PDA

View Full Version : It just occured to me...

cyclone
10-26-2005, 06:31 PM
that if this sandbagging at njba races thing ends and nitrous is allowed in the brackets..the spectator count should increase tenfold. People will come from far and wide to see the fireworks and someone is gonna have to park themselves next to the starting line barge with a catcher's mit when all those fiberglass scoops take flight!
can you say pop-boom! :D

screamdreambrad
10-26-2005, 06:34 PM
makes for great pictures! :supp:

cyclone
10-26-2005, 06:35 PM
sure does. i love fireworks.

djdtpr
10-26-2005, 07:14 PM
It just might up the boat count at the races also.

bigkatboat
10-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Wow! It's hard to believe! That BS has been uncorrected for so long!

Cs19
10-26-2005, 07:23 PM
NOS in the brackets is a good thing. Everyone please vote for the rule change.

djdtpr
10-26-2005, 07:40 PM
NOS is cool in brackets in classes and in the cab of the truck with the windows up! :2purples:

jweeks123
10-26-2005, 07:41 PM
they'll need another dumpster at the out ramp for all the nitrous'd motor parts :D

Cs19
10-26-2005, 07:51 PM
The blown boats have been known to put on a show as well, atleast when they start.
They should have a second dumpster at the end of the track for blower motor parts. I bet the blown dumpster fills up first. :)

Jim Brock
10-26-2005, 07:58 PM
If the sandbagging rule passes, there will be no nitrous allowed, there is a rule that says no nitrous allowed in the brackets, and no one put a change to change that.

77charger
10-26-2005, 08:06 PM
that if this sandbagging at njba races thing ends and nitrous is allowed in the brackets..the spectator count should increase tenfold. People will come from far and wide to see the fireworks and someone is gonna have to park themselves next to the starting line barge with a catcher's mit when all those fiberglass scoops take flight!
I am hoping it goes so i can play next year. :) We plan on testing new set up the first 2 races.

77charger
10-26-2005, 08:07 PM
NOS in the brackets is a good thing. Everyone please vote for the rule change.
you know what we can do!!! ;)

superdave013
10-26-2005, 08:14 PM
haha I bet the spectator count could go up ten fold and they all could still car pool in the same truck!
but that aside that dudes scoop must have went 30' + in the air!! I see he got it fixed before the last race. And yes, I was watching for a repete performance that didn't happen.

Cs19
10-26-2005, 08:14 PM
If the sandbagging rule passes, there will be no nitrous allowed, there is a rule that says no nitrous allowed in the brackets, and no one put a change to change that.
The way I understood it was..If the sandbagging rule changes, so will the NOS in the brackets rule.IHBA allows it, why not allow it with NJBA?

superdave013
10-26-2005, 08:17 PM
The way I understood it was..If the sandbagging rule changes, so will the NOS in the brackets rule.IHBA allows it, why not allow it with NJBA?
Jim is scared of the gas brah! Prolly goes back to him getting taken advantage of by the family dentist. ;)
Jim, Your JET BOAT was looking good last weekend.

Cs19
10-26-2005, 08:18 PM
haha I bet the spectator count could go up ten fold and they all could still car pool in the same truck!
but that aside that dudes scoop must have went 30' + in the air!! I see he got it fixed before the last race. And yes, I was watching for a repete performance that didn't happen.
If your speaking of 547 (flaming ultra) he actually didnt fix it, he just bolted it back on, the scoop is tottally hammered.Watch for that boat next season, its gonna haul ass.

superdave013
10-26-2005, 08:24 PM
If your speaking of 547 (flaming ultra) he actually didnt fix it, he just bolted it back on, the scoop is tottally hammered.Watch for that boat next season, its gonna haul ass.
He had to fix thos carbs

Cs19
10-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Oh, yes the carbs and manifold had serious issues.The throttle plates looked like tacos. The manifold grenaded so hard shrapnel dinged up the back of his helmet pretty bad.It may have killed him if it had happened at the river.The bottle was left on for like 20 minutes with the leaky solenoid..KABOOOOM :eek:

steelcomp
10-26-2005, 08:32 PM
can you say pop-boom!
No, it's pop, BOOM!:D :D

OMAHA 18
10-26-2005, 08:55 PM
sand baggin takes away the fun, if you cut a good light and you dont have to sand bag the guy has to play catch up and he will more likely break out anyways. besides flats already sand bag with the plate.

cyclone
10-26-2005, 10:08 PM
The blown boats have been known to put on a show as well, atleast when they start.
They should have a second dumpster at the end of the track for blower motor parts. I bet the blown dumpster fills up first. :)
oh i dont know. i think the bins will be equally full. while we all know the blower guys make up for lacking set ups by adding more boost...i'm sure there would be an awfuly lot of slower boats looking to move up just by adding a 200 shot or more. and you can bet there would be a lot of newbies to the world of nitrous burning down motors looking for that extra couple of tenths. I hope it goes that way. should be fun.

Cs19
10-27-2005, 07:22 AM
oh i dont know. i think the bins will be equally full. while we all know the blower guys make up for lacking set ups by adding more boost...i'm sure there would be an awfuly lot of slower boats looking to move up just by adding a 200 shot or more. and you can bet there would be a lot of newbies to the world of nitrous burning down motors looking for that extra couple of tenths. I hope it goes that way. should be fun.
Its racing..Either way the bins are gonna get filled up and the wallet gets drained.
The way I look at is, race as much as you can now cause there may be a time coming up in your life when you cannot pull it off due to having a family or whatever it may be.
:D

BUSBY
10-27-2005, 07:29 AM
Jim ... I think you should get with Guthrie here ... I agree w/ Chris ... if the rule about "no sandbagging" is voted to go away ... which means we would allow sandbagging ... it changes the reason for no nitrous in the brackets, and nitrous would be allowed. The whole reason for stating that nitrous was not allowed was because people could sandbag with it.
Guthrie has all of the request for rule changes, as he is the Secretary ... he will know better, you'd have to call him about that.
It's no secret how I feel ... ALLOW SANDBAGGING & ALLOW NITROUS! I know you think differently Jim. Sorry, but it will bring out more boats, and that is what it is all about IMO.
Brian

Jim Brock
10-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Brian, i agree with you, if the sanbagging goes in we should allow anything, but a rule is a rule and it's to late to change that rule about nitrous now, someone should have been smart enough to include in the proposal for sandbagging, you can't change it till next year on the ballot

mj680
10-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Brian, i agree with you, if the sanbagging goes in we should allow anything, but a rule is a rule and it's to late to change that rule about nitrous now, someone should have been smart enough to include in the proposal for sandbagging, you can't change it till next year on the ballot
Sometimes when a rule get changed it affects different areas of the rule book.The board can fix this at there meeting at any time.It just takes a little common sense. :idea: ;) It goes back to the intent of the no nitrous rule. Why wait another year,if its better for the club. :wink:

BUSBY
10-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Actually, there was a request to allow Nitrous & it was decided to have the members vote on the sandbagging issue as that was the original reason for the no nitrous ... and Ron is correct, the elimination of the no sandbagging rule would effect the previous no nitrous decision ... so there would be no need for the subsequent rule.

Jim Brock
10-27-2005, 11:18 PM
A rule can be fixed or changed at a rules meeting only and voted upon by the members, just because one rule gets changed, the board cannot change whatever they want to.The changed rule should have contained the rest of the rules they wanted to change at the same time. to be voted upon by the members, it is there club not the board members club, mj680 is not a member of njba, he is use to running ihba the are not a club they are a racing organization they make the rules as the go and changed them when the want, ther are no gray areas, only black and white, it took a vote to get it in there and it takes a vote to get it out.

Cs19
10-28-2005, 07:01 AM
Jim Brock, why are you against the NOS in the brackets?

bp
10-28-2005, 07:04 AM
the primary reason this change was proposed was the way the rule has been enforced. over the past many years, many people have been dq'd for s'bagging. However, not one of these situations involved "fender racing".
funny, of the two hydros i faced last sunday, one ran 0.64 under the number, the other ran 0.12 under the number, both trying to catch me. wonder what that means :wink:
use n2, pump your boost, do whatever; just get on the rope...

mj680
10-28-2005, 07:50 AM
A rule can be fixed or changed at a rules meeting only and voted upon by the members, just because one rule gets changed, the board cannot change whatever they want to.The changed rule should have contained the rest of the rules they wanted to change at the same time. to be voted upon by the members, it is there club not the board members club, mj680 is not a member of njba, he is use to running ihba the are not a club they are a racing organization they make the rules as the go and changed them when the want, ther are no gray areas, only black and white, it took a vote to get it in there and it takes a vote to get it out.
Jim Brock...WE buy one membership for one boat,just like YOU and Kenny. :argue:
PS...Your rule change last tear KILLED Mod Jet. :eat:

BUSBY
10-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Jim, you were there ... the suggestion to allow No2 was presented ... and it was agreed at that meeting that if the Sandbagging rule was eliminated ... that the No2 rule would no longer be needed ... you voted against it ... to keep everything the way it is ... but the majority vote was to let the members vote about what they wanted and IF the results of the returns get rid of th no sandbagging rule ... then all of the rules that were instituted to regulate sandbagging would be eliminated, this would include the regulation on No2 ...
It would not be the "board changing whatever they want to" ... it would be a result of the club members voting to eliminate the no sandbagging rule and all regulations that followed that rule.

BUSBY
10-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Jim Brock, why are you against the NOS in the brackets?
I agree ... it's not helping our boat count ... only hurting it ... let 'em run it ... I want the club to grow ... not regulate people away from it!

screamdreambrad
10-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Thank You Mr. Busby, Cs, Bp,& Mr Ron Pitts!

screamdreambrad
10-28-2005, 08:44 AM
Oh Yeah,almost Forgot, Itsnational Jet Boat Association, Not Jim Brock Association.

Taylorman
10-28-2005, 09:20 AM
Can someone explain sandbagging. I assume its someone running in the 8 second class with a boat capable of running in the 7's right. So whats the big deal about sandbagging? Just trying to figure this out so i can understand what the debate is about.

BUSBY
10-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Oh Yeah,almost Forgot, Itsnational Jet Boat Association, Not Jim Brock Association.
I'm not against Jim here ... just reminding him about what was said and decided at the board meeting ... he is correct when he says the decision is up to the members not the board ... but the No2 rule is a derivative of the snadbagging rule & the board had a lenghty discussion about how the two suggestions to rid the club of these rules would be met if the members voted out the no sandbagging rule ...
So ... there were two written suggestions to the board to be presented at the rules meeting ... 1) eliminate the "no sandbagging" rule & 2) allow nitrous in the brackets ... the decision of the majority of the board members and the club memebers present was 1)to place the suggestion about the sandbagging on the ballot & 2) that the No2 deal would follow the vote (to keep/or not to keep) based on if sandbagging is allowed or not.
We cannot go back and change if the two are joined at the hip ... that was already decided by a majority vote.
Let the members decide if we are going to allow sandbagging ... if they do, all kinds of things could change IMO, not just No2 ... :idea:

BUSBY
10-28-2005, 09:42 AM
Can someone explain sandbagging. I assume its someone running in the 8 second class with a boat capable of running in the 7's right. So whats the big deal about sandbagging? Just trying to figure this out so i can understand what the debate is about.
Hey Kev ...
Sandbaggin' is like what you are saying ... let's say a boat at max speed can run a 7.85 ... he will not be able to compete in our 7.50 bracket ... so he runs a 8 second deal to try to win ...
right now, we do not let the driver lift (his throttle foot) no matter what in the brackets ... if you break out (go faster than 8.0) you loose ... period. The idea is, tune your boat to run the number ... but it's hard ... real hard in .5 second brackets.
I lost a round in my 7.0 second bracket because at 1/2 track, I figured my competetion broke ... I let out of the throttle to save my motor and take the win ... stupid loss & stupidity on my part (because I know the rule) ... as it stands right now ... if you lift, you loose.
The debate on nitrous is as follows:
If there is a rule stating "no sandbagging", you should not allow drivers to be able use nitrous due to timers & the ability for the driver to manipulate his engine power and et's ...
If there is no rule about sandbagging whatsoever, allowing the drivers to lift and try to be consistant enough to run the number that way ... who cares what you run ... just don't break out or you loose. IMO ... there will be no issue by ridding the club of the "no sandbagging" rule ... everyone will still try to run what they want to run, as thay already are.
That is what we are talking about ... it's an arguement that will never go away ... some believe one way, others the other way ... that's why we need a majority vote from the club members

Jetboatguru
10-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Here is how assanine the Sandbagging rule is.
Hypothetical
1)Busby sees that his competition is broke
2)Busby hauls ass down the course because he knows the rule
3)Busby catches some rollers and crashes
4)Busby is carted off in a stretcher but will be ok with just some broken bones.
All of this while his competition is broke on the line.
Any chance to avoid possible injury is better no matter how you look at it.
How can NJBA argue against safety?

BUSBY
10-28-2005, 09:51 AM
the primary reason this change was proposed was the way the rule has been enforced. over the past many years, many people have been dq'd for s'bagging. However, not one of these situations involved "fender racing".
EXACTLY!I was trying to save my engine!
funny, of the two hydros i faced last sunday, one ran 0.64 under the number, the other ran 0.12 under the number, both trying to catch me. wonder what that means :wink:
EXACTLY!And they say sandbagging isn't happening already, who are we kidding here?
use n2, pump your boost, do whatever; just get on the rope...
EXACTLY!Run what you brung, right? Just don't break out ... or you LOOSE!

BUSBY
10-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Here is how assanine the Sandbagging rule is.
Hypothetical
1)Busby sees that his competition is broke
2)Busby hauls ass down the course because he knows the rule
3)Busby catches some rollers and crashes
4)Busby is carted off in a stretcher but will be ok with just some broken bones.
All of this while his competition is broke on the line.
Any chance to avoid possible injury is better no matter how you look at it.
How can NJBA argue against safety?
you forgot:
5)Busby gets better and comes back and goes postal because he lost his boat due to a lame rule.

cyclone
10-28-2005, 10:06 AM
you forgot:
5)Busby gets better and comes back and goes postal because he lost his boat due to a lame rule.
and puts a foot in someone's ass too! lol one foot will hurt more than the other. sorry i couldnt resist. how's it going, gimpy? :wink:

BUSBY
10-28-2005, 10:17 AM
and puts a foot in someone's ass too! lol one foot will hurt more than the other. sorry i couldnt resist. how's it going, gimpy? :wink:
Now that I have my foot in someone else's ass ... not so good. :D
All kidding aside, foot's better ... got rid of the stitches and the walking cast ... now just waiting for it to heal ... it'll be better by Phoenix ...

bp
10-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey Kev ...
Sandbaggin' is like what you are saying ... let's say a boat at max speed can run a 7.85 ... he will not be able to compete in our 7.50 bracket ... so he runs a 8 second deal to try to win ...
nonono, sandbaggin' is runnin' an 8.44, then tossin' a big bag 'o' sand in the boat so it slows down to run the 8.50 bracket... :eek:
sorry, couldn't help it... larry the cable guy made me do it..

BUSBY
10-28-2005, 04:09 PM
nonono, sandbaggin' is runnin' an 8.44, then tossin' a big bag 'o' sand in the boat so it slows down to run the 8.50 bracket... :eek:
sorry, couldn't help it... larry the cable guy made me do it..
That's funny ...
Every time I hear the name Larry ... I think of Bob Newhart & the guy who said , "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl" :D

screamdreambrad
10-28-2005, 04:30 PM
BRIAN I WASN'T SAYING YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IS AGAINST JIM. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST JIM BUT HIS UNWILLINNESS TO ACCEPT CHANGE!!!! :argue:

Cs19
10-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the clarification Busby.
Hopefully the rules change and we get some more boats next season, I heard today IHBA can have 25 boats in the 9 second class, thats unreal.To get a win after going that many rounds must feel great.I just hope NJBA stays kinda the same way it is now,most everyone is cool and there is no drama.

bp
10-29-2005, 05:07 AM
i've seen 25 in the 10 and more than that in the 9. you need more than just one jones in the staging lanes to line that up :cool:
btw, off topic, but the water last weekend was NOT rough. in fact, i haven't seen any rough water at ming all year. but firebird, marble falls, and sd? it can get a little choppy... :cool:

cyclone
10-29-2005, 06:30 AM
i guess i must have just imagined the gusts of wind and wind chop that came and went during several of my passes then bob. Mother nature-she's tricky that one.

mj680
10-29-2005, 06:42 AM
i've seen 25 in the 10 and more than that in the 9. you need more than just one jones in the staging lanes to line that up :cool:
btw, off topic, but the water last weekend was NOT rough. in fact, i haven't seen any rough water at ming all year. but firebird, marble falls, and sd? it can get a little choppy... :cool:
Are you kidding.One Jones in the staging lanes is enough. :2purples:

BUSBY
10-29-2005, 07:55 AM
Are you kidding.One Jones in the staging lanes is enough. :2purples:
:D Ron ... you're getting funnier every day ... :D

Cs19
10-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Mike have you put any thought into Phoenix? DJD says hes going.
Bring that ultra out, I want a piece.
:shift:

BUSBY
10-30-2005, 08:44 AM
:D

cyclone
10-30-2005, 09:24 AM
you sure? :eek:

Cs19
10-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Im positive.
:eat:

cyclone
10-30-2005, 03:05 PM
gimme a call. we going to the block tonight for drinks.