PDA

View Full Version : Prop Question

Beautiful Noise
10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
Has anybody heard of a "Cary Prop" they are hand made in Italy?

lindalou
10-31-2005, 07:09 PM
BN, I think you had to be around in the 70's to remember the Italian prop. It was in the era of Stellings. It was a good prop and very popular. I still have two of them. I am one of the ol' guys that has not run anything new yet. My Dad sold Harold Kinsvater boats but he wasnt into props until later. The point being is I have no comparison for you. They were the shiznit in the day..
Mike Minegar

BIGAMIST
10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
BN, I think you had to be around in the 70's to remember the Italian prop. It was in the era of Stellings. It was a good prop and very popular. I still have two of them. I am one of the ol' guys that has not run anything new yet. My Dad sold Harold Kinsvater boats but he wasnt into props until later. The point being is I have no comparison for you. They were the shiznit in the day..
Mike Minegar
BN was around in the 40s & 50s :D :D :D

GofastRacer
10-31-2005, 07:48 PM
Steve, I can't believe you haven't heard of Cary, they are among the best!.. ;)

coolchange
10-31-2005, 07:55 PM
You may sell your boat, you may sell it "less motor", but it's almost always, "No the Carey doesn't go with the boat"

boatguy222
10-31-2005, 07:56 PM
If they they right hand, do you want to sell them?

GofastRacer
10-31-2005, 08:02 PM
You may sell your boat, you may sell it "less motor", but it's almost always, "No the Carey doesn't go with the boat"
You got that right!. :D

Beautiful Noise
10-31-2005, 09:34 PM
BN was around in the 40s & 50s :D :D :D
:notam: :boxingguy :hammerhea :D :D

Beautiful Noise
10-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Steve, I can't believe you haven't heard of Cary, they are among the best!.. ;)
Thanks for the input Guys..........Art.....I never heard of them................Well I have now, I just pick one up off a friend of mine that had the Sister boat to mine he sold his boat years ago BUT like it was said by "coolchange" The Cary doesnt go with the boat :D :D

wrath of cron
11-01-2005, 01:12 AM
as I remember.....carey props were made in Italy and the carey name was an insulating company in long island n.y. who sold them here in the states. I drove out to LI to buy one for my garvey in 1980 (?) and they had just gotten out of the buisness and sold their stock to someone on the left coast.

Ron Hill
11-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Cary Propellers were actually made by a man named Radice. He also made all of Volvo Sterndrive propellers. He only spoke Italian. Joe Mascari was in the box business in New York. Mascari spoke Italian and made a deal with Radice to make Cary Propellers.
Some of the best Racing Propellers ever made were Cary Props. The guy on the Left Coast, was Phil Rolla, who lived in California and spoke Italian. When he started Record Propelllers, he moved to Switzerland...because, he had been working for Mascari!!!
Rolla and Record Propellers are the same company.
I never met Radice, but wish I understood his designs, as I still feel he is a head of the curve on designs...I have made copies, but they was splashes...not designed from a blank sheet of paper...
YES, you NEVER SELL YOUR PROPELLERS when you sell a boat, unless you don't want them and you know they ain't very good........and a CARY is a CARY...which you don't sell!!!
The blades were hand forged and welded on... even in the outboards...They rust like hell and have a habit of breaking blades....but then again, thin props are fast, and they do break....
For whatever reason, I have never added a cup to a Cary that didn't slow the prop down....And, I still try to cup them...it does help the hole shot!!!
I have several Cary Style props on E-Bay...or you can see them on www.boatracingfacts.com

Beautiful Noise
12-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the Reply Ron :)