PDA

View Full Version : Buy more Trident Boats.

KACHINA KEN
10-26-2005, 02:20 PM
That is all. Slots 4 and 5 are wide open, get em.

Froggystyle
10-28-2005, 05:11 PM
LMAO!!!!
He's right though. Three is getting laminated tomorrow...
Gotta make space!

RiverToysJas
10-28-2005, 11:43 PM
I thought the first 20+ have already been sold? Meaning deposits are down.
RTJas :D

Froggystyle
10-29-2005, 06:09 AM
I thought the first 20+ have already been sold? Meaning deposits are down.
I haven't taken any deposits whatsoever. With the changing timeline of the development process, a deposit would be an unneccessary guarantee for me.
We are planning on selling only through dealers. The first 20+ boats are chosen and loosely divied up, but the first five are being sold from the factory for servicing, follow up, profit margin and end-of-development reasons. I want a hand on the first ones out the door, and until we get dealers trained up and 100% ready to deliver boats and service them, we need to shepherd the process initially.
Which means of course, I have got some boats to sell.

Bryan Rose
10-29-2005, 12:57 PM
I haven't taken any deposits whatsoever. With the changing timeline of the development process, a deposit would be an unneccessary guarantee for me.
We are planning on selling only through dealers. The first 20+ boats are chosen and loosely divied up, but the first five are being sold from the factory for servicing, follow up, profit margin and end-of-development reasons. I want a hand on the first ones out the door, and until we get dealers trained up and 100% ready to deliver boats and service them, we need to shepherd the process initially.
Which means of course, I have got some boats to sell.
Looks like a nice boat........................ but again the hype is way up there. I have heard through the grapevine a long time ago " better get in line they are going to go fast , the first 20 are sold with deposits already so it will be at least a year before you can get one...."
Now I know I am going to get slammed on this but I am not the only one who has heard this or that feels the same way, nice product but way too much hype.
So Wes what's the real deal?
Bryan the guy wearing a fire suit
?So Wes what's the real deal

Froggystyle
10-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Nobody EVER said there was deposits. I have been adamant about not taking them until we knew when and how much we could deliver for. A very nice couple actually picked the gel colors and had financing arranged for #2. That was the one with the Blosdale long block in it. Well, as the price climbed and we closed on completion, they were unfortunately priced out of the deal. That is the way the ball bounces.
Remember, three years ago, we were trying to keep the retail price of the boat under $100K. Now, I have that into cost of goods. If I had taken deposits on these boats, what would I have used for a price? Something to think about.
Additionally, buyers come and go with a development schedule this long. People who were ready to deposit and write checks two years ago have long since bought their new boats. Several are right here on this forum. Three paid far more for their new boats than they would for a Trident.
Even at the dealer level, we are doing only COD. No deposit required. But, payment in full is expected at the time of delivery.
Unless someone is building an ugly boat, there really isn't a need for the deposit. It hardly offsets any costs, and we are currently not having an interest problem through the dealers. Our decision to sell the first offering has everything to do with service and development. Period.

hbpdub
10-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Gum, anyone????

Froggystyle
10-29-2005, 03:24 PM
... nice product but way too much hype.
You should come see for yourself. Decide then how much is hype, how much is industry re-defining. ;)

Bryan Rose
10-29-2005, 03:53 PM
You should come see for yourself. Decide then how much is hype, how much is industry re-defining. ;)
I am not slamming the boat or you for that matter. I have yet to see real world test of your product, detailed photos , performance data, sea keeping ability etc....until that happens it is all hype. This has been so hyped it is not even funny. As far as seing it for myself , next time I am in Ca. I will hopefully be able to see it for myself. I am out there 4 times a year and have a trip coming up in Jan or Feb. I hope you will oblige me and give me a tour of the operation. I am not doubting your product or you Wes but I would really like to see it with out all the cloak and dagger shit going on, marketing is one thing but come on man what the hell.
I really like the product ....nice looking boat , but for over 100 grand back it up with the data. who is going to drop that kind of coin on something that is not tested and proven...... :confused:
Like I said , I am an east coast guy , not part of the SoCal click on this board, I do however speak my mind and I think I am not alone on this.....Any one?
Nice job so far, good looking boat but start backing it up

dicudmore
10-29-2005, 03:56 PM
I am not slamming the boat or you for that matter. I have yet to see real world test of your product, detailed photos , performance data, sea keeping ability etc....until that happens it is all hype. This has been so hyped it is not even funny. As far as seing it for myself , next time I am in Ca. I will hopefully be able to see it for myself. I am out there 4 times a year and have a trip coming up in Jan or Feb. I hope you will oblige me and give me a tour of the operation. I am not doubting your product or you Wes but I would really like to see it with out all the cloak and dagger shit going on, marketing is one thing but come on man what the hell.
I really like the product ....nice looking boat , but for over 100 grand back it up with the data. who is going to drop that kind of coin on something that is not tested and proven...... :confused:
Like I said , I am an east coast guy , not part of the SoCal click on this board, I do however speak my mind and I think I am not alone on this.....Any one?
Nice job so far, good looking boat but start backing it up
True Bryan... I will have some "business" to attend to in El Cajon soon enough...Maybe I can talk Wes into a tour/ride and offer more feedback :wink:

HOOTER SLED-
10-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Looks like a nice boat........................ but again the hype is way up there. I have heard through the grapevine a long time ago " better get in line they are going to go fast , the first 20 are sold with deposits already so it will be at least a year before you can get one...."
Now I know I am going to get slammed on this but I am not the only one who has heard this or that feels the same way, nice product but way too much hype.
So Wes what's the real deal?
Bryan the guy wearing a fire suit
?So Wes what's the real deal
Even if it was hype, so what. Isn't that what creates excitement and draws attention to a new product??? As a consumer, anyone can and should do their own research anyways to see what this hype is all about, and whether or not the product suits their needs and warrants purchase. Either buy it if you like or don't. Stop hatin' and let a brutha get his sell on. Good luck Froggy.

hot_diggity_dog
10-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey Ken Whats the deal with colors and graphics. LOL
http://www.tridentboats.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core:downloadItem&g2_itemId=485&g2_serialNumber=1
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kachinaken/PAINKILLER/painkillerport.jpg
HDD :cool:

Bryan Rose
10-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Even if it was hype, so what. Isn't that what creates excitement and draws attention to a new product??? As a consumer, anyone can and should do their own research anyways to see what this hype is all about, and whether or not the product suits their needs and warrants purchase. Either buy it if you like or don't. Stop hatin' and let a brutha get his sell on. Good luck Froggy.
not hatin' anything. You said it yourself do the research and make the conclusion and the do what is right....for the individual There is no info....... just hype.

HCS
10-29-2005, 04:20 PM
I see some splashing going on there. :argue:

HOOTER SLED-
10-29-2005, 04:24 PM
not hatin' anything. You said it yourself do the research and make the conclusion and the do what is right....for the individual There is no info....... just hype.
Hype=Marketing move
Makes peeps talk about your stuff. Creates a buzz. Makes peoples start threads and draw more attention to your product. Makes people want to know more.
Hype------> got you talking about it right? Sounds like it's working. :rollside:

Froggystyle
10-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Hype=Marketing move
Makes peeps talk about your stuff. Creates a buzz. Makes peoples start threads and draw more attention to your product. Makes people want to know more.
Hype------> got you talking about it right? Sounds like it's working. :rollside:
I'll take that definition.
I have a Halloween party to attend. We are going as Team America: World Police...
Should be hilarious.

cyclone
10-29-2005, 04:47 PM
How about some test data?
top speed?
cruising rpm?
minimum rpm to plane the boat out?
fuel economy?
maintenance schedule on the gearbox?
What kind of performance parts are in the jet pumps?
What kind of hardware are you using under the boat to feed the pumps?
Have you done any water testing to find the best combo for speed, acceleration or instead, safe cruising?
How long does it take the Revolution to get on plane with a full load of passengers?
I might have missed this info if it was in another thread so you'll have to forgive me. Sorry for all the questions Wes.
-mike

Bryan Rose
10-29-2005, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=Froggystyle]I'll take that definition.
QUOTE]
Cyclone
Good to see someone else has some questions.
INDEED it is working, BUt you can't run from the fact that there are no facts....or Data.
I hope it works for him and Trident , it would ne nice to have an innovative product out there.
Lots of companies in the 90's had great marketing and hype was all over the place with no proven product, when push came to shove and the product had to be brought to market and tested , flop, flop ,flop, and flop. Some times the product does not live up to the hype and it really hurts it, even thought it is a fantastic product it can happen...Anyhow I have a party to attend as well.
Have a good one Wes and no harm meant just playing devils advocate.
Bryan

Lightning
10-29-2005, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=Froggystyle]I'll take that definition.
QUOTE]
Cyclone
Good to see someone else has some questions.
INDEED it is working, BUt you can't run from the fact that there are no facts....or Data.
I hope it works for him and Trident , it would ne nice to have an innovative product out there.
Lots of companies in the 90's had great marketing and hype was all over the place with no proven product, when push came to shove and the product had to be brought to market and tested , flop, flop ,flop, and flop. Some times the product does not live up to the hype and it really hurts it, even thought it is a fantastic product it can happen...Anyhow I have a party to attend as well.
Have a good one Wes and no harm meant just playing devils advocate.
Bryan
If you go on the website and register you can get access to all the newsletter which give some info on initial testing, etc...

NashvilleBound
10-29-2005, 05:28 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Nobody EVER said there was deposits. I have been adamant about not taking them until we knew when and how much we could deliver for. A very nice couple actually picked the gel colors and had financing arranged for #2. That was the one with the Blosdale long block in it. Well, as the price climbed and we closed on completion, they were unfortunately priced out of the deal. That is the way the ball bounces.
Remember, three years ago, we were trying to keep the retail price of the boat under $100K. Now, I have that into cost of goods. If I had taken deposits on these boats, what would I have used for a price? Something to think about.
Additionally, buyers come and go with a development schedule this long. People who were ready to deposit and write checks two years ago have long since bought their new boats. Several are right here on this forum. Three paid far more for their new boats than they would for a Trident.
Even at the dealer level, we are doing only COD. No deposit required. But, payment in full is expected at the time of delivery.
Unless someone is building an ugly boat, there really isn't a need for the deposit. It hardly offsets any costs, and we are currently not having an interest problem through the dealers. Our decision to sell the first offering has everything to do with service and development. Period.

RiverToysJas
10-29-2005, 08:10 PM
I am pretty sure I heard the word deposit, but I don't listen very well. :hammer2:
Is there any photos of the complete boat, with the nose?

Charley
10-29-2005, 09:22 PM
If you go on the website and register you can get access to all the newsletter which give some info on initial testing, etc...
YOU MUST BE KIDDING.....
I have to "sign up" to get some info?
someone please just copy and paste :D

Lightning
10-30-2005, 11:29 AM
YOU MUST BE KIDDING.....
You can go on and read old updates on the site, registered members get the public info a few weeks in advance....

wsuwrhr
10-30-2005, 02:14 PM
YOU MUST BE KIDDING.....
Here you go.....
Trident boats web access (http://www.sbproducts.com)
Brian

Froggystyle
11-01-2005, 10:05 AM
How about some test data?
top speed?
cruising rpm?
minimum rpm to plane the boat out?
fuel economy?
maintenance schedule on the gearbox?
Have you done any water testing to find the best combo for speed, acceleration or instead, safe cruising?
How long does it take the Revolution to get on plane with a full load of passengers?
I might have missed this info if it was in another thread so you'll have to forgive me. Sorry for all the questions Wes.
-mike
Lots of this was included in the last update (A new one is forthcoming, I promise) but in order...
top speed?
We don't know the top speed yet with the stock motor as we are working on our new gear ratio and dry sump box right now, but we were running 70+ at just over 4200 RPM with 6 people in the boat.
Cruising RPM at 50 or so MPH is right around 3600 RPM.
Planing speed and RPM is nearly impossible to ascertain. With the boat as light as it is, there is zero bowrise and feels "planed" immediately. There is no perceived threshold that is overcome during acceleration, and with the exception of an initial acceleration slightly slower than the remaining pull, it feels like it is on a rail throughout the range. Video analysis shows the actual time to plane to be right around 1.75 seconds with the 0-60 time in the sub six second range. We expect an improvement with the gear change.
Fuel economy has not been rated yet. Best estimates are that it beats a 496 HO/Bravo in a competing deckboat by quite a bit. No way to compare apples to apples however as our boat is in excess of 2000 pounds lighter.
maintenance schedule on the gearbox? Other than checking and adding oil if neccessary, no more than a manual transmission in a car.
Place diverters, legend droops and the rest is 100% stock. No need for high performance pump parts.
Currently none. No inlet grates, no loaders, no inducers etc... There is a billet shoe and ride plate.
Jeff Bennett has been enlisted to assist us in setting up the bottom hardware, jet combination and ride plate angle. We are setting the thing up to run with the best combination for "all of the above". We are looking to retain our quite frankly amazing accleration and gain some more top speed while retaining reliability. Remember, the twin turbo motor delivers to the customer with a full warranty at 600 or so ;) horsepower. We are also rated by Progressive as a "runabout" and insurance for a good driver will cost about $1500/year in the stock configuration. For no charge, we will change the ECM program, fuel pressure and other sordid little details and you will walk away with 900+ horsepower on pump gas. The world is your oyster past that. This same motor with no hardware changes will easily make 1200 HP on good gas with the correct gearing. Time will tell what that will do to the top end and acceleration. We have only tested it with 650hp.
Thanks for the questions.

wsuwrhr
11-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Just wanted to get them all together
Brian

cyclone
11-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Lots of this was included in the last update (A new one is forthcoming, I promise) but in order...
top speed?
We don't know the top speed yet with the stock motor as we are working on our new gear ratio and dry sump box right now, but we were running 70+ at just over 4200 RPM with 6 people in the boat.
Cruising RPM at 50 or so MPH is right around 3600 RPM.
Planing speed and RPM is nearly impossible to ascertain. With the boat as light as it is, there is zero bowrise and feels "planed" immediately. There is no perceived threshold that is overcome during acceleration, and with the exception of an initial acceleration slightly slower than the remaining pull, it feels like it is on a rail throughout the range. Video analysis shows the actual time to plane to be right around 1.75 seconds with the 0-60 time in the sub six second range. We expect an improvement with the gear change.
Fuel economy has not been rated yet. Best estimates are that it beats a 496 HO/Bravo in a competing deckboat by quite a bit. No way to compare apples to apples however as our boat is in excess of 2000 pounds lighter.
maintenance schedule on the gearbox? Other than checking and adding oil if neccessary, no more than a manual transmission in a car.
Place diverters, legend droops and the rest is 100% stock. No need for high performance pump parts.
Currently none. No inlet grates, no loaders, no inducers etc... There is a billet shoe and ride plate.
Jeff Bennett has been enlisted to assist us in setting up the bottom hardware, jet combination and ride plate angle. We are setting the thing up to run with the best combination for "all of the above". We are looking to retain our quite frankly amazing accleration and gain some more top speed while retaining reliability. Remember, the twin turbo motor delivers to the customer with a full warranty at 600 or so ;) horsepower. We are also rated by Progressive as a "runabout" and insurance for a good driver will cost about $1500/year in the stock configuration. For no charge, we will change the ECM program, fuel pressure and other sordid little details and you will walk away with 900+ horsepower on pump gas. The world is your oyster past that. This same motor with no hardware changes will easily make 1200 HP on good gas with the correct gearing. Time will tell what that will do to the top end and acceleration. We have only tested it with 650hp.
Thanks for the questions.
Thanks for the info. if its half as quick as it sounds it must be quite fun to drive. you know a weekend at Lake Ming with a truckload of spare hardware and test equipment could help figure out the set up pretty easily. Think of how many believers you could make with a few time slips. The half track times would be interesting to see. :idea:

Squirtin Thunder
11-08-2005, 07:04 PM
The wide center sponson also provides space for another immediately recognizable innovation: the Dual Jet Drive . This new device, introduced by Harold Bruce and Gary Smith, provides a dual jet pump connected by a gear drive to a single engine. The Revolution is the first boat to be designed to accept this new drive. They expect stunning out-of-the-hole performance as well as impressive cruise and top-end numbers along with a truly legendary rooster tail. Jets, despite their inherent safety, acceleration and shallow water superiority have dwindled in numbers in recent years due to their lackluster performance in larger boats. The Dual Drive is expected to change all that, and the Revolution is first in line. Powering the unit will be a custom built, Whipple-charged, fuel-injected powerplant of over 600 horsepower designed specifically for Trident by Marine Assault Engines. (Custom built stern drives will be available for the as-yet unconvinced.)
I would like more info on the Duel Jet set-up. Does anyone have any more info ???

KACHINA KEN
05-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Bumpity Bump.

KACHINA KEN
05-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Does this make me a cheerleader?

Jrocket
05-09-2006, 07:20 PM
How many boats have been made/completed?
How many of these are sold,as in the buyers are using them?

Froggystyle
05-10-2006, 02:01 PM
How many boats have been made/completed?
How many of these are sold,as in the buyers are using them?
Only one on the water... for this week. The second is rapidly approaching complete, and the third is finally together after some fuel tank mods and re-design of the seat bases.
Train is rolling now!

Kilrtoy
05-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Does this make me a cheerleader?
Now I know why you had all those pom poms in your boat the other day