PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden Computer Virus

Moneypitt
05-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I was just informed about a virus that comes in the form of an email about Bin Laden captured, or hung......Don't open it.........It is nasty, and fatal to your computer...........MP

schlepy
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
AAAAAAHHHHH SHIAT, i just opened it.... you bastard...

Cheap Thrills
05-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I dont usually open any mail from unknown sources but that one would have killed the cat.
C.T. :wink:

SmokinLowriderSS
05-11-2006, 07:20 PM
This is actually real (for once) but is old, and of no risk if you have a current anti-virus running. Here's the scoop from Snopes:
In July 2004 a message claiming to offer links to photographs of Osama Bin Laden's suicide was spammed to multiple newsgroups. The links actually tricked users into opening a file that installed the Backdoor.Hacarmy.D trojan horse.
In June 2005, similarly-themed e-mail message claimed to offer images of the capture and arrest of Osama bin Laden scanned from news videos and collected in an attached ZIP file, but the attachment actually harbored a version of the Psyme Trojan.
Both trojans were easily detected and removed with updated virus protection software, and neither Osama message is circulating widely or poses much of a threat to PC users any more.