PDA

View Full Version : sunsation boats

Two K's
11-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Any body have any experience or knowledge with sunsation boats I'm looking at a 97 288 that needs cleaning up and has a bad cyl. 330hp nothing engine. any ideas what it's worth? Are they well built? Fast hulls? Thanks for any info

FREIND OF AA AND TA
11-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Go to the sunsation forums. Those dudes know everything

not right
11-03-2005, 06:49 PM
I've seen the boat your talking about and by the time you add a trailer and a motor you have to get that boat in the 20's to make it worthwhile.

dicudmore
11-04-2005, 07:42 AM
Any body have any experience or knowledge with sunsation boats I'm looking at a 97 288 that needs cleaning up and has a bad cyl. 330hp nothing engine. any ideas what it's worth? Are they well built? Fast hulls? Thanks for any info
I can only comment on the well built part...YES

Quality Time
11-04-2005, 08:10 AM
I'm on my second one. They are built very well. The factory support for any owner is second to none. As far as the boat you are looking at, if you have the hull ID, call the factory and they can give you the history of the boat.
As far as it being a good deal, all depends on what they are asking, what you are willing to give and how much you have/want to put into it. If it is less than perfect condition and the motor is bad, you should have the upper hand in the transaction.
Consider where you boat, the type of boating you like to do and what conditions you typically run in. Those parameter will help others provide you with feedback.
Best of luck

ECeptor
11-06-2005, 01:18 PM
I got to spend a few hours last summer on a brand new 288 mid-cabin. It had an HP500 pushing Bravo XR drive spinning a labbed 24p Bravo 4 blade prop. The boat was a rocket and pulled mid 70's with 5 of us on board. We were in relatively calm water so it was hard to tell too much, but it got on plane quickly and was rock solid at any speed.
I got to drive it for a few minutes and was very impressed.
I've been looking in the ~28' single engine range also, however I'm not ready to buy yet. I did find this sweet looking Scarab on boattrader.com the other night. I don't know your budget, but this looks like a great deal to me. The boat would be very similar to the 288 in size, weight, performance, etc. Here's the ad 1995 29' Scarab (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/8/80854628.htm).

Two K's
11-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks for input guys. I'm waiting for the dealer to send more pictures. I am looking at this boat as if a boat without power cause even if the engine wasn't hurting, 330 hp is too small of power in a 28' boat What I am concerned about is condition of interior and upholstery If that has to be redone it will cost some dollars So I want to see as much as possible with pictures before taking the drive. If upholstery is poor I will probably make an offer assuming the boat needs power and upholstery before I take the drive. Iwas on their web site and they seem to stay involved with their customers which is cool Sounds like a well built boat. Thanks again for info and sorry for not getting back sooner. Been busy with this old house :yuk: :)

Two K's
11-07-2005, 02:59 PM
ECeptor, Thanks for info. Nice looking Scarab. I'm going to get in touch with then. I'm still waiting for dealer to email more pictures of sunsation to me. I'll give them another day or so than call again. I,m begining to wish I hadn't sold my cobra cat. I should have kept it and changed it to a single engine boat.But i need more room I like those 28' nordics Would like to find one of those needing power. I'll find something before spring Thank again.

Roaddogg 4040
11-13-2005, 09:14 PM
The Sunsation factory is about two miles from where I live and I have talked to the owners on four or five different occasions and they seem to be straight forward guys. There boats are well built, beautiful and fast. I'am sure that dosen't help a whole lot but I tried.
Steve

Quality Time
11-14-2005, 06:42 AM
The Sunsation factory is about two miles from where I live and I have talked to the owners on four or five different occasions and they seem to be straight forward guys. There boats are well built, beautiful and fast. I'am sure that dosen't help a whole lot but I tried.
Steve
Hmm, I have a brother named Steve that lives about two miles from the factory. He also has a 32 Dominator.