PDA

View Full Version : Drug test help please!!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-24-2005, 07:20 PM
I busted someone close to me smoking speed. I guess it is really popular in the 20 somthing age. It is one of my best freinds kids and has agreed to quit and be tested by me every week so I dont tell on her. I hear there are pills and drinks that can flush it out so the tests won't be accurate. I need help with that part first. Where do you buy them? Which do I buy? Any other help would be greatly appretiated.

Kilrtoy
10-24-2005, 07:23 PM
SPEED KILLS. and it does it very fast
If you really care for her, you will tell her parents and help the parents cope with this. DO NOT COVER THIS UP....
It is not like you caught her smoking a J or drinking a beer, This is serious....

bunny 166
10-24-2005, 07:25 PM
I busted someone close to me smoking speed. I guess it is really popular in the 20 somthing age. It is one of my best freinds kids and has agreed to quit and be tested by me every week so I dont tell on her. I hear there are pills and drinks that can flush it out so the tests won't be accurate. I need help with that part first. Where do you buy them? Which do I buy? Any other help would be greatly appretiated.
Mikey, why is it your responsibility to test her every week? I know you are trying to be the good guy, but maybe you should tell her folks....I'm sure you care alot about her, and the parents may have some resentment toward you when they find out you knew and didn't tell them...As a parent, I would want to know.... :notam:

phebus
10-24-2005, 07:28 PM
There comes a time when being friends is not the best way to go. It's called tough love, and in the long run, she will learn to appreciate everything you did for her.

JetBoatRich
10-24-2005, 07:30 PM
One of your best friend's kid :mad:
That is a tough call, your post ask about testing :rolleyes: but there is more to the problem that needs to be addressed and how to help :mad:

Mohave Vice
10-24-2005, 07:31 PM
PLEASE tell her parents. That shit is deadly. People do OD on that stuff and I'd hate to see this happen to her.

Caribbean Jet
10-24-2005, 07:34 PM
PLEASE tell her parents. That shit is deadly. People do OD on that stuff and I'd hate to see this happen to her.
I agree, you should tell her parents. It might be tough and you may even get resistnce from your friend, but if it ever came back and they found out that you knew it could be worse.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-24-2005, 07:38 PM
I want to tell her parents but I think the mom will not be able to handle it and the boyfreind will end up in a ditch. May not be a bad thing but I would hate to see my freind in trouble. I think I caught her at an early stage and can be fixed quick. I dont know. I guess I have to ask around and call some re-habs and ask them. Thanks for all the quick input.

Supultlbich
10-24-2005, 07:38 PM
SPEED KILLS. and it does it very fast
If you really care for her, you will tell her parents and help the parents cope with this. DO NOT COVER THIS UP....
It is not like you caught her smoking a J or drinking a beer, This is serious....
I agree. If you caught the person, then force them to get help. You will feel worse if it happens again and someone gets hurt. I understand the human factor and wanting to trust that people want to do the right thing, but I have learned over the years that even though people make a conscious choice to use a drug in the first place, the power of addiction is a mental struggle that few can beat.
Sometimes, the right thing isnt always the easy thing to do, but in this case I dont think you have much of a choice.
Just my .02
Good Luck

Kilrtoy
10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I want to tell her parents but I think the mom will not be able to handle it and the boyfreind will end up in a ditch. May not be a bad thing but I would hate to see my freind in trouble. I think I caught her at an early stage and can be fixed quick. I dont know. I guess I have to ask around and call some re-habs and ask them. Thanks for all the quick input.
The early stages of speed is prior to the first time...
This is not weed, this is a life and death drug and it happens quick, Tell her mom and help her cope with it....

bunny 166
10-24-2005, 07:44 PM
The boyfriend,as in her boyfriend? If he got her into it, he belongs in a ditch anyway...The mom will not be able to handle it if she dies and you knew she was smoking and didn't tell her...It will suck, there's no doubt about it, but you gotta do it. You are the girls' ADULT friend, not her "friend", and you should not have to be stuck in the middle...I feel for you Mikey--Hope it all works out. You are being a good friend by telling the truth out of love for her and her Mom....

Kilrtoy
10-24-2005, 07:50 PM
BEFORE
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111cjtheresabaxterbefore.jpg
AFTER
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111cjtheresabaxterafter.jpg

H20 Toie
10-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Dam Kilr you sure have a way of making a point.

steelcomp
10-24-2005, 07:55 PM
Mom and boyfriend??? There's WAY more to this problem that you can fix quick. I wouldn't give a you know what about the boyfriend. Mom and Dad need to know, and now. This girl has some serious problems.
Just my .02

coolchange
10-24-2005, 08:07 PM
From your "best friend" s POV- If I found out MY daughter was goin down that road and you knew and didn't tell me.....
Also she's an adult and doesn't have to answer to anyone but herself and the law. I applaud your concern and need to help but I don't really think you're equiped to handle this one and would want the best for her. My Dos Equis

phebus
10-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Bottom line- you truly are a good friend getting involved. I'm sure you will make a difference in her life.

Boatcop
10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Want More?
http://www.hinckleydrug.com/images/MethJunkie.jpg

BadKachina
10-24-2005, 08:15 PM
What he said..........Tell the parents, I would want to know if it was my kid.

Dusty Times
10-24-2005, 08:18 PM
If it is ever one of my kids (a pray to God it never is) Please tell me so I can stop it before it goes any farther than it already has.

rrrr
10-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Dang, you are playing with fire. Are you sure you want to have this girl's future (and life) in the palm of your hand?
Do the right thing. Tell her mom.

DAVEO
10-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Look at it this way....
Your not telling on her you are saving her life! Get her mother invoved.

shadow
10-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Mike,Hats off to you for your concern.Maybe make a few calls to some professionals for opions,look at the opinions here and make a decision.
As a parent i would want to know imediately.You can involve the the parents and then stand by for support.Good luck whatever you decide.

core attitude
10-24-2005, 08:45 PM
It is one of my best freinds kids
This is a two way street.....keep it that way by putting yourself in your friend's shoes. Then, illustrate the “best friend” aspect by supporting the mother as everyone who knows and cares about this young lady helps to save her life. This is a very difficult thing to do alone or with the help of only one other person. I would think that this young lady's peers aren't going to support her stopping as they are most likely the one's who got her started. Relieve yourself of the burden that isn't yours to shoulder and support those who's right it is. Everyone involved will respect and appreciate that in the end.

Red Horse
10-25-2005, 03:32 AM
I would hate to get blindsided by this. Betray of trust by one is bad enough, but two close "family" members. I would tell the parents and then help them deal with it. That is my opinion of "best friends". :cool:
THere might be some underlying things we all dont know about, but from the surface, you gotta tell your friend.

topless
10-25-2005, 03:43 AM
I didn't read all the comments but from what i understand, it only stays in the system for 3 days. I could be wrong because this is just here say. She needs real help and DAMN those pictures are horrible.

purrfecttremor
10-25-2005, 07:21 AM
Kilrtoy is right SPEED KILLS and doe's not discriminate.Believe Me Ive it seen first hand!!!! Please tell Her Mom.You have no choice!!

boater72
10-25-2005, 07:26 AM
If it were my son or daughter I would want to know. And if I found out after the fact that you knew and did not let me know I would be very mad. That's the way I feel someone else might feel different. Either way speed will kill and bring you down to your lowest level.

riverbound
10-25-2005, 07:38 AM
I agree..the parents need to know. It might be dificult for the mom, but in the long run she will pull through. but this is definitely not something you want to hide...plus there are things thst you can purchase and drink to skew the results...some are readily available at GNC and rite-aid. some of the others are mail order. Good luck with the situation but I can tell you that she want stay off the stuff by giving her word and regular testing, she will just find a way around the testing. She needs help!

callbob4homes
10-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Those pics that Kilr and boatcop posted are right on. That is exactly what happens. I was booking (a few years back) a lady in to our county jail, when one of the other officers asked me how old I thought she was. I looked up at her and quickly answered late 60 early 70. She was 48. Her daughter was already there and as a sad part to that, 2 years later found shot and stuffed into a working freezer by another druggie dipsh!t. ain't meth grand? Want to try to make a difference in her now? See if your local establishment is willing to let her visit. Do whatever it takes to get her off this sh!t NOW!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Again, I thank all of you for the opinions on this. I have two boys 4 and 9. I never really thought about how I would feel if it was one of mine. It is so hard to imagine. I need to make some calls.

sorry dog
10-25-2005, 07:55 AM
From what I've seen, drug tests seem to have a lot more hit and miss than what they claim, however rehab seems to be pretty consistent... in not working.
I had quite a few friends sent there in teen years - they usually came back with more contacts...but at the time the whole gig was joke to us. Yet, we have a lot of meth floating around these parts and I hear some pretty bad stories, so I view that differently than pot, cid, and coke. Kinda reminded me of when huffing paint and scotch guard was a big thing. I once had somebody offer me $100 for a can of the original scotch guard that had the "good" formula in it. I don't hear much about those folks anymore except for a few that die one way or another.

76ANTHONY
10-25-2005, 08:01 AM
tell the parent, its the right thing to do. maybe sit in on the conversation so she doesnt think you snitched her off, let her know it is you trying to help her and not being an ass and sniching, then show her these pics that boatcop and kilr are showing you. she needs help and this might put her on the right track, the mom will also want to help, if she loves her daughter, i would.....

victorfb
10-25-2005, 08:16 AM
I hear there are pills and drinks that can flush it out so the tests won't be accurate. I need help with that part first. Where do you buy them? Which do I buy? Any other help would be greatly appretiated.
i sure hope i am missreading this part. teaching her to cheat is the wrost thing you can do, although if she is doing the drug, she most likely allready knows all the tricks on how to cheat the tests too. if she is serious with her agreement with you to quit, then she will have to be serious with herself, and her parents. if i were in your situation, i would definatly inform her parants. atleast the father . he will know better on how to break the news to mom. please dont hesitate. as many have allready said, meth users go downhill very quikly. get her help before she splits. her boyfriend wont think twice on hiding her from her parants.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-25-2005, 08:29 AM
i sure hope i am missreading this part. teaching her to cheat is the wrost thing you can do, although if she is doing the drug, she most likely allready knows all the tricks on how to cheat the tests too. if she is serious with her agreement with you to quit, then she will have to be serious with herself, and her parents. if i were in your situation, i would definatly inform her parants. atleast the father . he will know better on how to break the news to mom. please dont hesitate. as many have allready said, meth users go downhill very quikly. get her help before she splits. her boyfriend wont think twice on hiding her from her parants.
Ya it did read wierd but you missread it. I don't want her to cheat me.

deltarat
10-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Don't you think that you owe it to your freind to tell her what you know. I know that if one of my freinds knew that my son or daughter was doing stuff like this and they didn't tell me, I would really have to question our freindship. The only thing you owe that kid is to tell her parents the truth so they can get help for their sick child. Don't even think you are going to save this child in someway by doing anything other telling her mom.

victorfb
10-25-2005, 08:35 AM
very cool. sounds like your a great friend to have. so many would turn a blind eye to the entire matter. good luck to you and especially her.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-25-2005, 08:39 AM
OK The parents are going to find out. Now I have to figure out how and when. I feel like an ass because I made a deal with her and now breaking it. It is not my style to go back on my word. This sucks.
Is smoking speed what you call crystal meth? I feel old. This week is sucky and it's only Monday!!

Dave C
10-25-2005, 08:45 AM
you're a good man!
OK The parents are going to find out. Now I have to figure out how and when. I feel like an ass because I made a deal with her and now breaking it. It is not my style to go back on my word. This sucks.
Is smoking speed what you call crystal meth? I feel old. This week is sucky and it's only Monday!!

bunny 166
10-25-2005, 08:45 AM
It's obvious you care for her and her mom alot...This is the best decision for everyone involved. I am so proud of you Mike--this is a very difficult situation, and you are being a true friend. Tell the Mom you are scared for the daughter....I'd spill it all, even the part about her wanting you to help her cover it up... There is going to be resentment on the daughters part, but right now you are trying to save this girls life...I am thinking of you and sending a little prayer your way... :clover: :clover:

Carnivalride
10-25-2005, 08:47 AM
It's just my opinion but if it were my kid I would want someone to tell me no matter how bad it would make me feel. I love my kids more than myself and if they were headed down the wrong path I need to do everything I can to change that as a parent. If you were really one of my friends I would expect YOU to tell me if it was one of my kids! If I found out later you knew and didn't tell it would probably ruin a friendship.
Sorry to be blunt but that just my honest .02, Good Luck.
Loren

Buster
10-25-2005, 08:49 AM
That is the right thing to do Mike. As a parent I could not imagine knowing another parent knew and did not tell me. If it ruins your freindship with her then o'well. She needs help now not a friend. There is a great program in SCV called ACTION and it is geared towards teens and young adults using drugs.
Best of luck. The week should get better for you....

76ANTHONY
10-25-2005, 08:49 AM
dont look at it like your going back on your word, that'll make you feel like crap. look at it like you saving her life, now how do you feel? really you are.
good luck and you are doing the right thing...

Hallett19
10-25-2005, 08:50 AM
why are you impeding on her good times ??? smoking speed is grrrrrrrreat !!!!

superdave013
10-25-2005, 08:53 AM
no need to drug test her. when all your stuff gets ripped off you know she's still using it!!
you should talk to her mom if she is that close. if not then you should STAY OUT OF IT.

deltarat
10-25-2005, 08:55 AM
I think that this is only decision you could have made, and I am happy you are going to do this. I had to tell my neighbor that his 6th grade son was smoking pot and drinking. It was very awkward and uncomfortable for me, and his wife was in complete denial that her baby boy could do something like that. We didn’t talk for about a month after that. When they started thinking about what I had told them, they started to notice some things that made the look a little deeper in to his life. What they found was that not only was their son doing these things, but so was their daughter. They have thanked me over and over for opening their eyes. I think in time your friends daughter will not only understand why you went back on your word, but as she starts watching her friends lives going to shit and the drugs taking them over she will probably thank you for saying something.

bunny 166
10-25-2005, 09:05 AM
BEFORE
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111cjtheresabaxterbefore.jpg
AFTER
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111cjtheresabaxterafter.jpg
Someone asked earlier....These pics are taken 2 1/2 years apart, and she is 42 years old. How sad....She also only has 4 teeth left, and she said they just crumble when she eats. There is more info if you Google "Faces of Meth"...pics of repeat offenders were snapped in Oregon...It is very depressing and scary... :frown:

Tremor Therapy
10-25-2005, 09:10 AM
As a parent of 3 teenage daughters, all I can give you is my opinion....tell me immediately!
Yes I may be angry at first, yes I may take some of my anger out on you...but you have my back, and that of my children, and after the initial anger, your concern for me and my family will be what I ultimately remember, and if anything it will strengthen our bonds.
Please tell her mom, this is a drug that destroys lives. Your concern is admirable to say the least. And you can still be there for back up and to help with the re-enforcement if you feel the need....but please get it out of the closet and out in the open. That will be the easiest way to combat it!

OGShocker
10-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Again, I thank all of you for the opinions on this. I have two boys 4 and 9. I never really thought about how I would feel if it was one of mine. It is so hard to imagine. I need to make some calls.
FREIND OF AA AND TA,
I agree with Kilrtoy and applaud you for doing the right thing here.
I have seen this s**t kill first hand. The parents knew about the problem and treated the situation as if it were a pot smoking type problem. If you were to ask them, I bet they'd treat it more seriously today. Unfortunately, it's too late for they're "little girl".
My.02,
Mark

superdave013
10-25-2005, 09:34 AM
It's freebasing (smoking) crystal meth. can be snorted among other things. Good job man for steping up and doing what ya gotta do. I've worked in metal fab shops pretty much all my life and have seen some wacked out people on that stuff. It can make the best guy turn into someone that will rob his mother very quick.

JB in so cal
10-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Someone asked earlier....These pics are taken 2 1/2 years apart, and she is 42 years old. How sad....She also only has 4 teeth left, and she said they just crumble when she eats. There is more info if you Google "Faces of Meth"...pics of repeat offenders were snapped in Oregon...It is very depressing and scary... :frown:
Go figure :notam:

Squirtin Thunder
10-25-2005, 09:56 AM
The easiest way to pass a drug test is to not take or do Drugs !!!

GrapeApe
10-25-2005, 10:03 AM
I would tell her that you did research, and what you found out about the Drug is worse then you knew. Tell her that She has tell the parents by the end of the Day, or you are going to tell them for her. I have 1st hand experience helping my Neice get clean after her Mother "My Sister", couldn't handle her anymore.. Good Luck....
*** Grape Ape ***

BADBLOWN572
10-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Tell her that She has tell the parents by the end of the Day, or you are going to tell them for her.
That is how I would handle it. I would simply tell her that after cafefully weighing all of the options, you feel that it is in her best interest to get her parents involved. Give her the option of telling her parents what she is doing or you will be forced to tell them yourself. I would try to stay out of it as much as possible. Be supportive and helpful, but that is something that is her parent's responsibility to directly handle.

Nord
10-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Good Choice!!

1Shockwaveguy
10-25-2005, 10:24 AM
No flush is needed. Speed is not like weed where it stays in your system for 30 days. Im not exactly sure how long it stays in, maybe one of the cops can tell you but it's not more than 3-4 days