PDA

View Full Version : Blocker loader

Taylorman
11-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Whats the purpose of a blocker loader? Why would you want to block water?

UBFJ #454
11-03-2005, 11:19 AM
The purpose of a 'Blocker' in a Loader is to create Lift.

Squirtin Thunder
11-03-2005, 11:57 AM
The blocker loader can also be tuned to get the desired rpm of the engine at a givin speed.
The blocking part of the Loader can be tuned for your specific hull to creat the proper amount of water load and hull lift.
Bear should have a Dr. in this from all the loaders his team have made over the years.

BigBlockOldsJet
11-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Bear should have a Dr. in this from all the loaders his team have made over the years.
The never ending quest to aquire the optimum loader.

IMPATIENT 1
11-03-2005, 12:51 PM
S. Thunder, Who's The Brunette In Your Sig Line? She's Hot As Hell,anymore Pics Of Her. ;)

Heatseeker
11-03-2005, 01:22 PM
S. Thunder, Who's The Brunette In Your Sig Line? She's Hot As Hell,anymore Pics Of Her. ;)
She'd better be careful. If she keeps bouncing them things around like that, she'll be stepping on them soon :supp: !

IMPATIENT 1
11-03-2005, 02:21 PM
She'd better be careful. If she keeps bouncing them things around like that, she'll be stepping on them soon :supp: !
YEP! BUT WOULDN'T SHE BE FUN FOR A COUPLE OF YRS. ANYWAY! :lightsabe

Heatseeker
11-03-2005, 02:37 PM
You betcha ;) !

1978 Rogers
11-03-2005, 02:39 PM
God, what a face & smile too. WOW.

mj680
11-03-2005, 02:44 PM
How does blocking water create lift ? :confused:

mj680
11-03-2005, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=Squirtin Thunder]The blocker loader can also be tuned to get the desired rpm of the engine at a givin speed.
Do you mean if you block enough water the pump/engine will increase Rpm due to lack of water. (Cavatation). ? :confused: ;)

mj680
11-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Whats the purpose of a blocker loader? Why would you want to block water?
This is a question for the so called "Jet boat GuRu"s :boxingguy

Squirtin Thunder
11-03-2005, 03:04 PM
This is a question for the so called "Jet boat GuRu"s :boxingguy
Tony couldn't answer that question he is a V-Drive guy.

Squirtcha?
11-03-2005, 03:11 PM
I think it may be too late John. She's been doing that all day long............

lilrick
11-03-2005, 04:23 PM
dammit Jim! That broad is fricken HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!post all you can !

Heatseeker
11-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Whoops, she must've finally stepped on one. She's gone! :confused:

moneysucker
11-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Jim, I need to see the sig pic now. I have seen 2 threads mentioning it so far. Why didn't you have a hot chick when you were posting 1000 times a day?

BUSBY
11-03-2005, 06:31 PM
CY ... you missed it ... she was hot!
Think HB moderator might have had something to do with her removal ... she was shaking them pretty good ... wrong forum for that ... I think the though he was on ISL ...

lilrick
11-03-2005, 06:49 PM
CY ... you missed it ... she was hot!
Think HB moderator might have had something to do with her removal ... she was shaking them pretty good ... wrong forum for that ... I think the though he was on ISL ...
goddammit!!!!!!!! that was the best shiat jim ever posted!!!!!!!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
11-03-2005, 06:51 PM
goddammit!!!!!!!! that was the best shiat jim ever posted!!!!!!!!!!
I will remember you said that Ricky !!!

PC Rat
11-04-2005, 08:56 PM
The blocker loader can also be tuned to get the desired rpm of the engine at a givin speed.
I've been told that this is not a good way to increase rpm.
Brian

Cs19
11-04-2005, 10:09 PM
How does blocking water create lift ? :confused:
Blocking water does create lift...
It gets lift from water deflecting off the blocker ramp, same concept as a back cut shoe.

Cs19
11-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Also kills some inlet pressure, in some of the faster jetboats inlet pressure is critical, and the blocker helps dial in the amount of inlet you have.On a boat like Jak's and mine we have alot of inlet pressure and blocker is one of the tools to calm that down.
Also...Blocker reduces the amount of water you have, so in a way its tricking the intake into thinking the opening is smaller which in turn helps the boat on the big end.Hurts the start of course.
Also...If you run a decent size blocker on the lake or river, be careful..If you unload your pump for whatever reason, the jet may take a few seconds to "prime" and that can turn into an ugly situation...no steering in other words. HBjet almost wrecked his boat, and another friend of mine did put his cp on the rocks because of this, so be careful.
I havent been running any blocker this season but plan on experimenting next season, hoping to learn more about this stuff.

Cs19
11-04-2005, 10:30 PM
lil rick, whats the history of the boat in your sig line?

lilrick
11-05-2005, 06:39 PM
lil rick, whats the history of the boat in your sig line?
this particular boat or hull manufacturer.

MikeF
11-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Likely, that particular boat. :mix:
It looks to be a Hornet.
What did it race and in what years in CompJet?

Code Blue Racing
11-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Likely, that particular boat. :mix:
It looks to be a Hornet.
What did it race and in what years in CompJet?
He is actually racing it right now in Comp Jet/Nastalgia Endurance (SCSC)

lilrick
11-05-2005, 07:10 PM
it is a 75' Hornet . I bought this boat about 5 yrs ago out of the boat trader from a guy in thousand oaks .This boat has only been raced by me in Long Beach. It is pretty beat up and rough around the edges! Apparently it was designed and made by a guy named MARTY and Jack Mclure. It is my first boat and have been very eager to get involved in boat racing! I was happy to hear that jets were allowed to run in the nostalgia endurance class. i hope that we can get enough jets together to revive the jet class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeF
11-05-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm not real sure if Jack had anything to do w/ the Hornet? (other than the bottom being nearly the same as their Liberty)
Very cool about the racing your boat in a jet class! Looking forward to watching you at a future race. :)

Squirtin Thunder
11-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Very cool about the racing your boat in a jet class! Looking forward to watching you at a future race. :)
As far as the Comp Jet class, we have been promoting it as hard as we can on as many bards as possible, hoping to spark interest. So far for The Thanksgiving Day Regatta we are one Boat short at this time. Latter in the season we will be in better shape for boats, I hope. But being this is the first race of the 2006 SCSC Racing season, I feel it is important for possible racers to come out and run. The 80mph speed limit will be in place for this race and Roockies can't pass, so come out and run what you got and get a good feel.
1)Life Jackets will be avalable at the race to my knowlage as well as other safety devices.
2) Kill switchs are required
3) Rudders are also required
4) Personal GPS with max speed feature

bp
11-06-2005, 06:50 AM
I'm not real sure if Jack had anything to do w/ the Hornet?
i think he did... :D