no place to tie down the front of the hull,
I'll have to weld something up front does
anyone have suggestions for me or pictures
of how yours are held down?
Appreciate any suggestions!!
Harlem

DMB
02-20-2002, 06:18 PM
Mine sits above the trailer also, I don't know how wide your boat is but mine is maxed out,it just fits between the lines goin down the road.

Robbie Racer
02-20-2002, 07:07 PM
Halem, is your boat a jet or hydro? I will assume that it is a jet drive since it is here on the cats & tunnels forum. I own a 19' Eliminator Daytona where the boat does sit down between the finders and a 25' Carrera tunnel that due to it's increased width, sits above (and over) the fenders. The Daytona trailer only has two "bunks" (2"x12" planks) that the boat sits on. The center tie down arm for the bow eye is attached to a center support. It sounds like the previous owner may have put your boat on a trailer that may have not originally been supplied with it. I wouldn't think it would be safe to tow a boat on a trailer that didn't have a bow eye arm to secure it to the trailer. Good luck.

HavasuDreamin'
02-21-2002, 06:22 AM
Harlem, I agree with RobbieRacer. I also own a 19' Daytona. The boat should sit between the fenders, approximately an inch or two above the main frame of the trailer. You absolutely need a bow tie down. My trailer is set up exactly like RR's up front. Good luck!

slowinhavasu
02-21-2002, 12:24 PM
speaking of trailers. just a reminder. i was changing tires on both trailers over the last two weekends.
if i was towing from cal. and would of had to change a tire on the road i would have been screwd.....
pull them off at home put a little anti seize on your lugs and torque them back down.
it will make an on the road, tire change much easier.