PDA

View Full Version : Something smells on this deal?

callbob4homes
10-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Hello,
Thank you for your interest in purchasing my golf cart. I know that are numerous offers on eBay and I'm glad that you choose to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase.
First of all I must inform you that I'm in Italy and I have to let you know that the golf cart is here with me.I am the first owner of the golf cart. You will receive your golf cart by FedEx Freight International at your home address. It is insured in case of damage and it takes 5 days to be delivered at your door. No damages, no scratches or dents, never touched the ground, no hidden defects.
I didn't paid for Italy import taxes and if I'll keep the golf cart like that I'm going to lose it. Time is really an issue and we have to move fast.
The price I hope to obtain is $1500 US (this price includes the shipping and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction.
Price is good cause if I pay taxes here and sell it here would get the same price if I sell it in US from here.
Also you have nothing to worry about, because this deal will be done in a secure way. The most important thing in all my activity here is that I am affiliated at eBay Square Trade. I have a purchase protection account for $10,000 and I assume you know what this mean. In case we will close this deal, you are protected by Square Trade. How you are protected by Square Trade, well, in case you will not receive the golf cart as I described to you, Square Trade will refund you with 100% from the whole amount which you paid.
If you are interested in this deal just email me back with the address where you want me to ship the golf cart. As you probably know I'll get paid only after you receive and inspect the golf cart and only if the golf cart is just as advertised.
If you decide to go further let me know asap.
Best regards!
This was in answer to my email to an ebay listing for a 2004 Club Car Precedent. Ya think? :hammerhea

Outnumbered
10-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Check his feedback for big ticket items. If he has never sold anything over a few hundred I would not do it. My gut tells me it is some type of scam. $1,500 including shipping--no way.

HM
10-29-2005, 11:41 AM
They will send you a link to a bogus squaretrade website to do the deal.
I would repond with "I have a business partner that owes money that is in Italy that has a cashiers check for $15,000. He will give you the cashiers check and you can wire the difference into my account and ship the cart." :D

MOBrien
10-29-2005, 11:43 AM
don't even bother checking.....total scam. There are other threads on the boards about this. Probably the same guy. Report it to EBay and they'll handle it pretty quickly. Surprisingly, they act very fast on fraudulent postings and all of the sudden the ads disappear.

BrendellaJet
10-29-2005, 11:47 AM
I would repond with "I have a business partner that owes money that is in Italy that has a cashiers check for $15,000. He will give you the cashiers check and you can wire the difference into my account and ship the cart." :D
LOL :crossx:

callbob4homes
10-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Yeah, the posting was yesterday and pulled today. Funny thing about it, she said the cart was in Italy, but the pics of it were in front of a pawn shop in the U.S. A 5K golf car for 1500K including shipping to Arizona? Damn I would take 2. :D
just can't trust em anymore :messedup:

MayDaze
10-29-2005, 11:57 AM
This is a scam..... Ask to speak to the guy on the phone and he will never call you. This link might help you out.....
http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-10168-0-10.html?forumID=104&threadID=95194&messageID=1101874&start=142

2Driver
10-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah, the posting was yesterday and pulled today. Funny thing about it, she said the cart was in Italy, but the pics of it were in front of a pawn shop in the U.S. A 5K golf car for 1500K including shipping to Arizona? Damn I would take 2. :D
just can't trust em anymore :messedup:
It seems you should have learned your lesson when you purchased that car in your avatar. :D :D

callbob4homes
10-29-2005, 01:43 PM
It seems you should have learned your lesson when you purchased that car in your avatar. :D :D
but the guy said cherry one owner, gets good gas mileage and clear title.
and the title was clear, you couldn't see a thing on that page! :p
yes I knew it was a scam, just wanted to put it up on here, haven't seen the one from Italy yet

bigblockbill
10-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Saw that same type of deal last week on a Sea Doo Jet Ski Boat a buddy of mine was looking at. Definatly a scam.

cdog
10-29-2005, 01:45 PM
:D :D :D :D Good one!

callbob4homes
10-29-2005, 01:51 PM
actually I wish I still had that thing. no place to put it working from my home office, but when I had it in Havasu, it got quite a bit of attention. just 2 frikken heavy to move.

superdave013
10-29-2005, 02:39 PM
actually I wish I still had that thing. no place to put it working from my home office, but when I had it in Havasu, it got quite a bit of attention. just 2 frikken heavy to move.
man, I wish I knew you were off'in that. I would have paid some good coin for it!

2Driver
10-29-2005, 02:42 PM
man, I wish I knew you were off'in that. I would have paid some good coin for it!
Yeah, but I think the pink blower sticking out the top didn't go with it :D :D

NorCal Gameshow
10-30-2005, 07:30 AM
there was a smokin deal on a jeep in greece. I think it was on yahoo auctions. it had the same squaretrade and import tax dealio.
if it's too good to be true....

Garrddogg
10-30-2005, 09:06 AM
i found a 69 Z28 like that in Italy it was a smokin deal, too smokin! the pics looked like they were takin in the U.S. he told send the $$ western union and he would send car the next day he told me he shipped the car and i told him i sent the $$ he kept goin to the Western union office he was gettin bent!! i ded a search of western union for a confirmation # and an adress in his city and sent him a bogus number and the correct address then did a search for the FBI and Italy and got a phone number and name for an FBI field office in Italy he was freakin out about the $$ and i told him i would check on it the next day, then the next day told him the account and transaction was froze and i was contacted bi the FBI and gave him the field agents name and number in italy, I kept fuggin with him with the "wheres the car at" and the "I sent the money" It was great it went on for almost two weeks. what an asshat! fuggin scammers! It took a few hours worth of research and emailing but SO WORTH IT!! When ever I get one of those too good to be true deals I like to roll with it and see what kind of distress i can cause the scammers!! :D

GHT
10-30-2005, 09:10 AM
Now, that's some f'ing funny sh1t right there.. Think he'll buy it??? :hammer2: :hammerhea .

PowellScooter
10-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Something smells on this deal?
uuuuuuhhhh ya think? ;)

BajaMike
10-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I've got a bridge in Havasu I'll sell you...
http://www.havasu.k12.az.us/personnel/London%20Bridge%203.jpg
Send the money to my Swiss bank account....
:D :confused: :D :confused: