PDA

View Full Version : Spam. 8-71 blower kit and Holley 1000 cfm carbs

cyclone
10-28-2005, 12:19 PM
SOLD.

MAXIMUS
10-28-2005, 03:17 PM
I am truely happy you are finally going to allow your air pump to get some air! Shiat can the carbs & step up to a hat. If you need some help with the set up, ask myself or some of the others on the boards. You would be surprised at the performance... ;)

MAXIMUS
10-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Would you seperate the carbs??? My lawn mower needs a new carb & am thinking about stepping it up a tickle! :messedup:

revndave
10-28-2005, 03:29 PM
I am truely happy you are finally going to allow your air pump to get some air! Shiat can the carbs & step up to a hat. If you need some help with the set up, ask myself or some of the others on the boards. You would be surprised at the performance... ;)
Thats right!! I'm getting rid of the carbs again.HAT :crossx:

cyclone
10-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Would you seperate the carbs??? My lawn mower needs a new carb & am thinking about stepping it up a tickle! :messedup:
I imagine that your lawnmore would need more cfm but yeah i'll separate the carbs.

BUSBY
10-28-2005, 04:12 PM
:D :D :D
Alright Mike! Great price ... someone will be getting a deal at that price!

TRG
10-28-2005, 09:15 PM
???:squiggle:??? I see how it is,...HOMIES RIGHT??

victorfb
10-28-2005, 10:11 PM
there ya go Todd, a good deal. just think how nice that would work on that little red boat.

MAXIMUS
10-29-2005, 05:54 AM
Thats right!! I'm getting rid of the carbs again.HAT :crossx:
Dave you are almost as hard to follow as lucky... You need to slow yourself down & focus man focus! :messedup:

BUSBY
10-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Todd ... work something out ... get that blower! Help your Homie out in getting his bigger one!

steelcomp
10-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Would you seperate the carbs??? My lawn mower needs a new carb & am thinking about stepping it up a tickle! :messedup:What??? No hat on the mower?? :confused: C'mon, Max... :rolleyes: :D

BUSBY
10-30-2005, 08:12 PM
What no bites yet??? Common people ... this is a good deal for a lake boat ... Mike wants to go racing ... help a brother out here ...

MAXIMUS
11-01-2005, 06:57 AM
What??? No hat on the mower?? :confused: C'mon, Max... :rolleyes: :D
Steel I want it to start easy on saturday morning.... :notam: :hammerhea

cyclone
11-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Steel I want it to start easy on saturday morning.... :notam: :hammerhea
I knew you'd see the light eventually. don't want to wake up the neighbors. :D

BUSBY
11-07-2005, 12:31 PM
no bites anyone ... c'mon ... Mikey needs a new bigger/better/badder blower!
This one's fine ... but not for the 1500 horses Mike wants!
(I'm tryin' here Mike :D )

cyclone
11-07-2005, 12:59 PM
thanks brian. got someone emailing me about it right now. we'll see. ;)

Taylorman
11-11-2005, 07:40 AM
So how much more boost can an 1471 make over an 871? What about the PSI blowers, whats the difference in them over say a 1471?

BUSBY
11-14-2005, 11:46 AM
So how much more boost can an 1471 make over an 871? What about the PSI blowers, whats the difference in them over say a 1471?
Well the 1471 blower has longer rotors ... longer overall, so you get a larger volume of air without turning it as fast. You'll be able to get the same amount of air turning it slower than the 871 ... which will create less heat (compressed air is heated air).
Think of an air compressor in your garage, if you feel the pipe coming out of the regulator when it's running, it's hot ... but if you connect a long hose, you will have cold/wet air coming out after it's traveled and had a change to cool.
The blower is your compressor, it will compress the air and heat it. Engines like cold dense air. So we do things like high rise manifolds and intercoolers to try to cool the charge before it enters the combustion chamber. If we can help cool it by adding longer rotors and turning the blower slower, great!
A PSI blower is a whole different animal ... it's a screw blower instead of a roots blower ... way different rotors. A roots blower has nylon strips that almost touch the opposite rotor, creating a tighter clearence ... this creates friction, which creates heat. A PSI or screw charger ... no strips, turns without friction, much less heat, cooler denser charge ... but 2 to 3 times the $$$ ...
In Mike's sale here, the 871 he's selling is a great blower set up, he just has a huge engine (572 ci) and needs a larger blower, for a 454 - 468 ... this is a perfect combination ... very reliable.