PDA

View Full Version : Question?

waterloged
10-21-2005, 05:11 PM
How do you guys tie your runnerbottom down in the back for travel?

voodooCanoe
10-21-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't , Have never had a problem. The runners keep it in place. If it was a
true flat I might to keep it from walking side to side.

Rexone
10-21-2005, 07:21 PM
I've always run straps from the transom shaft or end eyelever down around the frame or at least hooked to. Nothing worse than gettin sideways and bouncin it up on a fender or beyond. :frown: seen that happen a few times off the side of the road. I like em strapped down solid. Just personal preference I guess.

Kindsvater Flat
10-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Like this...
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/rear01.JPG

olbiezer
10-21-2005, 07:46 PM
i cant drive down a stright non bumpy road without my barron flatty bouncing from one fenderpad to the other lol.....i use reg boat holddown straps from the outside eye like someone above said to to the steps on the back side of the trailer to keep it from sliding all over......

waterloged
10-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks, I just wanted some ideas. My fenders are really close to the boat so it should stay in place.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-21-2005, 09:03 PM
The main reason to tie it to the trailer is to let the trailers leafs and tires help absorb the road bumps. If you don't, the boat will bounce on the bunks causing more ware and tare (unless it weighs a ton). Also, be sure to place your bunks directly under your stringers.

Morg
10-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Unfortunatly in an accident my dad's hydro left the trailer when I was 10 years old. The bow eye stayed conected but the boat pivoted & went over the fender.
I wrap around the strut & prop. shaft to the cage of the trailer.

Squirtin Thunder
10-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I was informed that it it Law in all 50 states to secure the boat to the trailer. I am not sure if it is true but Jerry said the way I feel. Keep it tight and let the trailer do the work. Also it may stop a 18' projectile from hurting someone.
Jim

Rexone
10-22-2005, 12:00 AM
We had a blowout many years ago towing an outboard, long story short, the trailer ended up against the side of the truck almost vertical on it's side (tounge bent in a big U). The boat was tied to the trailer and hanging on the rear straps. If it had not been tied the boat would certainly have been upside down in the desert likely totaled. That trailer was totaled and replaced by insurance, the boat had minor scratches (still have boat) and the truck got a new side put on it (almost totaled). I'll just keep using the $10 straps I think. :cool: