PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling my boat...

HBjet
10-22-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm thinking about selling my boat and was curious if anyone from the boards would be interested? I don't know what to ask for it, so if anyone is seriously interested I would have to get back to you as far as price goes.
Since it's late and I need to get up in 4 hours, here are a few details.
1988 Eliminator Liberty 19' with bottom work by Jeff Bennett
DNE Motor: 496ci tunnel ram motor that was featured in Hot Boat OCT 2003. Made 731 HP @ 6300rpm with Hyd. Roller Cam. on 91 octane. Motor now has new Mech Roller cam with .714 lift, and new firing order. New lifters and Push Rods as well as stud girdles. This motor was just checked out by DNE and everything is top notch and it's still a strong runner. Perfect as it sits, or you can add Alum. heads and really make some power with current setup.
MPD pump: Berk 12JG conversion, droop, stuffer, detailed Berk Stainless impeller, detailed inducer, AQ shaft, MPD loader, machined shoe with back-cut and shims, rideplate, manual diverter, double drilled bowl and suction housing. Still in perfect condition!
Interior: New interior including new wood and carpet that was installed in 2002. Still in great condition!
Trailer: Tandem Axle, nothing fancy, black, all the lights work, it carries the boat :)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20boat5.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20boat3.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20boat4.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20boat2.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20boat1.jpg
So let me know what you think... besides crazy!
HBjet

Taylorman
10-22-2005, 04:07 AM
why?

572Daytona
10-22-2005, 04:20 AM
why?
So he can buy that new 21' Daytona :supp:

mrgoslow
10-22-2005, 05:35 AM
unfortunately boats and boat parts depreciate faster than all of us would like. after that i'd guess in the 12-14K range.
btw, the boat looks to have had a bimini, still have it? that sure is a nice gel layout, always have admired it.

MAXIMUS
10-22-2005, 05:51 AM
So he can buy that new 21' Daytona :supp:
Maybe you should buy it for a spare? :notam:

Taylorman
10-22-2005, 09:04 AM
At least keep your motor and pump to put in the tunnel your buying. I cant see you selling your boat and not buying another right?

572Daytona
10-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Maybe you should buy it for a spare? :notam:
And I can part it out and sell you the starter :wink:

RCB19
10-22-2005, 09:46 AM
DUDE! Don't say it's so! :( If it's true whoever buys it won't be dissapointed. Good luck Randal.

Dogballs
10-22-2005, 10:22 AM
HB, are you getting another boat, whats up.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-22-2005, 11:46 AM
I must say that whoever buys this boat is buying a work of art!!! Randy has one clean ass boat and it runs very fast!!! It has the work done by some of the best people around! Good luck with the sale randy;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-22-2005, 11:48 AM
one thing though randy...........Please dont tell me that you are going to an eggbeater,blender,whacker or choppergun boat :eek: :hammerhea :eek:

Taylorman
10-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Im calling bullsh*t. If he were to sell it, he would have an exact price to ask. He doesn't come across as the type of guy who would not know how much to ask for it. Are your trying to troll for Chet?

dmontzsta
10-22-2005, 12:42 PM
He has seen the light, he wants a flatty. Right Randy? :D
Come on over to our side mang! ;)

BigBlockOldsJet
10-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Drama at its' best

Mighty Thor
10-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Does the scoop polisher in his avatar come as part of the Deal? If so I am headed to the loan dept. at my bank. :p

78Eliminator
10-22-2005, 01:57 PM
I have seen the boat in person and it's about as clean as they get. Also, when that boat was not at the river, it was always some place getting work done on it. What I am saying, is that Randy might not know what to ask because he has invested so much money into it, he has no idea what's fair for him and the potential buyer. Anyway, good luck Randy, and I hope you find her a home that's half as good as you've been to it.

wsuwrhr
10-22-2005, 03:45 PM
Does the scoop polisher in his avatar come as part of the Deal? If so I am headed to the loan dept. at my bank.
Exactly what I was thinking.
If that is true there will be a bidding war pal.
Be ready.
Brian

MAXIMUS
10-22-2005, 04:56 PM
And I can part it out and sell you the starter :wink:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HBjet
10-22-2005, 04:58 PM
This is no joke, and I haven't completely decided if I will sell this boat yet, or even complete. 78Eliminator is right about why I haven't put up a number, because I know what I would like to get, and I have a good feeling what other people would want to pay for a used boat. I just need to figure out if that middle ground is something I can live with or not.
As for another boat in the works... nope, not even close. More like being unemployed since 8/1 and the bills aren't disappearing!
Still not sure this is the route I want to take, but I decided to throw it out there and see because you never know! Right...
HBjet

squirt
10-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Randy, Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know you've had a butt load of fun with your boat and I'd bet you really don't want to sell it. Might consider putting the mill up for sale + exchange for a more mild motor. There is some market on your engine I would think. Remember how much fun you had with your boat when it was runnin in the eighties? Might be a better option than to let it go and really regret it. It's alot easier to replace an engine than to replace an exact boat. Man I feel your pain :cry:
good luck, Don

Squirtcha?
10-22-2005, 06:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the situation Randy.
As for the boat..........I really hate to say it, but for comparison's sake, there's this Advantage for sale that runs close to your speeds, is in similar condition (great), and he's asking $14,700 and still waiting for a buyer.
Advantage for sale post (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93662)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/947Steve_R_boat_lt_frt-med.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/947Steve_R_boat_lf_rear-med.jpg
If I remember right that'd probably barely cover the cost of your motor alone, but it's the harsh truth I'm afraid.

PC Rat
10-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Sorry to hear about the situation Randy.
As for the boat..........I really hate to say it, but for comparison's sake, there's this Advantage for sale that runs close to your speeds, is in similar condition (great), and he's asking $14,700 and still waiting for a buyer.
If I remember right that'd probably barely cover the cost of your motor alone, but it's the harsh truth I'm afraid.
Unfortunately I've had no luck either. I've got almost 30 grand into my boat and can't even get anyone to look at it for half that much; it's clean, it's fast, and it's reliable - I don't understand what the problem is. I wasted away two summers building it; if I would have bought it like it is now, I would have saved hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars.
Good Luck,
Brian

Jbb
10-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Heading into the Holiday season ....is not the best time to sell anything ....

Gearhead
10-22-2005, 07:13 PM
This is mighthy early in the Fall to think about selling your boat!!! You may want to think about this a little bit. The best value to sell is Spring.... and by then maybe your senses will come to you..... Think about this.... Do you like your boat? Will you ever have the opportunity to put together a deal like this again?
Think about it a few weeks prior to sell. Sure looks like a nice deal!
Just some thoughts from an oletimer!
Gearhead

Jbb
10-22-2005, 07:21 PM
This is mighthy early in the Fall to think about selling your boat!!! You may want to think about this a little bit. The best value to sell is Spring.... and by then maybe your senses will come to you..... Think about this.... Do you like your boat? Will you ever have the opportunity to put together a deal like this again?
Think about it a few weeks prior to sell. Sure looks like a nice deal!
Just some thoughts from an oletimer!
Gearhead
He will have hundreds of opportunities to do it again!....Its just a boat.....Life's circumstances are constantly changing and evolving...Sometimes priorities shift.....there is ALWAYS a deal out there.Cars, boats,toys of any kind....and if he sells this one ....and better times are down the road....he just might end up with something he likes better for less of an investment........Boats are not an appreciating asset......Its just part of the deal...

wsuwrhr
10-22-2005, 07:54 PM
More like being unemployed since 8/1 and the bills aren't disappearing!
HBjet
You should be posting your talents bud.
What do you do?
Brian

Blown 472
10-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Sorry to hear about that Randy. Hope you find a new gig so you can keep your stuff.

78Eliminator
10-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Sorry to hear about your situation Randy. I was out of work for almost six months and it really hurt.

Cs19
10-24-2005, 10:13 PM
DNE Motor: 496ci tunnel ram motor that was featured in Hot Boat OCT 2003. Made 731 HP @ 6300rpm with Hyd. Roller Cam. on 91 octane. Motor now has new Mech Roller cam with .714 lift, and new firing order. New lifters and Push Rods as well as stud girdles. This motor was just checked out by DNE and everything is top notch and it's still a strong runner. Perfect as it sits, or you can add Alum. heads and really make some power with current setup.
dude, quit lying about your engine, I heard you have way more HP than that from someone who knows absolutly nothing about your boat, but it must be true.

Bense468
10-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Boats can be replaced. You want that 22 with wackers anyway. I know what you are going through. Was out of work for a year and half a few years back and trying my best to do river trips. Had to let the boat go. Its tough but toys are toys.

v-drive
10-25-2005, 03:18 AM
You should be posting your talents bud.
What do you do?
Brian
Ditto! This place is as good as monster.....v-drive

n8dawg
10-25-2005, 02:34 PM
I asked my boss if he had anything, anything at all. But we're not hiring anymore people till after the new year ( budget reasons. ) You can email me your resume so I can submit it to the company. Real easy job, kickback, cool people.
Michelle and I would really miss seeing you guys in that boat out at big river. We can't loose another jet boat couple! :cry:
I'll keep my eyes out for something.
Later,
Nate

Cs19
10-25-2005, 02:47 PM
maybe ***boat mag is hiring?

73kona455
10-25-2005, 03:00 PM
maybe ***boat mag is hiring?
***boat has a magazine????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

BUSBY
10-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Randy ... I might know of a few jobs ... what are you good at ... I know numerous business owners, just need to know what phone number to give you ...
???
Brian

XClutchboy725
10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Man Randy....Sorry to hear that you are even considering this option!
I hope things get better soon and that this potential solution just fades away. :frown:

Little Wood Boat
10-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Does that mean the name ( HBJet) will be available?

WUTWZAT
10-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Does that mean the name ( HBJet) will be available?
oh come on now, he'll always be HBJet, even when he's rollin in his 42' Elim offshore :wink: Randy what kind of work do you do when you do work? LMAO, that'll mess with some people reading this. :crossx: Maybe someone can hook a brother up, I am looking myself. My fortune cookie told me everything is going to be ok.
Jason

RiverRacer
10-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Just so you know.... when people hear the screen name HBJet they think: He seems like a pretty nice guy. When they hear your screen name they think what an ass hole. Do you copy that?[/QUOTE]
Not to be contrary, but not knowing either one of them, I think of them as 2 guys with screen names.
I form opinions after I meet and interact with people.
Posting on the Internet is just so much space on a screen. RR

superdave013
10-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Just so you know.... when people hear the screen name HBJet they think: He seems like a pretty nice guy. When they hear your screen name they think what an ass hole. Do you copy that?
Not to be contrary, but not knowing either one of them, I think of them as 2 guys with screen names.
I form opinions after I meet and interact with people.
Posting on the Internet is just so much space on a screen. RR[/QUOTE]
I understand your point. For me it seems that when I meet a guy that I've read their posts for a few years they are pretty much the same in person as they are here online. If the dude is funny here he's more often then not funny in person also. I've made some good friends from this place.
Sometimes I'll go way out of my way to meet someone because I've enjoyed reading what they post here. Others I'll go out of my way to not meet. I have to say LV would be one of those guys.
BTW, just checked out your web site. Nice site man! Looks like you build some cool stuff.

BUSBY
10-26-2005, 08:42 AM
DON'T PILE ON A GUY THAT HAS LOST HIS JOB!! You are a classless, insecure, rambling maggot little gutter dweller.
Tony Scarlata
and yes Randy is a friend
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Sanger D
10-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Talking smack is something WE all need to do,I pride myself on it (thank you) but NEVER do you talk smack about someones family ,or situation that may be diffficult,...boats ,cars trucks and such sure, but when it comes to the INCOME thing ,people need support!!!!!your jobs give you worth, it,s somewhat who we are.New jobs make us change and thats hard to do,sorry to hear your situation,good luck.
P.S dude, keep your boat!!!!!!

victorfb
10-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Randy... swing a hammer, stack lumber, stock shelves, fetch shopping carts, anything for the mean time. Dont sell the boat.

moneysucker
10-26-2005, 09:14 AM
I hate to admit it but the boat would be the first to go when times get tough. It doesn't cost anything to keep but if you can't aford to go out and use it and need to make payments boat goes bye bye. I figure if I sell mine just by not running it for a season I will be giving myself at least $1000 a month raise. Good luck with finding work Randy. Let me know if you are in COnst. I have connections there in HB area even.
Cy

disco_charger
10-26-2005, 11:11 AM
It would kill me to think of someone other than you driving that boat. The market for jet boats sucks right now. :frown: I wish I could come on here and give you a senario that could fix the problems. Good luck Randy.

Unchained
10-26-2005, 12:33 PM
A good fill in job until something better comes along is being a truck driver.
My son is 20 yrs. old. He went to truck driver school for 1 1/2 weeks and that cost him $1500.00
He got a job in two days and a good raise after 90 days on the job.
He works a lot of hours and is out overnight a couple nights a week but he told me his paycheck last week was $ 850.00 after taxes.
Not bad for a 20 year old kid that still lives home and has no expenses.
Good Luck

HammerDown
10-26-2005, 03:15 PM
This thread is turning into something other than a person that's intrested in selling a Jet Boat.
Just Jets is about (Jet Boat related topics)...period!
Anyone looking for or can offer someone employment, great...send them an email or PM. Or take it to The SandBar.
The BS/Drama/Name calling stops here.!

HBjet
10-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Anyways, I only started this thread to see some other thoughts I guess, and I would hate to sell my boat, but I would sell it before sinking it that's for sure.
Well, I am going to keep the boat and not because its the wrong time, I just figured I would be more bummed with it gone then keeping it and trying to keep the bills covered.
Thanks to all of those who are trying to help out my situation and if I haven't PM's you already I will soon.
HBjet

HBjet
11-09-2005, 12:17 AM
UPDATE!!!
Got the right offer today (turned down 2 from other companies) and I will be part of the work force again come Monday the 14th. WooHoo!!!
HBjet

wsuwrhr
11-09-2005, 12:35 AM
UPDATE!!!
Got the right offer today (turned down 2 from other companies) and I will be part of the work force again come Monday the 14th. WooHoo!!!
HBjet
Cool deal,
you never posted your skills bud.
this place is like a brotherhood.
Brian

RCB19
11-09-2005, 01:02 AM
UPDATE!!!
HBjet
Right on Randy. You gotta be stoked on that. Welcome back to the grind.

BUSBY
11-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Congrats ... glad to hear it! So now you can keep the boat right?

HBjet
11-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Congrats ... glad to hear it! So now you can keep the boat right?
Right... I was going to keep it anyways and just sell the truck because Cyclone has so many trucks to choose from on any given day, I would just borrow his dually. :)
HBjet

Taylorman
11-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Right... I was going to keep it anyways and just sell the truck because Cyclone has so many trucks to choose from on any given day, I would just borrow his dually. :)
HBjet
Sounds like you need to go to work for Cyclone. Does he have a money tree in his yard?

HBjet
11-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Sounds like you need to go to work for Cyclone. Does he have a money tree in his yard?
Sorry, he has many company trucks to choose from.

n8dawg
11-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Glad to hear it! Thought I was going to have to recomend you siphoning gas to get out to the river!lol

TRG
11-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Congrats there ol' pal!
"YOU CAN DO IT!" :D