PDA

View Full Version : Oops!!

phebus
05-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Friday, May 12, 2006 Last modified: Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:14 PM MDT
News-Herald Photo/Dave Bell Taking a breather between salvage attempts, Daryl Long of Lake Havasu City, above, sits on top of a Dodge Dakota truck that rolled into the water off the Site Six launch ramp Thursday.
Boat, trailer and car fall into lake at Site Six
By DAVID BELL
A West Covina, Calif., man said an unfastened strap on a boat trailer dragged his truck into the water at the Site Six launch ramp Thursday.
Don Snider said he was launching his boat at about 1 p.m. Thursday and attempted to pull away when he realized the right rear strap between the trailer and boat was still fastened. “The boat didn't take off and when I went out to get it, the truck popped into gear.”
Snider said he wasn't able to get back in the cab of the Dodge Dakota mid-size truck in time to stop it from submerging. Daryl Long of Lake Havasu City was just getting ready to head out fishing when he saw the vehicle hit the water. He dived in attempting to attach a rope to the vehicle to be towed out by his Jeep, but was unable to move the truck. He also went underwater to unfasten the straps that caused the accident in the first place.
“I just tried to rescue as much as I could, to help the guy,” Long said.
Snider and his wife Carol own a vacation home in Lake Havasu City. The pair had been in the city for two weeks and planning to head back to California today.
“We'll rent a car to get home,” Snider said. “At home I have a couple of cars so we can get around. And I have insurance to cover this one being ruined.”
The accident closed the free launch ramp for about two hours until a wrecker towed the truck and trailer out of the water.
You may contact the reporter at dbell@havasunews.com

Warlockjer
05-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Saw it at Site 6 yesterday. The owner was trying to start it and I said forget it, The engine is flooded... :) :) :)

pjones
05-12-2006, 06:22 AM
"And that there folks concludes today's lesson on how NOT
to launch yer bass rig."