PDA

View Full Version : I Quit Smoking

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 07:27 AM
I have smoked off and on for over 20 years, (mostly on). I went to see a hypnotherapist on Saturday morning, and I'm now finished with smoking.
I have had zero "cravings" and when my body would usually tell me to smoke, my subconscious mind seems to be on auto-pilot and quickly dismisses the notion. Thus far, it has been painless, even after a few cocktails on Saturday night, and morning coffee - no desire to smoke again.
It's amazing how strong your subconscious mind can be. The key to success, so I'm told, is to be certain that you want to quit before entering into the session, and to make sure you can describe to the hypnotherpaist why you want to quit. She simply reloaded these thoughts while in a relaxed state. I'm amazed and in awe of how powerful this method is, with no drugs or side effects.
:cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:

MsDrmr
10-25-2005, 07:28 AM
no joking???? how often do you have to go back, or do you?
Congrats,

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 07:31 AM
All in one session, it's supposed to be one hour, I was there about 2 hours.
She states 95% success rate, GUARANTEED by her - no going back unless you revert back. She says 30% walk out and never have another craving or desire whatsoever.
Her guarantee is a verbal contract between her and you - it's for her lifetime.....

HCS
10-25-2005, 07:32 AM
That's great!
What else can she do to you when your in a subconscious state on mind? :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Tell me more, who, where, how much?
I guit a couple months ago and just in the past few weeks I sort of picked it back up again. Not like I used to smoke, but smoking is smoking. And I always give myself a free pass if I am drinking or at the river. :(

Caribbean Jet
10-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Nice job. My parents both did it cold turkey.

76ANTHONY
10-25-2005, 07:35 AM
good job, no cravings huh? hmmmmm, chicks dig guys who dont smoke.. im thinkin i might need that number :D :D

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 07:36 AM
That's great!
What else can she do to you when your in a subconscious state on mind? :D
After I saw the result, I took inventory! Actually, she only does smoking cessation. The "relaxed" state was cool - I was totally in rational thought the whole time, but my eyes were closed, etc.
She asked how long I thought, I had my eyes closed, I answered 12-15 minutes - it was 40!

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Tell me more, who, where, how much?
I guit a couple months ago and just in the past few weeks I sort of picked it back up again. Not like I used to smoke, but smoking is smoking. And I always give myself a free pass if I am drinking or at the river. :(
She works out of her home in Murrieta, she will send you an information package. The cost is $400. PM me if you are interested, I will send you her phone number.

BarryMac
10-25-2005, 07:43 AM
That's awesome Dan, congrats and best of luck with continued success...

NOTALENT
10-25-2005, 07:45 AM
wow...congratulations...hope it works out...Im going to have to inform my brother of this.
I never really got why people smoke cigarettes...its totally pointless...

HocusPocus
10-25-2005, 07:49 AM
thats very cool!! great to hear its going so smoothly. i never smoked but i sure could use something like that to help me drop some weight :crossx:

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 07:57 AM
wow...congratulations...hope it works out...Im going to have to inform my brother of this.
I never really got why people smoke cigarettes...its totally pointless...
Damn straight it's pointless, and destructive - and very hard to get out from under it once you start. After only two days so far, I'm elated - and I'm also very optimistic. I told myself (with help from the therapist) that I'm through with this, and my mind is listening to me this time!

dicudmore
10-25-2005, 08:02 AM
cool, congrats and good luck :cool:

76ANTHONY
10-25-2005, 08:03 AM
i need that info, please pm me :D

lucky
10-25-2005, 08:10 AM
do not read any of jbb's post - he's the devil :coffeycup :D

NOTALENT
10-25-2005, 08:17 AM
Damn straight it's pointless, and destructive - and very hard to get out from under it once you start. After only two days so far, I'm elated - and I'm also very optimistic. I told myself (with help from the therapist) that I'm through with this, and my mind is listening to me this time!
That's awesome...Keep it up. Let the healthier day's begin.

cxr133
10-25-2005, 08:21 AM
I have smoked off and on for over 20 years, (mostly on). I went to see a hypnotherapist on Saturday morning, and I'm now finished with smoking.
:cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:
On the serious side congratulations... on the stop smoking part. I work ina hospital and see how devastating lung cancer is!!!
On the funny part: everytime you hear a car horn blow .. now you do the chicken dance

pjones
10-25-2005, 08:26 AM
$400.00 is a bargain for better health and not to mention the
expense...
Think I'll check out this deal.
Keep us posted perodically of your results....
PJ

Mrs.Racer277
10-25-2005, 08:29 AM
I did this
http://www.freedomlasertherapy.com/
Congrats to you. It is not easy I know. :D

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 08:40 AM
$400.00 is a bargain for better health and not to mention the
expense...
Think I'll check out this deal.
Keep us posted perodically of your results....
PJ
I will definitely post my progress - time will tell on all these types of matters, and I'm probably more skeptical than most, (usually).
When I've tried to quit before, I tried not to announce it - in case I failed. Some of you know what I'm talking about.....

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 08:41 AM
I did this
http://www.freedomlasertherapy.com/
Congrats to you. It is not easy I know. :D
I looked into this too. Did it work for you? Was the 72-hour detox period they speak of difficult?

Mrs.Racer277
10-25-2005, 08:50 AM
I looked into this too. Did it work for you? Was the 72-hour detox period they speak of difficult?
I had no detox period. I never craved the nicotine but the habit of smoking is what is hard. :(

core attitude
10-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Any idea if this works for smokeless? I tried to quit on my B-day last year (after 25 years of chewing) but it didn't last for long. I really would like to give it another go.
Best of luck to you!!
Pete

76ANTHONY
10-25-2005, 08:52 AM
I had no detox period. I never craved the nicotine but the habit of smoking is what is hard. :(
and the trying not to smoke the hubby was hard too huh??? :D

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Any idea if this works for smokeless? I tried to quit on my B-day last year (after 25 years of chewing) but it didn't last for long. I really would like to give it another go.
Best of luck to you!!
Pete
Don't know - I would imagine it would. She only does smoking, but it's so closely related, I would imagine she would do it. I will PM the info to all interested parties tomorrow - I forgothe number at home.

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Exactly - you reach for it because that's what you do, and have done for years. I had as few of those thoughts yesterday, but they weren't even urges, they were just a passing thoughts, like: do i need to go the store, do I have a lighter, I guess it's time have a smoke, etc.
The same stuff that usually crosses your mind, but there were only fleeting thoughts and quickly dismissed, and I mean quickly - my subconscious kicked in and reminded me that I don't smoke - even after a few drinks, which was the most difficult time for me.

76ANTHONY
10-25-2005, 09:04 AM
im thinking this is what i need to quit, im goin for it... let me know that number when you get home...

bunny 166
10-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Congratulations!! :cool: You must be feeling great about yourself right now....My Dad quit cold turkey after smoking for 30 years....Just decided he'd had enough. That was 8 years ago, and not 1 cig since. Keep up the good work!! If my Dad can do it, so can you! :D

Mrs.Racer277
10-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Exactly - you reach for it because that's what you do, and have done for years. I had as few of those thoughts yesterday, but they weren't even urges, they were just a passing thoughts, like: do i need to go the store, do I have a lighter, I guess it's time have a smoke, etc.
The same stuff that usually crosses your mind, but there were only fleeting thoughts and quickly dismissed, and I mean quickly - my subconscious kicked in and reminded me that I don't smoke - even after a few drinks, which was the most difficult time for me.
Drinking and not smoking was hard at first. And driving long distances has been really hard. I chew tons of gum. :D

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 09:37 AM
but you still drink while driving right? :D

76ANTHONY
10-25-2005, 09:39 AM
:D :D :D :coffeycup

core attitude
10-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Don't know - I would imagine it would. She only does smoking, but it's so closely related, I would imagine she would do it. I will PM the info to all interested parties tomorrow - I forgothe number at home.
Thank you...........what part of Murrieta is she in?
Pete

Mrs.Racer277
10-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Of course. :cool: That way I don't smoke. :wink: :wink:

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 09:47 AM
just keep one hand on the wheel,youll be fine

Not So Fast
10-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Date 1991, went to M.V.R.H with suspected heart attack, turned out to beblood cell count but scary. Dr says do you smoke, yes, since 13. Doc says "Buddy I bury guys your age every week from smoking" Nuff said, I promised God that if he let me off on this one I would never smoke again. Quit cold turkey right then and never looked back, hard, HELL YES, But I'm still above ground. End of story. NSF " UNLUCKY BOLTZ- FIRE CAM CAMERON-PLEASE"

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Thank you...........what part of Murrieta is she in?
Pete
Closest major cross street is Jefferson and Nutmeg, west if I-15, out of her house.

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Congratulations!! :cool: You must be feeling great about yourself right now....My Dad quit cold turkey after smoking for 30 years....Just decided he'd had enough. That was 8 years ago, and not 1 cig since. Keep up the good work!! If my Dad can do it, so can you! :D
Thanks for the words of support. Your dad must be a strong person.

core attitude
10-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Closest major cross street is Jefferson and Nutmeg, west if I-15, out of her house.
Cool....I'm just across the Fwy off Nutmeg.
Thanks again.

Captain Dan
10-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Cool....I'm just across the Fwy off Nutmeg.
Thanks again.
I live on the west of I-15, just off of Jefferson and Nutmeg - When I hooked up with this lady, I found out that she lived just down the street from me...
Did I meet you summer of '04? I had just bought my Ultra 24 Stealth and you and your wife were checking it out at Steamboat?

core attitude
10-25-2005, 12:20 PM
I live on the west of I-15, just off of Jefferson and Nutmeg - When I hooked up with this lady, I found out that she lived just down the street from me...
Did I meet you summer of '04? I had just bought my Ultra 24 Stealth and you and your wife were checking it out at Steamboat?
Nope, but I've probably seen you at the store or around town...lol. My kids go to Thompson and MVHS, play MYSL and we all train at Extreme Fitness. I drive right by your area twice a day at least (car pool dad) so I would bet our paths have crossed......been in the area 6 years +.

Scream
10-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Congrats on quitting smoking. Definately one of the best things you'll ever do for yourself. Now just wait till your sense of smell and taste come back...you can smell your neighbors and everything you eat will be too damn good...lol
Scream <--- reformed smoker

DelawareDave
10-25-2005, 01:38 PM
My wife and I both quit almost 5 years ago. We went to a Goen Seminar. It was like $50 per person. I wanted to quit, after 35 years of cigarettes. The wife didn't want to quit, but wanted to go to see what it was like. She still wants one every once in a while, but I have no desire to smoke at all. They try to get you to buy all these fancy, high priced pills, to help with the cravings. We got one bottle of something, cause my wife wanted a crutch. I tried them, but they smelled so bad when you opened the bottle, I never took any.
But the bottom line is- No smokes, going on 5 years!
Congrats to anyone who has kicked the habit. And if you are thinking about it, just DO IT!

FMluvswater
10-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Way to go Captain Dan! More power to you - it's a scary thing to change your lifestyle ... until you're doing it. :wink: :cool: Cheers to the long healthy life ahead of you! :clover: