PDA

View Full Version : Marine Store Manager Opportunity $80-100K+

BoatNut Recruiter
10-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey There,
I would like to share a exciting & lucretive employment opportunity in the marine industry. The opportunity is in the SFO Bay Area managing a store selling Bayliner, Maxum, Trophy & Meridian Yachts. I know there are those of you who view this product line as pedestrian, but consider this....
We make thousands of entry level and experienced boaters very happy every year!!!
Here's the job description:
Store General Manager –Olympic Boat Centers
Olympic Boat Centers is the West Coast leader in recreational boat sales & marine service. AS the #1 dealer for the world’s #1 selling boats, and the #2 largest dealer of any boats in the world, we’ve been helping families have fun on the water for over 50-years. Interested in indulging your passion for boating and making a real difference in a growing company?
Olympic Boat Centers has a rare opportunity for a dynamic and proven leader to join the Antioch Team as General Manager. “Be the boss” by performing Sales and Operations Management functions while working directly with all store departments and personnel.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Financial Performance- - achieve the financial objectives
- Personnel Management and Leadership- - Hire, maintain and develop a customer-service focused and product knowledgeable team of sales and service experts
- Store Operations- - ensure the efficient and effective utilization of all Company resources and compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Customer Service - achieve a level of excellent internal and external customer service
Applicants must possess:
- Experience & success in general management of sales and operations
- Able to hire and develop high-achievers
- Results-driven, bottom-line focus
- Professional sales process coaching and management experience
- Working understanding of P&L statements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong work-ethic
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
Olympic Boat Centers provides an environment which allows for personal and career growth while recognizing and rewarding hard work and success. Earn industry-leading compensation, and receive 401k with a Company contribution program, medical, dental, company paid life-disability and AD&D, paid holidays, 2 weeks personal time off (PTO) your first year, 3 weeks your second year. Olympic Boat Centers is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
If you are energetic, self-motivated, and ready to make a difference in an evolving company, then this position is perfect for you. Submit your resume today by email at careers@boatnut.com All inquiries will be held in strictest confidence.
** Our established managers are earning south of $200k, and having a lot of fun while they are at it. If you are interested in translating your waterbaby ways into a career within the marine industry, I look forward to hearing from you. We have a lot of fun!
Thank you for your consideration! ;)

HocusPocus
10-20-2005, 04:33 PM
sounds like a good opportunity for someone :)

mike37
10-20-2005, 04:33 PM
sounds like a great job don't think I qualify though don't have that type of management training

Mohave Vice
10-20-2005, 04:38 PM
You'd never be on the water if you had this job!

Sportin' Wood
10-20-2005, 04:44 PM
My old man use to have the same job up at Arrowhead.... He USE to love boats.

SUBPRIME
10-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Boat Nut check you PM

BoatNut Recruiter
10-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Subprime check your PM

BoatNut Recruiter
10-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Bump :)

riverbound
10-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Too bad it isnt closer to me. I would be all over it.

BADBLOWN572
10-21-2005, 07:47 AM
One of my best friends worked for Olympic Boat Centers in Newport Beach. He said that the job was HELL!!! Boats were his passion until he went to work there and after that, he wanted nothing to do with the boating industry and/or boats in general.
Just what I have heard. Be aware and investigate it for yourself it anyone is seriously interested.

superdave013
10-21-2005, 08:39 AM
I know 80 ~ 100K sounds like a lot of money. But can a guy make a house payment in the bay area making that wage?

Jyruiz
10-21-2005, 08:40 AM
I know 80 ~ 100K sounds like a lot of money. But can a guy make a house payment in the bay area making that wage?
No kidding.

riverbound
10-21-2005, 08:41 AM
One of my best friends worked for Olympic Boat Centers in Newport Beach. He said that the job was HELL!!! Boats were his passion until he went to work there and after that, he wanted nothing to do with the boating industry and/or boats in general.
Just what I have heard. Be aware and investigate it for yourself it anyone is seriously interested.
I heard the same thing about roll up doors :wink:
Phone still aint ringin' :D

BADBLOWN572
10-21-2005, 01:42 PM
I heard the same thing about roll up doors :wink:
Phone still aint ringin' :D
When was the last time your job got you into the cash counting room of the Federal Reserve Bank? $23 million on cash just sitting there waiting to be processed. Or on March Airforce Base, or get to go in the tank simulator at the National Guard, or in the Seal Beach naval weapons station (you know where we have Nuclear weapons. ;) :D :cool: Get to go all sorts of places and do all sorts of things with this job. Especially since we do quite a bit of government work. :)
Don't worry, we havent forgotten about you. :D :D :D

riverbound
10-21-2005, 01:56 PM
When was the last time your job got you into the cash counting room of the Federal Reserve Bank? $23 million on cash just sitting there waiting to be processed. Or on March Airforce Base, or get to go in the tank simulator at the National Guard, or in the Seal Beach naval weapons station (you know where we have Nuclear weapons. ;) :D :cool: Get to go all sorts of places and do all sorts of things with this job. Especially since we do quite a bit of government work. :)
Don't worry, we havent forgotten about you. :D :D :D
Hahah....and you spend more time at the river than I currenetly do so how bad can it be???

Sleek-Jet
10-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Be very carefull about turning a hobby into a job...

riverbound
10-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Be very carefull about turning a hobby into a job...
Oh...you dont have to tell me...I did car audio before this and loved car audio...after being in the industry so long...I want factory systems in all my cars.

bordsmnj
10-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Oh...you dont have to tell me...I did car audio before this and loved car audio...after being in the industry so long...I want factory systems in all my cars.
lol,sure yuh do.

riverbound
10-21-2005, 02:32 PM
lol,sure yuh do.
I got factory speakers in my truck. just added to them :D