PDA

View Full Version : School bands Non student dates to prom after failing background checks...

YeLLowBoaT
05-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/wcvb/20060509/lo_wcvb/3455946)
So a school distrct in Cape Cod, for the 1st time did back ground checks for non students attending SR prom. 6 of the applacants did not pass the back ground check so will not be aloud to attend.( they already have to submit info b4 the prom about thier non dates) So now the familys are getting toegther and sueing over it. I really don't see anything wrong with the back ground checks. I mean in CA you have to be finger printed( Life scan), TB test, and a background check, B4 you even get close to a kid. I see nothing wrong with a school district doing the same thing to protect its students for ADULTS, That would like to attend a School function. The other side of this is....
What kind of Parent would let thier teenager go on a date with some that a Criminal Record? I Sure as hell would not...

SHIFTY
05-11-2006, 08:38 PM
LUCKY FOR YOU THEY're NOT CHECKING SPELLING AND GRAMMAR...

SHIFTY
05-11-2006, 08:52 PM
I APOLOGIZE FOR MY REMARK, Yellowboat... I DIDN't REALIZE YOU WERE THE GUY WITH THE "MAKE IT HAP'n, CAP'n" STORY. THAT's A FUGGIN WINNER, I DON't CARE WHO YA ARE :p

YeLLowBoaT
05-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Is a 20 year old kid that's been dating the same girl for five years and was charged with minor in possession of alcohol really a criminal? Just something to think about. I don't think any of the students are hooked up with recently paroled felons. At least I hope not. ;)
It was pot not booze. And yes that does make him Criminal, I would not hire if that came back in his Background check. It would also stop him from getting a job working at the school...Or volunteering for that matter.

GMFL
05-11-2006, 09:38 PM
School Bands?
Is this some sort of "You Got Served" type thingy? :crossx:

superdave013
05-12-2006, 04:19 AM
It was pot not booze. And yes that does make him Criminal, I would not hire if that came back in his Background check. It would also stop him from getting a job working at the school...Or volunteering for that matter.
So you never smoked a little pot when you were in Highschool?
Or were you just luck enough to not get caught with it?

mike37
05-12-2006, 05:09 AM
Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/wcvb/20060509/lo_wcvb/3455946)
So a school distrct in Cape Cod, for the 1st time did back ground checks for non students attending SR prom. 6 of the applacants did not pass the back ground check so will not be aloud to attend.( they already have to submit info b4 the prom about thier non dates) So now the familys are getting toegther and sueing over it. I really don't see anything wrong with the back ground checks. I mean in CA you have to be finger printed( Life scan), TB test, and a background check, B4 you even get close to a kid. I see nothing wrong with a school district doing the same thing to protect its students for ADULTS, That would like to attend a School function. The other side of this is....
What kind of Parent would let thier teenager go on a date with some that a Criminal Record? I Sure as hell would not...
I have no problem with the school doing background checks
but the one kid in the story you posted looks to be just a dumb kid that got busted with pot yes its illegal but its a very minor thing and not a baning offense

NorCal Gameshow
05-12-2006, 05:39 AM
$700.00 already spent? "I bought a dress, purse, shawl so I don't get cold," she said. :jawdrop:

YeLLowBoaT
05-12-2006, 06:40 AM
So you never smoked a little pot when you were in Highschool?
Or were you just luck enough to not get caught with it?
Nope never smoked pot. Never had a desire to.

CBadDad
05-12-2006, 08:54 AM
So, you're saying that you bought that yellow and brown boat while you WERE NOT high on dope? :p :D :D
ROTFLMAO!!!

YeLLowBoaT
05-12-2006, 09:00 AM
So, you're saying that you bought that yellow and brown boat while you WERE NOT high on dope? :p :D :D
White with Yellow.... Underneath that it was sliver and gold metal flake gel.....