PDA

View Full Version : sad day for my family

Rubths
10-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Had to put down our 10 year old rotti yesterday morning and I am heart broken. Kaylie was a one of a kind sweet dog that loved all.
Ive been acting like a big pussssy and cant stop crying over her. Im going to be bummed for awile.
Kaylie will be missed
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/2387kaylie_4-med.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/2387river_dogs-med.jpg

pixilatedpussy
10-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Oh Hunney ......... I am soo very sorry! One of our Golden's is almost 10, it will be hard!

dicudmore
10-21-2005, 10:39 AM
sorry to hear that...beautiful dog :frown:
always hurts to lose a family member...

Miss Perfect
10-21-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm so sorry :frown:

Brady Bunch
10-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Hey Rub, sorry to hear this. Kaylie was a cool dog!

riverbound
10-21-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm so sorry...Mine are 9 and Im dreading the day. :(
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4852riverpics_005.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4852riverpics_006.jpg

Rexone
10-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Very sorry to hear that Rubths, they dont' live long enough that's for sure :frown:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Oh man, I am soooooooooooooo sorry for you!!! Our doggie is 11 years old and I totally dred the day. Its ok, cry away. :(
And Bill, your dogs look like hippos :eek: :wink:

Rubths
10-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Oh man, I am soooooooooooooo sorry for you!!! Our doggie is 11 years old and I totally dred the day. Its ok, cry away. :(
And Bill, your dogs look like hippos :eek: :wink:
:cry:

riverbound
10-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Had to put down our 10 year old rotti yesterday morning and I am heart broken. Kaylie was a one of a kind sweet dog that loved all.
Ive been acting like a big pussssy and cant stop crying over her. Im going to be bummed for awile.
Kaylie will be missed
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/2387kaylie_4-med.jpg
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=500/2387river_dogs-med.jpg
I get depressed just thinking about it....I cant even imagine when the time comes :frown:

Mrs.HLB1
10-21-2005, 10:55 AM
So sorry about your dog. It is almost 2 years for our other dog and still get choked up about it. It is hard.
Mrs.HLB

BarryMac
10-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear this James, it totally sucks. Sounds like she was a great dog for you and your family...

MsDrmr
10-21-2005, 10:56 AM
I know that feeling and I'm sorry for your loss. :frown:

Rubths
10-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Kaylie and I had a special bond I have never had with an animal. She used to fall over her self to get to me when I would come home from a business trip and never take her eyes off me if we were in the same room. She was one of a kind and passed giving me kisses as she loved her daddy :cry:

little rowe boat
10-21-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I know the pain. 1 year ago last Oct.12th we had to put our 14 yr. old Rottie Maxwell down. I was very dehydrated from all of the crying that I was doing.We still have pics of him all over our house.

Froggystyle
10-21-2005, 11:07 AM
I am so sorry to hear about this. Kylie was really cool. Her and Izzy have played on the sandbar before.
Don't feel like a puss. My dogs have been the only things I have ever really broken down over. They get closer to you than anything ever has in my life because of their devotion.
Just keep her in your heart. She will be around forever.

ROZ
10-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Sorry to hear it Rubths.... Seemed to do well with kids, too... :(

GrapeApe
10-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Kaylie and I had a special bond I have never had with an animal. She used to fall over her self to get to me when I would come home from a business trip and never take her eyes off me if we were in the same room. She was one of a kind and passed giving me kisses as she loved her daddy :cry:
Damn Rub..
Sorry to hear about Kaylie... She is in a better place, chasing little white poodles around Heavens Sand Bar.. ;)
*** Grape Ape ***

IN2-IN2MX
10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm so sorry.

Rubths
10-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Sorry to hear it Rubths.... Seemed to do well with kids, too... :(
Thanks bro she loved kids it was little white poodles on the sand bar nipping at her legs she had a problem with :argue: Even then she didnt bite down and hurt Larrys dog grape and Kaylie had that poodle all in her mouth.
Man this is killing me. Im having such a hard time because she was a very healthy strong dog I had to put down. She had a collission last year with our other dog on the sand bar chasing birds and it compressed a disc in her neck. That compression put presure on a nerve for her hind end and would make her wobbly and sometimes fall. Untill two days ago when the rain came she had been doing fine but I found her in the morning not able to get up off her bed so I picked her up and took her outside hoping she would strech out and do her business like usual and be ok but I found her 5 minutes later laying in her shiat and could not get up, I knew then it had to be done.
I am in Vegas right now and so heart broken that I can't even enjoy what Vegas has to offer me. I went to sleep last night without gambling one penny and for anyone that knows me thats not me I live to gamble.
Grape ape is going to take me out for some titties... I mean drinks tonight and get my mind off my loss.

GrapeApe
10-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks bro she loved kids it was little white poodles on the sand bar nipping at her legs she had a problem with :argue: Even then she didnt bite down and hurt Larrys dog grape and Kaylie had that poodle all in her mouth.
Man this is killing me. Im having such a hard time because she was a very healthy strong dog I had to put down. She had a collission last year with our other dog on the sand bar chasing birds and it compressed a disc in her neck. That compression put presure on a nerve for her hind end and would make her wobbly and sometimes fall. Untill two days ago when the rain came she had been doing fine but I found her in the morning not able to get up off her bed so I picked her up and took her outside hoping she would strech out and do her business like usual and be ok but I found her 5 minutes later laying in her shiat and could not get up, I knew then it had to be done.
I am in Vegas right now and so heart broken that I can't even enjoy what Vegas has to offer me. I went to sleep last night without gambling one penny and for anyone that knows me thats not me I live to gamble.
Grape ape is going to take me out for some titties... I mean drinks tonight and get my mind off my loss.
Rub,
I was just playing about the white Poodle.. She was just putting it in "Check". I have to do that to some of my Smaller friends sometimes when they lip off, and think they can take me down after to many River Sodas... :D
I will see you tonight..
*** Grape Ape ***

Rubths
10-21-2005, 11:46 AM
I know what you meant bro, the :argue: was kaylie and the poodle :wink:

ROZ
10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
A great place to cheer up is SCORES! :D

rivrbrat
10-21-2005, 12:02 PM
My heart goes out to you. I had to put my Rotti (Gerda) of 13 years down. She had cancer in her nose and it was spreading. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do and let me tell you I cried and cried and cried. I hated walking into the house knowing she wasn't sitting at the door waiting for me. I put her down 2 1/2 years ago and I still think about her. I even have her picture as my screen saver. I thought that I would never want another dog having to go through the pain of losing her but after 4 months I broke down and found my another Rotti. She's not Gerda but I am so happy I got her. So maybe after it doesn't hurt as much you should get yourself another Rotti. Hope this helps.. :shift:

OutCole'd
10-21-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm so sorry the hear this. One of our Boxers has been with us for almost 10 years, and that is going to be one bad time for my family.

Rubths
10-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Yesterday morning before I took her in :(
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=514/674Oct_19_2005-med.jpg

riverbound
10-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Yesterday morning before I took her in :(
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=514/674Oct_19_2005-med.jpg
You just made me :cry:

GrapeApe
10-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Rub,
I am glad that you got a Pic of Kaylie, you, and the Little One.. She is Hard to Replace, but you need to get another Rotti when the time is right. There is a Rotweiler Rescue in San Diego that always has 3-5 Dogs.. I had to Give them a Female that I had when I had to move into a Small Apt..... I told myself that I would adopt one, if I got another one..
*** Grape Ape ***

Rubths
10-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Rub,
I am glad that you got a Pic of Kaylie, you, and the Little One.. She is Hard to Replace, but you need to get another Rotti when the time is right. There is a Rotweiler Rescue in San Diego that always has 3-5 Dogs.. I had to Give them a Female that I had when I had to move into a Small Apt..... I told myself that I would adopt one, if I got another one..
*** Grape Ape ***
I made me cry too. Grape I know what you mean and my buddy has a 5 month male of champian breed he will give me right now I just am to heart broken to give my love to another at this time. If I do get another I have to get another female, the males are just to goofy for me.

riverbound
10-21-2005, 02:49 PM
I made me cry too. Grape I know what you mean and my buddy has a 5 month male of champian breed he will give me right now I just am to heart broken to give my love to another at this time. If I do get another I have to get another female, the males are just to goofy for me.
A 5 month old Male..thats what I wanted. But my 2 females were the last in the litter and they were too much fun so we couldnt split them up. ended up coming home with both. Now they live with the Ex wife (she has a bigger yard) but I still play with them when I pick up my kids...plus I can kidnap them for the weekends :wink:

bunny 166
10-21-2005, 02:50 PM
I'm so sorry for you and your family :( ...Dogs are terrific...Hope your evening out helps a little bit. ;)

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
10-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Rubths,
I'm soooo sorry for your lose!!!

10-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, put down ours 8 years ago went for 6 years
without and wife wanted one so now Zeus is here for 2 years hope your
hurt is not too long sorry again

Rubths
10-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, put down ours 8 years ago went for 6 years
without and wife wanted one so now Zeus is here for 2 years hope your
hurt is not too long sorry again
Thanks again guys. This is why I posted this hear because I knew there were alot of folks like me that have lost a pet and people that care about there pets the way I do. I cant wait for the pain to go away but its not any easier on me today and tomarow I drive home to an empty house because the wife is headed out of town tonight with my little girl and no Kaylie to great me when I walk threw the door.
This sucks asss for sure :(

Mrs.Racer277
10-21-2005, 05:38 PM
I am soooooo sorry to hear about your loss. That is one of hardest things to do. I know. It will get better trust me.

73kona455
10-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

THOR
10-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Sorry for your loss Rubths

hot_diggity_dog
10-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Kaylie will be missed
Hang in there Bro!!!!!
HDD

Debbolas
10-21-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry :(

bchbum
10-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Sorry for your loss, I had to put our 16 year old Queensland Healer ( Gizmo )down yesterday also .Didn't think I would cry at the vets , but I did . Walked out of the room ,told them to just mail me the bill . Didn't want to pay & cry in front of others . The hardest part was when the girls came home from dance & telling them .

Rubths
10-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Sorry for your loss, I had to put our 16 year old Queensland Healer ( Gizmo )down yesterday also .Didn't think I would cry at the vets , but I did . Walked out of the room ,told them to just mail me the bill . Didn't want to pay & cry in front of others . The hardest part was when the girls came home from dance & telling them .
Im so sorry to hear you lost yours also. Good luck explaining to your little ones. Im just glad my little girl is too young to know any different.
73kona455 thanks for the poen, I hope the day is not soon but I cant wait to see my kaylie on the other side ;)

Rubths
10-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Grape ape thanks for chearing me up last night I needed it. Oh and I cant forget to thank you for letting me loose at the tables too :hammerhea
You the man :wink:

topless
10-22-2005, 11:10 AM
I couldn't bring myself to read this yesterday and now I know why. Every post of yours made me cry. (except the last one) I feel for you, I am a huge animal lover and know first hand how hard it is to lose a pet. She is in a place now that she feels no pain and she knows how much you loved her. It will get easier. I still cry for my German Shepard I lost when I was kid.

Rubths
10-22-2005, 12:35 PM
I couldn't bring myself to read this yesterday and now I know why. Every post of yours made me cry. (except the last one) I feel for you, I am a huge animal lover and know first hand how hard it is to lose a pet. She is in a place now that she feels no pain and she knows how much you loved her. It will get easier. I still cry for my German Shepard I lost when I was kid.
Im so sorry I bummed you out that was not my intention to make you cry. Agian thanks for the support I am really starting to feel better.

MODVP22
10-22-2005, 12:51 PM
sorry to hear about your loss. I recently lost my 12 year old (almost 13) Chocolate Lab on Sept. 11

Silver
10-22-2005, 05:31 PM
I am so sorry! Good thing for memories, keep them close to your heart!

Mrs.Racer277
10-22-2005, 06:33 PM
I am sorry for your loss too. I think putting an animal down is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. The pain will eventually go away. It helped that I still had my other animals in the house.
Hang in there both of you. Each day will get easier.

rrrr
10-23-2005, 06:09 AM
Sorry about that. We've all had lots of pets since childhood, they have left us before.
But every time it happens again, it still hurts bad. My sympathies.

OGShocker
10-23-2005, 06:53 AM
Were thinking of you buddy! Sorry to hear of your loss, most of us have been through it. It just SUX!

bchbum
10-23-2005, 08:28 AM
O.K. I just got the bill from the vet . $150.00 to put my dog down . $90 for the shot ,$35 for disposal & $25 for me to be in the room . I'm going in to pay it today ( they're busiest day of the week ) I think this way to high , did this 6 years ago same office different vet & it wasw only $50.00 . Looking for a new vet in the Long Beach , Lakewood area !!! :eek:

Caribbean Jet
10-23-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard that it can be.

topless
10-23-2005, 09:20 AM
O.K. I just got the bill from the vet . $150.00 to put my dog down . $90 for the shot ,$35 for disposal & $25 for me to be in the room . I'm going in to pay it today ( they're busiest day of the week ) I think this way to high , did this 6 years ago same office different vet & it wasw only $50.00 . Looking for a new vet in the Long Beach , Lakewood area !!! :eek:
25 to be in the room??? WTF??? I would pay all but the 25. Thats rediculous.

Rubths
10-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Im not sure what it would have cost me my step sister works for an emergency animal hospital and I did not pay a dime. I am having Kaylie cremated and have a hookup on that to only $57. I would have paid thousands to have her walking right.
Tell them to pound sand on the $25 to be in the room thats bullshait.

VanDeano
10-23-2005, 08:32 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/786004-thumb.jpg Mine has lung cancer and will have to put her down soon. I had her since she was a pup and that was 11 yrs ago. It really sucks because when do you actually know when to make the call. I have know idea what signs to look for. The vet said when she stops eating. All her life I have just feed her dry food and on occasions scraps and left overs. When I found out she had cancer 3 months ago this dog goes with me every where now. I let her get away with murder now (maybe that's a bad medafore). Every day now she gets feed either Steak, chicken, hamburger patties with cheese, beef jerky from the meat market. So I guess I'll know its time when she wont eat any of that. It just really sucks!

rrrr
10-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Just a thought, I know this is an awkward time to discuss it....
When our old Springer Spaniel had to leave us a few years ago, the vet came to our house. It was so much better that Boo didn't have to ride to the vet and get upset about going in the office. He was dumb ;) , but he knew that going to the vet wasn't for fun.
So my wife and I got to hold him and comfort him as the drugs took effect, and he went to sleep on his favorite couch.
Again, I'm sorry for the loss of your buddy.

purrfecttremor
10-24-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm so sorry to here this,We have two dog's both getting older and Were starting to think about this samme sinerio and not looking forward to it.

VanDeano
10-25-2005, 02:58 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/786004-thumb.jpg Just a thought, I know this is an awkward time to discuss it....
When our old Springer Spaniel had to leave us a few years ago, the vet came to our house. It was so much better that Boo didn't have to ride to the vet and get upset about going in the office. He was dumb ;) , but he knew that going to the vet wasn't for fun.
So my wife and I got to hold him and comfort him as the drugs took effect, and he went to sleep on his favorite couch.
Again, I'm sorry for the loss of your buddy.
The vet came to your house!!!!!! What is the population where you live....100. How did you manage that? If I had to ask my vet that, the whole office would probably laugh me out the door. That would be real nice, but I really don't think that would happen where I live. It takes almost a week just to get an appointment. I appreciate the advice any way.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/786004-thumb.jpg

rrrr
10-25-2005, 01:56 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/786004-thumb.jpg
The vet came to your house!!!!!! What is the population where you live....100. How did you manage that? If I had to ask my vet that, the whole office would probably laugh me out the door. That would be real nice, but I really don't think that would happen where I live. It takes almost a week just to get an appointment. I appreciate the advice any way.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/786004-thumb.jpg
Population 280,000. I dunno the how or why, he just said he would do it. I guess because he had been our vet for a long time.
Doesn't hurt to ask....

Billy Heinlein
10-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Really sorry to hear that, we lost our first KODY Christmas night 2003 and it was heart breaking. Our current Rotti is from Europe (KODY), he is S1 and in training for ring sport, he is 20 months old. We will breed him at 2.5 and if you have not gotten a new Rotti by them let us know, can get you one of his pups.

Rubths
10-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Really sorry to hear that, we lost our first KODY Christmas night 2003 and it was heart breaking. Our current Rotti is from Europe (KODY), he is S1 and in training for ring sport, he is 20 months old. We will breed him at 2.5 and if you have not gotten a new Rotti by them let us know, can get you one of his pups.
Sorry to hear, what a shiatty Xmas that was huh.
For us each day is better but the hurt is still there. We are leaving for Glamis today until next Tuesday and this trip wont be the same without her. I worry most about our other dog Maggie, Kaylie was her partner and she has really been depressed looking all over the house for her.

79Challenger
10-26-2005, 08:32 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/786004-thumb.jpg
First. Rub, I am truly sorry for your loss.
Second. My vet does house calls. He is in Redlands CA. I have not had to put either of my boys down, but a friend had them over for his rott.
They were spooning on the living room floor. :cry:

Rubths
10-26-2005, 08:39 AM
They were spooning on the living room floor. :cry:
That was me on the floor of the vets, the doc had to think I was some wacko all cuddled in with her. I could have had her put down at the house but it would have been harder on me having to carry her lifeless body out to a truck afterwords.

pixilatedpussy
10-26-2005, 08:41 AM
That was me on the floor of the vets, the doc had to think I was some wacko all cuddled in with her. I could have had her put down at the house but it would have been harder on me having to carry her lifeless body out to a truck afterwords.
How are doing??? A lil better? :confused:

Rubths
10-26-2005, 01:27 PM
How are doing??? A lil better? :confused:
I am doing much better thanks for asking. Heading to Glamis in a few hours and staying a week.