PDA

View Full Version : Recall on 2004 Ford F150

MsDrmr
10-20-2005, 12:33 PM
I heard this morning that there was a recall on the 2004 Ford F150 for the cruise control function. I will schedueling an appt to take mine in, anyone else that has one may want to look out for the recall and get your truck in. :notam:

Newcastle
10-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks...haven't heard anything about it yet

slowinhavasu
10-20-2005, 12:44 PM
According to the one my daghter got on her 97 F-150, you go in and they disconnect it untill they get some new ones in. So untill they make some good ones you go without cruise controll.
Oh yea, don't park it in the garage, the faulty item causes it to catch on fire !!!

Newcastle
10-20-2005, 12:47 PM
According to the one my daghter got on her 97 F-150, you go in and they disconnect it untill they get some new ones in. So untill they make some good ones you go without cruise controll.
Oh yea, don't park it in the garage, the faulty item causes it to catch on fire !!!
Gee, great news thanks!

MsDrmr
10-20-2005, 12:48 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS????? thats where I park mine as I live in a condo. Crap, thats great news, thanks for the "heads-up"

djunkie
10-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Wow I thought it was just the 99's and 2000's. Get it fixed asap!!!!! Don't want this to happen to you.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1768House_Fire_003_Medium_.jpg

76ANTHONY
10-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Wow I thought it was just the 99's and 2000's. Get it fixed asap!!!!! Don't want this to happen to you.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1768House_Fire_003_Medium_.jpg
yeah theres no recall on monkey chars here buddy :crossx:

djunkie
10-20-2005, 12:56 PM
yeah theres no recall on monkey chars here buddy :crossx:
Thats ok. I'd rather pay for the monkey instead of what it's costing to fix my garage and replace what was lost.

76ANTHONY
10-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Thats ok. I'd rather pay for the monkey instead of what it's costing to fix my garage and replace what was lost.
TRUE VERY TRUE

DUSTINU
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Good to know... My girlfriends moms ball joints just broke off 10,000 miles on it. The front passenger tire and brake assembly folded under and she slid into 3 parked cars... luckily she wasn't hurt too bad and know one else was. I don't think this is a recall, just a defect! This would be a prime place for a Ford comment, but I will stick with "no comment"

djunkie
10-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Good to know... My girlfriends moms ball joints just broke off 10,000 miles on it. The front passenger tire and brake assembly folded under and she slid into 3 parked cars... luckily she wasn't hurt too bad and know one else was. I don't think this is a recall, just a defect! This would be a prime place for a Ford comment, but I will stick with "no comment"
Go ahead. I'll coment on Fords. "I will NEVER buy another new Ford again" :D

MsDrmr
10-20-2005, 01:20 PM
It was the mr.'s first choice, I like the dodge persoanlly. I will get it taken in as soon as I can. Apparently, the mr got the notice a while ago so this is the first I have heard of ti.

UtlGoa
10-20-2005, 02:14 PM
You can disconnect the cruise control sensor yourself. The sensor is up near the master cylinder. It took me about 10 seconds to disconnect. It's the same thing the dealer is going to do when you take it in.

Brian Ray
10-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Fords = Turds..... :rollside: Will never buy another....my turd is on it's third engine. :frown:

luvmyboat
10-20-2005, 04:00 PM
It was the mr.'s first choice, I like the dodge persoanlly. I will get it taken in as soon as I can. Apparently, the mr got the notice a while ago so this is the first I have heard of ti.
Actually, I received the notice on Monday, it was mailed 10-13 and I informed you Tuesday.

TheEduKATor
10-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I haven't heard anything yet. I dont have to disconnect it, my cruise control doesn't work anyways, or my 4x4 low. Don't get me started

djunkie
10-20-2005, 04:23 PM
I haven't heard anything yet. I dont have to disconnect it, my cruise control doesn't work anyways, or my 4x4 low. Don't get me started
cough cough FORD cough cough :smile:

maxwedge
10-20-2005, 11:13 PM
They finally added my 97 F150 to the list last month after their knowing about the problem for years now. The list of recalled vehichles keeps growing due to pressure from NTSB and, oh yeah, more fires and deaths. That switch is in millions of ford products they have made for almost 10 years or more but they have only recalled a fraction of them. Their excuse is that "the switch has performed well in most applications" It's BS to save money. It's the same damn switch! You might want to pull that plug even if your vehichle hasn't been recalled. Could save your life.

djunkie
10-21-2005, 04:39 AM
They finally added my 97 F150 to the list last month after their knowing about the problem for years now. The list of recalled vehichles keeps growing due to pressure from NTSB and, oh yeah, more fires and deaths. That switch is in millions of ford products they have made for almost 10 years or more but they have only recalled a fraction of them. Their excuse is that "the switch has performed well in most applications" It's BS to save money. It's the same damn switch! You might want to pull that plug even if your vehichle hasn't been recalled. Could save your life.
Or your garage :cry:

OGShocker
10-21-2005, 05:45 AM
f.o.r.d.

MsDrmr
10-21-2005, 06:56 AM
Actually, I received the notice on Monday, it was mailed 10-13 and I informed you Tuesday.
Your indication to me what that you received it a few days ago....Thats all I was referring to, you don't have to defend yourself to anyone, and I was not out to make you look bad.