PDA

View Full Version : Why my summer is not over

Sweet Addiction
10-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Ok, I sold the old Villian and this is what has been on order for about a month now. It is a 05' 260 ZT checkmate with a 496 mag. It was a little bigger than I expected but I will get use to it. It handles the Lake Travis waters very nice. Here are a couple of pics, I don't have any interior or water shots so the trailer pics will have to do.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1859New_boat_pic_at_Lago.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1859Truck_and_new_boat_05-2.jpg

ECeptor
10-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Beautiful boat! I love the paint scheme...but then again I'm kinda biased.
My much older rig...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3036Villain_III_side.jpg

Devilman
10-21-2005, 05:16 AM
Damn, dude!! That's quite a bit bigger than your last rig ain't it?? That is one kickass boat my friend!! Congratulations!! Yeah, I wouldn't end my summer quite yet either... :cool:

DEAL BROTHER
10-21-2005, 08:56 AM
awesome ride....I would boat till deep into the fall with that mac daddy ride...good luck and be safe

Sweet Addiction
10-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks everyone. Yes it was a big step up from my 20' villain, but I love it very much. Its a little wider and much deeper, obviously. It is going to take getting use to. Also the controls are kiekeffer, takes a little bit of getting use to. The reason I decided to get it was of all the options it has. I was spending so much trying to get my villain to be just like the big boys, and felt like I was getting no where. Although I did get the Villain to GPS at 62 MPH which was funny when I would run up next to some of the bigger boats, but I could not keep it in the water. It was paid for and much fun. So I bought something I thought I would be happy with for a few years. It will be good for me during the bachleor days of my life, and then I am sure I will need to get married one day and get a ski boat or something for the kiddos. Or just keep it and get a ski boat. :D. Thanks for all the compliments guys. Hope to see some of you on the water one day.
Jared.

Sweet Addiction
10-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Beautiful boat! I love the paint scheme...but then again I'm kinda biased.
My much older rig...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3036Villain_III_side.jpg
Now don't get me wrong, I still liked my Chapparral, and it is still cruising the lake, I saw it last weekend. You Villain is very clean.

ECeptor
10-23-2005, 01:23 PM
Now don't get me wrong, I still liked my Chapparral, and it is still cruising the lake, I saw it last weekend. You Villain is very clean.
Thanks! I'm a huge fan of the white/red/black color schemes we both have.

X-driver
10-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Texas 4 Life,
That is one kick ass Cmate! I love the ZT paint scheme. How fast?
You should post some pictures on checkmate-boats.com forum.
X-

Sweet Addiction
10-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Texas 4 Life,
That is one kick ass Cmate! I love the ZT paint scheme. How fast?
You should post some pictures on checkmate-boats.com forum.
X-
Thanks for the compliment. It seems that everyone who has seen this boat just loves the ZT graphics. The red is definately a sleek looking color. I took it out Saturday with 4 people, 3/4 tank of gas and the speedo was showing right at 60. I have a GPS but I need to get it set up and mounted so actual results will vary. I hope to see more speed after engine break in and then getting the prop balanced. I am registered on the checkmate forum, but I find the site a little frustrating to use. I will post a pic of the boat and see what everyone thinks.
later, Jared.

Blown509Liberator
11-01-2005, 06:21 AM
Good luck with your new Check' . I love My 251 I just put in a new 502 with aliminum heads making a tad over 500hp and we are running 76 on GPS with 3 on board a 3/4 take of fuel. Summer ended for me this weekend. the duck hunters take over the lake.
MikeW

Sweet Addiction
11-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Good luck with your new Check' . I love My 251 I just put in a new 502 with aliminum heads making a tad over 500hp and we are running 76 on GPS with 3 on board a 3/4 take of fuel. Summer ended for me this weekend. the duck hunters take over the lake.
MikeW
Thanks,
I am absolutely thrilled with it. Went out this weekend for the second time and I feel much more comfortable driving it now. It was taking some getting use to. Sorry to hear your summer is over, the weather is turning a little crappy here so I may be putting the boat up soon. Well, just for a little while.
later, Jared.

Carnivalride
11-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Well the water was a little cold but I had to go out anyway. Got the timing and jetting pretty much set, spaced the propshaft back a little. It seemed real quick and didn’t mph to bad either for only 12gears in the box, I’ll try the 18’s at the track. Anyway I think tuning from here will have to be done at the track so here's how the afternoon went. :hammerhea :hammerhea :)
Ready for launch (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=92474&password=&sort=7&thecat=500)
GPS results (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=92475&password=&sort=7&thecat=500)

Sweet Addiction
11-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Well the water was a little cold but I had to go out anyway. Got the timing and jetting pretty much set, spaced the propshaft back a little. It seemed real quick and didn’t mph to bad either for only 12gears in the box, I’ll try the 18’s at the track. Anyway I think tuning from here will have to be done at the track so here's how the afternoon went. :hammerhea :hammerhea :)
Ready for launch (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=92474&password=&sort=7&thecat=500)
GPS results (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=92475&password=&sort=7&thecat=500)
Dang 101 mph. Thats flyin. I wish my boat would run 100 +. But then it might scare the living shit out of me. Seems you had an excellent run. At least you can say it was a good end to the season and she is ready to hit the water in the spring. Good luck with those future trial runs.
Jared.

Carnivalride
11-09-2005, 04:33 AM
Dang 101 mph. Thats flyin. I wish my boat would run 100 +. But then it might scare the living shit out of me. Seems you had an excellent run. At least you can say it was a good end to the season and she is ready to hit the water in the spring. Good luck with those future trial runs.
Jared.
Thanks Jared, I was hoping for a little more but you know how that goes.. :idea: :D
Loren

BIGCHRIS
11-09-2005, 07:10 AM
CARIVALRIDE,thats pretty solid run,are u going to use the boat for pleasure and racing,what kind of combo on the engine are u running,heads,carb,cam and compression.I am thinking of doing another engine this winter and looking at different ways to go :)

ECeptor
11-09-2005, 05:11 PM
CARIVALRIDE,thats pretty solid run,are u going to use the boat for pleasure and racing,what kind of combo on the engine are u running,heads,carb,cam and compression.I am thinking of doing another engine this winter and looking at different ways to go :)
He's going to use it to scare the crap out of me everytime he gives me a ride! :jawdrop:

Carnivalride
11-10-2005, 04:22 AM
The boat is used for pulling the kids tubing, cruising the swim beaches and an ocasional lake race 95% of the time. The rare 5% it actually goes to sanctioned races. I'm not sure many people would like the new engine combo, its a little on the impractical side for most. It won't run straight 91 octane, it won't idle much below 1200rpm, but it does run when you stand on it! :crossx: :crossx:
The engine is not the only thing that lets this boat run, its had extensive bottom work and some hardware relocation too. :) :)

Carnivalride
11-10-2005, 04:25 AM
He's going to use it to scare the crap out of me everytime he gives me a ride! :jawdrop:
Face it Ed your addicted! :D :D :D Your even starting to like my old POS a little :smile: .

ECeptor
11-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Face it Ed your addicted! :D :D :D Your even starting to like my old POS a little :smile: .
The only thing I don't like about your old POS is it's almost twice as fast as my old POS!