PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Stewart

Caribbean Jet
10-27-2005, 03:26 PM
I was driving up the 15 this morning and had to take a conference call so I pulled off the freeway by the Kawasaki track to take the call. While I was sitting there Bubba came flying by on the new 450. Could he be changing bikes for the new season?

LAVEYSABRE575
10-27-2005, 03:44 PM
hes diffently rideing a 450 next year............

Nord
10-27-2005, 03:49 PM
You'll have to speak to Where's my Keys on this one...........
I heard he is sleeping with Ricky Carmichael!!! :cool: :hammer2:

Caribbean Jet
10-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Just think how fast their kids would be:)

riverroyal
10-27-2005, 06:51 PM
soooo many times :D

IN2-IN2MX
10-27-2005, 06:53 PM
Hilarious. :D

riverroyal
10-27-2005, 07:15 PM
i hung out at lunch with David Bailey and his son shawn a few days back,he is workin on a few things next year,top secret,and you guys thought i wasnt a insider :rolleyes:

Mrs.Racer277
10-27-2005, 07:46 PM
hey cowboy, if i'm sleeping w/ rc, then how would i know about bubba ? just because i saw him and talked to him up @ oakley on mon ! ..... but i have no comment - i promised ;) - keyes
You are sleeping with RC too??? :devil: You @@ore you!!! :D

Mrs.Racer277
10-27-2005, 08:49 PM
no, you know i'm not sleeping with the red-head, nord just wants someone else to be in his "special closet" with him :idea: ;) - keyes
LOL!
I would not kick the Aussi out of bed. :D :D Oops did I just say that out loud. :rolleyes: :D

Caribbean Jet
10-27-2005, 08:52 PM
But would you lick him out if he went back to racing on the 2 stroke.

Redrider
10-27-2005, 08:57 PM
I know a few inside things about MX and SX
I don't think anyone including Bubba has for sure picked the 450 for SX. I know all of the guys are testing, but not all for sure riding them. RC and Reed are also testing both.
The only rider riding a 250 2 stroke for Honda is MC. The rest of the team will be on 450s.

Mrs.Racer277
10-27-2005, 08:59 PM
But would you lick him out if he went back to racing on the 2 stroke.
Kick or Lick :rolleyes: :) :) :rollside:

Woodster
10-27-2005, 09:22 PM
I heard that Kawie is just testing right now and Stewart hasnt decided on the 450 yet. He had a small get off the other day on it, so im sure that didnt help his confidence. He really likes the bike though so I guess we'll have to wait and see

tcook33
10-28-2005, 07:42 AM
mc is on his own team (not factory honda's) and i believe the "rock" is going to saddle up the "factory connection" two-stroke 2 fitty this sx season - dammit, i said i wouldn't comment on mx until ana #1 (sorry) :cry: :) keyes
MC is on the factory Honda part time (6 races) right?

tcook33
10-28-2005, 07:56 AM
hes diffently rideing a 450 next year............
None of the big boys have confirmed yet. They are all playing a mind game......

Racer277
10-28-2005, 08:08 AM
RC was on Windtunnel on Sunday night.
"I will ride the 250 for the Supercross Series. It's a long season. Only Anaheim and a few others are 450 races. It's not yet time for the 450, that will be in a few years. That'll be a sad day."
Of course, he could be bluffing. He wanted to race the 250 at Vegas, but getting sick didn't allow him enough practice time on it, so he stayed with the 450.
That seemed to work just fine.
Wish they'd stick to race bikes, and make the streetbikes another class...

Mrs. casean
10-28-2005, 08:12 AM
mc is on his own team (not factory honda's) and i believe the "rock" is going to saddle up the "factory connection" two-stroke 2 fitty this sx season - dammit, i said i wouldn't comment on mx until ana #1 (sorry) :cry: :) keyes
You just can't help yourself now can you :D It's alright... it's desert season now so it's okay to talk about mx & sx... no need to wait until Jan 7th! 3 months to go!

tcook33
10-28-2005, 08:12 AM
yes, factory "backed/support", along with numerous other sponsers "fun-bike center" (san diego), "spy", "thor", "tige' boats", "kicker", etc. he makes up his own team, cause it's hard to employ a "part-time" factory rider. now leave me alone (j/k) ;) wwwwwrrrrrrrraaaaaapppppppp - keyes
sorry to bother you....haha.
He's under the factory rig, not a support rig like FC, XXX, Subway, Motosport, Holigan, or ECC. Preston is Alloy and Fonseca is Answer. They all have other sponsors, but the big 3 for 250's are under the factory rig.
now quit bothering me!!!!! just kidding. I like the MX talk.

Tom Slick
10-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Here's my predictions, but time will tell if I'm right or wrong:
Suzuki will have both RC and Tedesco on 450's. Why, because RC will pick the 450 and Ivan will follow suit, as he is going to become Ricky's clone this season. Ivan isn't dumb and knows a great opportunity when he sees one and being RC's team mate will be huge for him.
Honda will have Preston on the 450 for sure, but Fonzy is going to be a questionmark. MC will be on a factory Honda 250 under the Honda tent with some outside sponsors just like last year.
Yamaha will have both Reed and Voss on 450's.
Kawasaki will have Stewart and Burner both on the new 450.
Factory Connection will have K-Dub on the 450 like always and LaRocco will most likely be on the 250, but he may change his mind when he sees how fast everyone is going on the 450 in testing and switch it up.
The new 450's are just to good not to be considered for both indoor and obviously outdoor, and the manufactures would love nothing more then to see the 450's out in the stadiums in 06. Development on the 250's is done as far as the manufactures are concerned, and they would like to move away from them on a production stand point.
I say bring your ear plugs to A1, cause you're gonna need um. :)

79Challenger
10-28-2005, 08:21 AM
I saw him on a 450 at Elsinore about mid-summer

Racer277
10-28-2005, 08:24 AM
You're not kidding!

tcook33
10-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Here's my predictions, but time will tell if I'm right or wrong:
Suzuki will have both RC and Tedesco on 450's. Why, because RC will pick the 450 and Ivan will follow suit, as he is going to become Ricky's clone this season. Ivan isn't dumb and knows a great opportunity when he sees one and being RC's team mate will be huge for him.
Honda will have Preston on the 450 for sure, but Fonzy is going to be a questionmark. MC will be on a factory Honda 250 under the Honda tent with some outside sponsors just like last year.
Yamaha will have both Reed and Voss on 450's.
Kawasaki will have Stewart and Burner both on the new 450.
Factory Connection will have K-Dub on the 450 like always and LaRocco will most likely be on the 250, but he may change his mind when he sees how fast everyone is going on the 450 in testing and switch it up.
The new 450's are just to good not to be considered for both indoor and obviously outdoor, and the manufactures would love nothing more then to see the 450's out in the stadiums in 06. Development on the 250's is done as far as the manufactures are concerned, and they would like to move away from them on a production stand point.
I think you just might be right......except for Bubba. I think he will pick the 250. The 450 has given him too much trouble. Especially if RC picks the 450. Maybe an excuse at the end of the season.... :D
What about DV? He has given hints about the 250, but if everyone goes 450, so will he.

Tom Slick
10-28-2005, 09:14 AM
I think you just might be right......except for Bubba. I think he will pick the 250. The 450 has given him too much trouble. Especially if RC picks the 450. Maybe an excuse at the end of the season.... :D
What about DV? He has given hints about the 250, but if everyone goes 450, so will he.
Yeah, I'm not to sure what is going on with the KXF450. I heard the motor bogged, or stalled on Bubba, causing his crash the other day, and my brother had the same thing happen to him, causing a huge get off as well. Maybe it is just a coinsidence, but I'm sure if there is a problem, they will get it ironed out. The bike is really good though for a first attempt and should be in the hunt for most of the 450 shootouts.

Racer277
10-28-2005, 09:24 AM
The bike is really good though for a first attempt and should be in the hunt for most of the 450 shootouts.
Great! I'd like to see the Supermoto races get a little more colorful too... :mix:

Caribbean Jet
10-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I'm not to sure what is going on with the KXF450. I heard the motor bogged, or stalled on Bubba, causing his crash the other day, and my brother had the same thing happen to him, causing a huge get off as well. Maybe it is just a coinsidence, but I'm sure if there is a problem, they will get it ironed out. The bike is really good though for a first attempt and should be in the hunt for most of the 450 shootouts.
When I was watching yesterday I thought that I heard it back firing a bunch of times and bogg out. I thought maybe I'm just not hearing something right or just not that well versed on the KXF450.

tcook33
10-28-2005, 10:27 AM
They better get their act together quick over there. December is coming quick and there better be some good racing up in Canada.
For the record, Bubba will dominate this winter. He will have his hands full in the summer though....again...

Racer277
10-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Nice call.
Shouldn't CR start up in Canada also?
He's always strong for the last half of the season, why not start the last half two races early?
Will we finally get THE SEASON we've all been waiting for?

tcook33
10-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Nice call.
Shouldn't CR start up in Canada also?
He's always strong for the last half of the season, why not start the last half two races early?
Will we finally get THE SEASON we've all been waiting for?
Yeah, Reed will be there. All the big boys will be up there...excluding DV, who will be in Europe doing some races.
Can we consider DV a "big boy" anymore? Since he is now on a support team? I think so. I hope he is top 5 this year. Realistically.........top......8.
I hope this is the season.....I know 125's will be insane. With BT coming over. Villopoto and the Alessi's. It's gonna be really good.

tcook33
10-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Reed confirmed a 4-stroke.
RC said on Wind Tunnel he'll be on a 2-stroke.

Caribbean Jet
10-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Villipotto was out there yesterday, man that kid grew so much since I saw him last year. I was at the Elsinore GP last year and he was so little.

Racer277
10-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Reed confirmed a 4-stroke.
RC said on Wind Tunnel he'll be on a 2-stroke.
Yeah, I just saw that about CR also....
RC said on Wind Tunnel that he was sure Reed would ride the 2-stroke...
Will this make RC reconsider..... :idea:
I hope he stays on the race bike...

tcook33
10-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Villipotto was out there yesterday, man that kid grew so much since I saw him last year. I was at the Elsinore GP last year and he was so little.
That kid showed those guys what's up at GH. He was bad a$$.

tcook33
10-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I just saw that about CR also....
RC said on Wind Tunnel that he was sure Reed would ride the 2-stroke...
Will this make RC reconsider..... :idea:
I hope he stays on the race bike...
I'd like to see a little mix-up with all the big boys. It would be nice to see the 2's up against the 4's out there. Hopefully they all decide something different.
Mayby Bubba should ride an 80 to keep it interesting. :jawdrop: :D

Woodster
10-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Bubba's really diggin the 4stroke actually.. These were from weds
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/9791/img09780pw.jpg
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/5456/img09808iq.jpg