PDA

View Full Version : SPAM: Ford 572 Stroker Runs On 87 Pump Gas

LakesOnly
10-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Up fo sale is this very beautiful 572 cubic inch pump gas engine:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350JBB572no2.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350JBB572no1.jpg
This 572 stroker engine is made up of 100% quality brand name parts, and also designed to run on just about any type of pump gas you feed it, including 87 octane pump gas.
SVO A460 block
4.600 bore
4.300 SCAT crank cast
6.800 eagle rods
JE pistons
Mech. cam flat tappet 270 In / 278 Ex at .050"
Weaver external oil pump
12QT oil pan
Professionally ported Blue Thunder heads (have flow sheets)
Sheet metal intake
Two Quick Fuel 1050 cfm Holley Dominator carbs
MSD dist and MSD 6AL box
Billet aluminum front cover
172 gpm mech fuel pump
Made 781 HP at 6100 rpm 750 FT LBS TQ 4900 rpm on pump gas
From scoop to oil pan this engine is ready to run. Very little run time.
$11500 complete or $9500/less induction system.
Those interested may contact Bob directly by clicking here (bob_hardison03@bellsouth.net)
LO

GofastRacer
10-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Nice!.. :cool:

steelcomp
10-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Wow..I haven't seen a Weaver pump on anything in a while. Nice looking motor. Interesting numbers.

Ralph Brunt
10-23-2005, 04:16 AM
Wow Lakes it's nice to see some ford stuff every now and then. Unfortunately i would have to give my first born and sell my boat to afford such a nice peice of iron. But us Ford guys are well aware of this fact. LOL ralph

dmontzsta
10-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Nice FORD power there!

MESA BALANCING
10-23-2005, 08:27 AM
tha's an awsome piece you have there good luck

'78 gt boat
10-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Although very sweet it won't fit in my $5k budget. Lakes, pm me if you have another available or if we can put something together for around the $5k mark. I am ready to pull the trigger now and have more $ to play with than before. I need to incorporate a good ignition with rev limiter with the motor for the $. Let me know. :chi:

LakesOnly
10-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Lakes, pm me if you have another available or if we can put something together for around the $5k mark. I am ready to pull the trigger now and have more $ to play with than before. I need to incorporate a good ignition with rev limiter with the motor for the $. Let me know. :chi:GT,
We've free'd up a lot of space in the shop/built and sold off a lot of motors. At this time, I'd have to dip into my personal stash of parts, but since I have plenty/more than I need...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350PartsStash2.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350PartsStash1.jpg
...putting together a long block for you can be done. (This is just one parts location of mine; my boat storage and other residence has LOTS more stuff :rolleyes: , so I can stand to let some of my personal parts go....) In actuality, the C9VE-B block is for sale (the one above with the timing cover on it) and it has had some great oiling mods done all over the block, both drain back and the galleries sending oil upstream. Plenty of D0VE heads, too, ready to be ported. 5K could build you one hell of a motor, and frankly for a longblock from us, you might not need to spend that much (depends on components, etc.).
I'll PM you my number,
LO
P.s.: Hey Herc! What did you call my living room again???? :D

GofastRacer
10-23-2005, 07:39 PM
We've free'd up a lot of space in the shop/built and sold off a lot of motors.
Well now Paul, now that you "free'd" up all this space, does that mean you're going to add on an "FE" division!?.. :D

dmontzsta
10-24-2005, 06:04 AM
Paul,
I was just looking at your timing cover. How does it mount on a V-Drive? Usually there are legs coming off the timing cover for V-Drives. They sit on the rail kit and you have a L bracket that bolts to them.

LakesOnly
10-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Well now Paul, now that you "free'd" up all this space, does that mean you're going to add on an "FE" division!?.. :D
We have almost fully eliminated all the spare FE stuff from the shop. 'Cept for those damn C8AE-H heads. Can't give those things away. In fact, I have a set of C8AE-H heads that I'll gladly send you for the cost of shipping. Anyone can have them for the shipping cost or can pick them up; Gofast gets first right of refusal.
http://home.earthlink.net/~kanellakos/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/3c8ae1.jpg
More pic's available (via PM) upon request.
LO
p.s. We do have a 428 FE we're going through right now. I'm not sure but I don't think it has been sold yet.

waterloged
10-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Lakes,
What 385 Heads do you have that you would like to sell ? Looking to build moter for a runner bottom.

dmontzsta
10-26-2005, 05:32 PM
This motor is sure bitchen.

GofastRacer
10-26-2005, 07:25 PM
We have almost fully eliminated all the spare FE stuff from the shop. 'Cept for those damn C8AE-H heads. Can't give those things away. In fact, I have a set of C8AE-H heads that I'll gladly send you for the cost of shipping. Anyone can have them for the shipping cost or can pick them up; Gofast gets first right of refusal.
http://home.earthlink.net/~kanellakos/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/3c8ae1.jpg
More pic's available (via PM) upon request.
LO
p.s. We do have a 428 FE we're going through right now. I'm not sure but I don't think it has been sold yet.
Paul, can't remember been too long but aren't those later 390 heads with the smaller intake ports???, not like the mid 60's with the ports like the low risers!.. :confused:

GofastRacer
10-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Paul,
I was just looking at your timing cover. How does it mount on a V-Drive? Usually there are legs coming off the timing cover for V-Drives. They sit on the rail kit and you have a L bracket that bolts to them.
What's a v-drive have to do with it, mounts the same on anything you just make a plate!.. :smile:

dave186
10-26-2005, 07:36 PM
what would shipping on those heads run? my area code is 83676. i need a set for my ol pickup truck. actually the ol pickup would really like that 572, but it will just have to keep dreamin.

LakesOnly
10-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Lakes,
What 385 Heads do you have that you would like to sell ? Looking to build moter for a runner bottom.
In iron, I have C8's, C9's, D0's, D3's, drilled and non-drilled. Anywhere from bare castings to fully prepped and ready to bolt-on. I also have a set of SCJ's but they are mid-surgery and I intend to get them on a bench and into a cell before I decapitate the motor and sell them seperatley.
In aluminum, I have access to any TFS or Motorsport head you may need, from bare casting to fully assembled.
I'll PM you my number and we can talk about your build & budget.
LO

LakesOnly
10-26-2005, 08:00 PM
what would shipping on those heads run? my area code is 83676. i need a set for my ol pickup truck. actually the ol pickup would really like that 572, but it will just have to keep dreamin.
From me to you, FedEx looks like $17-$20 per head (I forget actual weight per head, but $40 MAX for both heads, my garantee to you). More Info...Check your PM's
LO

LakesOnly
10-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Paul, can't remember been too long but aren't those later 390 heads with the smaller intake ports???, not like the mid 60's with the ports like the low risers!.. :confused:These are dime-a-dozen 390 heads. They make GREAT door stops.
LO

GofastRacer
10-26-2005, 08:21 PM
These are dime-a-dozen 390 heads. They make GREAT door stops.
LO
Thanks, that's what I thought just wanted to make sure, I'll pass on those thanks for thinking about me though, I appreciate it!.. :cool:

LakesOnly
10-26-2005, 09:26 PM
I'd like to point out the superb workmanship on this sheetmetal intake. Get a good look:
http://home.earthlink.net/~385series/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jbbobsintake1.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~385series/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jbbobsintake2.jpg
Note in the above photo that the runners are curved, they are tapered, they are canted, and they are not stacked pieces; each runner is made from one piece of carefully formed sheet metal. Look at the underside of the runners (above photo) and you'll get the picture.
The amount of thought and engineering--AND craftsmanship--that went into this particular intake is astounding. It took more than one attempt at forming each runner to get precisely what was desired for each specific runner on this intake. The approach is innovative to say the least. And it works.
LO
p.s. Pump Gas Engine!

steelcomp
10-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought just wanted to make sure, I'll pass on those thanks for thinking about me though, I appreciate it!.. :cool:Art, are you looking for FE heads??

steelcomp
10-26-2005, 09:41 PM
I'd like to point out the superb workmanship on this sheetmetal intake. Get a good look:
http://home.earthlink.net/~385series/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jbbobsintake1.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~385series/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/jbbobsintake2.jpg
Note in the above photo that the runners are curved, they are tapered, they are canted, and they are not stacked pieces; each runner is made from one piece of carefully formed sheet metal. Look at the underside of the runners (above photo) and you'll get the picture.
The amount of thought and engineering--AND craftsmanship--that went into this particular intake is astounding. It took more than one attempt at forming each runner to get precisely what was desired for each specific runner on this intake. The approach is innovative to say the least. And it works.
LO
p.s. Pump Gas Engine!That's a nice piece, for sure.
Wilson does the same thing, only with a billet and a cnc. Bending them is the only way to get the runner length you need, and not have them cross or intersect eachother. It's been a long standing problem with sheet metal tunnel ram intakes.

GofastRacer
10-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Art, are you looking for FE heads??
Not especially, it's more for someone I know, you have any????..

Danhercules
10-28-2005, 02:59 PM
P.s.: Hey Herc! What did you call my living room again???? :D
That would be the High Flow Dynamics SHIPPING DEPT!!!!!!! LMFAO

RiverRacer
11-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Up fo sale is this very beautiful 572 cubic inch pump gas engine:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350JBB572no2.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350JBB572no1.jpg
This 572 stroker engine is made up of 100% quality brand name parts, and also designed to run on just about any type of pump gas you feed it, including 87 octane pump gas.
LO
Very nice! Was this built by Charly Evans and friends Paul, or by you and your shop?? RR

LakesOnly
11-03-2005, 12:28 PM
RR,
This engine is listed for my friend, Bob. We did not build it, it was built by Lem, Charlie and Bob, assembled in Bob's shop and dyno'd on a DTS in town. Bob had this motor in one of his jet boats, sold the boat and kept the engine. Now the engine is not being put to use, so it is up for sale. (Bob pilots Lem's drag boat, so he will not be needing this engine.)
Bob only recently got a computer in his shop, set himself up with email, etc but is still getting up to speed on html, etc. He asked me if I would list it for him and so I put it on 4 different forums. Racing Junk is probably next, although I think as a pump gas engine it has a very broad applicaton. Swap pistons and cam, though, and this motor could conceivably hit 1000HP.
Here is an excerpt that Charlie added to one of my posts:
"Well, Let Me Add that Lem, Bob and myself built the engine and dyno tested it. The Blue Thunder "B" heads are ported and flowed by me and they have excellent mid-lift flow numbers and very good peak numbers also. The intakes flow 380 cfm @ .750" valve lift, and that is the average of all 8 cylinders, not just the best numbers from the one best cylinder. The exhausts flow a peak of 280 cfm @ .750" valve lift WITHOUT a test pipe. Of course they would flow about 25 -30 cfm with a test pipe. Again that's the average of all 8 cylinders.
This engine is a 87 octane pump gas engine, not a marginal 92 octane. It runs very strong on 87 octane also! All the parts were new when we built the engine, including the FRPP SVO A-460 block with the siamesed cylinder bores and wide 4 bolt main caps. It has very little run time and it was in Bob's jet boat. He sold the boat without engine and now he doesn't need the engine. That's the reason for selling. You won't make a mistake buying this bad boy!"
This engine is located in western Kentucky but may be hand delivered depending on location, or even shipped (I personally just received an engine shipped from there and it arrived in perfect shape/just as packed.)
This engine is available also as less carbs & intake, less external pump, as a longblock, etc for a reduced price.
As in the original post, those interested may contact Bob directly by clicking here (bob_hardison03@bellsouth.net)
LO

LakesOnly
11-24-2005, 07:46 PM
This motor may be available to prospective buyers at a reduced price where:
the buyer may want the longblock but not the marine pan/headers/etc.
the marine parts may be offered seperately as well, such as the motor plates, front cover, pan and headers as a package.
the complete engine less tunnel ram & carbs.
the tunnel ram, carbs and scoop.
At this time, Bob is not interested in parting out the motor by selling off single, individual parts (such as the front motor plate, or the timing cover, etc.). Only complete systems, please.
Seriously interested parties email Bob directly by clicking
here (bob_hardison03@bellsouth.net)
LO