PDA

View Full Version : New turbo kits?

Paulie
05-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Is there anyone that makes them? It seems that it is very hard to track down the older kits so does anyone know?
thanks
SM

obnoxious001
05-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Carson Brummett in Pasadena, CA now owns Gentry. I am not sure if Richard Lee is still selling his kits.

SHIFTY
05-11-2006, 08:54 PM
AzMandella GAVE Carson THE THUMBS UP, AND HE KNOWS HIS STUFF. HE DID SAY YOU WILL PAY THE BIG BUCKS, THOUGH...

obnoxious001
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
AzMandella GAVE Carson THE THUMBS UP, AND HE KNOWS HIS STUFF. HE DID SAY YOU WILL PAY THE BIG BUCKS, THOUGH...
Right, but it is the real deal. I have known Carson for about 40 years,, guess that kind of dates me. I may have a friend who has a Gentry kit he would sell, I sold mine last year. I also have a 505 cu in long block with the "good(non-Chinese)" parts if you are looking to build a turbo engine.

LD Mandella
05-12-2006, 08:55 AM
I don't know where you are located, but for what it is worth Eddie Mcpheeters from Eddies Inboard in Tucson got a carburated set-up from Carson for me and built the motor and necessary hardware for the retro fit. This was alot of work but it turned out beautiful. Eddies Dad use to crew for Lou Brummett and was a Mandella dealer so there is alot of history there. Feel free to give Ed a buzz if you have questions about whats involved.( 520-400-1423 ) The set-ups differ greatly if you want it under a hatch as opposed to open. Here is a pic of my deal below.

LD Mandella
05-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Here are a couple pics of the project complete.

Paulie
05-16-2006, 06:30 PM
wow looks good looks like a bunch of $$$ haha thanks for the help guys

beerjet
05-17-2006, 08:37 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13677
did ady-do handle the plumbing on that thing . JESUS !

LD Mandella
05-18-2006, 08:26 AM
I don't know who ady-do is but Ed did the majority of the plumbing and I picked up the slack, ther are some unique one off pieces to clean it up as well, i.e. the manifold on the back of the intercooler was made from stainless tube and fittings machined down and then welded together so we could get two #12 fittings into one #16 fitting down to the oil cooler without some goofy brass t flopping around, Ed made the exhaust from scratch as well and I have never seen a nicer job, he had an engineer friend familiar with fluid dynamics calculate the required hole size at the end and top of the exhaust for the water dump so that the jacket would remain completely flooded yet not restrict flow, they took into account fitting size in and the amount of drop to the end, every inch of the exhaust is within a few degrees in temp while running down the lake,( I had my hands on it ) I could go on, Ed did an excellent job on this project start to finish.

beerjet
05-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Ed did an excellent job on this project start to finish.
And it looks like it , real slick with the engineer figerin it all out!
absolutly awsome!
-beerjet-

billet racing 1
05-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Thats the exact set up I have. Running a 496 chevy in a 21' Daytona.
I have an over the transom exhaust set up. Double tubed it, with the water lines running on the outer tube. Keeps the exhaust unrestricted. Wanting to run it throu the transom for a little noise reduction. I like your setup.
Jerry

msmeads1
05-20-2006, 06:10 PM
when it comes to marine turbo charged engines, no one is better or more respected than Carson.
If you want the best, he is the real deal. :)

LD Mandella
05-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the kind words, I am real happy so far and Carson is indeed the bomb.