PDA

View Full Version : Any intrest in cost effective AN fittings???

superdave013
09-26-2003, 05:06 PM
I just got hooked up with a new line of AN fittings. They are made to the same mill specs as all the other guys.
Will be in all kinds of anodized finishes as well as nickel. Also will have a complete line of stainless steel fittings as well.
These will sell for MUCH less then any other place I have ever seen. Even better then the Bro hook ups I can get.
So what do you guys think? Should I pick up this line? The cost saving will be passed on to you if I do.
[ September 26, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

Cole Sanger
09-26-2003, 05:34 PM
I think you just answered your own question. :D

HammerDown
09-26-2003, 07:04 PM
No Brainer.

Havasu Hangin'
09-26-2003, 07:46 PM
superdave013:
So what do you guys think? Should I pick up this line? The cost saving will be passed on to you if I do. Let's see...no hastle for us (in fact we don't have to lift a finger)...and you take all the grief...
...but we get the benefits?
I'll have to think about it.

MikeC
09-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Go for it SD, please post the info on the RealJetBoats.com parts page. We all would like to go stainless and not have to take a 2nd on the house to do so. Maybe a good Idea to test them out first.....

GofastRacer
09-26-2003, 08:30 PM
superdave013:
I just got hooked up with a new line of AN fittings. They are made to the same mill specs as all the other guys.
Will be in all kinds of anodized finishes as well as nickel. Also will have a complete line of stainless steel fittings as well.
These will sell for MUCH less then any other place I have ever seen. Even better then the Bro hook ups I can get.
So what do you guys think? Should I pick up this line? The cost saving will be passed on to you if I do. Well in that case I guess you can send my catalog back huh!.. :p

Brodie
09-26-2003, 08:34 PM
what are An fitings?

BrendellaJet
09-26-2003, 08:38 PM
What sort of prices will you be offering? Any pics?

GofastRacer
09-26-2003, 08:46 PM
Brodie:
what are An fitings? AN stands for "Army Navy"... :)

superdave013
09-26-2003, 09:31 PM
MikeC:
Go for it SD, please post the info on the RealJetBoats.com parts page. We all would like to go stainless and not have to take a 2nd on the house to do so. Maybe a good Idea to test them out first..... Hey, thanks for the offer to post them on your site. I have some sample fittings now and should have the s.s. hose real soon.
Over the years I've used every brand of AN fitting. These are right up there with the Aeroquip stuff if you ask me. They look real good.

superdave013
09-26-2003, 09:32 PM
BrendellaJet:
What sort of prices will you be offering? Any pics? I'll get some pics up as soon as I get a sample of all the different finishes. You're gonna like the prices.

boatguy222
09-27-2003, 05:10 AM
SD
I'am interested in the stainless stuff, if you get a chance email me whats available.
[ September 27, 2003, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: boatguy222 ]

wsuwrhr
09-27-2003, 07:25 AM
Dave,
How can you test them if your boat doesn't run? haha.
Brian
[ September 27, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

Hotcrusader76
09-27-2003, 10:39 AM
superdave013:
[QUOTE]
Over the years I've used every brand of AN fitting. These are right up there with the Aeroquip stuff if you ask me. They look real good. Dave,
So you have tryed the XRP brand and do you think Aeroquip or your new prospective brand is superior in design and function?
IMHO; the XRP is superior in quality to anything else out there today. Now I don't believe I have tried the fittings you're speaking of, but I tend to favor function over looks with fittings, even though the XRP does absolutely have the best anodized finish. XRP's finish tends to fade at a slower rate then Aeroquips already dull look.
Could you post some examples of fittings this new company makes? How close is the thread count to Aeroquip, XRP, and these other fitting makers. It was from my understanding and research that certain companies were making these components overseas and the quality assurance departments were weak if not non-existant, this caused an issue with strength of the threads. Has this plagued you with any problems before?
Now here is a comparison of an 08-NPT Aeroquip depicted on the left of both images and an XRP 08-NPT on the right of each image.
Look at the XRP's contoured entrance to the fitting. This creates an undisturbed flow and alot less resistance. Granted the difference in flow isn't enought to be noticed in a Lake boat but what about a 900HP Alcohol application or a 900HP+ Turbo outfit?
Not to mention that the XRP has a narrower body for tighter clearances and more thread on the 08 fitting side.
Now don't get me wrong, XRP fittings are not easy on the wallet, but what's two or three hundred more dollars invested into a entire boat fuel/water system worth to you if you could get another 2 years or so out of it...Just trying to be objective here..that's all
http://www.tpcracing.com/images_temp/XRP-08NPT_400.jpg
http://www.tpcracing.com/images_temp/XRP-08NPTa_400.jpg
[ September 27, 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Hotcrusader76
09-27-2003, 10:43 AM
BTW- both of these fittings are brand spanking new right out of my inventory, they've never seen anything but the flouresant light in the shop.

superdave013
09-27-2003, 12:51 PM
Ty, right now I only have the hose ends. I'll have to check out the NPT threads when I get them. I'll let you know. The hose ends look pretty dang nice.
I agree that XRP is the BEST out there right now. But for a lot of people it's the cost that keeps the rubber hose on their boat instead of the braided lines.
I am going to try my best to get these hose ends in peoples hands for much less then what an XRP end will cost. For a jet boat guy that can't dump 3K in plumbing these are just the ticket.
The batch I have now the red is kinda dull compared to the XRP's. But it's just a sample the was made for the Euro market. The polished clear anno, and nickle looks kick ass and the s.s. ends look the best but are kinda heavy for the gram counting racer. I like the ones I saw with the black nut and the rest of the fitting was a gray color kinda like a hard anno.
When I get the final product I will send you a sample.
[ September 29, 2003, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

hack job
09-27-2003, 09:21 PM
superdave013:
Ty, right now I only have the hose ends. I'll have to check out the NPT threads when I get them. I'll let you know. The hose ends look pretty dang nice.
I agree that XRP is the BEST out there right now. But for a lot of people it's the cost that keeps the rubber hose on their boat instead of the braided lines.
I am going to try my best to get these hose ends in peoples hands for under HALF of what an XRP end will cost. For a jet boat guy that can't dump 3K in plumbing these are just the ticket.
The batch I have now the red is kinda dull compared to the XRP's. But it's just a sample the was made for the Euro market. The polished clear anno, and nickle looks kick ass and the s.s. ends look the best but are kinda heavy for the gram counting racer. I like the ones I saw with the black nut and the rest of the fitting was a gray color kinda like a hard anno.
When I get the final product I will send you a sample. dave ill want to see some samples as well! wink

ssmike
09-28-2003, 12:57 PM
superdave013:
I agree that XRP is the BEST out there right now. But for a lot of people it's the cost that keeps the rubber hose on their boat instead of the braided lines. Dave,
I agree with you and 76 re: the superiority of XRP.
However, I am very interested in the idea of cost-effective AN fittings and SS Hose. (muscle car restoration)
Please post some photos of the samples when you can.

396_Z
09-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Dave, as soon as you get the samples could you post pics? I'm compiling my AN and hose shopping list in the next week or two. I'm going to be buying everything needed to set up the whole boat.

roostwear
09-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Dave,
I'm going to need 1" fittings and hose to replace the cooling system on the roadster. If you need something to shoot for some promo shots, I am local!