PDA

View Full Version : Need boat shipping help!

sidewound
10-31-2005, 02:08 PM
I found a little jet in Cali I would like to buy. It's too far for me to fetch it.
I want it brought to the midwest. If anyone has a hookup or knows of a reasonable outfit I'd sure appreciate any info.
Thanks for any help!!!!!
Peace Man! :cool:
CESAR

riverroyal
10-31-2005, 04:00 PM
or just a private party deal,what you be willing to pay?

RandyH
10-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Cesar, In 2002 John West at Ultra contracted a marine transporter to haul my Ultra to Iowa. He shrinkwrapped it for me. It came tucked under two big Eliminators headed to Ohio. I wrote the trucker a check for $750. Paid the local boat dealer to unload it for 100. You might call Ultra or Eliminator to see who they use to haul their boats to their east coast dealers.??
Hardest part would be getting it loaded on the west coast unless you could pay one of them to load it for you.
Good Luck.
RandyH

sidewound
10-31-2005, 11:03 PM
or just a private party deal,what you be willing to pay?
As little as I have to! LOL :wink: Shoot me a price.
Thanks for the reply
CESAR

sidewound
10-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks Randy!
The boats on a trailer so I don't know how they would handle the loading deal.
Man your close to me. I know a couple of jetters in your town.
CESAR

572Daytona
11-01-2005, 05:52 AM
These guys shipped my daytona complete with trailer on a flatbed with other boats:
http://www.rxpressinc.com/
At the time that was the shipper that Eliminator used and if there are other boats headed the same direction it definitely helps with the $$$. I paid in the neighborhood of $700 too, but that was a couple of years ago before gas prices were so high. You do have to have access to a sling hoist to load and unload the boat/trailer from the flatbed, I had them deliver it to a local marina that had one and then picked it up from there.

sam pioske
11-01-2005, 06:18 AM
Taking my moter home to MN in spring, too late?? Where from in CA

Squirtin Thunder
11-01-2005, 06:53 AM
I do it when I can. But with fuel cost the way they are what once was $700 is now more like $2100. From where to where exactly ??? PM me the info and I will quote a price.
Thanks
Jim
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72536&page=4&highlight=Miller
Also picked up and stored Carlsons SWTD that he bought from Mouzer.

full throttle
11-01-2005, 09:03 AM
A couple of months ago, I purchased a 30' boat in Michigan. I then called quite a few transport outfits. Some would haul it on a flatbed tractor/trailer, but you need a boom to load/unload. The others would haul on your trailer. Prices were from $2900 to $4700. After all that research, the wife and I fueled up the cummins and went for it. We spent about $1400 in fuel/hotels/fun, and did the whole thing in 6 days. It seems like a pain in the ass, but it was kinda cool. Never been that direction before. Got to see LOTO and Grand Lake also. Not to keen on some stranger haul'in my investment around. If you do use a transport co, make damn sure there bonded and have good feedback.

sidewound
11-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the replies everybody.
The little boat needs to come from Colfax Cali. to Clear Lake IA. 50428.
I will try the link that was posted.
sam pioski I'm not sure if that's too late or not. That might work good. I'll send ya a PM. Thanks man. I need to talk to the owner to see if he's willing to hold it till spring.
Thanks for the reply squirtin thundr. I'll send off a PM.
THIS LI'L BOAT NEEDS ME! LOL
CESAR