PDA

View Full Version : arizona info,who lives there?

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 10:29 AM
and where?We are considering moving this next summer,so about 8 months.So my search will begin soon to find out where i want to have a home for the family.My question to anyone living there is where should I look?We need to be within 45 minutes or so from phoenix area for my wifes work.We also would like somthing around 3000sq feet with some room for a motorhome or large garage etc.I also would like to be in some sort of place where my kids will have friends,so neighbors would be good.Ive started looking on the internet but its a pain,so a trip is in the planning stages to just drive out and look around.Any help would be great,thanks.RR

Outnumbered
10-25-2005, 10:33 AM
How much do you want to pay? What you want can be found in several places around the valley. But, it will range in price from the $500s to well beyond a mil or two $$$.

Squirtin Thunder
10-25-2005, 10:34 AM
I live here in Bullshit City !!!!

91nordic29
10-25-2005, 10:35 AM
How much do you want to pay? What you want can be found in several places around the valley. But, it will range in price from the $500s to well beyond a mil or two $$$.
you tryin to scare 'em off? :rollside:

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 10:37 AM
600k to 800k would be my guess to find what I want,but Id like to be closer to 6,im leaving socal,one of the reasons is what it would cost to get the kinda home we want.

Outnumbered
10-25-2005, 10:39 AM
you tryin to scare 'em off? :rollside:
Have you checked prices lately? :jawdrop:

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 10:40 AM
doing real well for house prices,those that have lived there awhile are happy

JB in so cal
10-25-2005, 10:42 AM
RR's a baller. Price is not so much an issue as where the local swinger's clubs are. :supp:

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 10:45 AM
i knew youd be saying something,after the ticket from the sheriff for the toy hauler parked out front last week I cant take it anymore,wife has giving the word at work she would like a tranfer if its possible,so if we are gonna do it,I need about 6 months to look and see if it can happen.Dont worry,we will get a granny flat for you guys

JB in so cal
10-25-2005, 10:49 AM
Rebels!

Craig
10-25-2005, 10:51 AM
You should be able to find something decent in your price range. the whole valley is wide open, they're building new stuff everywhere. They even have a second master planned community west on I-10 going in next year where 10 years ago it was just jack rabbit city and bodies in 55 gallon drums. :yuk: You should just take a weekend and drive around the areas, see what you like and then get some more specific advice. There are folks from all over the valley on this board. Just ignore Jordy :p

Outnumbered
10-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Try this, it links to MLS:
http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/SearchOptions.asp?typ=1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4%2C+5%2C+6&mlsttl=&frm=bymap&pgnum=1&mls=xmls&lnksrc=RDC-NAV-0016&js=on&target=&ct=&st=State%2FProvince&zp=&mnprice=0&mxprice=99999999&mnbed=0&mnbath=0&poe=realtor
To stay close to $500k look in North Peoria (85383) on the West side. Or, on the East, try Gilbert, Chandler, East Mesa. If you want the real nice area (over a mil) then look in Scottsdale. Cave Creek or Carefree may be worth looking at but they are farther out. Now keep in mind, I'm talking 1/2 acre lot size and up so you can get a work shop and RV parking etc. You can do much better on the price if you go down below 20,000 sqft lot. The trade-off is no room for the toys.

Outnumbered
10-25-2005, 10:53 AM
You should be able to find something decent in your price range. the whole valley is wide open, they're building new stuff everywhere. They even have a second master planned community west on I-10 going in next year where 10 years ago it was just jack rabbit city and bodies in 55 gallon drums. :yuk: You should just take a weekend and drive around the areas, see what you like and then get some more specific advice. There are folks from all over the valley on this board. Just ignore Jordy :p
Master planned aint gonna get ya RV parking and big garage though. Also, HOA is not what he is looking for.

Jordy
10-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Just ignore Jordy :p
Hey now, I haven't said a single peep about the aveNEWS and how everything bad happens there. :D :D :D

BarryMac
10-25-2005, 10:59 AM
and where?We are considering moving this next summer,so about 8 months.So my search will begin soon to find out where i want to have a home for the family.My question to anyone living there is where should I look?We need to be within 45 minutes or so from phoenix area for my wifes work.We also would like somthing around 3000sq feet with some room for a motorhome or large garage etc.I also would like to be in some sort of place where my kids will have friends,so neighbors would be good.Ive started looking on the internet but its a pain,so a trip is in the planning stages to just drive out and look around.Any help would be great,thanks.RR
Sounds like we may be neighbors again... :D :D :D

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 11:00 AM
with a hoa,if the lots are large enough its not a big deal,some HOAs will let you keep motorhomes etc at home as long as they are behind fences etc.

slowinhavasuskid
10-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah I'm not too sure about prices cause I rent from a housing company at school, but I live in Scottsdale and its super nice. Paradise Valley is also nice. But within reason you should be able to find something throughout the Valley that is close to Phoenix. Good Luck!

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Sounds like we may be neighbors again... :D :D :D
lets go!

Magic34
10-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Actually, for what you are looking for, there are a few communities around me that you can have what you are looking for priced from $600k to $800k for 3000 to 4000 sq ft.
My area seems to be around that $210/sq ft area, or it was at least so 3-4 months ago and the lots are around 1/2 acre.
Where I am at is 15 minutes to the airport and about 20-25 minutes from downtown.
When I call you today or tomorrow, I'll tell you more.

BarryMac
10-25-2005, 11:03 AM
lets go!
Talkin about it, after the middle daughter graduates and before the youngest goes to HS, we may be saying sianara to Caleefornea... :D :D

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Actually, for what you are looking for, there are a few communities around me that you can have what you are looking for priced from $600k to $800k for 3000 to 4000 sq ft.
My area seems to be around that $210/sq ft area, or it was at least so 3-4 months ago and the lots are around 1/2 acre.
Where I am at is 15 minutes to the airport and about 20-25 minutes from downtown.
When I call you today or tomorrow, I'll tell you more.
thats sound like what im looking for,thanks

Not So Fast
10-25-2005, 11:07 AM
After being here in Havasu for three years now and not being too aware of things in Az, we were surprised at the crime reports on the local news in the greater Phoenix area, hell it is just as bad as Santa Ana or L.A., lots of gang activity. One street name seems to be a hot spot on on the news a lot, the infamous Indian School Road, no kidding it is always on the news.
I guess we were naive to think that crime would be less in AZ. Another thing that really surprised me was the forest fire factor, it seems there are a lot of places that burn every year so check that out real good, also the violent storms, they get some dozies! Other than that we love it but we are in Havasu so we are about 3 hrs away from Phoenix. Best of luck to you, it's very difficult to move away from an area you've lived in most of your life but now that we have, F--K Cally :cool: NSF "UNLUCKY BOLTZ-FIRE CAM CAMERON PLEASE"

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 11:11 AM
my dad tells me about watching the phoenix news living there in havasu,Ive heard about the crime.Its bad

Magic34
10-25-2005, 11:20 AM
thats sound like what im looking for,thanks
go to realtor.com and use the zip codes 85213 (my zip) and 85205 (neighboring zip just across the street).
You can search a few there and get an idea.

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 11:22 AM
go to realtor.com and use the zip codes 85213 (my zip) and 85205 (neighboring zip just across the street).
i needed the zips,that was killin me!

Outnumbered
10-25-2005, 11:36 AM
I posted the link already for Realtor.com. Thanks for the zips.

missboatnam1
10-25-2005, 11:38 AM
im not sure i get it you move to the desert hot ass heat storms terrible traffic like la and you still pay 800k for a house.good luck!what was the selling point of az again?

KACHINA KEN
10-25-2005, 11:45 AM
sorry, were all full here. Try Vegas.

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 11:47 AM
we want more room!A bigger house with more land,the type of home I want around here is about 1.2mil and up,trust me,Ive looked.My house now will sell for 800k,so Im most likely gonna spend the same.Also my wife is in the home building industry here in socal,weve seen the amount of new homes closing next year and the amount closing in arizona,it maybe time to follow the money trail.I grew up here,dont really want to move,but I will.Also,we spend all summer in havasu,5 to 6 hour drive,and all winter at glamis,4 hour drive.It just doesnt make much since living here for us anymore,my kids are young,so it kinda now or never. :wink:

Kilrtoy
10-25-2005, 11:51 AM
im not sure i get it you move to the desert hot ass heat storms terrible traffic like la and you still pay 800k for a house.good luck!what was the selling point of az again?
PHOENIX TRAFFIC PALES IN COMPARRISION TO LOS ANGELES.... Not even close
Better living in phoenix than LA and some people like the heat

totenhosen
10-25-2005, 11:53 AM
I've got a realtor that I use in the Phx area for buying that is great. Picked me up at the airport and drove me around for two straight days. If you want his contact info send me an email or IM.
I'm partial to Ahwautukee (Mountain Park ranch), Gilbert (Power Ranch, Islands and I think it is called Val Vista)

'78 gt boat
10-25-2005, 11:56 AM
If you are looking for a new build you can check in Buckeye Az. I am building a new house out there. The site is Canterrahomes.com. Then click on Estates at Sundance. I know they have lots right now that are about 25,000 square feet. Plenty of room for the garage thing. I'm not sure about the motorhome with CC&R's. The biggest house is a little over 3000 square feet and is starting at around 338K and the big lot premium of around 20K. Just my .02
Maybe we will be neighbors. :D
P.S. the house is taking around 8 to 10 months to build.

Outnumbered
10-25-2005, 12:00 PM
I'd much rather live here than Norco. You have to come see to "get it". I had the same doubts, but I have no regrets now. The 115* dry heat is better than than 100* and humid and stinky/smoggy in Norco or anywhere else in the 909/951 that I can think of for the same price (start the flames now). Sorry but I have lived both places and that's MHO.

prosthogod
10-25-2005, 12:02 PM
In snottsdale 1 acre with an old house is ~1.0mil, 3 hrs from havasu.
West side less expesive, 2 hrs from havasu- you make the call(but you live in the ave's)

91nordic29
10-25-2005, 12:06 PM
i moved here in 1984 from huntington beach and havent ever once thought about leaving, much less going back to california. my parents are in san berdo so i go back sometimes to visit. :cool:

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 12:07 PM
thanks everyone,the heat isnt a issue,like I said,we drive 6 hours to sit in our boat when its 120 out.

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 12:08 PM
heard anyone say they want to come back after moving away from socal.Ive also never heard anyone say they would leave arizona to buy a home in california,it just never happens.

91nordic29
10-25-2005, 12:09 PM
this is a nice area, my sister lives in surprise: Surprise, AZ (http://www.surpriseaz.com/index.asp)

missboatnam1
10-25-2005, 12:09 PM
well i dont want to see mrsboatnam get all fired up that i was posting under her name but i was.just wanted to see everyone get all worked up about az ca.i dont really care where anyone lives hell i just payed 700k for a house in a town ran by cowboys!

'78 gt boat
10-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Surprise is nice, I just sold my house out there. The only reason for moving a little further out is because Buckeye is right off the I-10 and Surprise is getting a little congested for my taste. Bell Rd. or Grand Ave is the only real way ou to Phx. Good luck on finding a place. :mix:

totenhosen
10-25-2005, 12:19 PM
heard anyone say they want to come back after moving away from socal.Ive also never heard anyone say they would leave arizona to buy a home in california,it just never happens.
My parents would love to. THey are hoping house prices in CA drop to make it more affordable.

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 12:24 PM
a bit,even 10% wont really make it affordable,so a 500k house drops 50 grand!That doesnt change much,plus if it drops here,its gonna drop everywhere

Flashover
10-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Holy chit... A 500K to 800K house up here in my area you would be rollin huge. Were talkin horse property several acres and 7000 sqf or more. even Park City is still in that price range. That's alot of money for a house. I built my house 4 years ago for 165K 3000 sqf and 11000sqf lot not all that big but i could never afford some of the payments you guys are talkin about. It would be nice not to have to deal with the snow thats' for sure. :D

totenhosen
10-25-2005, 12:42 PM
a bit,even 10% wont really make it affordable,so a 500k house drops 50 grand!That doesnt change much,plus if it drops here,its gonna drop everywhere
Thats not true. It is not unheard of to have localized decreases in home prices. Think So-Cal in the early 90's.
Prices are going to come down alot more than that. If they take away the mortgage interest deduction you can kiss house prices goodbye.
But to keep on topic. I know plently of AZ people that would love to live in CA specfically San Diego area but they can't afford it.

Mardonzi
10-25-2005, 12:53 PM
As long as he stays away from Page,,,,,, Lousy lake,, Temps not nearly as bad as Phoenix,, 600K will build you a 4k sq ft with acreage and a lake view,,,,
Not to mention the fact that Titties and Beer is enough of a Hot Boat neighbor for anyone,,, (He just bought a place here...)

Tequila-John
10-25-2005, 01:04 PM
I live in Gilbert AZ (power ranch) i love it. Kids love it!

Outnumbered
10-25-2005, 01:06 PM
In snottsdale 1 acre with an old house is ~1.0mil, 3 hrs from havasu.
West side less expesive, 2 hrs from havasu- you make the call(but you live in the ave's)
You and Jordy must be buddies. East side snobs. :rolleyes: Its just like the 949/714 bagging on the 909/951.

Jordy
10-25-2005, 01:07 PM
East side snobs. :rolleyes:
You say that like it's a bad thing. :D

Outnumbered
10-25-2005, 01:07 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing. :D
Damn, didn't take you long to reply to that :D

Mrs. 89Checkmate
10-25-2005, 01:12 PM
We just moved to Phoenix about 1 1/5 yrs and love it. We live in Gilbert and it's about 1 hr away from Phoenix. Great area for kids. We also have a great realtor friend. Let me know if you need anymore info. Good luck

Jordy
10-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Damn, didn't take you long to reply to that :D
:D :D :D

IN2-IN2MX
10-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Oh man, someone delete this thread before Mike starts in on me again :D

prosthogod
10-25-2005, 01:52 PM
You and Jordy must be buddies. East side snobs. :rolleyes: Its just like the 949/714 bagging on the 909/951.
It's an East side West side thing. And Jordy who?

Jordy
10-25-2005, 02:07 PM
And Jordy who?
Exactly. I can't stand that guy. :D

carreraelite
10-25-2005, 02:14 PM
I think that Jordy guy said something about being a STREET sweeper or something...... ;)

cdog
10-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey there, We just closed the sale of our home last week here in AH. We are renting back till Jan.-Feb. We're moving to scottsdale for sure. The prices have been getting softer lately. I'd say usually the public is 1-2 month behind the current market place. I guess the area's depend on how and what you expect. You can get into carefree and suprise for 1/2 to 1 acre and about a 3000-3500 sqft home. Mabey you''ll end up buying from me out there. Stay in touch or pm me you're email and I'll send you some home's when I get them. I would never move to AZ just for a home. You've got to be into the AZ lifestyle and state of mind. From what I know about you're posts I think you'll fit in fine.

AZJD
10-25-2005, 02:54 PM
I think that Jordy guy said something about being a STREET sweeper or something...... ;)
I thought he drove a lifted white GM product :D

carreraelite
10-25-2005, 02:59 PM
I thought he drove a lifted white GM product :D
Maybe he carries his brooms in it?? :wink:

phebus
10-25-2005, 03:16 PM
We'll be in Havasu full time if and when we sell our house here in Cali. Real estate sure has slowed down. Seasonal I hope

Kilrtoy
10-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Oh man, someone delete this thread before Mike starts in on me again :D
Dont worry, Jes, We will move there and back to Cali before you guys ever do......

cdog
10-25-2005, 03:29 PM
We'll be in Havasu full time if and when we sell our house here in Cali. Real estate sure has slowed down. Seasonal I hope
Do you need an agent?

callbob4homes
10-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Somebody call for an agent? Sorry I was out working today. Check out my website, it links to the MLS. Realtor.com was good (I used to be there) but seems to fall behind pretty fast. Send me an email (addy on website) and I can set you up on a program that will automatically send you the new listings as they come on, as well as changed, sold, price reductions etc. on the type, area and price range of home you are looking for. I sold Tequila John his home in Power Ranch.
callbob4homes.com
Totenhosen, how is the dealio going with your townhouse over here?

2Driver
10-25-2005, 04:03 PM
After being here in Havasu for three years now and not being too aware of things in Az, we were surprised at the crime reports on the local news in the greater Phoenix area, hell it is just as bad as Santa Ana or L.A., lots of gang activity. One street name seems to be a hot spot on on the news a lot, the infamous Indian School Road, no kidding it is always on the news.
I guess we were naive to think that crime would be less in AZ. Another thing that really surprised me was the forest fire factor, it seems there are a lot of places that burn every year so check that out real good, also the violent storms, they get some dozies! Other than that we love it but we are in Havasu so we are about 3 hrs away from Phoenix. Best of luck to you, it's very difficult to move away from an area you've lived in most of your life but now that we have, F--K Cally :cool: NSF "UNLUCKY BOLTZ-FIRE CAM CAMERON PLEASE"
We lived in Havasu for 5 years and thought the same based on watching the local Phx news each night.
AHHHHH the whole place is a gang infested forest fire , AHHHHH!
The world according to the local news and statistics is enough to move make you move to Mars. The Greater Phoenix valley is huge. Scottsdale alone is big enough to cover Havasu to Parker and that’s only one small part of the valley. If you knew what happened with in a 35 mile range of your Havasu 86403 zip you would probably wrought iron yourself in the house. After moving from Havasu in 1990 I swore to return to retire. After living here and seeing what is going on there now the valley life is worth the tow to the local lakes.
All this in my opinion of course

2Driver
10-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Havasu = 5 years
San Diego = 3
Carefree = 15 and counting
That includes a killer job offer I turned down in San Diego 18 month ago. You would call me crazy, but life is too nice here now. Besides who needs work.
:rollside:

Outnumbered
10-25-2005, 04:15 PM
We lived in Havasu for 5 years and thought the same based on watching the local Phx news each night.
AHHHHH the whole place is a gang infested forest fire , AHHHHH!
The world according to the local news and statistics is enough to move make you move to Mars. The Greater Phoenix valley is huge. Scottsdale alone is big enough to cover Havasu to Parker and that’s only one small part of the valley. If you knew what happened with in a 35 mile range of your 86403 zip you would probably wrought iron yourself in the house. After moving from Havasu in 1990 I swore to return to retire. After living here and seeing what is going on there now the valley life is worth the tow to the local lakes.
All this in my opinion of course
I'd have to agree. You have to look at the stats by zip.
Also, remember that just about all the bad shit gets reported in the Phoenix valley because they are lacking news when compared to So Cal. There is so much bad shit that goes on in the burbs of So Cal that never makes the news because it has too much to report.

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:04 PM
some good info that ive needed,when we get ready and find where we want to be, i will use someone from here as a realtor.Someones gotta make money off the sale,may as well be someone from here!

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:06 PM
holidays are coming,hurricanes are happening,job out looks are shakey.Its a tough time to sell,rent it :D

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey there, We just closed the sale of our home last week here in AH. We are renting back till Jan.-Feb. We're moving to scottsdale for sure. The prices have been getting softer lately. I'd say usually the public is 1-2 month behind the current market place. I guess the area's depend on how and what you expect. You can get into carefree and suprise for 1/2 to 1 acre and about a 3000-3500 sqft home. Mabey you''ll end up buying from me out there. Stay in touch or pm me you're email and I'll send you some home's when I get them. I would never move to AZ just for a home. You've got to be into the AZ lifestyle and state of mind. From what I know about you're posts I think you'll fit in fine.
I love the desert,always have.If its hot we will be on a boat or in a pool,which Im sure everyone who moves there has said before and is sweating their ass off now

OutCole'd
10-25-2005, 07:13 PM
heard anyone say they want to come back after moving away from socal.
Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. I would move back to Santa Clarita in a second if I could. Great weather year round, awesome neighbors, etc.......

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:18 PM
up casinos,hookers,strippers,whores,lap dances,crime,heat,traffic,street walkers,ladies if the nights,did i say sluts yet,,,aw come on,you cant move.I watch CSI :smile:

OutCole'd
10-25-2005, 07:19 PM
up casinos,hookers,strippers,whores,lap dances,crime,heat,traffic,street walkers,ladies if the nights,did i say sluts yet,,,aw come on,you cant move.I watch CSI :smile:
Please, I can get all that any night of the week right in the privacy of my living room, if I can pawn off the kids to Grandma for the night. :squiggle:

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:22 PM
off subject,,,Jb and wife and Me and family are gonna try and do the light parade,Im callin the islander tommorrow,if not there then our trailers at crazy horse with rhino and golfcart,kids quads etc,,,,thurday til sunday,you gonna be there?

OutCole'd
10-25-2005, 07:28 PM
off subject,,,Jb and wife and Me and family are gonna try and do the light parade,Im callin the islander tommorrow,if not there then our trailers at crazy horse with rhino and golfcart,kids quads etc,,,,thurday til sunday,you gonna be there?
Sounds good to me. I'm going this weekend to pick up my cart and bring it home for some enhancments over the winter. My buddy keeps his cart at my place for the winter, so I will have something to drive.

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:33 PM
pm you tommorrow on where we are staying,Ive got the new dog,and JB has his,so rentals at the islander may not happen,plus at crazyhorse we can drive the toys down to the channel on the north end,leaving a trail of vodka fresca

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Ive been in az for 27 yrs and luv it! You cant beat the weather!!!! Scottsdale is nice but the peeps are a little snotty. chandler and Gilbert isnt bad but filling up fast. I remember when gilbert and chandler was miles of orchards! East mesa isnt too bad either.Stay away from apache junction, there is alot of "meth labs" going on there anlon with trailer thrash. The westside is nice but glendale is rough. My friend was working for thier undercover drug department and it was crazy. He showed me alot of footage and I couldnt believe it. If you look in mesa try the 85213 area code like someone else mentioned. I work over there at autozone and they have very nice homes with huge yards. That was one of the first "new"developement areas of mesa that started the expansion. I am planning on moving over there next year. I love that area. They have homes that can go well over 2 mill. The one thing to try to stay away from is "homeowners assoc" They suck a$$. They can be very strict on certain things. I know I can never live in one because I do alot of side work with my power tools and they would be up my a$$.

PHX ATC
10-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Jordy is representin' the east side. Power to the man.
I live in Queen Creek. You wouldn't want to live here. No smog, open space, horses, cowpokes (cowgirls in tight jeans too...yummy), lots of room. Commute is a bit longer, but worth it in my opinion. In the hood here, horse property, 1 acre lots, tons o' storage room for toys (HOA has very cool rules on that) will run you with about 3000 sq ft house 725 - 950K with the landscaping in. 85242 is my zip, but that encompasses alot of tract homes as well.
Orchard Ranch (my hood), Sonoqui Ranch, places like that have 1 acre lots and minimum size built houses.
If you like the lake action, stay on the west side. I hear it's more exciting there too! :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-25-2005, 08:44 PM
I live in Queen Creek. You wouldn't want to live here. No smog, open space, horses, cowpokes (cowgirls in tight jeans too...yummy), lots of room. Commute is a bit longer, but worth it in my opinion. In the hood here, horse property, 1 acre lots, tons o' storage room for toys (HOA has very cool rules on that) will run you with about 3000 sq ft house 725 - 950K with the landscaping in. 85242 is my zip, but that encompasses alot of tract homes as well.
Orchard Ranch (my hood), Sonoqui Ranch, places like that have 1 acre lots and minimum size built houses.
If you like the lake action, stay on the west side. I hear it's more exciting there too! :D
My gandmother stayed out there when I was very young. In fact I still remember the dirt roads,orchards,canals along the roads,grapevines and the place where all the monkeys are(slong one of the roads). Its been like 15+ yrs since Ive been there but it was very quiet a long time ago;)

riverroyal
10-26-2005, 07:09 AM
i will check that zip as well,so whos buying my house here?anyone? :)

totenhosen
10-26-2005, 07:20 AM
Totenhosen, how is the dealio going with your townhouse over here?
It is currently in escrow. I'll give you more details later. Would have used you but my brother and I got a package deal so to say on a few places that we sold.

totenhosen
10-26-2005, 07:27 AM
You might want to check out alot of the Circle G communities or horse properties. THis way you'll get the big lot you want but you might end up with an older home.

riverroyal
10-26-2005, 07:30 AM
i dont mind neighbors,its good for the kids I think,so we dont need more than a acre really,and Im not getting a horse.A nice newer home with Rv room,kinda like a havasu house,that style,maybe a Rv garage next to it,or room for one in the future,not asking for much huh

callbob4homes
10-26-2005, 07:33 AM
There are some new Circle G homes going in as well.

Jordy
10-26-2005, 07:36 AM
Im not getting a horse.
Me neither, but it's an option. The beauty of horse property is being able to do whatever you want to do. Half my neighbors have horses, the other half have race cars, dirt bikes, boats, quads, and all other variety of noisy hobbies. When I lived in Mesa, I could fire up the Banshee, be up and down the street and had better have a plan to put it away because the po-po would be heading down the street shortly. Where I am now, I can fire up the quad or the bike, run up and down the street, and on a typical day, a couple other neighbors will come out with their sand/dirt toys and make a few laps. It's a fun neighborhood. :D

2Driver
10-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Me neither, but it's an option. The beauty of horse property is being able to do whatever you want to do. Half my neighbors have horses, the other half have race cars, dirt bikes, boats, quads, and all other variety of noisy hobbies. When I lived in Mesa, I could fire up the Banshee, be up and down the street and had better have a plan to put it away because the po-po would be heading down the street shortly. Where I am now, I can fire up the quad or the bike, run up and down the street, and on a typical day, a couple other neighbors will come out with their sand/dirt toys and make a few laps. It's a fun neighborhood. :D
But those neighborhoods also have nasty 55 year old ladies in their moo-moo’s touting a half glass of bourbon and a lit Marlboro dangling from her mouth yelling at you to turn that damn thing off. :) :)

Jordy
10-26-2005, 07:49 AM
But those neighborhoods also have nasty 55 year old ladies in their moo-moo’s touting a half glass of bourbon and a lit Marlboro dangling from her mouth yelling at you to turn that damn thing off. :) :)
Not in my neighborhood. I have some 80+ year old ladies who live next to me who think I'm the best neighbor they've ever had. Apparently they keep their hearing aides off a majority of the time. :D :D :D

2Driver
10-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Not in my neighborhood. I have some 80+ year old ladies who live next to me who think I'm the best neighbor they've ever had. Apparently they keep their hearing aides off a majority of the time. :D :D :D
Hey, keep your sex life out of this. :D

Jordy
10-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Hey now, a threesome is a threesome. Did I mention they're twins??? :D :D :D

callbob4homes
10-26-2005, 07:58 AM
now that's funny :rollside:

totenhosen
10-26-2005, 08:00 AM
That was the feeling I got when I was in some of those neighborhoods. Thats why I thought it would be a good option for the thread starter.

Magic34
10-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Yeah, just wait until the frickin roosters start their noise at 4:30 in the morning.
If I wanted to be on a farm, I'd move to Queen Creek :hammer2: :wink: . I don't need to come off a freeway dodging chickens.

Jordy
10-26-2005, 08:33 AM
I don't need to come off a freeway dodging chickens.
No chickens in my neighborhood, other than in the freezer. ;)

carreraelite
10-26-2005, 08:35 AM
I don't need to come off a freeway dodging chickens.
Dodge them?? Hit'em!! That's dinner on the grill!! :wink:

Excessive Force
10-26-2005, 08:38 AM
seems like lots of newer homes out there are have HOA

AzLakeLizard
10-26-2005, 08:40 AM
As long as he stays away from Page,,,,,, Lousy lake,, Temps not nearly as bad as Phoenix,, 600K will build you a 4k sq ft with acreage and a lake view,,,,
Not to mention the fact that Titties and Beer is enough of a Hot Boat neighbor for anyone,,, (He just bought a place here...)
Oh that is right.. it really sucks up here...lol
That is why Deeznutz just bought a lot up here overlooking the lake.. and 2 different families from california (friends) have purchased a lot on the golf course and the other is looking at greenhaven!... :hammer2:
Dang.. we just might have to go into hiding...lol :D

Jordy
10-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Dodge them?? Hit'em!! That's dinner on the grill!! :wink:
Yeah, Freeway Range Chicken is good!!! :D

Outnumbered
10-26-2005, 08:58 AM
i will check that zip as well,so whos buying my house here?anyone? :)
This may be a little far for the wife to commute. Toby is not East-Side---he's off the map :D

PHX ATC
10-26-2005, 10:10 AM
This may be a little far for the wife to commute. Toby is not East-Side---he's off the map :D
True dat. :D
It is a longer commute and some people might not like that, but I'm okay with it. Plenty of time to diddle with myself. Did I mention that I had r e a l l y dark tinted windows? :mix: :sqeyes: :D

Outnumbered
10-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Now we know why you bought that big Dodge :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: True dat. :D
It is a longer commute and some people might not like that, but I'm okay with it. Plenty of time to diddle with myself. Did I mention that I had r e a l l y dark tinted windows? :mix: :sqeyes: :D

riverroyal
10-26-2005, 10:21 AM
True dat. :D
is diddle a word? :coffeycup