PDA

View Full Version : still hot

samiam
08-19-2002, 06:45 AM
back again. I have a 1999 232 BAJA w/a 7.4l , it is still running hot when I get on it(195-200deg). I changed the impeller a month ago. Would bad exhaust gasket cause it to run hot? There is rust marks in engine compartment.It also has low water pick up on the outdrive , it has sucked up sand in the past. Runs cool at an idle.

BOFH
08-19-2002, 08:53 AM
Just going over the obvious to make sure it was covered. Thermostat good? No sand in the water passages? Does flow noticably change from idel to WOT?

samiam
08-19-2002, 10:01 PM
BOFH:
Just going over the obvious to make sure it was covered. Thermostat good? No sand in the water passages? Does flow noticably change from idel to WOT?not sure on flow, but when i flushed it today and pulled engine block drains sand did come out(don't remember any sand this wknd) the low water p/up picks up everything. still have rust marks and occassional drip from exh.

BOFH
08-20-2002, 02:21 PM
You need to flush out the water system. Every part... Pull the thermostat, and flush it out with a hose allong every passage.
As to the exhaust, when was the last time you inspected the risers? They rust out after a few years...

samiam
08-22-2002, 12:11 PM
BOFH:
You need to flush out the water system. Every part... Pull the thermostat, and flush it out with a hose allong every passage.
As to the exhaust, when was the last time you inspected the risers? They rust out after a few years...thanks for the help, I'll flush the motor tomorrow.