PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sold there boat on e-bay?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Thinkin of doing it with the Baja.
Any good or bad stories?

blown428fe
10-22-2005, 07:53 PM
I sold one on ebay. The first guy backed out but I made 100.00 off him from the deposit. Ran it again and everything went smooth.

Creator
10-22-2005, 07:56 PM
We tried, got a lot of interest and tons of e-mails but no one came close to the reserve.
Shortly after the auction I recieved a message asking about my boat in another listing at a lower price. The guy gave me a link to the other "ad" which was all bs. The link took me to a sight that didn't work other than installing a virus onto my PC. I wrote him back and told him thanks for the virus and the boat was not listed anywhere else. Then received a message from the same user stating he never wrote me. Shortly after that I started getting messages from other users telling me that they didn't have there items listed anywhere else and the link I gave them was no good. Some how the guy that wrote me first snatched my user name and was asking questions to other users under my name and sending them to the "virus site". It took 3 days to get my account back to normal. Just be careful if you get a message asking about your boat listed for less on another site....It's BS!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-22-2005, 08:34 PM
We tried, got a lot of interest and tons of e-mails but no one came close to the reserve.
Shortly after the auction I recieved a message asking about my boat in another listing at a lower price. The guy gave me a link to the other "ad" which was all bs. The link took me to a sight that didn't work other than installing a virus onto my PC. I wrote him back and told him thanks for the virus and the boat was not listed anywhere else. Then received a message from the same user stating he never wrote me. Shortly after that I started getting messages from other users telling me that they didn't have there items listed anywhere else and the link I gave them was no good. Some how the guy that wrote me first snatched my user name and was asking questions to other users under my name and sending them to the "virus site". It took 3 days to get my account back to normal. Just be careful if you get a message asking about your boat listed for less on another site....It's BS!
That is the crap I am worried about.

welk2party
10-22-2005, 08:56 PM
That is the crap I am worried about.
I would be interested in knowing if this happens a lot myself. Thinking of placing an ad for my boat too.

bilgewiper
10-22-2005, 09:06 PM
2 weeks ago I sold my old truck on e-bay with no problems whatsover. Just be clear on what the "final" cost to you the seller will be. Both e-bay and paypal (if you use it for payment) take a "commission" when you do sell it.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-23-2005, 07:45 AM
I would be interested in knowing if this happens a lot myself. Thinking of placing an ad for my boat too.
I find it hard to believe that you would need to e-bay this boat!! Those sell like hot cakes if they are priced right!

RealityBoatCo
10-23-2005, 08:12 AM
I have bought 3 boats on ebay, 2 of them I won after the high bidder retracted his bid.

Aqua Boogie1
10-23-2005, 08:24 AM
I've sold two on there..........Actually a buyer is picking the second one up today. You just basically have to be super clear in what you want and clear about the boat.