PDA

View Full Version : 27 Sabrecat owners

Supultlbich
10-23-2005, 04:06 PM
We are in the process of selling our 24 NuEra and are leaning toward the 27 Sabrecat, with the walk through set up. Just looking for some feedback on the ride, wind, storage, ect. Definetly staying with Lavey, just considering the different configurations. We have two children under the age of three and that plays into it. Thakns, Sean.

Kilrtoy
10-23-2005, 05:03 PM
We would go with the closed bow. More storage room place for the kids to get out of the sun and from what I have been told, cats ride better in the closed bow version.

Supultlbich
10-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Thats interesting, does that have something to do with weight distibution as it relates to the ride?

Creator
10-23-2005, 05:38 PM
We don't own one but have ridden in them sevral times at mead during the regattas. Great riding boat, very comfortable and very roomy for a cat. It is written up in powerboat this month as one of the 15 for under 80k. It came out as the fastest boat in the test. It ran 75.4 on gps with a 496ho.

Goodtime$
10-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Bagging the boat is awesome, saves weight and runs hard with mild power. The #1 consideration in a family open bow is make sure the open bow seating is safe and deep. No one will argue that Lavey builds one of the nicest West Coast Boats.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2142Orion_Bow.jpg

Boozer
10-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Thats interesting, does that have something to do with weight distibution as it relates to the ride?
I'd like to know more about this as well. I've always preffered open bow to closed bow because of the additional seating. On big family outtings we cram 7-8 people on board and the additional seating provided by the open bow really comes in handy. I preffer the look of a closed bow but the practicality of the open bow has always made it worth for me.

phebus
10-23-2005, 06:49 PM
The added weight of an open bow will cut your speed by 1-2 mph I have heard. Unless your going for a real high performance setup, I would prefer function of the open bow over the small speed loss. It's nice to be able to get the little one's, and their friends out of the cockpit with you at times.

SDLifesaver
10-23-2005, 07:09 PM
It has been my experience as a Howard owner that I don't know anything about Lavey Craft. That Lavey Sabre is a good looking boat. I don't think I have ever seen an open bow model. My suggestion would be go ride in it and make your opinions based on that.

LAVEYSABRE575
10-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Open bow adds about 300 lbs. to front Ill be out in havasu this wkend. if you want a ride. I also know were theres a really nice used one for sale pm me if you need info on it ....derek

Supultlbich
10-24-2005, 05:00 AM
Open bow adds about 300 lbs. to front Ill be out in havasu this wkend. if you want a ride. I also know were theres a really nice used one for sale pm me if you need info on it ....derek
Thanks for the offer, but no can do this weekend. I know the only true test is to actualy ride in and drive the boat itself, but folks here tend not to be to far off with their evaluations. Jeff is setting something up for us as we speak, so time will tell.

roln 20s
10-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Personally, I absolutely love this boat. I am a big fan of the cuddy/opens in all boats--give you a little room to get out of the sun plus tons of room up front. Here is a pic (sorry its huge) of one of the newer 27 Sabres from the Regatta that I took as an onlooker. Beautiful boat.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5544Laveysabre.JPG
Roln 20s

6 Dollar Boat
10-24-2005, 08:01 AM
I love my 27 Sabrecat. I prefer the closed bow, but that's a pesonal choice. You have to do what's best for you. The boat is very fun to drive, and everyone who goes for a ride on it comments on how solid the boat feals in rough water...
PS: Buy Dereks, it's BEAUTIFUL, just dont cut a hole in that one... :D :D :D

LAVEYSABRE575
10-24-2005, 08:22 AM
whats up 6 dollar, are you headed up this wkend......

6 Dollar Boat
10-24-2005, 08:41 AM
whats up 6 dollar, are you headed up this wkend......
I may make a trip in Nov. I can't make it this weekend, I'll be in Colorado on vacation... :mad: :D :D :D

LAVEYSABRE575
10-24-2005, 08:44 AM
nice thing about it, we have year around boating oct. and nov. are my favorite months for havi...derek

SDLifesaver
10-24-2005, 08:52 AM
That's a good looking boat. The lines remind me of a small Skater.

Supultlbich
10-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Personally, I absolutely love this boat. I am a big fan of the cuddy/opens in all boats--give you a little room to get out of the sun plus tons of room up front. Here is a pic (sorry its huge) of one of the newer 27 Sabres from the Regatta that I took as an onlooker. Beautiful boat.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5544Laveysabre.JPG
Roln 20s
That boat is absolutley gorgeous, its sitting in the showroom right now. Full hydraulic steering, 525/XR, the works. That is the boat that made my wife get off the Vee train!! (well atleast one foot is off!!) I might have to cut the other one off :) Dont quote me but I think they want somewhere around 100k for it. It wont be there long I suspect. Nice to see the owner of the company rollin in style at the regatta!!

Kilrtoy
10-24-2005, 11:13 AM
That boat is absolutley gorgeous, its sitting in the showroom right now. Full hydraulic steering, 525/XR, the works. That is the boat that made my wife get off the Vee train!! (well atleast one foot is off!!) I might have to cut the other one off :) Dont quote me but I think they want somewhere around 100k for it. It wont be there long I suspect. Nice to see the owner of the company rollin in style at the regatta!!
Sounds like a good price, what a bout Repeat buyer, that should help some...
Good luck

Supultlbich
10-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Sounds like a good price, what a bout Repeat buyer, that should help some...
Good luck
I agree, but I told myself I wouldnt get near that number, better start talking to myself again. Shit!!

roln 20s
10-24-2005, 08:55 PM
That sounds like a steal...and was a drop dead gorgeous boat in person. Its only MONEY...or in most people's case--the Bank's MONEY-hehe :)