PDA

View Full Version : Havasu X-mas lights parade.

Biglue
10-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Had a few questions from people who have attended. Thinking about attending it with the kiddos this year.
How is it?
Is it mainly in the channel?
Is it as big/crowded as a holiday weekend?
How many peeps are planning to go?
Thanks in advance.
Lue.

pixilatedpussy
10-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Its very fun! We are going again this year! The kids loved it! :p

HOOTER SLED-
10-21-2005, 12:05 PM
You're going Lue. Us Carson boys gotta stick together. :D

MAINEVENT
10-21-2005, 12:08 PM
your a Corona Boy now :messedup: :D

Biglue
10-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure I am bro. Few I-liners were talking about it.
Hell yeah Havasu don't know what's coming. :D

Jyruiz
10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I am in, I just need more details.

pixilatedpussy
10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure I am bro. Few I-liners were talking about it.
Hell yeah Havasu don't know what's coming. :D
Uh oh!!! :p

Biglue
10-21-2005, 12:10 PM
I am in, I just need more details.
Hell yeah. It should be a good trip then.

HOOTER SLED-
10-21-2005, 12:12 PM
your a Corona Boy now :messedup: :D
Carson for life dog. :D :D

Biglue
10-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Carson for life dog. :D :D
Simon HOMES. :D :D :D :D

Biglue
10-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Uh oh!!! :p
Hey Pixi. Those pics of your party looked like a great time.

UnionJack
10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
We have a huge group that goes out and of course it will be the first big weekend of the boat.

Not So Fast
10-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Had a few questions from people who have attended. Thinking about attending it with the kiddos this year.
How is it?
Is it mainly in the channel?
Is it as big/crowded as a holiday weekend?
How many peeps are planning to go?
Thanks in advance.
Lue.
It's good
yes
yes
???????????????
Add that it can be pretty cold so dress for it and bring chairs & anti-freeze ;) NSF "GO BOLTZ"

pixilatedpussy
10-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Hey Pixi. Those pics of your party looked like a great time.
We totally did! You should make one sometime! :D

Biglue
10-21-2005, 12:45 PM
It's good
yes
yes
???????????????
Add that it can be pretty cold so dress for it and bring chairs & anti-freeze ;) NSF "GO BOLTZ"
Anti-freeze as in Alcohol???? :idea:

Biglue
10-21-2005, 12:46 PM
We totally did! You should make one sometime! :D
I need to. I need to meet all you peeps. Look like a fun crowd.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
10-21-2005, 12:49 PM
I need to. I need to meet all you peeps. Look like a fun crowd.
You know this!!!!! :D :D It's waaaaaaayyy better then the web cam!!!!! LOL :rolleyes: :D

Biglue
10-21-2005, 12:50 PM
You know this!!!!! :D :D It's waaaaaaayyy better then the web cam!!!!! LOL :rolleyes: :D
Ooooohh hoooohooo. :D Live shows huh? ;) :D

pixilatedpussy
10-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Ooooohh hoooohooo. :D Live shows huh? ;) :D
Hell yah!

Biglue
10-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Bumpola.
Any more info someone can contribute???

Jyruiz
10-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Yea, like, do you guys watch it from your boats, or do you just bring chairs and find a place in the channel to sit and watch the passing boats?

Biglue
10-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Yea, like, do you guys watch it from your boats, or do you just bring chairs and find a place in the channel to sit and watch the passing boats?
I was just thinking that. I was wondering if I should actually tow my boat out there or just hang out in the channel and watch it from one of the banks.

Not So Fast
10-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Anti-freeze as in Alcohol???? :idea:
Your call on that. Since no body has said how they do it maybe this will help. The boats line up out by Crazyhorse and proceed thru the channel, they circle around in Thompson Bay and then make a return trip back thru the channel. So you can see them from the channel or either end out in the water. At least this is how it usually goes, hope this helps. It gets pretty crowded because the,YUK, birds are here then! Merry Christmas, is it ok poiltically to still say that?? I sure dont want to offend any minority groups, religious zealots, tree huggers, gay minority, God forbid!! NSF "GO BOLTZ"

Biglue
10-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Your call on that. Since no body has said how they do it maybe this will help. The boats line up out by Crazyhorse and proceed thru the channel, they circle around in Thompson Bay and then make a return trip back thru the channel. So you can see them from the channel or either end out in the water. At least this is how it usually goes, hope this helps. It gets pretty crowded because the,YUK, birds are here then! Merry Christmas, is it ok poiltically to still say that?? I sure dont want to offend any minority groups, religious zealots, tree huggers, gay minority, God forbid!! NSF "GO BOLTZ"
That actually answers quite a bit bro. Thanks. And yes I think it's still PC to say Merry Christmas.
Happy Hanukah BTW. :D

Not So Fast
10-22-2005, 09:33 AM
That actually answers quite a bit bro. Thanks. And yes I think it's still PC to say Merry Christmas.
Happy Hanukah BTW. :D
COOL, Have fun because thats what it's all about :chi: NSF "GO BOLTZ"

Biglue
10-22-2005, 09:34 AM
COOL, Have fun because thats what it's all about :chi: NSF "GO BOLTZ"
10-4

Buster
10-22-2005, 09:52 AM
How is it? It is a blast !!!!
Is it mainly in the channel? Yes, from the bridge to Thompson Bay.
Is it as big/crowded as a holiday weekend? Yes, it is packed. We get to the channel a little after lunch. Daytime temp are ok but as soon as the sun sets it gets very cold. Everyone brings fire pits and BBQ's. Highly recommended..
How many peeps are planning to go? We are. Last year I parked next to about 20 of them without even knowing. (Bre, Fast Timmy, Reaper etc...)
Hers a pic or two....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2110All_Kind_of_Stuff_088-med.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2110All_Kind_of_Stuff_098_Medium_-med.jpg
Thanks in advance.
Lue.
Have fun...

riverroyal
10-22-2005, 10:47 AM
parade is the launch ramp crowded?I can only imagine the family freezin their asses off waiting to get outta the water

riverroyal
10-22-2005, 10:51 AM
its friday and saturday nights,is friday night any good?

Buster
10-22-2005, 10:55 AM
I don't know about the ramps as I stay over at Crazyhorse and my boat is in a slip. Sunday is NP.. :cool:
Friday night they do a practice run but not all the boats particpate in it. Sat is the big day/night.
Lot's of fun though... I highly recommend it.

uncle larry
10-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Heres the web site will all the information
Havasu Boat Parade ( http://www.boatparadeoflights.org/)
Only Saturday this year..
Last year Jokers Wild Promotions - set up a couple of canopies, had lights, music and a fire pit.. will probably do it again this year..
Enjoy

Chase
10-22-2005, 01:03 PM
When does this happen??

Chase
10-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Dumb question...I see in the web site

LHC Kirby
10-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Heres the web site will all the information
Havasu Boat Parade ( http://www.boatparadeoflights.org/)
Only Saturday this year..
Last year Jokers Wild Promotions - set up a couple of canopies, had lights, music and a fire pit.. will probably do it again this year..
Enjoy
The web site say's Dec,. 2 & 3rd - what do you know that is does not.... one night two nights???
We will be there - 24' Mariah Deck boat and the wife wants to decorate -so I would guess we will be IN IT!

welk2party
10-22-2005, 09:35 PM
I really want to go this year. For some reason this seems so killer to me.

Roxysnow
10-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Last year, I think you had to be in it Friday nite to be in Saturday nite. Both nites to participate! It's fun! Be sure to bring a bunch of coffee! :coffeycup Burrrr! Cold!!!

Craig
10-23-2005, 08:03 AM
It's a good time to go. Weathers usually great for speed runs during the day and then fun at night. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it this year :( due to my work schedule. I had high hopes last year for testing a 5 blade Hydromotive, didn't pan out as I had hoped. Wanted to try again this year with a 34 Bravo. Maybe, just maybe I can con my way into the time off :D

riverroyal
10-23-2005, 09:54 AM
have a place at the islander or beachcomber they want to rent that weekend? :)

JB in so cal
10-24-2005, 07:02 PM
on a place to rent that weekend???!!! :idea:

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 08:38 AM
should we go out?Bring the rhino and quads?take one boat out for the parade,drink vodka in the freezing cold with our wives?

Buster
10-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Bring the Toy Hauler and stay at Crazyhorse. Drive the Rhino over to the channel and watch the show.
There, problem solved.... :) :) O' yea, invite Buster over for Vodka drinks... :p :rollside: :confused:
should we go out?Bring the rhino and quads?take one boat out for the parade,dring vodka in the freezing cold with our wives?

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 08:55 AM
thats a great idea,,,never even thought of that one.run that idea by the wife,thanks

JB in so cal
10-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Bring the Toy Hauler and stay at Crazyhorse. Drive the Rhino over to the channel and watch the show.
There, problem solved.... :) :) O' yea, invite Buster over for Vodka drinks... :p :rollside: :confused:
Buster,
I don't know if you ever saw it, but I posted a pic of your boat I took when I was looking at Magics prior to picking mine. At least if they only made one...

That Guy
10-25-2005, 09:50 AM
have a place at the islander or beachcomber they want to rent that weekend? :)
RR, call the Islander directly. They usually have park models available for rent. Might be a bit tight with the snowbirds, but that is what we did last year and it worked out great. :mix:

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 09:51 AM
call right now!,,jb you in?

Buster
10-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Buster,
I don't know if you ever saw it, but I posted a pic of your boat I took when I was looking at Magics prior to picking mine. At least if they only made one...
I did. Thanks.. I replied back with a pic of yours too.
See ya....

JB in so cal
11-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Is this going to be big or so-so??
And can you have a cooler in your cart - LHPD likey or no? :squiggle:

Phat Matt
11-15-2005, 05:27 PM
We'll be out there. We had a good time last year with a bunch of peeps. :)

riverroyal
11-16-2005, 09:04 AM
JB and wife and my fam. will be at north beach,look for empty fresca cans as trail to the rhino,we will be somewhere

SummitKarl
11-16-2005, 09:45 AM
parade is the launch ramp crowded?I can only imagine the family freezin their asses off waiting to get outta the water
no that would be 4th of july
it's a very mellow event.
simocast
If you have not seen the English Villiage at X-Mas your really missing something, kinda like D'land at night
but yea freezin cheeks is the norm
bring a chairs and my personel fav. HOT spiced cider and Captian Morgan :rollside: :)

Redneck
11-16-2005, 09:48 AM
simocast
If you have not seen the English Villiage at X-Mas your really missing something, kinda like D'land at night
bring a chairs and my personel fav. HOT spiced cider and Captian Morgan :rollside: :)
ok you talked me into it were there wait we were going anyways lol

JB in so cal
11-16-2005, 09:49 AM
simocast
I wonder how hot fresca and vodka would taste?

riverroyal
11-16-2005, 09:53 AM
simocast
the village by the boat parade correct?I forgot about that,it is cool.I think I saw them on last thanksgiving,but we never went into the village

cola
11-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Have fun...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/2110All_Kind_of_Stuff_088.jpg
My boats in that pic.

chub
11-16-2005, 07:54 PM
I wonder how hot fresca and vodka would taste?
Black Cherry Fresca and Oj go GREAT with vodka. That's all I know. :) :)

shueman
11-16-2005, 09:51 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1761PC048096.JPG

Biglue
11-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Where is the best place for parking?
What is a good time to get there and reserve a decent day camp?

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-28-2005, 08:57 PM
I will be there

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2005, 09:06 PM
We are counting the days!!!! We will be there...whether it be late sat after Soccer...or if it rains...Fri nite!!!!!
Its Mrs racers bday!!!! Time to celebrate!

plaster dave
11-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Where is the best place for parking?
What is a good time to get there and reserve a decent day camp?
Lue last year I got their at 5:30 or 6:00 and had no problem with parking.

UnionJack
11-28-2005, 09:10 PM
going up friday

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Lue last year I got their at 5:30 or 6:00 and had no problem with parking.
Well help a girl out, cuz we had the boat in the water last year...now we will be driving the truck because we are comming up late after soccer games!

Redneck
11-28-2005, 09:25 PM
We are counting the days!!!! We will be there...whether it be late sat after Soccer...or if it rains...Fri nite!!!!!
Its Mrs racers bday!!!! Time to celebrate!
oh sure forget about mine

plaster dave
11-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I am hoping to get in at around noon. I am not sure if the boat will see the water or not but let me know if you need a spot saved. 818-402-2769

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2005, 09:31 PM
When is yours Kenny???

Mrs.Racer277
11-28-2005, 09:32 PM
I am hoping to get in at around noon. I am not sure if the boat will see the water or not but let me know if you need a spot saved. 818-402-2769
Yes we DO! :rolleyes: :rollside: :)

Mrs.Racer277
11-28-2005, 09:32 PM
You guys coming by the house???

SummitKarl
11-28-2005, 09:34 PM
When is yours Kenny???
hey good lookin where you been........
Did dia tell you the evil trick ....uhhh.......Bobby..yea thats it Bobby played one her :)

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Did dia tell you the evil trick ....uhhh.......Bobby..yea thats it Bobby played one her :)
No she hasnt...what did you two meanies do to my girl???
Hey I hear you may be building ahhells house next to mine!

Mrs.Racer277
11-28-2005, 09:35 PM
And Karl!!! :rollside: :rollside:

Mrs.Racer277
11-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Scared the heck out of me. Hiding in the back yard.

atomickitn
11-28-2005, 09:38 PM
i see you got your comp fixed , are you more calm now? :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Scared the heck out of me. Hiding in the back yard.
Meanies!!! :yuk: :p

SummitKarl
11-28-2005, 09:39 PM
oh chit news travels fast.........
thought I could make his lot drain your way :crossx:
I told him to buy a steel jockstrap to be safe from you :220v:
he's shaken now :rollside:
Bobby snuck up on Dia in her house with out her knowing he was there

atomickitn
11-28-2005, 09:41 PM
hey throw me under the bus, just cause your comp crashed..... it was part your idea too............i feel like scooby doo :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
oh chit news travels fast.........
thought I could make his lot drain your way :crossx:
I told him to buy a steel jockstrap to be safe from you :220v:
he's shaken now :rollside:
Bobby snuck up on Dia in her house with out her knowing he was there
Very funny jerk off!!! LMAO!!!! :p :p Im so glad someone cool will be next to us!
I really do need your help with this situation with our back yard..before we start the whole pool thing! :cry:
You guys are so mean to Dia.....you will have to answer to me later! :rollside:

SummitKarl
11-28-2005, 09:43 PM
i see you got your comp fixed , are you more calm now? :crossx:
no...just too tired to be raging pissed...
I got Hacked................by a e-mail spamer............ lost everything.... even my IP addy was blocked...........HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slowly getting my back ups in, only loss was my e-mail contact list about 5hrs work to fix it (someday)

atomickitn
11-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey I hear you may be building ahhells house next to mine![/QUOTE]
oooohh! this is news ! this will be cool i can visit my lil pixi house after work... :rollside:

atomickitn
11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
no...just too tired to be raging pissed...
I got Hacked................by a e-mail spamer............ lost everything.... even my IP addy was blocked...........HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slowly getting my back ups in, only loss was my e-mail contact list about 5hrs work to fix it (someday)
wellat least you did not lose your work load! or better yet contacts...... that would suck

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
oooohh! this is news ! this will be cool i can visit my lil pixi house after work... :rollside:[/QUOTE]
Yes you can sweets! I will have a special treat for you! :220v:
Lunch you perv!!!! LOL!

atomickitn
11-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Very funny jerk off!!! LMAO!!!! :p :p Im so glad someone cool will be next to us!
I really do need your help with this situation with our back yard..before we start the whole pool thing! :cry:
You guys are so mean to Dia.....you will have to answer to me later! :rollside:
HIIIII! baby!, we was just saying hello, sort of but we did bring beer! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2005, 09:48 PM
HIIIII! baby!, we was just saying hello, sort of but we did bring beer! :rollside:
Yah yah yah!!!! Like I said...you will have to answer to me now! :crossx: LOL!

SummitKarl
11-28-2005, 09:49 PM
wellat least you did not lose your work load! or better yet contacts...... that would suck
oh yea this REALLY helped my work load...........NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-$2400 today................I am so Frickin Happy :yuk:

Mrs.Racer277
Sean says thanks for dropping by. Or is that stalking??? :rolleyes: He said he just had a very long weekend. This weekend he is ready to play. :) :)

atomickitn
Lunch you perv!!!! LOL![/QUOTE]
oooh i like sushi............. hot tuna!!!!! wooooooooo! hoooooooo! im having lunch at pixis ....im having lunch at pixis........wooooooo!...ooppps sorry i got carried away. :p :boxed:

pixilatedpussy
Good nite guys...gotta go play with Mr Pix! :p

pixilatedpussy
11-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Lunch you perv!!!! LOL!
oooh i like sushi............. hot tuna!!!!! wooooooooo! hoooooooo! im having lunch at pixis ....im having lunch at pixis........wooooooo!...ooppps sorry i got carried away. :p :boxed:[/QUOTE]
:wink:

atomickitn
11-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Sean says thanks for dropping by. Or is that stalking??? :rolleyes: He said he just had a very long weekend. This weekend he is ready to play. :) :)
cool ! ill bring more beer ! :rollside:

atomickitn
11-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Good nite guys...gotta go play with Mr Pix! :p
thats what im talking about ........... take pic ....take pics... oh! say hello to the mr please...night :rollside:

atomickitn
11-28-2005, 09:52 PM
oh yea this REALLY helped my work load...........NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-$2400 today................I am so Frickin Happy :yuk:
ummmmm ! sorry!.... can i bye you a / several beers? :rollside:

Redneck
11-28-2005, 09:59 PM
When is yours Kenny???
dec 7th

Mrs.Racer277
11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
cool ! ill bring more beer ! :rollside:
Great see ya Saturday. Could you both use the front door please. :rolleyes: :) :)

atomickitn
11-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Great see ya Saturday. Could you both use the front door please. :rolleyes: :) :)
aaaah ! do i have to ? how about sk uses thee front and i use the back ok

Mrs.Racer277
11-28-2005, 10:06 PM
LOL! OK are you using the bedroom back or the kitchen back??? :) :)
Nite Nite Everyone.

atomickitn
11-28-2005, 10:08 PM
OK are you using the bedroom or the kitchen :rollside: :)
Nite Nite Everyone.[/QUOTE]

SummitKarl
11-28-2005, 10:12 PM
thanks buddy I ve had enough POOP today :mad:

VEGASBABY
11-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Will be there for sure, plenty of hot coffee and brandi or rum to go around!!!

HavaTan
11-29-2005, 08:40 AM
Just thought you all might like to know what the weather will probably be like...
Lake Havasu 10 Day Weather (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/86403)
Bundle up, we'll see you up there.

Biglue
11-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Yo Dave, I'll give you a call while we're there. See if we can hook up for a couple drinks.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-01-2005, 08:37 AM
one more day and I am out of here

Mr. Pixilated
12-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Where is everyone meeting during the X-mas parade.....Beach,etc...

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Where is everyone meeting during the X-mas parade.....Beach,etc...
I am going to try and get a spot on the island side near the restrooms next to the bridge

my21advantage
12-01-2005, 10:54 AM
I am going to try and get a spot on the island side near the restrooms next to the bridge
Yea you might need the restrooms in case of an accident :D

RiverRatMike
12-01-2005, 11:20 AM
we will be watching Saturday night.

pixilatedpussy
12-01-2005, 12:55 PM
We will look for you Mel! :p

Buster
12-01-2005, 01:06 PM
We will be on the beach close to the Agave. See you all there.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Yea you might need the restrooms in case of an accident :D
oooo I see how you are
dont worry i have control

cola
12-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Don't forget your permit for a fire in the channel. I have mine, and you can pick-up one at Parks & Rec. They are required, I don't know how they are on enforcement. I'll be somewhere in the same area. Were leaving soon as I through in some firewood.
Late, Mike

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Don't forget your permit for a fire in the channel. I have mine, and you can pick-up one at Parks & Rec. They are required, I don't know how they are on enforcement. I'll be somewhere in the same area. Were leaving soon as I through in some firewood.
Late, Mike
sounds good mike see you there, are you putting your boat in the water

JackieV
12-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Yummy! Sounds like a SMORE sandwich...with PLYA ME & YOU MEL! LOL :p

JackieV
12-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh I forgot the CHOCO-LATTE! So I guess that means Art will be joining our SMORE samich! :p

waterwitch
12-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Late, Mike
The parks and rec at the aquatic center?
I had NO idea you had to have a permit.
Cost?
Thanks for the info.