PDA

View Full Version : cam suggestions

dreamsicle
10-26-2005, 06:36 PM

cstraub
10-27-2005, 04:49 AM
Manassas, VA. . ..hell your right up the road. Who does your work, C&C?
First what do you want to accomplish? MPH, HP, what is your goal? Second what king of RPM are we dealing with?

cstraub
10-27-2005, 06:08 AM
Keith,
You could base line it off of what the Darts flow and yes over what you have there is room for improvement, but the biggest bang for the buck would be to flow a head and see what we have to work with. If your going to change cams you have to pop the intake off anyway and take all the rockers loose. 10 more minutes and you can have a head off.

steelcomp
10-27-2005, 06:16 AM
I was thinking of a cam change this winter and am looking for suggestions. Here is what I have now: BBC, 540ci(4.5 bore, 4.25 stroke), 6.385 h-beam rods, 10:1 SRP pistons, Dart Pro1 heads(310cc runners, gasket matched and pocket ported but unfortunately I don't have flow numbers), MSD ignition(billet distributor and 6AL box) and a Weiand tunnel ram with 2-750dp's. The cam I have now is a Herbert solid roller, CBH2, .642/.642 lift, advertised duration 285/285, duration @ .050 242/242 and 110 lobe center. The engine is in a 19' Hallett bubbledeck jet with a Berkley JG pump with an Aggressor "B" impeller(which is like an "A" berk). Like everyone I would like a little more and would like to hear some suggestions. I would prefer not to have to pull the pistons to have deeper reliefs cut, but I will if I have to. What do you all think would be a good cam for this application. Thanks for any help...KeithI'm with Chris, here. It's inexpensive to flow a head, adn without it, you're only guessing, and leaving hp on the table. The other thing I'd do wold be to get rid of the Weiand TR, and go with the Edelbrock or the Dart...preferably the Dart, but they're expensive. Then, you have basically the best off-the-shelf combination you're going to get, and can build some relatively good hp.