PDA

View Full Version : Jetaway ?

737jetmech
11-03-2005, 04:24 PM
The (Jetaway) installed in my boat will not drive pump in drive position.Last time we ran the boat everything was fine.Popped it in the neutral on the trailer after use.???
The folks at HighTech marine were very helpful telling me that the 2ea pins that engauge the gears may be stuck. I plan on looking at it this coming weekend. Anyone else had this problem?
Bob

promod
11-03-2005, 04:35 PM
sometimes you have that prob and have to reset them keep grease on those pins, or on all of the moving parts

sdba069
11-04-2005, 07:07 AM
We've not had a problem of any kind on any of ours.

737jetmech
11-08-2005, 07:42 AM
I found the problem! There are 5 ea springs that load the ratchet against the drive shaft side of the unit, 3 of the springs and dowel pins were in the sump.
After replacing the springs and reinstalling new dowel pins 5ea ( with Loctite) it works as its supposed too.
Bob

Duane HTP
11-08-2005, 09:03 AM
737, Please contact me and give me the serial number of your Jetaway.
316-794-8616. I may have some helpful information for you. Locktite will NOT hold those pins.

737jetmech
11-08-2005, 09:45 AM
I'll give you a call Duane.I spoke with Brian the other day about this ... He was very helpful.
The customer support you guy's provide is a great help!
Bob

Jay321
11-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Duane, didn't Ervin have a simmilar thing happen on my TX-19 when he restored it. I remember taking it out of gear when we were at Bever Ark. and the next day when we put in the water, it would not go into drive. Sounds like the same thing. I know it has worked great since then. I have had no problems since we got that bug worked out. Jay

Cheyenne372
11-09-2005, 03:54 AM
Jay:
Under your profile you list "...Coming Soon Capps Cheyenne..."
Does that infer that we will be see you racing again?

Duane HTP
11-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Jay, I don't have any records of that happening. I try to keep a complete list of anything that has ever happened with the Jetaway's. I figure that if we ever see a trend for a problem, we will do whatever we can to improve them. I am, however, beginning to think that it might be better to store the boats with the Jetaway in gear. Then kick them to neutral when you get ready to fire them up. They can't stick in gear because you would have leverage to move them out of gear even after setting for some time. Just an idea!

Jay321
11-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Duane, I have always left my Jetaway in drive. It has been 3 or more years since I had put it into neutral. I did this year and it worked great. Putting jetaway on the new cheyenne along with a mierch pop off.
Duane I may need to ask you some questions on my race data computer.
Cheyenne 372, Yes, that does infer that I will be racing in 06. The boat is done, but we still have to do the rigging.
The motor is done. A good friend, Steve Brule' at Westech Performance, built the motor for me. It is bad @#%. Hope to run 9's w/o the NOS. Should be able to given the dyno results. I can't wait! I did run the new motor in my old cheyenne and it did well considering that I didn't get but one change on the hardware. It was at Ft. Cobb. I won the tunnel ram class and the blown gas class. Not bad for a old 2 X 4 with a tunnel ram. Oh yh, it ran in the mid teens. Can't wait to get on the clocks. Jay

UBFJ #454
11-14-2005, 12:27 PM
The only time we disengage our Jet-A-Way is when we run the motor with the boat on the trailer ... the rest of the time we leave it engaged ... if you think about the way Duane built the device to work, leaving it engaged puts less stress on its internal components. Note, we've Never Had Any Problems with ours.