PDA

View Full Version : Tom's new neighbor?

BoatPI
10-23-2005, 07:21 AM
Well a few months ago the Canucks and I had an HB discussion about living in Canmore, Alberta.
Well I made the plunge last weekend and purchased a place under construction in Canmore. Nope, not intending to live there full time as it was about to snow one day last week. Way too cold for me. But I am trying to figure how to launch a jet boat on the glacier fed Bow River.
If you HB folks have never visited this place on vacation, I strongly suggest that you do so. It is one hour outside of Calgary.
I'll be at the Stampede this year so anyone planning on attending PM me and u can join me for a cocktail on the deck overlooking the mountains.
Posting a photo in my photo section today.

OGShocker
10-23-2005, 07:58 AM
I hear it's nice! :cool: Congrat's!!!

Kim Hanson
10-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Well a few months ago the Canucks and I had an HB discussion about living in Canmore, Alberta.
Well I made the plunge last weekend and purchased a place under construction in Canmore. Nope, not intending to live there full time as it was about to snow one day last week. Way too cold for me. But I am trying to figure how to launch a jet boat on the glacier fed Bow River.
If you HB folks have never visited this place on vacation, I strongly suggest that you do so. It is one hour outside of Calgary.
I'll be at the Stampede this year so anyone planning on attending PM me and u can join me for a cocktail on the deck overlooking the mountains.
Posting a photo in my photo section today.
I think the only way you are going to launch it on the river is if is a Tin Boat..........( . )( . )........I have went down it before ( Rob Chrunyck spelling ? )and its pretty cool. I live about 6hrs. away from Calgary! :D

BoatPI
10-23-2005, 05:24 PM
I know that is seriously COLD water from Lake Louise. Just not that 83 degree Havasu stuff. Needless to say the bike trails and views are endless. This lot is one block off of Main St and 1/2 block to the Bow. I'll post the time I will be up at the Stampede. Kim so u must be in Edmonton or up in Ft Mc Murray?

Kim Hanson
10-23-2005, 09:05 PM
I know that is seriously COLD water from Lake Louise. Just not that 83 degree Havasu stuff. Needless to say the bike trails and views are endless. This lot is one block off of Main St and 1/2 block to the Bow. I'll post the time I will be up at the Stampede. Kim so u must be in Edmonton or up in Ft Mc Murray?
My parents live in Sherwood Park--Edmonton, I live in Lloydminster about 2.5 hrs from Edmonton! I lived in Red Deer for a little while the work just wasn't there, the placed was the best though, Sylvan Lake is our baby Lake Havasu in the summer...........( . )( . ).......

Boy Named Sue
10-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Jeez, I thought Tom's new neighbor would be the microscopic kind.
Boy is my face red...

Kim Hanson
10-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Jeez, I thought Tom's new neighbor would be the microscopic kind.
Boy is my face red...
It should be, Tom is in the Wheat Belt of Saskatchewan............( . )( . )........about 15~16 hrs. away from Canmore! :cool:

BoatPI
10-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Hey Regina is a cool town if you like slooooooow farmer drivers. And yes Kim I have water skied on Sylvan and more recently Lac St Anne. But not quite ready for a splash into the Bow.