PDA

View Full Version : un tie before launching

UncleLarry
05-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Photo Of Boat and Trailer (http://jokerswildpromotions.com/boat.jpg)
Forgot to take of boat straps - put truck in park. Next thing he knew boat and trailer was floating. (oh yes - they were from california)

syke-o
05-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Forgot to take of boat straps - put truck in park. Next thing he knew boat and trailer was floating. (oh yes - they were from california)
thats how all us californians do it :rolleyes:

Partycattin
05-12-2006, 11:21 AM
A few years back I saw a couple of ladies out in a bayliner. They obviously had tipped a few while fishing all day. One lady driving the boat, the other backing a new jeep cherokee down with the trailer. they get the boat on the trailer and hook it up front. Whoops, forgot to put the truck in park and there she goes, truck, trailer, boat and all. The boat was floating which pulled the tongue of the trailer and rear of the jeep up. Funny to watch!
Also had a friend call me from the launch ramp with his new boat asking how deep it needed to be to get the boat off the trailer. He backed it down, started it up but the boat wouldn't budge. Helps if you remove the rear straps!
Funny stuff.

HocusPocus
05-12-2006, 11:28 AM
come out on a saturday evening at site 6 and just watch all the fun stuff that goes on. :skull:

dicudmore
05-12-2006, 11:30 AM
come out on a saturday evening at site 6 and just watch all the fun stuff that goes on. :skull:
I watch that most saturday evenings...great show :cool:

WYRD
05-12-2006, 11:48 AM
easy there Unck there are stupid people from AZ too :idea: :crossx:

Kim Hanson
05-12-2006, 11:57 AM
I like to do the day of boating and camp right at the ramp, funny shit happens all the time! I got to watch a guy and his daughter and boyfriend launch his boat, he got it in the water and the young ones stayed with the boat after he got it in the water. He drove the trailer up to the parking area and came back down to see his boat barely above water :p He did the Ben Johnson dash to get the trailer back to retrieve the boat :p I really was pissing myself watching this shit happen.
Okay, they got the boat on the trailer and let it drain for like 20-25 minutes. Then they put in the plug and put it back in the water :cool: I was sitting taken pictures and laughing, what a dumb fock! It got better yet, the owner took it for a rip and came back to let the daughters boyfriend take it away as he took the trailer up to the parking area. He came walking back down like he had saved the world to have this kid that he was waving at to come and pick him up off the dock :p the kid was coming in at like 20-30 mph to the dock and he hit it hard enough that the owner just about went into water on the other side of the dock and he knocked off a good chunk of the nose on the dock :p off they went happy as chit just being in the water :cool:
.........( . )( . )..............

KineticoH20
05-12-2006, 12:13 PM
A friend told me about a girl who launched a new bayliner, once she was in the boat it was running sluggish,when she pulled to the dock, someone noticed the trailer was still attatched, lol she unhooked the trailer from the tow vehicle and launched trailer and all.

Focker
05-12-2006, 12:15 PM
That Pic Makes No Focken Sense
The Truck Is Faced Head First Into The Lake Not Ass Backwards
Whats The Real Story

Focker
05-12-2006, 12:15 PM
A friend told me about a girl who launched a new bayliner, once she was in the boat it was running sluggish,when she pulled to the dock, someone noticed the trailer was still attatched, lol she unhooked the trailer from the tow vehicle and launched trailer and all.
WHY U SELLING YOUR BIKE

jbtrailerjim
05-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Whats The Real Story
That is not the windshield you're seeing. Look's like it has a camper shell on it to me.

Kim Hanson
05-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Whats The Real Story
Maybe he thought it was a drive through :p .........( . )( . )..........

KineticoH20
05-12-2006, 12:18 PM
WHY U SELLING YOUR BIKE
To finance new boat :cry: I hate to finance anything. My wifes happy though, thinks im gonna kill myself. It is an awesome bike, someone is gonna be stoked big time.

boater012
05-12-2006, 12:26 PM
That is not the windshield you're seeing. Look's like it has a camper shell on it to me.
I see a snugtop emblem to left and below the mans hand!

Focker
05-12-2006, 12:54 PM
I see a snugtop emblem to left and below the mans hand!
POINT IS THE DUMB FOCKER (MUST BE A RELATIVE OF MINE) DROVE INTO THE LAKE AND DID NOT BACK INTO THE LAKE

Focker
05-12-2006, 12:54 PM
To finance new boat :cry: I hate to finance anything. My wifes happy though, thinks im gonna kill myself. It is an awesome bike, someone is gonna be stoked big time.
IS THAT A VENGEANCE

Danhercules
05-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Whats The Real Story
I see site 6. The wall at the top left of the pic is the water line, the right side of the ramp (when backing down). The pic was taken from the dock, right? thats what it looks like to me.

6 Dollar Boat
05-12-2006, 01:03 PM
POINT IS THE DUMB FOCKER (MUST BE A RELATIVE OF MINE) DROVE INTO THE LAKE AND DID NOT BACK INTO THE LAKE
No, the truck is facing the right way. The ramp is to the left of the concrete retaining wall.

schlepy
05-12-2006, 01:05 PM
What A Ball Bag.

NOTALENT
05-12-2006, 01:15 PM
it's a new sport....who can get there truck in the deepest....I hear it will be in the OLYMPICS next year... :crossx:

RiverDave
05-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Whats The Real Story
It does if you think about it for a second.. It kinda threw me for a loop at first as well. If they backed it down the ramp then for some reason "park" let go and the whole program went into the water deep enough.. The boat would float on the trailer, pulling the back of the truck up to the surface. The ramp is in front of the truck it's just deep enough that the front of the truck is sunk, and the back is being pulled up by the boat.
RD

jbtrailerjim
05-12-2006, 03:14 PM
I see site 6. The wall at the top left of the pic is the water line, the right side of the ramp (when backing down). The pic was taken from the dock, right? thats what it looks like to me.
That's exactly how it look's to me. As soon as I saw the brick wall in the back ground, I knew it was site 6.

Keith E. Sayre
05-12-2006, 03:33 PM
About 8 years ago, Eliminator was shipping a 23' v bottomed boat and trailer back east on the back of a flatbed 18 wheeled truck. At the last minute,
the buyer of the boat came to Havasu so they called us up to see if we would be able to get the boat and trailer off the diesel flatbed and show the
guy the ropes and how to use it etc. They would pay us for our time and
life was good. Unfortunately, the buyer of the boat apparently knew
everything about everything, and hooked it up as soon as it came off the
big trailer and off he went. Then we get the phone call from him at the
launch ramp. "can't get the damn thing off the trailer!" Well.....the
super observant 18 wheel driver had noticed that the trailer manufacturer
had only put half of the lag bolts into the bottom side of the bunks on the
trailer! So he had stopped since he had time to spare, bought a bunch of
lag bolts and thoughtfully installed them in the wood bunks that the boat
was sitting on! Only problem was, they were an inch too long! That boat
was never coming off of that trailer!!
Eliminator promptly paid someone here in town to pull the bolts out, patch
the holes and sent the buyer on his way. I've never laughed so hard!
Keith Sayre

dicudmore
05-12-2006, 03:40 PM
About 8 years ago, Eliminator was shipping a 23' v bottomed boat and trailer back east on the back of a flatbed 18 wheeled truck. At the last minute,
the buyer of the boat came to Havasu so they called us up to see if we would be able to get the boat and trailer off the diesel flatbed and show the
Keith Sayre
oops

ahhell
05-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Keith Sayre
LMAO....measure twice drill once