PDA

View Full Version : Support for the troop's families???

OGShocker
10-28-2005, 07:55 AM
This company,
Benefit Management Adm Inc
9365 Cherry Valley Avenue Southeast, Caledonia, MI 49316
(616) 891-1984
Email: information@benefitsthatfit.com
fired a woman who took an unpaid leave of absence from work to see her husband off to war.
Here is the FULL story. (http://www.wftv.com/news/5187982/detail.html)
I am placing a call to see why? How about you? :chi:

mickeyfinn
10-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Sounds a little incompassionate maybe, but not wrong. I love the way the papers spin the story. It says she TOLD them that she would try to be back on the 17th but if she couldn't it would be the 18th. Also says that she had approved leave the week before he left. I know she just left her husband, but if she didn't have approved leave she should have been at work. Business can't operate with employees working shifts at their whims. Either you are approved to be away from work or you are not. Every job I have ever had the employee doesn't TELL the employer when they will or will not be at work. They REQUEST leave and the employer either approves or disapproves it. Sounds like she was approved for a week and decided to add an extra day. Without knowing her work history I don't see how anyone can make a judgement one way or another.

Squirtin Thunder
11-05-2005, 11:12 AM
If it wasn't a military excuse then I would say fire her ass. But it was so you better keep her or this will happen.