PDA

View Full Version : has anyone driven the dcbfx-28

MOVIEMONEY
10-26-2005, 08:06 PM
I am in the market to buy a new boat ,it's between the dcb fx-28 and the howard bullet. I am leanig way more twords the howard for maney resons ,but I can pick up the a used fx-28 w/ a575sci real cheep. I am just not too sure of the boat. I have been told it's still a 28 elimintor.I know everything that I can about the howard by the fact that Gene and Mike are friends of mine.

Troubles No More
10-26-2005, 08:18 PM
What Is A Friend.
A friend is someone you can trust a has a great boat. Buy The HOWARD
and count yourself very lucky that you have a friend.

FASTERDAMITT
10-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Decisions... The Howard may be better in alot of performance qualities. If you want to run triple digits also. Nothing wrong with the DCB. Just doesn't handle big water or speed as well. So they say. I have yet to see a Howard offshore, however the hull looks better for rough water.

MOVIEMONEY
10-26-2005, 09:13 PM
I thought the same ,but the DCB is A LOT less money

INSman
10-26-2005, 11:11 PM
I thought the same ,but the DCB is A LOT less money
So, go drive the DCB and if you like it buy it :cool:

DCBDaytona
10-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Have you been in each ot these boats? They are completely different in all aspects. If you want a go-fast step-vee with minimal freeboard, go with the Howard. It is an amazing boat. If you want a deep-vee step bottom, with lots of freeboard, go with the DCB. The DCB is a hell of a lot bigger than the Howard and that is the difference in speed. As for handling, the DCB should perform better since it has the weight/size advantage. Based on what I've ridden in and observed, from a step-vee perspective I would go with the DCB.

FASTERDAMITT
10-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Another thing is, do you like the colors/design on the DCB?

MOVIEMONEY
10-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks for all of the good input. still a hard choice-now I just found out that
I can buy a new DCB with all the options that I want and colors for a very very good price.Regarding the hulls wieght and size in a v are not the key elements in speed, rough water ride and good water ride...FASTERDAMIT may agree with me on this. Both boats will have 700hp.Howard-TP700,DCB-Teague 720.From the looks of being in both boats I found that the Howard has more room in the back seat .

TPI
10-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Make a list of what your Boating priorities are, IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE. If speed/handling is one of your top choices, you really should ask yourself, "How fast am I realistically going to want to go"? That is a tough question to answer honestly, especially if you put a dollar limit on your answer. Then you need to find out if the hull you chose can do it SAFELY. Maybe the price is a big player in your descision, No problem, It should be. Even a good deal on a used powerboat is a lot of money though. Make your list, It might be a long one, thats OK, the answer will be clear then. If it was me, I would not put dollar figures anywhere on the list.....................yet. Do that last, if possible. Good luck...............................

MOVIEMONEY
10-27-2005, 02:59 PM
You know what GT...you are more right then you think. I should have called you first.You have been right every time that we have talked.I just wanted to hear anyone has driven that boat or owns one had to say.I think my mind is still set onthe howard.Thanks ,Rocky

TPI
10-27-2005, 04:44 PM
I had a feeling that was you Rocky.................................Good luck with whatever you choose. There are a couple of guys that have those DCB F28's on these forums, maybe the sandbar? There are a few guys around with Howard Bullets too............................................... ..............They seem to always speak up.............................. :D

Essex502
10-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Howard.

10-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Yep, I'm biased too! But I've driven the DCB, and it's a great boat (different ride). Happy hunting!

02HoWaRd26
10-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Ya I would go with the howard even though these are probably 2 of the best built boats out there