PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my friends new 06' Stang GT.

dmontzsta
10-22-2005, 09:56 AM
http://werd.com/images/06GT/index.html
This thing is pretty sweet. Very smooth and it pulls like a mother. The handling on them is also VERY good. I was shocked when we hugged the 91 W to 15 S bank turn at 95mph and it felt like 55mph (which was the speed limit for that turn). The body didnt even roll. Pretty nice.

cdog
10-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Nice car. Got to give it to ford for stayin in the muscle car game. I can't wait untill chevy come's out with the new /improved pony killer.

OnlyMoney
10-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm on the list for the new Shelby Cobra....Shelby has to have a Shelby Cobra, can't afford the real thing, so I'll settle.

dmontzsta
10-22-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm on the list for the new Shelby Cobra....Shelby has to have a Shelby Cobra, can't afford the real thing, so I'll settle.
I am thinking of that one myself. But think I want to buy some land and build a castle first. :)

MagicMtnDan
10-22-2005, 10:05 AM
If it doesn't have independent rear suspension it won't cut it no matter how good the rest of the car is (unless you're only into straight line acceleration). :argue:

dmontzsta
10-22-2005, 10:06 AM
If it doesn't have independent rear suspension it won't cut it no matter how good the rest of the car is (unless you're only into straight line acceleration). :argue:
Something suprising is it out-handled the GTO hands down. GTO has IRS.

OnlyMoney
10-22-2005, 10:06 AM
THAT'S why he bought the DCB and house in Havasu....now he'll tell me I can't have the car. :( :hammer2:

Not So Fast
10-22-2005, 10:07 AM
I guess that would be one humungus TICKET, not that here is anything wrong with that though! :( NSF "GO BOLTZ"

MagicMtnDan
10-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Something suprising is it out-handled the GTO hands down. GTO has IRS.
"Out-handled" needs to be defined. Car & Driver said, "The Mustang's skidpad grip and lane-change speed just barely topped the GTO's."
You can read it all here (http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8908)

Big Kahunaa
10-22-2005, 10:25 AM
I told my chick i would pay half of her car payment if she bought a gt five speed but she still bought a suv
P.S. the Gto sucks a$$

Sleek-Jet
10-22-2005, 10:42 AM
I like the Goat because it doesn't look like a car produced nearly 40 years ago.... :eek: And it's built like a tank... evidentally Aussie roads are even worse than the ones we have in the Western US... :hammer2:
Don't get me wrong, I like a little nostalgia as much as the next guy... but jeez, there's got to be a limit.

Squirtin Thunder
10-22-2005, 10:45 AM
http://werd.com/images/06GT/images/100_3650.jpg

MagicMtnDan
10-22-2005, 10:45 AM
I like the Goat because it doesn't look like a car produced nearly 40 years ago.... :eek: And it's built like a tank... evidentally Aussie roads are even worse than the ones we have in the Western US... :hammer2:
Don't get me wrong, I like a little nostalgia as much as the next guy... but jeez, there's got to be a limit.
C'mon now - we know you own a VW Beetle and a T-Bird :hammer2:

Sleek-Jet
10-22-2005, 11:10 AM
C'mon now - we know you own a VW Beetle and a T-Bird :hammer2:
Dude....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/11535d_1.jpg
:D

76ANTHONY
10-22-2005, 11:14 AM
that car aint got sh&t on my pinto :D :D :D
nice ride

Cole Trickle
10-22-2005, 11:27 AM
05 GTO whoops on the 05-06 Mustang GT's
The soon to be built Cobra should be pretty sweet but the 05+ GT's still have less power than the 98-02 V8 Camaros.(It is better than the previous generation GT's but hardly impressive)

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-22-2005, 11:37 AM
I have the 2005 Saleen and she is awesome.. it's fast ..

Cole Trickle
10-22-2005, 11:43 AM
I have the 2005 Saleen and she is awesome.. it's fast ..
Please tell me you got the blown version because the Saleens make the exact same power as the GT.
I have worked with Saleen too much in the past to respect any of there cars.
I do think they look good! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Please tell me you got the blown version because the Saleens make the exact same power as the GT.
I have worked with Saleen too much in the past to respect any of there cars.
I do think they look good! :D
All I know is it is fast enough for me.. and it is number 371.. :wink:

Up 4 River
10-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Now your buddy needs to go out and get the new Shelby wheels for his GT.

AzLakeLizard
10-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Now does this count as a half way decent car???lol
Got it for my birthday!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2889bmwz4side-thumb.JPG :wink:

Cole Trickle
10-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Now does this count as a half way decent car???lol
Got it for my birthday!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2889bmwz4side-thumb.JPG :wink:
The new Z4's are actually preety cool!! I tried to talk my sister into one before she bought her MBZ C 320 coupe.I think you get alot more car/motor/performance with the Z4 vs. similarly priced mercedes.

Cole Trickle
10-22-2005, 12:32 PM
All I know is it is fast enough for me.. and it is number 371.. :wink:
Don't get me wrong they still scoot I just have a strangely scary minimum HP requirement when I look at performance cars.
If I remember correctly #371 was one of the good ones!!;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Don't get me wrong they still scoot I just have a strangely scary minimum HP requirement when I look at performance cars.
If I remember correctly #371 was one of the good ones!!;)
LOL!! do you work for saleen. or with them. I have had one recall on the gas tank filler.. kept shuttin down the pump.. but so far so good. ;)

Cole Trickle
10-22-2005, 12:46 PM
LOL!! do you work for saleen. or with them. I have had one recall on the gas tank filler.. kept shuttin down the pump.. but so far so good. ;)
Lets just say I used to work for a company that makes most of the exhaust systems for Saleen.You either have the one they tried to out source for cheaper through Borla (Ended up being to exspensive with the vacum actuated flaper valves)or you have the simplified system with shiny mufflers that dosen't hurt your ears.
If you looked under the rear of the car you will know what I am talking about.(Saleen does some funny stuff)

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Lets just say I used to work for a company that makes most of the exhaust systems for Saleen.You either have the one they tried to out source for cheaper through Borla (Ended up being to exspensive with the vacum actuated flaper valves)or you have the simplified system with shiny mufflers that dosen't hurt your ears.
If you looked under the rear of the car you will know what I am talking about.(Saleen does some funny stuff)
hmmm. I know they are shinny . But what does a blonde know about exhaust. :) there are 4 clamps on the exhaust and the tips are chrome. :p

dmontzsta
10-22-2005, 12:59 PM
The GTO sucks, it looks like a damn saturn or cavalier.
If we are comparing style now, the Stang rocks its balls.

Cole Trickle
10-22-2005, 01:01 PM
hmmm. I know they are shinny . But what does a blonde know about exhaust. :) there are 4 clamps on the exhaust and the tips are chrome. :p
As long as you like it and look good driving it thats all that matters!!
There is nothing better than a pretty woman driving a cool car!!! :D
Hopefully my betterhalf dosen't read this thread :boxingguy ;)

AzLakeLizard
10-22-2005, 01:08 PM
The new Z4's are actually preety cool!! I tried to talk my sister into one before she bought her MBZ C 320 coupe.I think you get alot more car/motor/performance with the Z4 vs. similarly priced mercedes.
We took a road trip to Phx this past weekend.. and I am the slower driver.. and had it up to 120... the gas mileage is what blows me away..
It is a fun ride! ;)

Cole Trickle
10-22-2005, 01:16 PM
The GTO sucks, it looks like a damn saturn or cavalier.
If we are comparing style now, the Stang rocks its balls.
Other than the GT, 03-04 Cobra,99-04 Lightning(SC Harleys too)and the New Power stroke diesel Ford motors have been the worst in the industry for more than a couple years power wise.
I had a 1990 5.0 Notch that I turned into a drag car.The car was light as hell fun to drive and loved nitrous but it was no where near the best car I ever driven.
Comparing looks is going to come down to personal preferance.Ford keeps going back to there cars/design cues that were popular in the 60's.
GM has in my opinion the better looking truck/SUV line up and by far the better motors(I do like the power stroke but there new 3 valve headed 4.6/5.4 is about 10 years late to the party)
GM has built some of the worst looking cars the world has ever seen in the past 10 years.(I liked the 94-96 Impala SS and the F-Bodys/G-Bodies)
Honestly if you want to talk styling Chrysler has been kicking both of there asses for the past 2 years.Cars like the 300,Magnum and Charger have made them a fortune.There new Diesel is bar none the most powerful in the industry right now.
I don't like any car brand enough to put it as my Avatar and can see the +/- to just about anything.
<------Has owned chevy's dodges and fords but only one of them could make over 500HP and get 32+mpg on the freeway. ;)

Cole Trickle
10-22-2005, 01:22 PM
We took a road trip to Phx this past weekend.. and I am the slower driver.. and had it up to 120... the gas mileage is what blows me away..
It is a fun ride! ;)
Gotta love the technology of these new motors.
Sounds like a nice trip!!! nothing like the wind blowing through your hair at 120mph as you grib the steering wheel with sweaty hands. :p
You must be extra special to get a present that good!!! :cool:

AzLakeLizard
10-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Gotta love the technology of these new motors.
Sounds like a nice trip!!! nothing like the wind blowing through your hair at 120mph as you grib the steering wheel with sweaty hands. :p
You must be extra special to get a present that good!!! :cool:
The wind kept the palms from sweating!~ :D
and well.. I have to admit.. or should I say..
ask Mardonzi about the being "good"... ;)
Thanks!

spectras only
10-22-2005, 01:39 PM
My wife's friend [ in the picture of my 96 stang ]http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/mustang.joan%20copy.jpg
liked my car so much , she's purchasing a coupe this afternoon just like the one in Squirting Thunder's post .I have 170000 km on it now .Without spending any money on ,besides oil changes and one set of platinum spark plugs [ standard on stangs ]at 100000 these cars are very reliable. The GT has composite intake [ had it replaced under a 7 yr warr with the improved alu crossover ] versus
aluminum for the V-6 and the Cobra.My colleague put a deposit down for the 07 Shelby 500 that will handle like a dream I'm sure ;) .
Here are the toys of another friend's , without any problems with his POS ford products :rollside: . Flame away cheby guys :p
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/harley%20truck.jpg

Cole Trickle
10-22-2005, 01:49 PM
My wife's friend [ in the picture of my 96 stang ]http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/mustang.joan%20copy.jpg
liked my car so much , she's purchasing a coupe this afternoon just like the one in Squirting Thunder's post .I have 170000 km on it now .Without spending any money on ,besides oil changes and one set of platinum spark plugs [ standard on stangs ]at 100000 these cars are very reliable. The GT has composite intake [ had it replaced under a 7 yr warr with the improved alu crossover ] versus
aluminum for the V-6 and the Cobra.My colleague put a deposit down for the 07 Shelby 500 that will handle like a dream I'm sure ;) .
Here are the toys of another friend's , without any problems with his POS ford products :rollside: . Flame away cheby guys :p
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/harley%20truck.jpg
Nobody said they were a P.O.S. and break down.Fords typically don't make enough power to hurt themselves!!
Congrats on the new car your buddy has some nice toys!!

spectras only
10-22-2005, 01:56 PM
I've rolled that Harley truck from the showroom floor for a joyride and my buddy fell in love with it , rest is history :smile: .

dmontzsta
10-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Cole Trickle: Comparing the quality of an old 5.0 that was designed in the early 80s, is not a fair comparisson, cause the camaros were pretty bad back then too. Well, then again ALL American cars were.
My buddy who owns this 06 GT has a 93 LX Notch 5 speed, sucker just has exhaust and intake, with EXTREME lightening and almost lifts the wheels off the ground, it ran a 13.4 at the track. Pretty damn good for only intake and exhaust. You are right, that car is fun as hell to drive, just RAW.

RandyH
10-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Beings we are talking Mustang. Here is the wifes new birthday present. I ordered it in Nov 04. I ordered a 05. Bought it from a small town dealer who gets no allocation. Ended up being an 06 . It finally came in last month. Strips where extra. Runs and drives great. RandyH
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/508Emys06GTConvRacy.jpg

dmontzsta
10-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Looks bitchen, I am not a fan of convertibles personallly, but chicks dig em.
The red and black stripe go well together.

Chris Winn
10-22-2005, 03:48 PM
i bought a 05 C6 corvette from Photoglou thsi year with the 6speed Z51 package,
i added the long tube headers and the Corsa "sport" exuast witha lingenfelter intake
i love that car, and it is as fast as most others out there.......

dmontzsta
10-22-2005, 03:52 PM
i added the long tube headers and the Corsa "sport" exuast witha lingenfelter intake
Start your own damn thread.

spectras only
10-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah , put the difference in the price towards the mustang and IT WILL BE AS FAST AS THE OTHERS OUT THERE :rollside: :coffeycup

Chris Winn
10-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah , put the difference in the price towards the mustang and IT WILL BE AS FAST AS THE OTHERS OUT THERE :rollside: :coffeycup
been there done that (not on the new mustand platform), btu i had a 2000 steeda mustang with about 15k in it. i loved that car and it was great in most areas, but at the end of the day it was still a mustang and i took a bath in the resale of it (as do most when you spend on aftermarket stuff)
i guess that my point is that you spend all that $$$ to equall the vette, when you could have had that to begin with along with the better resale....
i do like the new mustang, my wife wants the convertable one, but i wanted an all out sports car.

Silver
10-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Now ya need to put it on the dino and chip it with socal tunning and performance!

Devilman
10-22-2005, 06:32 PM
cookie cutters, but better than rice burners.... :D

blown428fe
10-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Do the new Mustangs have traction control, if so where is the switch? My brother in law has one that I cant seem to get burner going. I had a brand new 84 and 88 that would burn the hell out of the tires like nothing. I paid 13,500 for the 88 GT, man times change.

dmontzsta
10-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Do the new Mustangs have traction control, if so where is the switch? My brother in law has one that I cant seem to get burner going. I had a brand new 84 and 88 that would burn the hell out of the tires like nothing. I paid 13,500 for the 88 GT, man times change.
yeah, this one has a switch right on the dash.

HammerDown
10-23-2005, 07:51 AM
The new Stang's are nice looking, kinda reminiscent of the late 60's Stangs.......but.....I woulda bought a new Vette :cool:

haulina29
10-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Last thursday my wife and I were going to Tahoe up 50 in her C6 and some guy in a new Mustang with exhaust looked like suspension work tires wheels etc pulled along side us at 80 or so, he was jacking the throttle up and down so I told my wife lets see what hes got . Not only was the car a sled it doesnt handle.I dropped into third and put it to the floor and this guy was gone in about 60 seconds I couldnt even see him . My left arm is partly paralized so I cant drive worth a shit .

dmontzsta
10-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Hmmm....
A Mustang for $27k (Which is what this cost)
OR
A Vette for $75k.
hmmm...
Lets face it they are two TOTALLY different cars in TOTALLY different classes. All you Vette lovers can go start your own thread. This thread is for the Stang lovers.
BTW: The new Stangs sound loud, but that is stock exhaust. When this one revs up it sounds like it is all aftermarket but it is totally stock.
So $27k + $4k for a rooots blower + $1,100 for cams + $1,000 in exhaust work + $2,000 for suspension + $400 for dyno tuning = $35,500 HALF THE PRICE and guess what? BYE BYE middle age crisis/expired woman in the vette.
These prices are for good parts too, I rounded things a little high. :D

haulina29
10-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Bring it on dont talk about :cool: your roots blower is a little under priced .You can do those mods and you will still have half the car and it will still be a Ford LMAO . The funny thing is I didnt even look at it twice at the tin can until the geek driving was foot jackin the throttle . :rollside:

dmontzsta
10-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Bring it on dont talk about :cool: your roots blower is a little under priced .You can do those mods and you will still have half the car and it will still be a Ford LMAO . The funny thing is I didnt even look at it twice at the tin can until the geek driving was foot jackin the throttle . :rollside:
I am more in to imports and dont have any room to park a Stang right now.
Three words for corvette owners! MIDDLE AGE CRISIS and I am sorry for that.
:hammerhea :cool:

spectras only
10-23-2005, 07:42 PM
The sad thing about the corvette [ ex vette owner here :coffeycup ] is it can't beat a 2000lbs cobra kit car that can be built for less than 30K cdn . Like this one ;)
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Tony'sCobra2jpeg.jpg
Or a mid engined Ultima GT from the UK with a 350 [ no vette beat my buddy Jeremy's Ultima GT kit car yet].
http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/spyder/features6.html
Let's face it , the mustang is the best four seater north american sports car for the money . If I had a vette again , wouldn't start making comparison with a stang , maybe a Viper since they're overpriced :idea: :D

Kilrtoy
10-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Hmmm....
A Mustang for $27k (Which is what this cost)
OR
A Vette for $75k.
hmmm...
Lets face it they are two TOTALLY different cars in TOTALLY different classes. All you Vette lovers can go start your own thread. This thread is for the Stang lovers.
BTW: The new Stangs sound loud, but that is stock exhaust. When this one revs up it sounds like it is all aftermarket but it is totally stock.
So $27k + $4k for a rooots blower + $1,100 for cams + $1,000 in exhaust work + $2,000 for suspension + $400 for dyno tuning = $35,500 HALF THE PRICE and guess what? BYE BYE middle age crisis/expired woman in the vette.
These prices are for good parts too, I rounded things a little high. :D
I guess the wife is middle aged and expired at 31....
and the vette is only 42k
we met one of these modified engine mustangs, it stayed with us for a few seconds..... and the vette still goes 186 STOCK......
But I do like mustangs and they are two different cars, I would buy another one...

dmontzsta
10-23-2005, 07:58 PM
I guess the wife is middle aged and expired at 31....
and the vette is only 42k
we met one of these modified engine mustangs, it stayed with us for a few seconds..... and the vette still goes 186 STOCK......
But I do like mustangs and they are two different cars, I would buy another one...
There are exceptions to every generalization. :)
If we are talking about a base vette, go ahead and take away the roots blower.
:shift:

haulina29
10-23-2005, 08:04 PM
My wifes vert was 62k plus tax license and reg loaded . and have put a few bucks into it in 6 months . I have a Z06 on order at Stone Chevrolet it msrpd at around 71K .

blown428fe
10-23-2005, 08:05 PM
:eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: The sad thing about the corvette [ ex vette owner here :coffeycup ] is it can't beat a 2000lbs cobra kit car that can be built for less than 30K cdn . Like this one ;)
Or a mid engined Ultima GT from the UK with a 350 [ no vette beat my buddy Jeremy's Ultima GT kit car yet].
Let's face it , the mustang is the best four seater north american sports car for the money . If I had a vette again , wouldn't start making comparison with a stang , maybe a Viper since they're overpriced :idea: :D

Chris Winn
10-25-2005, 08:41 AM
I am more in to imports and dont have any room to park a Stang right now.
Three words for corvette owners! MIDDLE AGE CRISIS and I am sorry for that.
:hammerhea :cool:
i guess that middle aged means that we just dont wish to put up with a lesser than, and we have learned to grow out of the adolecent stages and appriciate other cars....
if i am middle age right now (30 years old), and along with my wife of the same age we are in biggggggg trouble.
i never said the mustang was bad (hell i admire the car for what it is) but it will never be a higher end car, and that does not mean that i wouldn't consider buying one again for my wife :p

Cole Trickle
10-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Like stated before they are completely different cars.
I am 29 years old and in no way shape or form fit into the mid life crisis stereotype.(In my opinion this is what people say when they can't afford a nice car)
The new mustang is a nice car and the soon to be released Shelby GT 500 will be a monster.Comparing the new Mustang to a Corvette is like comparing apples to oranges.(Ride quality,handling,traction control,resale,etc...)
Most of the new GT's are selling for more than 27K once they are loaded with the leather,mach 1000 stereo and the dash/lighting upgrade.(My old comany ordered a stripper odel a year ago and it still hasn't been made)
Just so you know the ost to blow a car is quite a bit more than was quoted previously and it will still only get you about 380rwhp while still remaining reliable.
I purchased a 2004 vette in july of 2004 and was able to get a car that stickered out at 53K for 38K.(A steal in my opinion)
The car bone stock made 315 rwhp and ran a best of 12.9@109 at the track.I have a video somewhere trouncing a 95 Cobra with heads/cam/boltons running slicks at the track.
I have since added a supercharger/Exhaust and now make right at 470rwhp.(Safely)
Last time at the track I was making 430rwhp and was able to run a 11.7@121 on 17" drag radials.I think with any luck the car will now go low 11's at 124+ at Fontana.
The new 71K Z06 is going to run side to side with the 150K Ford GT/Viper SRT-10 nothing even close to it's price range that will touch it.
The nice thing about the vette is it's a butt load cheaper to insure than a V8 mustang.(Thanks to al of the mid life crisis drivers :p )

Cole Trickle
10-25-2005, 09:05 AM
The sad thing about the corvette [ ex vette owner here :coffeycup ] is it can't beat a 2000lbs cobra kit car that can be built for less than 30K cdn . Like this one ;)
Building a high HP Cobra kit car can be a lethal combination.Both on the road and on the driver.
Most Insurance companies are non renewing/not offering coverage for those cars anymore because the crash/fatality rate is so high.(Very dangerous in the wrong hands)
I love high HP Cobra kit cars but comparing that to a Corvette/Mustang with airbags and traction control is like comparing a butter knife to a stilleto.Your not going to drive the stilleto in the rain or two and from work daily.

spectras only
10-25-2005, 09:11 AM
[b] mid life crisis stereotype.(In my opinion this is what people say when they can't afford a nice car)
The nice thing about the vette is it's a butt load cheaper to insure than a V8 mustang.(Thanks to al of the mid life crisis drivers :p )
Since I had a few muscle cars , ie; 68 Charger , 68 Barracuda formula S , Challenger 340 Hurst , corvette when I was younger ,[ I'm getting a 68 327 soon :wink: ] just to name a few , I hope I don't fall into the midlife crisis category owning a Mustang :hammerhea :D
BTW I could afford a ZO6 if wanted one :wink:.Ps; Cole , my wife's friend won the lottery two years ago , and the reason she's buying a mustang because she likes it .You couldn't make her like a vette , period. :idea:

Cole Trickle
10-25-2005, 09:16 AM
[b]
Since I had a few muscle cars , ie; 68 Charger , 68 Barracuda formula S , Challenger 340 Hurst , corvette when I was younger ,[ I'm getting a 68 327 soon :wink: ] just to name a few , I hope I don't fall into the midlife crisis category owning a Mustang :hammerhea :D
BTW I could afford a ZO6 if wanted one :wink:
I like mustangs and have owned one in the past.
They make great work trucks :p
Thats a very impressive list of cars I bet you wish you had a couple of those back today!!$$$$
The new Z06 is way overkill unless it spends half of it's life on the track.

spectras only
10-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Thats a very impressive list of cars I bet you wish you had a couple of those back today!!$$$$
The only two I would like having still is the 68 Cuda 4spd convertible [only a few thou made ] and the 72 Challenger 4 spd with a unique feature that I've only seen in the mopar mags. I bought the car new with a Motorola casette stereo , 4 speakers and microphone with recording feature . According to the mags , they found one in the midwest that was bought and operated by undercover cops in the good ol' days :cool:

Sleek-Jet
10-25-2005, 11:55 AM
My buddy who owns this 06 GT has a 93 LX Notch 5 speed, sucker just has exhaust and intake, with EXTREME lightening and almost lifts the wheels off the ground, it ran a 13.4 at the track. Pretty damn good for only intake and exhaust. You are right, that car is fun as hell to drive, just RAW.
That's funny.... :D

pjones
10-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Me thinks the Mustang thread went askew.... :220v:

spectras only
10-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Me thinks too :rollside: . Lets look at some little old mustangs that could :wink: . Under 350 cu with potential :cool:
http://www.supercars.net/Comp?sourceList=706&CompList=706-717

pjones
10-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Anyone see Two Guys Garage this weekend?
They did a blower/custom tune by SCT and ended up
w/ 501 hp and 499 trq at the rear wheels. It was pretty impressive.
I misssed the very 1st of it so I don't if was an 05 or 06...

spectras only
10-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Missed it . Don't think there's an increase in power between 05-06 GT . We have a guy here with a Fox body street legal car that runs low 8's in the quarter at misssion raceway.
He invested ca 75K cdn into it. All black sleeper :cool: .

sintax
10-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I'd be happy to show him how much a GTO sucks =P I only have a handful of mods, but I have the LS1 not LS2 so that should make up for it ;)