they are not the cheapests but are the best. I figure I will have them come out once a year and do a full detail/wax job on it. The rest of the time I will just wash it and cover it.
Andy

missboatnam1
10-25-2005, 11:24 AM
call carson trailer in corona they have all these tricked out aluminum tie downs.all different types most flush mounted.forget the name bling x or something like that really cool stuff.even have quad and motorcycle holders that are flush mounted and pop up and look really cool.also gas can holders and cabinets, shit big ballers like your self buy!no pep boy stuff!

andy01
10-25-2005, 12:33 PM
call carson trailer in corona they have all these tricked out aluminum tie downs.all different types most flush mounted.forget the name bling x or something like that really cool stuff.even have quad and motorcycle holders that are flush mounted and pop up and look really cool.also gas can holders and cabinets, shit big ballers like your self buy!no pep boy stuff!
Thanks Skinny! They must know you by first name with all of the shit you buy! Can you get me a discount? Either from all the shit you buy or your senior discount? If not I can use Fockers senior discount...........
Thanks for the lead man.
Andy

missboatnam1
10-25-2005, 01:24 PM
if your looking for the best discount go with focker because as old as his ass is the discount has to be good.

missboatnam1
10-25-2005, 01:29 PM
i think it is blingstar.com

andy01
10-25-2005, 01:41 PM
i think it is blingstar.com
Thanks man! You working today/tonight? Or you off?
Andy

andy01
10-25-2005, 01:41 PM
if your looking for the best discount go with focker because as old as his ass is the discount has to be good.
LOL ha ha ha!
Andy

riverliver
10-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Bunch of funny focker's :hammerhea
You guy's are to big of baller's for me ! If I had your money I would throw mine away :eek:
:eat:

Magic34
10-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Your AWESOME! Thank you! I don't know what I am doing for tie downs, I need to lay it out and figure out what I am going to need for my stuff. The eves are off and the toter fits. It touchs my trailer and is four inchs from the gate and about four inchs from the cut off eves. It's tight, but it's in my back yard! Now I need to find somebody to make a cover for it. If you need a detailer let me know. A friend of mine is a truck driver and knows of some operation (160 employees) that do mobile Semi washing and waxing. I guess they are not the cheapests but are the best. I figure I will have them come out once a year and do a full detail/wax job on it. The rest of the time I will just wash it and cover it.
Andy
I'll take a picture of what they did to the back of my truck. Tie downs are in the floor and they did the spray in bedliner on the surface of the bed. I actually like the way it has worked so far.

WetWillie
10-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Big Baller!
I'll take a picture of what they did to the back of my truck. Tie downs are in the floor and they did the spray in bedliner on the surface of the bed. I actually like the way it has worked so far.

andy01
10-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks! I need all the ideas I can get. Did you ever get your truck match painted to the boat?
Andy

Magic34
10-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks! I need all the ideas I can get. Did you ever get your truck match painted to the boat?
Andy
No, just waiting until I have some time where not using it. This thing is my daily driver :D although, I don't drive much.

Magic34
10-25-2005, 04:24 PM
Big Baller!
I'm sorry, I cant hear you $30k Rhino Man.

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry, I cant hear you $30k Rhino Man.
gonna be 31k,just a bit more :D

Mrs Luvnlife
10-26-2005, 06:12 AM
Andy
Glad to hear everything worked out and it fits, may be tight, but all that matters is it fits on the side ;) .
Thanks for the detailer info, we may need that. We had the back deck and side boxes all polished last year and unfortunately, due to the elements...in no time it was back the way it looks today! Soooo, when you know where you're getting your cover made, shoot me the information if ya don't mind, I think we may be interested in a cover.
Our tie down hooks ain't pretty by any means, but they are mega weight rated, we put our cart up there and didn't ever want a mishap :messedup: . Good luck with everything and I know you'll enjoy the hell outta it. Post up a picture when you hook the toter up to your boat, I'd love to see it :rollside: !

andy01
10-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Glad to hear everything worked out and it fits, may be tight, but all that matters is it fits on the side ;) .
Thanks for the detailer info, we may need that. We had the back deck and side boxes all polished last year and unfortunately, due to the elements...in no time it was back the way it looks today! Soooo, when you know where you're getting your cover made, shoot me the information if ya don't mind, I think we may be interested in a cover.
Our tie down hooks ain't pretty by any means, but they are mega weight rated, we put our cart up there and didn't ever want a mishap :messedup: . Good luck with everything and I know you'll enjoy the hell outta it. Post up a picture when you hook the toter up to your boat, I'd love to see it :rollside: !
If you need the detail info. or any other service stuff let me know. My buddy has all of the contacts. I will keep you posted on the cover and let you know when I get it done!
I will have to do some strong tie downs myself. I will be putting dirt bikes up there when I am not towing my trailer and possibly a Rhino when I tow the boat. That should be fun to get up there.
I will have my boat out this weekend, so I am hoping to hook it up. If for nothing else just to get a pic. I will post it when I get one.
Do you guys use yours for the desert also or just the river?
Andy

Mrs Luvnlife
10-26-2005, 01:11 PM
If you need the detail info. or any other service stuff let me know. My buddy has all of the contacts. I will keep you posted on the cover and let you know when I get it done!
I will have to do some strong tie downs myself. I will be putting dirt bikes up there when I am not towing my trailer and possibly a Rhino when I tow the boat. That should be fun to get up there.
I will have my boat out this weekend, so I am hoping to hook it up. If for nothing else just to get a pic. I will post it when I get one.
Do you guys use yours for the desert also or just the river?
Andy
Ya, why don't ya give me the detailer information, we'd like to get it cleaned up after the winter rains for sure - thanks! You can PM it if ya need to, whatever works.
Yep, we take it out to the desert for winter fun too :) .

riverliver
10-26-2005, 05:22 PM
I think you have had it long enough :rollside: Time to sell it and move on to something eles FOCKER....
Did you get cut on today ? :cry:

Windy
10-26-2005, 05:33 PM
I think you have had it long enough :rollside: Time to sell it and move on to something eles FOCKER....
LMAO.... :p

andy01
10-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Ya, why don't ya give me the detailer information, we'd like to get it cleaned up after the winter rains for sure - thanks! You can PM it if ya need to, whatever works.
Yep, we take it out to the desert for winter fun too :) .
I'll fire over a PM tomorrow.
Andy

andy01
10-26-2005, 08:30 PM
It's funny you say that..... FOCKER, no I haven't had that long yet. Gezz....
Yes Surgery went well today, I am a bit sore. 3 inchs by 1 by a half deep. So yes it was a "small cut" as the doctor stated.
Andy

andy01
10-26-2005, 08:31 PM
LMAO.... :p
Don't encourage that focker........ :D

andy01
10-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Oh speaking of moving on....... if you talk to Mike and Teresa before I do ask them if I can park in there driveway one night. I might be going to the Haulmark factory in AZ to pick a 24' enclosed. :rollside:
PSSSSS your falling behind focker......... Tech 8's :cry: