PDA

View Full Version : Spam*** BBC Oil Pan

BUSBY
10-29-2005, 04:37 PM
So as we're hanging around cutting my toe off ... Mike (cyclone) & MikeF are telling me that the oil pan I have sitting around collecting dust from a prior engine rebuild 1) is worth something & 2) I could offer it to someone here who could use it.
It's a Gen 4 BBC jet boat (or i/o) pan w/ oil evacuation hose kit ... they tell me it would be a deal for someone at $100 ... so here it is ... anyone need a pan w/ oil hose kit?
(I'll throw in a free chain/upper gear and a front cover ... it's dirty, sorry ... just hosed it off to get the dust off of it ... )
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2358oct05_nationals_065.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2358oct05_nationals_066.jpg

NELSON#109
10-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Theres A Place Here In Ventura That Will Give You A Few Bucks For Scrap Steel!!!! Beat It...

BigBlockOldsJet
10-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Looks like something from a re-run of Sanford and Son.

obnoxious001
10-29-2005, 06:01 PM
I would guess it was on a turbo engine, and those are oil drains welded into the sides. I don't think the chain and gear are good for anything without the matching crank gear.

steelcomp
10-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Theres A Place Here In Ventura That Will Give You A Few Bucks For Scrap Steel!!!! Beat It...
No such thing as Scrap Steel. Maybe scrap steel......you beat it!! :D

NELSON#109
10-30-2005, 12:01 AM
No such thing as Scrap Steel. Maybe scrap steel......you beat it!! :D
THAT REMINDS ME, ALL "STEEL" IS WORTHLESS.......

Cs19
10-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Thats a choice pan right there folks, better jump on it. :cool:
Im a bit surprised cyclone didnt jump on it when he was in need of a pan.. :wink:

SmokinLowriderSS
10-30-2005, 12:21 PM
I needed one last winter ro replace a rusty-fronted one (timing cover too). Don't have need this year tho or I'd consider it. :cool:

BUSBY
10-30-2005, 04:27 PM
I would guess it was on a turbo engine, and those are oil drains welded into the sides. I don't think the chain and gear are good for anything without the matching crank gear.
Twin turbo deal ... correct ...
I actually have the crank that came outta that there motor w/ the lower gear ... just forgot about it ... I guess I could take it off for someone ...
Shoot the oil drain hose kit is what $45 - $50 bucks??? and the pan has to be worth something to someone ... make me an offer ... I know it's not a Hamburger or Stef's ... but it's in good shape ...
I guess it'll collect dust iffin no one picks it up ... anyways, it's here ...
Now that I think about it ... I have a good crank collecting dust as well ... BBC, 4.0" stroke, factory, std/std ... make offer ..

Nucking futs
10-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Twin turbo deal ... correct ...
I actually have the crank that came outta that there motor w/ the lower gear ... just forgot about it ... I guess I could take it off for someone ...
Shoot the oil drain hose kit is what $45 - $50 bucks??? and the pan has to be worth something to someone ... make me an offer ... I know it's not a Hamburger or Stef's ... but it's in good shape ...
I guess it'll collect dust iffin no one picks it up ... anyways, it's here ...
Now that I think about it ... I have a good crank collecting dust as well ... BBC, 4.0" stroke, factory, std/std ... make offer ..
Forged?

BUSBY
10-30-2005, 08:10 PM
I think so ... at the other house ... I'll check tomorrow & let you know ...
Brian

Nucking futs
10-30-2005, 08:27 PM
I think so ... at the other house ... I'll check tomorrow & let you know ...
Brian
Let me know , Thanks.

Carbon Dave
10-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Damn!!! I could have used it about 3 weeks ago when I was changing my rear main seal.

moneysucker
10-31-2005, 01:10 AM
Brian, don't make me buy it for the new SWDT. If M$ runs good in the morning (If I am not too hung over) I will want it for "M$ Too."

Nucking futs
10-31-2005, 07:21 AM
Brian, don't make me buy it for the new SWDT. If M$ runs good in the morning (If I am not too hung over) I will want it for "M$ Too."
Now now CY, I have first dibs here. Always jumpin the gun and stealin my thunder.You better hope that yours runs good cuz im comin for ya.... :eat:

cyclone
10-31-2005, 07:51 AM
c'mon someone give brian some coin for this thing. he's trying to go reall really really fast in his boat and needs a bigger motor. hook a brother up. :mix:

steelcomp
10-31-2005, 08:31 AM
THAT REMINDS ME, ALL "STEEL" IS WORTHLESS.......
OUCH!!!! :yuk:
You'll get yours. :argue: :D

steelcomp
10-31-2005, 08:35 AM
c'mon someone give brian some coin for this thing. he's trying to go reall really really fast in his boat and needs a bigger motor. hook a brother up. :mix:
I'll take it for $5.00. You pay me $5.00, and I'll take it. :D
Instead, you can save the $$ for the Brad pan, and we can make this one fit. I swear! :wink:
(I'll throw in a free chain/upper gear and a front cover ... it's dirty, sorry ... just hosed it off to get the dust off of it ... )What a guy!! :D

AZKC
10-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Shoot the oil drain hose kit is what $45 - $50 bucks???
I had one on my old motor, took it off cause I had no idea on how it worked. So how do they work?

BUSBY
10-31-2005, 08:47 AM
Instead, you can save the $$ for the Brad pan, and we can make this one fit. I swear! :wink:
:idea: maybe ... :D
What a guy!! :D
Hey ... I try ... :D

BUSBY
10-31-2005, 08:51 AM
I had one on my old motor, took it off cause I had no idea on how it worked. So how do they work?
Well ... it has a threded end on it ... you hook it to a pump and suck the oil out ...
It's not hurting me to put it back into storage ... just know it's here iffin you come across someone who needs one ...
I'll look at the crank later today and let you know ...

BUSBY
10-31-2005, 11:00 AM
Yup forged crank 2.748/2.199 std/std ... $350 ??? ... perfect condition ... In Fullerton today @ Ron's tearing the motor down for World Finals ... back in Irvine tonight ... will post pics then or call me for directions over here @ Ron's ...
(714) 448-4345 - cell
Brian