PDA

View Full Version : 21 Daytona Questions

DCBDaytona
10-20-2005, 08:34 AM
I recently purchased a 1998 Eliminator 21 Daytona rigged by DCB. It has a 98 300 ProMax offset with a jackplate. It's spinning a labbed 26P 4 blade bravo drilled out. Does anybody know anyone with a similar boat? I need information on props/prop height. The old owner says the bravo ran great, and I've driven it and must say I like this prop. Has anybody ran a 4 blade 28P Mazco chopper? I think the boat will run 90 with the bravo, which is plenty fast, so I'm more concerned about the outboard height on the jackplate. It's set up conservatively right now, for skiing/watersports. Very, very low in the water and in comparison to the center sponson. I'd like to raise it up for this weekend in Havasu to see what she'll do. If anybody has any info, please let me know.
Kevin

DCBDaytona
10-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the info. Problem is that mine does not have a hydraulic jackplate, so I'd have to move it up/down when not in the water.

Screaming Pete
10-20-2005, 09:26 AM
I would change the lower end oil asap a check for any water in the gearcase also,sometime in havasu it is better to run your rig a little conservative with the chop, save running for top end numbers for safe envier ments and good luck
pete

DCBDaytona
10-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Screaming Pete- Already checked the lower end oil, I'm good to go. You are correct about Havasu! I've noticed that Fridays are optimum this time a year, as nobody is up there yet. As for Saturday, well they are not too bad right now. During the summer, NO WAY. The 21 will stay on the trailer and I'll bum a ride off my buds.

hoffman
10-20-2005, 01:19 PM
That offset on your eliminator is my old one off my 2005 liberator. It got put on that boat when I took it of mine to rerigg for twins. Eric Simon did installed it. That offset is a good offset you can adjust it in the water. Its called a Slidemaster. Loosen the 4 side bolts then in the middle you just spin the big bolt to raise or lower the motor. Very easy and simple.

HavasuBarney
10-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Raise the motor up for all conditions.
Set it back as much as you can, mine is going to 22 inches this year.
Run it like you stole it in all conditions.
:)

DCBDaytona
10-20-2005, 01:36 PM
That offset on your eliminator is my old one off my 2005 liberator. It got put on that boat when I took it of mine to rerigg for twins. Eric Simon did installed it. That offset is a good offset you can adjust it in the water. Its called a Slidemaster. Loosen the 4 side bolts then in the middle you just spin the big bolt to raise or lower the motor. Very easy and simple.
Ah, so you must have been the guy with the twins on a Liberator that Mike was talking about.

hoffman
10-20-2005, 06:12 PM
ya thats me. still waiting for my 15" offshore mids though. Hopefully this winter everything will be complete and ready for some high speed runs. good luck with your new boat. Mike went with us to havasu with that boat. It looks and runs good.

westcoastliberator
10-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Whats up guys.... HOFFMAN your going out with me this weekend even if your boat isn't working. I dont care what you say your going. and tell pops hes going to...you can bum a ride off me... I'll show you how to drive a Liberator properly...
any ways for DCBDAYTONA take good care of my former boat..and i will bring that 28p mazco re and we could change it at the sand bar. and well also change the height too.. I'll bring all the tools don't worry.. I am going to change mine as well when were out there.
But you pretty much want your nose cone to be about even or down 1 inch from the bottom sponson. and right now it is way down. But I wakeboarded behind that thing so it was way down..
But i'll see you at havasu...
and havasu barney can you please bring that beautiful LIBERATOR out for one of the last havasu trips...